awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
preliminary
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 3:29:03 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
reports don't often come in at high alert to oldale. at least, that's not how it used to be. at least, that's what she's gathered after hanging out with some of the other rangers at her station (most of whom are old and call her 'honey' and 'kiddo,' which she hates). so when the call comes down from hq that there's an unusual energy spike so close to home, she's the first on her feet. 

and the rest of her station are just fine with that. 

the going is quick; the wind whips through her hair as kirin prances down the well-worn pathways surrounding oldale. they ride through nostalgic trails, cutting through the woods like she used to do when she was a kid. 

if only she thought to slow as they neared the terastal point. then maybe she wouldn't have nearly run over her superior who also answered the call. 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
preliminary
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 2:32:10 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greysonbase"]
[attr="class","greyson1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","greysonimg"]

[attr="class","greyson2"]
[break][break]
a near-death experience bugles her rapid approach. catching himself on his back foot, eyes wide in trepidation, he stumbles half-a-dozen feet backwards to catch his back on the rough bark of an old oak.
[break][break]
"what the-"
[break][break]
expecting trouble, his gaze flicks with a trained intensity after the fleeting pokemon. a nearby pokemon, one wielding a massive hammer, tenses to spring but a moment of recollection urges him to raise his hand in warning to the fairy and steel-type.
[break][break]
"saskia," the brevity of his tone unquestionable, "the hell are you thinking speeding through here like that?"
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","greyson3"]
[attr="class","greysonpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.greysonbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#7c98b2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
preliminary
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 5:13:36 GMT
kirin is also too carefree to notice the man she nearly crashes into, but as soon as she's passed him and realizes there's someone nearby, she pauses. saskia is not prepared for the sudden stop and harumphs as she hits the wyrdeer's thick neck, teeth clacking. 

"wha - oh!" she recognizes that voice. 

suddenly giddy, she clicks her tongue and urges kirin back towards him. and it is greyson. that crop of stark black hair, bright eyes, all too familiar, has her scrambling off of kirin's back so she can launch herself at him to pull him into a big bear hug. 

"greyson! aw, i'm so happy to see you."
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
preliminary
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 2:10:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]
it's only due course that she ignore his perfectly valid question in-favor of a bone squeezing embrace. he sucks in an involuntary breathe, grunting against her sudden pressure, and responds with a slightly uncomfortable pat on her back.
[break][break]
"it's uh, good to see you too saski."
[break][break]
she might not be able to see it, but he gives a lopsided grin.
[break][break]
"what are you doing out here?"
[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.greysonbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greysonimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.greyson3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
preliminary
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 3:45:36 GMT
the awkward pat is just as good as any other. if saskia's uncomfortable - which she's not - she certainly doesn't show it. she just lets him go and beams brightly up at him. kirin nickers, ears perking with her head on the swivel. she takes a step back and tenses. 

"oh, right. we were answering a call from the ranger station. i'm out in oldale now! chat while we walk?

"wait, were you answering the call too?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
preliminary
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 21:45:36 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]
greyson nods to her question, then flicks his head up towards the massive hammer wielding fairy. tinkaton is all too happy to get moving finally, and as if to celebrate, teeters a great oak with a casual swing.
[break][break]
greyson's glare is sharp, but unheeded, the dual-type skipping along the trail, hammer trailing by a groove in the earth.
[break][break]
"i was yeah. details seemed vague, so i figure i could introduce some training." he nudges his head in the direction of his tinkaton. "you're responding too?"[break][break]

[break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
preliminary
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 17:17:00 GMT
her sense of awareness is next to nothing. kirin had, of course, sensed the sprite's presence, but saskia really only now just takes it in. the quaking of the oak tree it casually hammers into makes her jaw drop. 

greyson's come a long way since she last saw him. it does kind of make her feel better about her own struggles with maugrim though, seeing something as strong as greyson's tinkaton need training

"yeah...my first unofficial mission here i guess...does she listen to you?"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
preliminary
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 2:24:29 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","greyson2"]tinkaton's trot speaks to her swelling confidence. if that didn't, then the flock of fleeing flying-type pokemon - spooked from the oak's sudden toppling - would have.

[break][break]
at least she thought so.

[break][break]
half-listening, half-scowling at the parading fairy-type, he nods slightly to saskia's question.

[break][break]
"she does - for the most part. i wouldn't worry about it. this isn't my first rodeo."

[break][break]
he tosses a glance to the skittish reindeer.

[break][break]
"she good?"

[break][break]

[break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
preliminary
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 16:36:09 GMT
oh, of course it isn't. he's only a couple of years older than her, but their lives couldn't have been more different. he's grown up since they last saw each other. he was a gym leader, he is one of the most powerful pokemon trainers in the region. and here she is, proud her stantler has finally evolved and still struggling to get control over her traumatized mutt of a lycanroc. 

her shoulders sag just a little bit and when he asks her if kirin is okay, she gets just a teensy bit too defensive. 

"of course she is," she says with a frown and beckons her closer. "she remembers you!" she trots closer and snuffs a little bit at greyson.

he hasn't met maugrim though. she touches the ball at her hip. part of growing is asking for help when you need it.

"maybe you can give me some pointers though? i've been working with my lycanroc for a while, but he's, er, stubborn."

an understatement.
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
preliminary
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 1:46:11 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","greyson"]
greyson holds our his hands for the reindeer to get accustomed to him once more. tinkaton moves to approach as well, but greyson shakes his head at the small hammer weilding demon.
[Break][break]
"your lycanroc? he keeps his hand extended, frown forming.
[Break][break]
"what do you mean by 'stubborn'?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".greyson"] --accent:#7c98b2; [/newclass]

[newclass=".greyson"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .greyson blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .greyson blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".greyson .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
preliminary
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 23:14:36 GMT
as off-putting as the tinkaton is, kirin puts on her bravest face and doesn't even skitter a little bit when it comes near. okay, her back left hoof lifts up a smidge, but that's it! saskia chuckles at her pokemon's visible restraint, but that chuckle dies when greyson probes further. 

"ummm, he's kinda mean. and he doesn't listen. i mean, sometimes he listens, but only when he wants to, i think."

in short, he absolutely does not respect her, but she won't say that out loud. 
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
preliminary
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 18:14:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]"hmm." greyson knew the long-running 'pack' theory was a fluke, but he nearly makes the association out of instinct.
[break][break]
instead, he ponders the question for a bit as they walk.
[break][break]
"well, no two pokemon are the same — what works for one canine doesn't mean it'd work for another." but, he suspected she knew that already.[break][break]

"what have you tried thus far?"[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
preliminary
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 22:58:35 GMT
what has she tried? more like what hasn't she tried? "let's see...whistles and clickers and leads and positive reinforcement. this one guy tried to tell me i should try out a shock collar, but that seemed cruel and anyway, his pelt's made of rocks so it's not like it would even work.

"he doesn't like kirin very much because she can just put him to sleep when he's being especially bad."
 she taps her chin. "i could let him out if the tera crystal doesn't turn out to be too big a job!"
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
preliminary
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 1:59:26 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]greyson nods as he listens, then shrugs alongside her finish.
[break][break]
"i don't see why not. every pokemon is different, and it could be this one's just trying to usurp your authority. alternatively, the lycanroc could just be trying to have you prove your worth? i dunno. speculation on my part."
[break][break]
his eyes turn to fall back on the tinkaton, who surprisingly, had stopped moving ahead of them. the clearing, small enough to maybe fit two vans side-by-side, was glowing an ethereal blow beneath the shade of the tree's canopy's.
[break][break]
"think we found what we're looking for."[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
178 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
preliminary
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 22:20:31 GMT
she frowns at that. honestly, she wouldn't put it past maugrim to be doing exactly that. sometimes she swears the dog is laughing at her. but that's silly. dogs can't laugh. 

kirin's nostrils flare as they near the site. she stamps her front foot down and glowers down at the shard jutting out from the ground. but she quiets when sasky puts a hand up to her cheek. she thumbs circles on her ear and she settles, though she still looks uneasy. 

saskia coos softly and, ever curious, lopes right up to it and squats down. she pokes it with a finger. "it's kinda warm. these are the things that are causing so much trouble?"