he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 22:51:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo merely shrugged at her warning. "If spirits are going around and doing that, I can bring my Spectrier with me to keep them put. It's good at dealing with spirits." Or so he heard - he'd yet to actually use one for that purpose.

Though the mention of dampened his desire to go there - slightly. "...to be honest, that's kinda part of why I wasn't gonna go to the Border first. I'm scared I might find someone I know there. Or some of my Pokemon…"

He'd been trying to come to terms with their losses, but they always found a way to reach his heart. He wouldn't know how he'd react if he met them in an afterlife, and he didn't want to find out.

Eris's assurances didn't do much to fix that.

But maybe talking more about the Mechanical Kingdom would. It would at least get his mind off it.

"To be honest, Volcanion seemed a lot more focused on fixing up those Soul Hearts. Maybe it just didn't have the chance to find a Magearna to try it on. It was pure chance that I befriended one on the way there." He laid back on the couch, relaxing his body. "If we get any more Magearna with us, we can bring them to Volcanion, but I have no idea how to pick out the one it's looking for from the hordes. I don't think Volcanion could either."

Probably why it's focused more on the Soul Hearts. "And I'm still focused more on finding Azelf."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 21:53:28 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Spectrier... She almost lets her imagination wander, until she sees how Hideo's expression falls.[break][break]

Nice going, Eris. Really dampened the mood.

A change of topic is right. So she lets him list off his thoughts, his ideas, his worries, only attempting to put any words together when he's done.[break][break]

"What do you think will happen when we find Azelf?" Her palms press together until the curves fit snugly into the space, her eyes corralled to the web patterns that spreads from underneath. "Do you think there's a way to fix their gems? I thought about something as powerful as Jirachi but... it would probably be impossible to meet them."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 23:18:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Focusing his attention on his own adventures did help Hideo get his mind off his own anxieties regarding the Border. He'd check it out at some point, but there was still that fear of having to confront his losses and failures yet again.

"I, uh…" He paused, putting a hand to his chin. "...I actually didn't think about what to do if we find Azelf. Seems like it's something we should do, since it's part of the Lake Trio with Mesprit and Uxie. I guess we make sure it's safe and sound?"

The absence of their gems hadn't been something he'd paid much mind to. Uxie had seemed fine enough without it. "Maybe reuniting them will tell us how to fix the gems?" He could only offer a shrug with his own suggestion - he was spitballing it at this point.

It was the best he could do, with how vague everything about the Lake Trio had been, even now that they were directly cooperating with the two.

"I guess wishing for it is another option…but who knows when Jirachi will wake up again."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 13:43:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Maybe...I just don't wanna get one of those headaches again. That really sucked."[break][break]

There's too many things they don't know and probably won't ever know unless Mesprit and Uxie deem it the right time to say something. But one thing that she can be sure of is that something's been pulled out of the oven.[break][break]

Clapping her hands together, she hops onto her feet and whistles for Reiner to come along, leaving Hideo with an airy "I'll be right back!". And with a few loud squeaks, a whole bunch of things clattering within cupboards and a soft conversation to 'be careful not to burn her hands', she finally returns with a tray of cookies and some milk.[break][break]

"Pa made some white choc macadamia cookies!! Want one?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 22:52:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Yeeeeeah, those headaches sucked. Only got to feel it once, but it felt like my head was gonna explode." Not a pleasant feeling, and one he was glad he could barely remember.

Even if the circumstances for why he barely remembered weren't pleasant.

As Eris went off to get something, Hideo recalled his Magearna, his show-and-tell done. He could feel Uxie float onto his head, finished with its gummy treats. "You are gonna tell us how to help you at some point, right?" Hideo asked, reaching up to pat Uxie on the head.

The answer he received was a playful pat on the cheek by one of Uxie's tails. Just another of its constant non-answers. Hideo could only brush away the tail as Uxie giggled.

Though his attention was taken by the offer (and scent) of fresh cookies. As was Uxie's attention. As was his Beheeyem's attention, who floated just high enough so that its eyes were poking from behind the couch. "Heck yeah I do!" he exclaimed, before receiving a Telepathic notice from his Beheeyem. "...I mean we do!"

His Beheeyem and Uxie nodded in sync.

"There's enough for all of us, right?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 5:02:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's comforting to know she's not the only one who's experienced that cursed sensation, even if he's a little more blank on what happened than she is. Not being able to talk to others about it would most definitely eat at her from the inside - Even if she tried explaining it to or , she isn't quite sure that she'd feel the same amount of comfort that she does with Hideo.[break][break]

"Yeah we d-"[break][break]

Her eyes widen as she watches a hand stick out from under the Mimikyu's guise, grabbing one cookie then promptly grabbing another with a loud chomp.[break][break]

"Not if Mesprit and Uxie inhale them first. Might wanna hurry."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 23:28:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
No sooner did the "Mimikyu" grab a couple cookies, did Uxie float over, lifting up a couple cookies with psychic energy - delivering them straight into its mouth, one at a time.

Another pair of cookies were psychically lifted up - this time, floating towards the Beheeyem with an outstretched arm. One cookie floated into Hideo's hand, the boy taking a big bite out of it. The other cookie floated in front of the Beheeyem, only floating towards its face once the Beheeyem made sure Hideo was enjoying his own - which he was.

"Sho good!" Hideo exclaimed, swallowing what was in his mouth. "I haven't had a homemade cookie right out of the oven in a long time!" Best he could get was stuff from a bakery, and that wasn't nearly this warm or gooey.

"I'm almost kind of jealous. You can make stuff like this whenever you want! I don't always got access to an oven to use." They only had so much at their treehouse, and he didn't tend to stick around 's house long enough to make cookies.

And he feared what would happen if Melody tried to make any.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 7:23:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"You can come over whenever! And you can use our kitchen!" Her smile mirrors his own, though she's a little more reserved in her bites. "If you want, I'm pretty sure there's another batch on the way. You could probably snag a few back to your new hideout."[break][break]

Whilst she's still in the midst of finishing her sentence, her little Mimikyu reaches over to snatch yet another cookie. And it doesn't seem to flinch away despite the rather judging look she gives.[break][break]

"Oh, right! You can probably also stay over for dinner if you'd like! I don't think pa will mind!"[break][break]

With how used she is to every faucet of her strange life, she never once stops to consider the fact that having dinner with a rather well-known Rocket might not sit well with others. But at the very same time, she knows that Chu-e had gotten along with Hideo at some point. Do things really change that quickly in the mind of someone who only perceives as much as he's given?

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 23:42:47 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Maybe I'll take you up on that offer sometime!" Hideo exclaimed. "If I get the time, I could pop in every now and then!...though I'll let you know ahead of time, at least." Another place he'd be splitting his time at, but at least he wasn't getting told that he had to stay overnight.

He already had one person making him stay at his house overnight.

And how could he say no to dinner? "'Course I'll stick around for dinner! Been a while since I got to eat dinner with other people." Most meals were just with his Pokemon. He'd occasionally share breakfast with when she was awake, but that was it.

Thinking about it…had he shared dinner with anyone since he'd left home? Two years now, and he'd made his own dinner, or bought them. He could still recall the dinners he had at home, made by his mother or his father - or even one of his siblings when his parents were out - and all the little conversations they had mid-meal. He couldn't talk with his Pokemon like he did with his family.

Hideo slumped slightly on the couch, head perched on his hands, the smile on his face fading somewhat. He wouldn't mind doing that again - eating with a family. Even if it weren't his own family.

He didn't even think about snagging more cookies, Uxie taking a chance to get some more for itself.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 21:55:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Of course, her time with Mesprit has taught her to be a little more perceptive when it comes to reading someone's emotions, but surely she doesn't need that much practice to tell that Hideo isn't quite feeling right. The only question is why? If she prods around her mind for a bit, the only logical conclusion she can come up with is homesickness.[break][break]

"It's a bit lonely, isn't it?"[break][break]

She knows that he's trying to take his time away from them for reasons, that they might keep him away from all the adventures he could be having if they found out what kind of troubles he's been involved in. But even though she knows they do it out of love, out of a wish to protect him, another part of her actually prays that no one will ever take away her treasured adventure buddy.[break][break]

Her Mimikyu's gaze snaps over to her (so fast that she almost questions how the neck hasn't broken), another cookie swiftly pulled under its little disguise.[break][break]

"We're... not exactly your family, or the best kind of family and all but if you ever feel lonely, you can come over for food?" She presses the tips of her fingers together, watching how it goes pale on release before quickly flooding with red. Like the flow of blood through her body, her thoughts circulate without an end in sight. "Or iunno, just to talk and all? You can come over to take a nap, or play games. I'm sure pa has tons to say if you're interested in discussing something? Throw him a bad joke or something?"[break][break]

What would she want to be told in such a situation? She dips into the shallow waters if only to hope to graze the surface of what Hideo feels.[break][break]

"Whatever it is, you don't gotta be alone for stuff when ya don't wanna. It'll eat at you, over time."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 0:21:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo's melancholy thinking was interrupted by Eris bringing up exactly what he'd thought. Uxie nodded as it munched on some cookies agreeing with her assessments - both spoken and unspoken.

He could feel the bulky hand of his Beheeyem patting him on the back. Even Elga could see it.

"I…guess," Hideo answered, shrugging. "I'm glad I have the freedom I got, but there's stuff I miss. Like someone doing my laundry for me."

A small joke, to try and deflect off thinking about everything he didn't have now. He never had to worry about having enough food, or if it was safe to sleep at night. Or worry about what to do if he or his Pokemon didn't feel well. He'd managed to iron out most of those uncertainties when he first started, but there was a lot he had to consider.

The offer that came after was a familiar one: a home to visit when he wanted, even throwing in food, the ultimate temptation. And this wasn't one that forced him to stay overnight. "...well, I can't say no to an offer like that. I'll try not to just get one of my Pokemon to teleport me inside out of nowhere." He had at least that much decency. "I'll try to drop you a text before I come in. Or maybe your pa. Maybe I'll even give him the jokes when I ask to come in."

He did want to talk to about a lot. Some of which might have been better if Eris wasn't around to hear.

"I do want to talk about stuff, but it's hard to find time with everything going on in Hoenn." There was a lot he wanted to talk about with people, but sharing too much with would worry him, and he hadn't known where was since he'd left for Galar. was already worried enough for him as is.

In a sense, that just left Eris as the closest person he could talk freely with. "I wouldn't mind talking with you. About stuff."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 0:53:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Eh, drop your laundry here anytime. Pretty sure pa won't mind and all." His joke is met with an actual response. Such is the way of Eris who's trying her best to make him feel like he can think of this place as a safe house, despite the kind of people that remain under its roof. And though he might not say everything, she has a feeling that Hideo has more than just idle conversation topics to share with .[break][break]

Not her place to pry though.[break][break]

"Talk to me about whatever then." The floor is open, for all his good memories, worries and future thoughts. She has the whole worry of an unfulfilled prophecy in her head but she's not going to ruin this space. "You've probably grown sick of hearing my stuff really."[break][break]

It's rarely sunshine and rainbows with her, but she's been trying to make up for it by sending him occasional adventure logs and fascinating discoveries over the days. "Like uhm... uh..."[break][break]

Actually, what kind of topics did other kids tend to talk about?

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
housewarming || c
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 23:12:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"You know I won't not take that offer!" Hideo said with a grin. "Waiting for it to dry is the worst part. 'Specially when my sweaters can hold so much water in them. My Pokemon try to help, but I've lost more than one sweater to that. Not even just because they get burned."

There was a brief rush of joy through Hideo, being able to discuss this kind of stuff without harsh judgement. His parents would've used that as proof that he'd get himself burned if he were out alone, and would probably force him to do all his laundry at her place if she caught wind of it.

…did she even have a washing machine?

Once Eris offered the floor to him, Hideo took a moment to think. He was well aware there was probably a lot more to what Eris was up to, but getting that from her wasn't going to be easy.

One step at a time. He could talk about himself a bit.

Well dang, how long had it been since he had a casual conversation with someone around his own age?

"Well, I guess I'm planning to go from Minor League to a full-on Gym Leader." Definitely something fun to talk about. "My Minor League stuff's been going pretty well! Already had someone for the traditional and the non-traditional, and both liked it a lot. I just gotta find a way to get approved for becoming a Gym Leader."

There was a brief pause, the grin on his face diminishing.

"Which means getting a signature from my parents."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
housewarming || c
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 0:38:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Here comes a thought, a rather intrusive one actually. Just how many of Hideo's sweaters are striped? Why hasn't she seen him in anything other than striped clothes? For a brief moment, she squints at the boy, lost in thought even as he rambles on about his laundry matters. And as she does so, Reiner and Mesprit seem to share a look, questioning in nature and extended to the smartest cookie in the room: Uxie.[break][break]

But that thought doesn't last long in the face of a new, far more interesting proposal.[break][break]

"Gym leader? Really??" She had run her hand at it, found it terribly fun. But as the days went by, as the League began to monitor her actions more closer, she'd been entrusting the operations to her partners in crime...[break][break]

"We can forge it!" How confident she is in suggesting such things, even Mesprit seems to trill and clap in agreement whilst Reiner simply sighs. Then she takes a moment to consider her own words, leaning back into her own seat as she quirks her lips. "Buuut... you're not really the kind of person to do that."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
housewarming || c
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 1:06:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Uxie was deep into another cookie before noticing several sets of eyes on them. It took a moment to realize the object of their focus - Hideo and his sweaters. Uxie swallowed down the cookie as if to speak, yet answered the two Pokemon telepathically.

Hideo's other Pokemon made sure he wore stripes.

Hideo nodded, glad to hear Eris's exuberance. "Been something I was thinking of for a while. Minor League's been a testing ground, and now that I'm glad with how things went, I think I can go Major League." It'd give him a lot more room to work with, for one. And get a lot more people coming in to try it.

Yet actually getting there wasn't going to be easy.

"Well, I did consider trying that…" For obvious reasons, his handwriting wouldn't be able to match his parents'. And then there was the more glaring problem. "...but the second they find out who the newest Gym Leader is, they're gonna know that I did that. Last thing I want is to get banned from becoming a Gym Leader."

On top of all the other issues involving his parents finding him. "Only solution I've got is to actually convince them to sign stuff, but that's about as likely as Arceus coming down and giving it to me."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights