TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 0:50:33 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he hears the consonant on the tip of her tongue, and he doesn't need to hear the rest.

[break][break] his eyes soften.

[break][break] "why did you guys break up?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","milkcredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 15px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 6:11:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

So many reasons.
[break][break]
Since the day revealed himself to be a rocket and Penelope ascended to the region's council, cracks riddled their relationship, creating ravines where land once prospered. She'd been the one to ultimately pull the trigger - there was no debate about that - but she'd be lying to say, even before , doubt didn't cross her mind.
[break][break]
Still, that was no conversation she wanted to share with Ollie.
[break][break]
"I rather not talk about it."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 6:18:31 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he pauses.

[break][break] he thinks about the way that she had sobbed in the center of the street, nearly vomiting in her tears, and how desperate she had clung to him. ollie had known her for years, and never known her to hurt this much.

[break][break] 'did she hurt over me too?' the selfish thought rises, and he bites back the urge.

[break][break] instead he accepts her answer, placing a hand over hers. "okay."

[break][break] he returns back to his food, taking a sip of his beer, before placing it on the ground.

[break][break] "what would you like to talk about?"

[break][break] he smiles, easygoing and warm.

[break][break] "we can talk about anything."

[break]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 15px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 6:23:51 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There were some questions better left unanswered. Were Ollie to crack open the answer he sought over, it'd be not without risk.
[break][break]

Instead, he relented, allowing Penelope the reprieve of another cian-free topic. Thank god. Even now, with Chinese food heating the curves of her cheeks, and its stench biting her nostrils, tears still pricked the corner of her eyes, and sobs threatened to spill out. But she kept it all tucked away. or, at least, she tried to.
[break][break]

No there was no helping the occasional slip.
[break][break]

"I dunno," she murmured, eyes flicking up to the tv. The piplups were now sliding down a slope and diving into the freezing water below. "How's work..."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 6:58:37 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he hears the sobs nearly spill from her lips, the teary-eyed look that she tries to hide into her chinese food, and he bites his lip.

[break][break] months of her hating him and cursing him - that was what he was used to.

[break][break] but her crying?

[break][break] his heart breaks just a little more.

[break][break] "work is fine," he says, lips curved into a smile. "the expeditions are fun. i've only been to the one undersea. what about you?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 7:08:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The expeditions.
[break][break]

Another sore topic.
[break][break]

Biting her lip, Penelope shook her head, vigorous in her attempt to sway the thoughts from invading her thoughts.
[break][break]

"I-I rather not talk about that, too."
[break][break]

She forced a pile of noodles down her throat.
[break][break]

"Tell me more about you," the question barely managed to come out between the coughs of too much food, "how are you doing?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 7:11:35 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

that too?

[break][break] he thinks about the last time that they had talked about it. the expeditions. thinks about how shell-shocked she had gotten just because he'd mentioned of all people.

[break][break] had they had a fight too?

[break][break] he laughs at her question, the voice coming out surprised in despite of himself.

[break][break] "since when did you care about how i was, penny?"

[break][break] it's not cruel or terrible - just matter-of-fact.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 7:16:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I've never stopped caring."
[break][break]
Before she could work to prevent it, the words come spilling out. The truth behind it all.
[break][break]
Again, Penelope looked to stuff her face with another spoon full of noodles, this time letting bits of loose hair create a curtain between them, masking the now reddening pinch of her cheeks.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 7:34:25 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

it came out.

[break][break] would have been disappointed in him, knowing that he had such a lapse of his control, that he'd let his feelings get the better of him.

[break][break] "sorry, penny, i - " he fumbles immediately into an apology, placing his plate onto the table in front of them. her words, however, catch him off-guard.

[break][break] wait.

[break][break] she what?

[break][break] he blinks.

[break][break] "you... didn't?"

[break][break] that had to be a lie.

[break][break] 'i dont know if we can be friends.'

[break][break] she'd told him that not that long ago and it had absolutely gutted him.

[break][break] but had she not meant it?

[break][break] he bites his bottom lip.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 7:40:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Of course, I didn't."
[break][break]
Again, the words slipped out between the spindles of rolled-up pasta. And again she looked to bury it, changing expression hidden behind the wave of scarlet hair resting between them.
[break][break]
"sorry, I shouldn't have-- it's nothing. It doesn't matter anymore."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 7:45:52 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he knows he should let it go.

[break][break] everything in him says that he has to let it go - if not for her, then for his friendship with her. or at least, the potential of it which had - prior to this moment - not existed before.

[break][break] it had torn him up for months, when she not only told him that she didn't want to be in his life anymore, but the cold and seething way that she'd treated him at each and every opportunity. but he'd ignored it. ignored it because people like or said that he just had to try, and she would eventually accept his apology.

[break][break] he had let it all happen at the smallest, slightest opportunity that she would want to be in his life again.

[break][break] that she cared.

[break][break] it was pathetic, really.

[break][break] and yet he found himself on the precipice again, grabbing the fishhook that she left dangled in front of him.

[break][break] impulsively, his hand reaches out to grab hers. his green gaze is heated as it bears into her.

[break][break] "it matters." of course it does. how could it not? "what do you mean?"

[break][break] his grip grows tighter around her fingers.

[break][break] "i thought you didn't - i thought."

[break][break] he swallows.

[break][break] "you said you didn't want to be friends. that we couldn't."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 4:57:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Terror sparked across her body at his touch. It'd been months since they'd last spun beneath the golden champaign light of the masquerade, years since their last night spent together, and a lifetime since her heart begged for more. Crawling up to her throat, it stays there, vibrating until her entire body shook with its repentance.
[break][break]

"Why do you think I said that," she fired back, her voice a loud croak of hidden anguish. Beyond the pain she'd felt for , bitterness of and her's unmended relationship pushed to the forefront of her thoughts, saving her in a spiral of newfound torture.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 5:02:46 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

why?

[break][break] why?

[break][break] "because i fucked up. i know i fucked up - there's nothing i've thought about more, penny - i - "

[break][break] this wasn't the well-orchestrated, composed apology that he'd said to that night. this was a confused, desperate plea for help, whirlwinded by the fact that he even had the opportunity for it.

[break][break] "i fucked up. but i still wanted you in my life anyways."

[break][break] he swallows.

[break][break] "it's selfish."

[break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 5:12:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

I, I, I - no wonder he was so clueless.
[break][break]

Eyes closed, Penelope took a deep breath, hot air steaming out from her nostrils in one last attempt to find some semblance of strength.
[break][break]

Unfortunately, there was only anguish and deep-rooted regret.
[break][break]

"Fuck ollie, if you're so sorry why didn't you come back for me?"
[break][break]

She paused, teeth meeting the insides of her cheeks.
[break][break]

"I waited - for three years, I was here, waiting for you to come back. You never did."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 5:19:25 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i did!"

[break][break] it comes bursting out, sprawling, messily, onto the floor in front of him. all the secrets that he'd kept hidden, close to his chest, full of shame.

[break][break] this was the one that was most embarrassing.

[break][break] "i came back to hoenn. to find you. to fix us. but you'd left - you'd taken all your things, all our things and you'd just —"

[break][break] thrown it away.

[break][break] thrown me away.

[break][break] "you said it yourself that day." that day they met on hoenn again, three years later, with the winggull.

[break][break] "you deserved someone better than me."

[break][break] the anguish in his voice nearly chokes him.