snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 18:20:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]of all people, they had assigned the ex champion to accompany her? here of all places?

her expression is awkward, uncertain, uncomfortable.

she has a nagging suspicion fate is simply mocking her at this point.

and she doesn't breach the silence between them yet. her mind is too focused on their task: transport the newly awakened jirachi to a nearby league facility for additional testing. her eyes, despite this, keep flittering between him and the dimensional rift beyond.

she expects, in a small, paranoid sort of way, that her doppelganger will emerge with yet another vengeance. the thought, alone, makes her want to scream.

"i have it from here."

it's firm, as if she can shoo him away with words alone. it'd be easier, she thinks, to exist in this discomfort without him near her. and she's not sure what's worse: her paranoia or her guilt.

"you can head back to headquarters if you want."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 7:14:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noodils"]
[attr="class","body"]

unfortunately for the head professor, rustboro's is tied up with other matters which is why they had assigned him instead. who better than rustboro's previous gym leader ?[break][break]

circumstances be damned.[break][break]

"that's okay."[break][break]

he offers with a smile.[break][break]

"i'd like to see the mission through."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".noodils"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 14:42:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hides her discomfort with a forced smile, fingers almost rising to pry the corners of her lips upward.

”okay.”

it wouldn’t do either of them any good for her to dig her heels in over this.

even if she wants to… even if it’s easier to avoid him.

her body turns back toward the newly awakened jirachi and the way sleep still clings to its expression. overhead, mew floats curiously before eventually settling onto her head with a soft plop.

”it should only be a few minutes before we’re good to go.”

her voice mixing with the sound of league officials working covers the sound of approaching footsteps. they’re unaware of what’s coming.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 17:25:30 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noodils"]
[attr="class","body"]

a few minutes until they can go their separate ways once more only to run into each other again at a later date. it's unavoidable, it seems, given their positions in the league.[break][break]

it is yet another thing he has to adapt to.[break][break]

with his gallade on guard, he feels comfortable enough to let his focus drift to the legendary atop her head.[break][break]

"ah! hello there, mew."[break][break]

he smiles at it and offers it his hand.[break][break]

"i'm alexander."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".noodils b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".noodils .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 0:33:02 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]mew coos with his greeting, overly excited about the prospect of a new friend.

and as the pink mythical leans over to accept his hand with a small paw of its own, it drags her head with it.

she gasps and tilts forward, a hand flying up to keep mew from falling.

"jeez."

behind them, jirachi is observing quietly...

she has to move closer for mew to shake his hand. the close proximity is ignored on purpose, as if she refuses to dive further into discomfort.

and in the process, an explosion sounds off overhead.

she startles, knocking into alexander's shoulder.

"what the hell?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 17:12:00 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noodils"]
[attr="class","body"]

as cute of a moment as it is, it does not last long as though the universe intervenes right when it is supposed to. the EXPLOSION sounds overhead, and he quickly looks away from the mew to assess the situation.[break][break]

he meets his gallade's gaze, mind connected as he receives information.[break][break]

"there's a squad headed our way. four, maybe five total."[break][break]

in other words, they are outnumbered.[break][break]

"we have to fend them off."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 17:36:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she scowls. irritation bleeds into every expression, every movement.

"nothing's ever simple, is it?"

not in hoenn. not in this lifetime.

she releases two pokemon with a quickness. a golurk, her usual discolored companion, and a honedge. her golurk towers over them as the honedge floats its way into her hand. its torn sash wraps around her wrist to complete the connection, more weapon than pokemon in this instance.

"ready?"

there's no more time to prepare.

the first of the four, maybe five, assailants are already approaching...

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 8:42:39 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noodils"]
[attr="class","body"]

this will be his first battle since his return. almost too easily, he finds himself slipping into the role he once had. champion. protector. guardian.[break][break]

"ready as i'll ever be."[break][break]

he sighs, then calls out his doublade. their objective here is to either subdue the enemy or repel them. he's hoping to do the former.[break][break]

the four assailants make their presences known. two of them send forth their rhyperior that summon STONE EDGES that encase around illie and alex while the other two hang back.[break][break]

they fire FIRE BLASTS from afar with their magmortar.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 15:37:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]stone edge falls in unison, enclosing them into this small space.

and she doesn’t hide her disdain for entrapment. it’s written all over her face.

”hammer arm. break them apart.”

her golurk rumbles low and begins to swing its large clay arm until it’s able to break apart the stones surrounding them. with each stone crumbling to dust, she finds it a little easier to breathe.

her head whips toward alex, eyes narrowed in focus.

”can you shield?”

she has a plan… in the form of a pink pokemon and its knack for invisibility. the mew is already slinking through the shadows, phantom force about to strike the magmortar. while it’d take care of the remaining attacks, there’s still fire coming at them…

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 9:45:36 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noodils"]
[attr="class","body"]

where he expects to take the lead as he normally would have done in the past, he is caught off guard when she turns to share a plan with him. he can't help the smile that forms despite the situation.[break][break]

"we can."[break][break]

gallade's WIDE GUARD enacts, buffeting the flames back as the invisible barrier keeps them safe.[break][break]

his doublade splits apart, each sword moving to ram their IRON HEADS into the STONE EDGES, breaking them apart.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 15:12:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as wide guard rises, she lets out a sharp whistle.

and mew rises from the shadows behind the magmortars to strike them down with phantom force.

the last of the stone edge begins to fully crumble and she’s moving forward without considering much else. alex is left behind with a soft order:

”guard jirachi.”

she’ll handle this. she’s equipped to do so now. trepidation no longer holds her hostage.

the honedge in her hand hums against her skin as if it’s calling for carnage. and she might just give in, perhaps.

her movement is quick, rushed, as she approaches the assailants with her golurk in tow. and as she allows her healing mist to spread and provide a cover, she lunges low to swing her honedge at their legs. cutting them down… it’s easier than she had thought.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 15:19:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noodils"]
[attr="class","body"]

another order comes his way and it's one he heeds with ease.[break][break]

"will do."[break][break]

he positions himself in front of the cradle that holds jirachi, joined by his gallade as they fend off incoming attacks.[break][break]

his doublade follows after her, sticking close to the SHADOWS as it SNEAKS along the ground. doublade strikes down a grunt as well, using its blunt side to knock them out cold.[break][break]

a clean contrast to the bloody mess she makes.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 17:05:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]at some point, she chooses to blatantly ignore the peaceful method.

his doublade looks to knock out with her golurk and she… looks to injure.

her honedge hums louder with each slash she makes, torn sash tightening around her wrist. tighter and tighter until she’s not sure if her hand’s movements are her own anymore.

and there’s an almost blank, distant look in her eyes.

each grunt falls with a yell of pain. each slash splatters a little onto her, red and warm and disgusting. her face twists with contempt, brain reasoning this isn’t right.

it should be water, not blood.

water water water.

her golurk is quick to knock out the rest as her honedge drops unceremoniously from her hand.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:16:30 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noodils"]
[attr="class","body"]

by the time alexander realizes the extent of her spiral, it's too late to do anything but react to the bloodied bodies on the ground.[break][break]

"illie—"[break][break]

sensing his trainer's urgency, gallade TELEPORTS and kicks her honedge further away before conjuring a wave of LIFE DEW that washes over the bodies.[break][break]

alexander moves past her, rushing to tend to their wounds and assess the severity of the situation. blood seeps into the pants as he kneels down beside them.[break][break]

he is silent.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
wishmaker
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:22:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]silence falls.

and with it, so too does her sword.

she doesn't look at him, at the bodies beside him. there is no need.

a faint healing mist begins to pool around them, thick and heavy like guilt building in the stomach.

she turns away, then, and the scar on her back surveys the aftermath of a lapse in judgement, of a delusional thought bred into reality.

and she swears scar tissue is laughing at her now.

no words come out... only the sound of her heels as she leaves it behind.