gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
You will die with a kiss on your lips and a lie in your heart.
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 23:06:42 GMT
Nikolaj Volosenkov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikolaj1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Three months.[break][break]

Three months ago, Nikolaj had learned that an old friend of his had died. James Gallagher had not been the best of men, but neither had Nikolaj back in his youth. Both of them had stained their hands with the blood of innocents, for the glory of Team Rocket.[break][break]

Of the two, only James had lived by the truth these past twenty-odd years. And now he was dead.[break][break]

That wasn't the only news Nikolaj had received from his father three months ago. Evgeni Volosenkov had revealed that James' son was in Hoenn, too. Though Evgeni could not remember all the details, he'd given Nikolaj an address in Petalburg City. Supposedly, Felix lived there now.[break][break]

At first, Nikolaj refused to do anything with the information. He had no interest in returning to Sinnoh to pay respects to a dead friend, and he certainly wasn't going to show up at a stranger's door to offer condolences. James and Felix were relics of Nikolaj's past. Phantoms that deserved to stay dead.[break][break]

But the holidays came and went. Nikolaj remembered Felix as a boy barely out of his toddler years and wondered what kind of man he'd grown up to become. As the months passed, Nikolaj felt more and more compelled to visit the address, to check in on James' son and make sure he was well. That was what Nikolaj would want a friend to do for his own daughter if he was dead.[break][break]

And so he made his way to the house in Petalburg City. He wondered if the right man would answer the door; he hoped the address was wrong.[break][break]

Ghosts belonged in the past.[break][break]

He knocked on the door.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Putting on a Front

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]--accent:#6C8FE5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 18:07:40 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The Gallagher residence was emptied most days. Between 's extra-curriculum to Felix's tight schedule managing both ANVIL's and Rocket's affairs, there were little hours the two spent sleeping beneath the old wooden roof of the apartment.

Today was different in that way.

August had been assigned a decently large end-of-the-year type project, and with his older brother being as dedicated as he was, he took off an early day to spend some time helping out. They were in the living room, sucking on Caprisun pouches, taking a break after long tedious hours at work, when a knock sounds on the door.

"I'll get it," he told his brother. Kicking off from the couch, Felix took long heavy steps toward the door before twisting it's knob open. On the other side was a man.

"Can I help you?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 19:14:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

When the door opened, Nikolaj couldn't help but suck in a breath. If he hadn't received word that James had died, he'd have believed his friend to be standing on the other side of the threshold, still as young as he'd looked when Nikolaj left Sinnoh. That was how eerily similar the stranger appeared to his late friend.[break][break]

"Are you Felix?" Nikolaj asked, glancing down at the piece of paper in his hand as if it would confirm the identity of the young man in front of him. "Felix Gallagher?"[break][break]

But there was no mistaking it. The longer Nikolaj stared at the ghost in front of him, the more he could see the differences. The black-haired man in the doorway was not a clone of James but his son in truth.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 7:17:16 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
His name is spun back to him, foreign on another man's tongue. It drew out a level of caution that straightened out his back, forcing his broad shoulders hunched in guarded preparedness.

His hand left the knob of the door, choosing to hover by his hip instead, where not only his pokeballs were kept, but the hilt of his pistole.

"Who are you?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 15:48:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The tension in the other man's posture spoke volumes. Nikolaj was an unknown outsider and a potential threat. Though he hadn't fought — let alone killed — another person in decades, his fighter's instincts were so ingrained into his body that he shifted in response. He put his weight on his back foot, ready to defend or flee.[break][break]

But it would be better if he could diffuse the situation instead.[break][break]

"My name is Nikolaj, but you might remember me as Kolya," he replied. "I was a friend of your father, before…" He paused, then dropped that train of thought. He continued with, "I heard what happened. I'm sorry."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 5:02:13 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
One would think, after revealing themselves to be their late father's close friend, the child of said father would immediately be ready to accept the other into their home, arms wide open.

One would think.

Felix, on the other hand, reacted in stark contrast to this expectation.

It started when his blood ran cold and his body grew rigid. Arms moving into a cross over his chest, he squared his shoulders, taking up more space than he naturally should.

"It's fine, but thank you,"
He assured the stranger, jaw set tight. "Is that all?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 19:06:26 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nikolaj frowned. Felix — if he was indeed , as he hadn't confirmed or denied it either way — was not reacting the way a grieving son should. It didn't matter that some months had passed since James' funeral. No, the hostility indicated something else entirely.[break][break]

Perhaps Nikolaj had already outstayed his welcome.[break][break]

"I just wanted to check in on you and see how you're doing. I know I'd want a friend to do that for my daughter if I was the one who'd died," he said anyway, stubborn till the end. "The last time I saw you, you were barely out of diapers."[break][break]

I wanted to see what kind of man you'd grown up to become, came the thought, unbidden. And from the look of things, Felix had become a man who could take care of himself and his family.[break][break]

Nikolaj turned to leave. "It sounds like you're doing just fine, though."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:01:49 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
He was doing fine.

More than that, Felix would consider their situation -- his and 's -- far better off than it had been before. Now, without the burden of their father's ghost peering over their shoulders, they knew the taste of freedom. And that was a memory he would never want to return, no matter the circumstances.

Still, when the stranger turned around, something in his chest twitched. Was it yearning? The same yearning he'd experienced with , when the news first came in.  Dried lips smacked into each other.

Something weighed on his mind.

"How did you know him?"

His father was a man of many friends. Some good, some bad. He wondered which side this one fell under.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 14:53:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Felix's voice stopped Nikolaj in his tracks. The older man half-turned so that his eyepatch faced Felix, putting his friend's son in his blind spot.[break][break]

Nikolaj wasn't sure he was ready to reveal his secret yet, not after keeping it buried for over twenty years. He couldn't look the younger man in the eye while he forced out his well-worn lies.[break][break]

"James and I worked together when we were younger," he replied. "Before you were born. He watched my back a lot, and I watched his."[break][break]

Regret and guilt returned to Nikolaj. He'd wrestled with those feelings for the last few months while trying to decide if he should find Felix or not. He still didn't know if they were right to feel.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .text b"]font:bold 13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 4:06:25 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix wasn't a man to pry. The concealment of half-built sentences or cherry picked words would be enough to drive someone as simpleminded as him mad if given the time of day.

So he didn't. Rather, he kept to what he knew.

But, this time, following that prescendent felt impossible. Wrong, even.

His eyes narrowed.

"Must've been rough. He wasn't an easy guy to deal with."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 13:22:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

A chuckle escaped Nikolaj at Felix's statement, an amused sound underscored with a somber regret. "He sure wasn't. But neither was I, I think. When you're young, you sometimes feel like you don't owe the world any explanations."[break][break]

Nikolaj paused, then turned fully so he could look at Felix in the eye once more. He opened his mouth, hoping the words he was about to say wouldn't bite him in the ass sometime in the future.[break][break]

"If you or your brother need anything, you can look for me in Oldale. I live and work out there. Just ask around for Kolya."[break][break]

Maybe it was an old-fashioned way of getting in touch with someone, but Nikolaj was an old-fashioned kind of man.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .text b"]font:bold 13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 21:42:54 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

There was little amusement in Felix's cold gaze. There was little amusement in the way he leaned against the door frame, broad shoulders balancing against the wood, bitterness dulling the further stayed, hovering like a ghost of past he never wanted to claim.

"Got it."

Was there anything else to say to that?

To a stranger offering more than anything his parents ever offered to him or his brother? There was never a 'we're just one call away'. Hell, only relief marked their estranged conversations.

"I'll let know, too."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 22:05:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

That was a better answer than Nikolaj could have hoped for, considering the hostile energy that lingered between him and Felix. He nodded, sensing the end of the conversation.[break][break]

"All right then. Take care."[break][break]

Without waiting for the younger man's reply, he turned and headed down the sidewalk.[break][break]

Perhaps he should not have made the offer. He knew nothing about Felix and less about August. And to them, Nikolaj was a complete stranger, summoned by their father's death. Judging from the brief exchange, James had not been kind to his sons, and they were better off without him.[break][break]

They might be better off without Nikolaj in their lives, too.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Phantom Pain [M]
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 3:43:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: