TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
let me in
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 13:19:28 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

finally, after repeated attempts to sneak his way into her expedition team, he finds himself accompanying her on a smaller trip into the rift at mount pyre, the source of her recent nightmares.[break][break]

"i'm glad i could finally tag along today."[break][break]

though it might sound a little insinuating, he genuinely means it. he'll keep trying to tag along for as long as he can until she gets sick of him. which may be soon.[break][break]

"this place is hella creepy."[break][break]

the mist seems to float a little higher as he says it.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
mission![break]

[newclass=".cian"]--accent:#cbb898; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1012967721866108938/icon-08.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote b, .cian blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .cian blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cian blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
let me in
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 14:56:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope would never outright tell Cian she was sick of him. Even during the worst of times. But, when it came to work --and for all intents and purposes, her expeditions were now considered a branch of her work -- situations shift. What would normally be considered endearing might unexpectedly irritate a piece of her.
[break][break]
But she wore this knowledge behind a well pinned mask. Not to be revealed unless absolutely necessary.
[break][break]

"Me too."
[break][break]

The lie came naturally. No different than any piece of honesty she had ever shared with him.
[break][break]

Pulling her hair back into a low bun, Penelope kept herself marching forward, eyes stuck onto the path in front of them with caution befitting a 4-time visitor of The Borders.
[break][break]

"Yeah," she agreed with a faint nod, "So don't stray too far. I don't want either of us to get lost in this smog."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
let me in
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 17:18:24 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

his mask is not as well crafted or as meticulous as hers is. he wears his heart on his sleeves, always has and always will, and his annoyance shows in the way he walks.[break][break]

why did it take her this long to agree to venture into a rift with him? does she not know what he feels every time she goes on her expeditions? how his heart sits in the depths of his stomach, anxiety-ridden until he eventually receives word from her.[break][break]

and just like that, a GRUDGE begins to spread its roots.[break][break]

"yeah."[break][break]

slowly, as they venture deeper into the border, the mist around them grows thicker. heavier, as though plagued by their worries.[break][break]

seeming to sense cian's annoyance, his scorbunny hops forward and slips its paw into his hand.[break][break]

08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.

[break][break]

mission![break]

[newclass=".cian"]--accent:#cbb898; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1012967721866108938/icon-08.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote b, .cian blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .cian blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cian blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
let me in
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 18:47:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

After a month of coexistence, Penelope could tell when Cian was annoyed. It was as easy as telling the time. Whether it be at her, his games, or work in general, there was always a tell. Something so obviously out of place that it rang alarm bells the instant it was noticed.
[break][break]
But this was her work, not a couple's counseling session. If he wanted to voice something, it was up to him to do so., and do so quickly.
[break][break]
Only a minute after voicing her concerns, a sheet of smog rolled in, coating their soundings with a thick slab of gray.
[break][break]
"And there's the fog."
[break][break]
She sighed, but pressed forward nonetheless. There was nothing to be found standing around.
[break][break]
"According to 's map, we should be close to one of the seals we found. I just want to check it out real quick, then we can head back, okay?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
let me in
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 17:24:20 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

how could she not check in with him? like, he knows she knows, and it's only making him feel even more agitated that his partner doesn't care enough to ask him if everything's okay. yes, he should share on his own, but sometimes he wants to be asked.[break][break]

"sure."[break][break]

he agrees, too tired to question. besides, he's here to support her, so whatever she wants to do, they'll do.[break][break]

squeezing scorbunny's paw, he reaches down and picks it up, setting the fire-type on his shoulders.[break][break]

"which seal is it?"

[break][break]

mission![break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 0:35:34 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"The one behind the waterfall."
[break][break]

Otherwise known as her early tomb.
[break][break]

Just mentioning it brought a soft tremor to her fingers. If her brush against death hadn't been enough already, memories of the vision she witnessed also pooled into her mind. Disjointed puzzle pieces detailing an end to the region she'd sacrificed everything to save.
[break][break]

But, with things how they were, Penelope knew mentions of the vision would've wrung Cian worry. It was why, after her second expedition out, she had thought to keep her briefings short and on a lighter note whenever he would ask about them.
[break][break]

Only, the omission of her life had only brought out a sense of loneliness she didn't think possible with him. Surely, he noticed too.
[break][break]

"It shouldn't be too far from here."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 10:50:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

ah, so the one where she had died at. cool, cool.[break][break]

"okie."[break][break]

after a few moments of walking in silence, he finds that he absolutely hates it. yes, he's here to watch out for her but part of him wanted to have fun exploring the same way he had in the desert with @borut and others.[break][break]

"i have a question."[break][break]

he strides up to walk beside her.[break][break]

"why'd it take you so long to agree to me coming with?"

[break][break]

mission![break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 1:28:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There it was.
[break][break]
Inwardly, she cringed at its mention. At least, for the first time today, he was acting on what he wanted to say instead of playing the passive-aggressive game.
[break][break]
"I don't know," she sighed, "I just..."
[break][break]
Should she be honest with him and tell him how she truly felt about it? Or, continue to protect his feelings by burying her own. It was a hard decision to make; one that was raked with landmines.
[break][break]
"I wanted to, but our group already had four and it was just easier sticking to the same people, I guess."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 5:07:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

the first landmine is approached and stepped on when it could have easily been avoided by telling the truth. who does she think he is? he's rustoboro's gym leader. he does his fucking research.[break][break]

"but eva joined you guys eventually. did you guys have a vote or something and she won over me?"[break][break]

he'd understand that, to be honest. is the head professor so her expertise would be second to none. what does he bring to the table?[break][break]

ENVY sprouts.[break][break]

08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.

[break][break]

mission![break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 13:48:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Of course he did his research. If it were Penelope on the opposite end, she would've done the very same. It'd be easy too -- just one simple search in The League's database would tell you all you needed to know who went on what expedition and where. The only thing it doesn't tell you is why your girlfriend chose to invite instead of you. But not even Penelope felt qualified enough to answer that.
[break][break]
Face crumbling to the explosion of the first landmine, she instinctually turned away.
[break][break]
"No, we didn't vote on it," she breathed. "It just kind of happened."
[break][break]
It didn't just happened. came to the group and pushed for her involvement, regardless of what anyone thought, and they graciously agreed. She could've done the same, too. She could've pushed for Cian to join them. But she didn't.
[break][break]
Desperate, she looked to forcibably redirect the conversation. [break][break]
"Look, there's the waterfall."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 7:10:51 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

it's a disappointing answer rivaled only by how her negligence makes him feel.[break][break]

"nothing ever kind of happens."[break][break]

she let it happen. she didn't fight for him. how can he trust someone who doesn't have his back?[break][break]

would she fight for them? their future together?[break][break]

the sight of the waterfall pulls him out of the depths of his thoughts. he clings onto it like a lifeline before walking towards it with hurried steps.[break][break]

"stay close, hopps."[break][break]

his scorbunny hops down and trails beside him.

[break][break]

mission![break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 2:29:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

nothing ever kind of happens.
[break][break]
The truth to those words seared her heart wide open. Face finally crumpled to a stricken mixture of hurt and guilt, Penelope was forced to look away. To focus on the looming symbol of death that laid itself wide open for their exploration.
[break][break]
"There it is."
[break][break]
Once they've climbed inside the mouth of the cave, the rest fell into place with ease. The seal was still where it has been, unbroken and emptied, and the normal spirits which haunted the grounds were nowhere to be found.
[break][break]
"God, I fucking hate this place."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 8:27:49 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

inside the mouth of the cave, cian expects so much more than what they are met with. he narrows his eyes, looking around.[break][break]

"why are we here, penny? there's nothing here."[break][break]

practically jinxing himself, mist starts to flow into the cave they find themselves in, cold to the touch as it floats above their ankles.[break][break]

"shit. we should leave."[break][break]

his scorbunny readies itself for battle and gets into a fighting stance.

[break][break]

mission![break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 6:29:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Wait!"
[break][break]

Her voice barely raised above the beating of her own heart. Creeping into the hollowed-out seal, Penelope took a kneel, letting the soft sand inside cushion her skin from the ground as her fingers grazed the ground. There was nothing inside. Nothing to retrieve, nothing to note, nothing to even make the expedition worth the effort.
[break][break]

Her tongue clicked against the back of her teeth.
[break][break]

But there had to be something. Anything.
[break][break]

Ignorance acted as blinders against her surroundings. All she could see was the possibility of green.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
let me in
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 8:08:21 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

wait? he looks around, sensing dread creeping up the back of his spine with every passing moment. what could possibly be more important than their safety?[break][break]

"penny."[break][break]

he clicks his tongue as he lowers beside her. his hand finds her arm, attempting to tug her away.[break][break]

"what are you doing? there's nothing here! we have to go."

[break][break]

mission![break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights