6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 2:04:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle has certain boundaries he can push while within the rifts unlike most. the sygna suit was one reason, but certain pokemon he posses gives him a bit more leeway to venture alone without being put into danger.

certain patches of his map had been missing details due to various internal conflicts between the group at that time. while not exactly unamendable, sentiments linger and problems drag themselves out of the border afterwards.

not that kyle was that much affected. as far as he knows, his case was simply self-destructive and did not bother anyone else.

as he corrects, inconsistencies in his map, he soon spots a lone figure from the mists. he thinks it's nothing but a spirit at first, but given that it doesn't crowd the avatar of ho-oh, he tests the waters.

"hey!" he shouts, trying to get its attention. coincidentally, movement in the air clears just enough mist for kyle to recognize which dyed hair it belonged. "cian?!"

39 discover more evidence that the universe's topology is stretching. encounter sudden gaps and canyons of endless voids in the crumbling landscape of this realm.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 9:39:56 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cianbase"]
[attr="class","cian1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

it seems masochistic of him to visit the place responsible for broken promises and sins but he can't stop himself from doing so. he stands on the edge of a cliff shrouded in the mist looking out at nothing in particular.[break][break]

just lost in his own thoughts. drifting. drowning.[break][break]

"...kyle?"[break][break]

is he losing his mind? he looks around and is relieved to see through the mist.[break][break]

"what are you doing here?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]
[attr="class","cianpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.cianbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#cbb898;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 11:11:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"fixing my map. what are you doing?"

he doesn't pick up on anything unusual just yet, but his presence clues him in that something wasn't right. being alone on a treacherous place was dangerous, borderline suicidal. kyle can only handle such because he has tools to work with.

he attempts to get closer, keeping his phone back to his pocket as he traverses the misty lands, carefully pathing on the least susceptible route towards the cliff he was standing on.

"you're, like, real, right? and not an apparition? get back here!"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 11:17:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

what is he doing?[break][break]

"i'm...not too sure anymore."[break][break]

his gaze falls away from kyle to travel back out into nothingness. the way the mist seems to linger in the air as though it carries no weight. if he were to attempt to do the same, he'd fall.[break][break]

"yeah, pretty real."[break][break]

he looks over the ledge.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 11:23:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
eventually, he reaches him. an arm yanks him out of the edge, pulling him away from what seems to be a drop.

"what do you mean 'not so sure'?" he asks again.

one look at him makes it clear that he wasn't in a clear state of mind. he grumbles, scratches his head, before locking his hand on his wrist. he starts walking and talking, bringing them far away from where the rift deteriorates.

"have you seen any seal? there should only be four. any heightened emotion you're currently feeling?"

he tries to approach it logically, but given that they weren't near any of the seals makes him doubt that it's covered by the current scope of what they know.

the imbalance of emotions gets blamed to the environment for now.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 11:26:06 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

feeling pulls from both sides, ends up victorious in yanking him away from the ledge.[break][break]

it takes him a few more moments to fully snap out of it, though his eyes are still glossed over, this time with tears.[break][break]

"is heartbreak an emotion?"[break][break]

he cracks a joke because it's the only way he knows how to cope.[break][break]

"i feel sad, i guess."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 11:30:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hah?"

grudge, fear, envy, or hatred... none of those fit the description. any sort of annoyance from being protective soon fades as he realizes that maybe he was clinging too much on the subject of the rifts.

he pauses. unsure of how to react. he's not used to people coming for him for support, so he doesn't know how to approach it. instead, he lets go. awkwardly, he opens his arms, giving cian a hug and a pat on the back.

"w-well, it's the borders. feel free to be sad."

and only then does he process what was said.

"wait, what about livy?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 17:11:05 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

when kyle's arms open up for a hug, cian takes it. fuck, does he take it. his arms wrap around kyle, squeezing as though anything less would mean his friend would end up leaving him as well.[break][break]

his breath is shaky as he responds into the crook of kyle's neck.[break][break]

"she broke up with me."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2023 2:52:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"why? did you do something weird again?"

it's more likely to be from him in kyle's point of view, given that livy's image was of a responsible politician.

he knows little of their relationship. even his friendship with both was as separate people and never as a couple. the only glimpse he's had of their dynamic were little snippets of their love story from a few objects penny has in his home.

"o-or did she?"

kyle continues to pat his back. he's been in the scene long enough to know that people aren't what they appear they are that the other way around was still a possibility.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 9:33:23 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

had made him promise not to tell anyone what happened. he had accepted it at the time but now he's not so sur what difference it would make. people would find out eventually and cian isn't about to lie to his friend.[break][break]

he's not a liar anymore. he had changed for her.[break][break]

"she cheated on me with matias."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 9:48:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it explains the wide array of emotions when he had accidentally peered into the soul of . an inkling of guilt among others, but back then, he didn't take the time to process it all.

"that explains the protectiveness during the last few expeditions..." he mutters to himself.

trying to comfort her with her visions of the future, the special treatment neither he nor had, and protectiveness when he would've otherwise told others to suck it up. on hindsight, it made sense, but the signs were too subtle for anyone to catch on.

he tries to wrap his head around with the newfound information and uses this opportunity to excuse himself from talking further before details he knows align.

"let's take a breather first. i know of a place."

the inn. it'll probably be contaminated by now by memories they can't imagine occurring.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 17:33:08 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

of course kyle would know of a place. the man has been here a fair few times, at least enough to map out the place. cian wishes he was that cool.[break][break]

not wanting to argue, he nods his head, agreeing with a sigh.[break][break]

"okay."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 2:58:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the trip to the inn gives kyle the time to take a mental reset.

as they reach the establishment, kyle seats the unstable cian to one of the tables. he was still processing information given to him at this point, cutting it short in favor of keeping cian's head from running suicidal thoughts at the moment.

kyle's emerging hero complex has progressed into an ability to UPLIFT THE SPIRITS of willing people around him.

the resolve momentarily manifests something invisible from kyle. the aura goes out subconsciously, unfelt by the perpetrator as it takes into effect.

"did she say why she cheated?"

38 encounter and/or make use of a spiritual inn run by a quiet dusclops. in this inn are endless inscriptions of peoples' last words on wooden blocks. perhaps, your characters find their own prophesied last words here.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,791 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 3:39:19 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

for whatever reason, being with kyle just seems to lift his spirits. maybe it's the aura the champion exudes. maybe it's just the champion himself. whatever it is, cian finds himself drawn to him if only to stop himself from drowning.[break][break]

at kyle's question, he shakes his head.[break][break]

"probably because he's cool and tough and an elite four and i'm just...me."[break][break]

he sighs.[break][break]

"i don't blame her."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
keep yourself safe [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 4:00:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's not really a-"

he stops himself. there's really no logic behind love anyways. a connection just spurs at the moment, and only then can it be cultivated. still, the choice not to sever it the moment they did was theirs.

"why? shouldn't you feel resentful? angry?"

kyle doesn't know how to feel in his shoes. there has really been no other situation where he would feel similarly. the disconnect makes him feel helpless, but he tries his best.