part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 23:15:11 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Hoenn disbanded. Kanto continued as normal." he stated. "You said you came here 2 years ago." he said, explaining at the confusion he heard. He looks her as she struggled with something. Her eyes grew hazy and he can recognize that sort of state. [break][break]

"Hey." he began, reaching to carefully put a hand over her head. "Stay here." he murmured, watching the girl and frowning. The things she's saying sound too specific. The flow of memory muddled with what sounded lie ka dream- or, considering the pain it seemed to bring her, a nightmare. [break][break]

"I think you should see one." he said, watching her eyes go wild at the thought. He doesn't get it. "Why do they scare you?" he asked. Her aversion to them, her strange pain- she needed help. No child went through what she had and was fine.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 23:48:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]it's been a while
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]since i've heard your voice
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Is it all just a dream? What part of what she remembers is real, and what part of it is just her brain trying to fill in for something that's missing? Crimson eyes flit up to meet a cobalt gaze, their focus far beyond him for the briefest of moments before slowly being reeled back in. An anchor against the pull of a riptide of memories, the words he speaks must be taken in, ruminated on before she can spit out an answer.[break][break]

"Yeah... 2 years. Someone took me onto a boat, and we ended up in Hoenn together."[break][break]

What had they told her then? She can barely remember their face, nor what their voice had sounded like. And how can she even begin to remember when Paxton presses his question?[break][break]

"I don't know. I don- I..."[break][break]

White washed walls. Incessant beeping. Dark red floors. Bright flashing lights. Stinging pain.[break]

All those eyes. Constantly watching.
[break][break]

She tries to shrink back, but she can't get far with Paxton still holding her shoulder. And Reiner will grow restless, pawing and trying to call out to her as she shakes.[break][break]

"I don't wanna go."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/aI8Riw8.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/XRU7UWf.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 23:14:27 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He frowned at her explanation. The details are muddled, and he wondered if with the help of a psychic pokemon they may be able to unblock her memory issues. But he wouldn't force that opinion on her. "Rocket wasn't known to take in children, Eris." he said, his words careful as he stare at a specific spot on the wall to avoid the images of carnage he'd had to march past and ignore. "So you arriving here, while still in custody-" he glances around the house. "Is a blessing in it of itself. But it still wasn't the best for you. I wish I'd found you sooner." He's not sure what Rocket has done to her, and he's not sure how to fix it either. [break][break]

But right now- as they were- he couldn't even he tried. Eris was stuck in limbo as a miniature terrorist, residing with a real one they couldn't kill. Even if it were easier if they did, he didn't think he'd want her exposed to it. [break][break]

And, from what he'd read, there was a chance she'd developed an attachment. Stockholm comes to mind, which isn't uncommon with kidnappers but- well was she kidnapped still? He tabled the thought for later. [break][break]

He lets go, feeling a tug away from him, but his frown only deepens into a grimace. Mirroring. Amnesia. Aversion. It all sounds familiar to him. "Why not?" He doesn't want to make her go, but that was the help she clearly needed. He could file a motion for her now that she was in protective custody. He doubted they'd deny her. She's just a kid after all. "I could go with you, if you'd like." he said before adding more softly. "Or, you can sit in on one of my sessions."

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 1:34:41 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"They were real!"[break][break]

They had to be. There was no faking the warmth she had felt, nor the long talks they had about a world she'd never gotten to see. They were as real as the scars cutting into her small figure, and she -[break][break]

"I jus-" Her voice falls to a whisper, which then bleeds into a drawn out silence. She's thinking, considering the options he lays out before her. It's clear that he's trying to offer her help, and if he says it might help, why shouldn't she trust him?[break][break]

Trust him like all the others who had hurt her before?[break][break]

"You can't leave... I don't wanna be alone with them."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/aI8Riw8.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/XRU7UWf.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 23:49:10 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"I never said they weren't." he said back, voice level as he watched the girl going back and forth between this reality and another, more terrifying one. He doesn't press her, letting her have all the time she needed to speak. It couldn't be easy. He remembered his own struggle to put the sentences together with his own therapist. [break][break]

But he can't help her like that. He's not trained. He's doing his own mending and healing. She needed real help. Not the bullshit band aid solution family could offer. [break][break]

"I didn't say I was." he said. Eris is upset. He doesn't even think she's talking to him anymore. "Who is them?"

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 1:48:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He accepts what she has to say with composure, takes her churning tides of anger and tames it back into a quiet sea. Somehow, he's able to hold her down, to deliver her such simple ideas that she's able to take a step back and realise that she needs to try and get things under control.[break][break]

A deep inhale, a silence that falls over them both, then a long drawn exhale. Her focus is sprinkled over Reiner, a brief gaze exchanged between the duo and a soft growl rumbling from the Luxray's throat.[break][break]

"The therapist... I- if I go, I don't wanna be alone with them."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 2:01:58 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He lets her have her moment. Lets her process without interruption, watching and gaging the damage. He finds himself bending down, carefully looking away from her eyes and his hands travel to hers to hold them, look them over, measure how much they've changed and grown. She's so big, so scarred. His palms are soft, barely calloused and free of childhood pocks and marks. [break][break]

Eris tries to calm herself. He hums as he continues to study her. There's a pause as he frowns at her. "I suppose...family therapy is an option as well." he said wit ha small nod. "I don't mind." he added, small smile still calm as ever despite the whiplash of grief and hate from before. [break][break]

"I'll make the arrangements. Submit a report for special permissions to take you out and escort you back." He added. "How's...mmm..." he trialed off thinking it over. Eris was combative enough. "Once a week for now? We can make a day out of it."

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 2:16:54 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]To hold his hands once more, she's quiet for a moment as she compares the marks and blemishes left.[break][break]

"What happened to your scar?"[break][break]

The one he'd gotten from wrestling a wild pokemon, or climbing a tree, or even bumping into hot pans all while trying to prevent her from getting hurt. When they'd been younger, she had been sporting less scars than he did with how much he did for her. But to sit on the other end of the table and see it?[break][break]

The unease that had taken root in her heart suddenly begins to rear its ugly head.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 2:30:23 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"It's gone." Paxton explained softly. The smile stays, but it doesn't meet his eyes. He touches his throat, fair, tight skin replacing what should've been a fatal end. [break][break]

"I was at Mt. Pyre during Meteno." he began. "I don't...think I ever got to tell you...but after I joined up I sort of...well, skills like that never leave you." They mark you, forever changing your very core. One doesn't come out of taking a life the very same after. And he had been that dry shoulder to cry on for so many others for the very same reason. [break][break]

"During the liberation of Palkia, it freaked out. It killed a lot of people." There's a pause. A flash of his own corpse, the border, their parents. A peaceful sleep he will never, ever know until the day he dies again. A rest that will never be his again, until his soul is ready to leave this plane. He doesn't tell her the relief unimaginable relief he'd felt in death. He doesn't tell her how he'd looked for her amongst their family. [break][break]

The shriek of his partner brought him back, seemingly. Except its this form. Not quite the same but also not too different. "It killed me. And then I got better. But, it's all gone. My scars, my tattoos, piercings. My joints are fresh, my bones are pristine. Stress fractures all gone, fatigue gone." the medical examination had produced no extraordinary results other than the report of his body's reset. It still made him itch. Still made him pace and punch and bite and claw. He's not felt quite right in his own skin for months now. But he can suppress it at least. [break][break]

His smile is wry. "I'm workin' on it in therapy."

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 3:54:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]So he had died once.[break][break]

"Did it hurt?"[break][break]

Like a start to a horrible pickup line, there's no mistaking how serious she is in that moment.[break][break]

"Did you... see them?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 3:00:09 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"I don't remember if I died from shock or pain." he replied, unsure if that could explain the immeasurable agony he had suffered through. Even now he didn't remember, that memory dying with his old brain. But he felt wisps of it in his dreams. [break][break]

His smiles widens, no longer calm and placating. No longer a place holder expression. He smiles at her, sad and genuine. "Yeah." he voice drops, struggling to stay level despite the rumble of emotion that gripped at his throat and squeezed his heart. "I saw them for a moment." he said. The surprise of the moment leaving him all but speechless, even as a soul wisp. But he could see their faces clearly as they tries, for a second, to cradle his soul in their arms before something pulled him back. [break][break]

And he woke up gasping for air underneath his Magnezone. [break][break]

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 3:23:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He saw them... he saw them there.[break][break]

"Why?" Her voice cracks, but she can't bring herself to pull out a smile. "Why do you get to see them? Why haven't I been able to...?"[break][break]

Why haven't they come to see her despite all the trips she's made into the Border? Why have they never shown themselves to her whenever she crept close to death's door? Her lips grow taut, skin threatening to break under the force of her bite.[break][break]

"It's not fair."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 23:18:58 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Eris nearly crumples, but somehow managed to stay standing. But he felt it squeeze his heart all the same. "Eris," he began trying to offer her relief. "I had to die to see them again." he emphasized. "They're at the end of the road." he added. [break][break]

He looks back down at her hands, squeezing them in his, hoping the gentle pressure would help ground her. "It's not a path we can take." he added. That memory of himself in his parent's embrace would haunt him until it became a reality in death. But that wouldn't be for a very long time.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 2:08:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]YOU SHOULD'VE DIED WITH YOUR PARENTS—[break][break]

That scream can never be silenced, no matter how hard she tries. But Paxton here, trying to tell her otherwise? She reaches out, throwing herself at him as she pulls him into a hug. After all this time that they'd spent apart... If that rift hadn't opened up, if he had followed the road till the end, what would become of her?[break][break]

"Don't die again... don't leave me behind again."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
reconnect || c
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 2:11:44 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He can't tell what she's thinking, only that she's raw, upset. Like an infected wound that refused to heal. Maybe they could pit it apart in therapy. Maybe talking to someone would make her feel better. It had worked for him. And its not like Rocket had done a good job in taking care of her.
[break][break]

She smacks into him and the movement is automatic. Her hands easily slide of his as she grabs at him. His arms wrap around her shoulders protectively, keeping her close to him. It's only the second time they've embraced-
[break][break]

It's only the second time he's seen her in months since he found her again.
[break][break]

It still hurts. The worry doesn't go away. The fear doesn't go away. The bitterness doesn't. fucking. go. away.
[break][break]

But she's here. Finally. In this quiet. She's here with Reiner. And isn't that a miracle? Isn't that what he had worked for for years?
[break][break]

His only purpose? He could die now- technically. He'd finished his bucket list. But where would that leave Eris, really? She's volatile, hurt. He wants to do a better job raising her before he leaves. He just wanted to pretend like time hasn't passed when it has. And it's something the universe would never let him forget.
[break][break]

"I won't...not for a long time, Eris."

[break][break]

+ [break][break]