Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
You'll not Feel the Drowning [RESEARCH]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 5:08:47 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi's private lab was one of the few rooms across all of the Rocket submarine with a small, inlaid window. That window, of course, usually looked out into a dark, vast sea...but every so often, on especially sunny days, small rays of natural light would filter through, reaching the occupants within. Light could be persistent like that.[break][break]
Nomi would be running her first Phase 2 trial of the SPECTRA-backed Biogenesis program today. She had finally successfully determined how to infuse Tera energy into a human body, as well as the Tera energy infusion limit before it destroyed said body. She could now move on to more nuanced experiments, knowing exactly how far she could push her subjects...people she did not want to harm, if she could help it. Such was the reason she had started out with Rocket traitors...men and women who would otherwise have been executed for their betrayals. Ironically, granting them such a fate served Rocket more readily than merely killing them outright. It pleased Nomi to turn something disappointing into something useful.[break][break]
Nomi looked away from where she had been staring out the small lab window, hearing the door to the chamber open and shut in quick succession. Val trilled happily, padding up to their volunteer. Nomi beamed at the young man who had entered, grateful for his support - something she had grown to rely on quite a bit these days, it seemed.[break][break]
"Thank you for agreeing to help me with this," she said to , eyes alight with fondness for her friend.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Nomi's Outfit Inspiration[break]
Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 5:29:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Nomi had yet to tell Isaac most of the details of her experiments. Every time, she excitedly brushed him off with a 'not yet' or a 'you'll see' or a 'I can't just ruin the surprise!' All he knew was that the project was called Biogenesis, it was backed by Spectra, and it involved transcending the potential that currently held man back.[break][break]

Isaac had the strangest sense of deja vu, but he just wasn't sure why.[break][break]

Still, he'd promised he'd show up to help Nomi in her endeavors. And something about the way pride swelled in her voice whenever she spoke about it made Isaac all the more eager to lend a helping hand. She couldn't have been more different from the lost, nervous girl, drinking alone at a bar and wondering if she was leaving too much behind in pursuit of her dreams.[break][break]

Val was happy to see him, earning a scritch behind the ears as Isaac stepped through the doors. Nomi practically lit up like a Christmas tree, as if there was nobody she'd rather see showing up to help her. Even the sea itself seemed to welcome him, a rare few strands of light fighting their way through the depths to grace the view from Nomi's window. It looked nothing like the Rocket library one usually imagined; a grim, dismal place full of trembling test subjects, sadistic "doctors", and sharp, bloody implements.[break][break]

"Wouldn't miss your big day for the world, Nomes," Isaac assured her, flashing her a brilliant grin of his own. Not only would his lingering curiosity about the nature of her work finally be sated, but he also had a chance to spend some more time with a dearly beloved friend of his. In Isaac's books, this was what you called a win-win.[break][break]

"So! We both know you're the smart one here. What's the plan?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 1:28:56 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"The plan is to infuse your body with Tera energy via electro-magnetic pulses - we're going to attempt to trigger a chemical reaction akin to Terastallization, essentially. There is a threshold - one I've been able to discover! - where the human body begins to...react to the Tera energy. Push beyond that threshold, however, and...well, it could result in death." She paused, knowing how that sounded. "But don't worry - I know exactly what that threshold is! Down to the exact measurements," she quickly reassured him.[break][break]
Val leaned into the ear scratches, letting out a delighted purring sound. Then he stared at Isaac with an expectant expression. You brought Watson, didn't you?[break][break]
Nomi pointed to an area she had prepared towards the back of the room. A comfortable-looking chair with actual cushions, unlike the rather hard and unforgiving lab stools that normally littered such laboratories, stood next to a small rolling cart. On the cart was a rather large digital tablet hooked up to a sleek, rectangular metallic device, out of which tendrils of wire sprouted like so many synthetic tentacles. There was a space for something spherical to sit on top of the device, an egg-shaped container of sorts. Nomi beamed at the entire set-up with a proud expression. She'd built all of it (with a little help from the research of , of course), and more importantly, she knew that it worked.[break][break]
Also on the table, were a collection of Tera crystals. There were five of them, unattuned.[break][break]
"The first step will be for you to choose what type of Tera energy you'd like to be infused with." She grinned at Isaac. "I decided it would be best to give my test subject a choice. If we accomplish what I'm hoping to accomplish, you'll be...augmented, by the end of the experiment. There's no telling how much power you'll have or how long it will last. So, you should pick something that actually excites you...that you'd find useful or interesting."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 2:53:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Okay. So this setup seemed incredibly familiar. But come on! Tera was the hot new thing, and both the League and Rocket alike were going to be racing to understand it. Of course Nomi was doing her experiments on Tera Crystals. Of course she was![break][break]

Okay, sure. Extending that to humans was a bit overly familiar. But it just made sense. Isaac had already passed on the intel that Primal Crystals could reignite the spark of an Avatar's gift in the humans that once hosted them, and SPECTRA being developed meant that Rocket was going to be on the lookout for any ways to get on par with Avatars. It was a natural combination of what they already knew and where their ambitions lied.[break][break]

Besides, he didn't remember this whole lab setup from that otome route. It was a lot less specific about the details. Clearly, instead of portraying the honest future, it was just showing what Nomi was hoping to accomplish. And good for her that she did! She was a bright spot of hope in this organization, and one who would hopefully come to eclipse the sins of her ancestors.[break][break]

Watson wasn't out in the otome, either. Maybe that was because Valerion was too busy monitoring them for flirting instead of pining for his friend. Nevertheless, under the weight of his expectant gaze, Isaac let his little croc out. He also held up a Tera Orb of his own, casually tossing it up and down in the palm of his hand. "Luckily for you, my little buddy's had some big upgrades," he mused. "Figure having a live Tera Pokemon on hand should help give you plenty of data to work with."[break][break]

And work with that data, Isaac would do eagerly. Why, he was so eager, he'd confidently strut up to that selection of Tera Crystals and take a look at what was available. After all, what were the odds that of all types, Nomi would choose-[break][break]

Normal.[break][break]

Isaac stared at the crystal that contained both multitudes and nothing at all. He remembered the feeling of it being jabbed into his palm, sensations no human should ever experience shooting through his arm. He remembered the screen glitching out as a new voice caressed his ear, warning him about what Nomi's potential could cause and what she may have already done. The memory of it, once some locked away bad dream, pulsed through his head so vividly that he could swear he was living it instead of reading it.[break][break]

"Man, I dunno. I'm awful at decisions," he said, perhaps a tiny bit too quickly. " 'Sides, between the two of us, we both know you're the brainiac. Got any idea which of these feels the most me?"[break][break]

One in five odds. One in five odds. There was no possible way, and if there was, it was surely random chance.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 20:53:13 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Isaac's voice wavered, betraying his nerves. But that was to be expected, right? Her friend was always eager to help, but she'd never actually asked him to do something quite like this before. Hands-on scientific experimentation couldn't be more dangerous than a high-speed motorcycle chase, though, could it? She chuckled, remembering the fateful night that had first brought the two of them together.[break][break]
As Valerian purred happily at Watson's jovial appearance, Nomi patted Isaac's arm reassuringly. The physical contact immediately made her think about a certain otome route she'd played recently, but she swiftly banished the memories from her mind before she ended up blushing so much Isaac started asking questions.[break][break]
"Don't worry, I can pick one for you. I..." Now she did blush, much to her chagrin. "I kind of already had one in mind for you. I thought about this in advance."[break][break]
She bent over the selection of Tera crystals, picking up the one that she also thought was the most beautiful - iridescent, multi-colored, and ever-changing: one moment a rainbow hue, the next, an endless void. She smiled at Isaac somewhat sheepishly, holding it up. "Okay, look. I know a lot of folks underestimate the Normal type, but they're foolish for doing so. Versatility is highly valuable in nearly every circumstance."[break][break]
She began to attach the Tera crystal to the device atop the rolling cart, dropping it into the egg-shaped container.[break][break]
"Anyway, I think it suits you. You're like, the most adaptable person I know! You're good at being whatever anybody needs, fluidly moving between various personas. Bartender Isaac, thief Isaac, Blackwing Bazaar Isaac, motorcyclist Isaac..." Boyfriend Isaac, but not for me...[break][break]
She trailed off as she focused on preparing the device, her back turned to Isaac. She hoped her choice hadn't insulted him; she'd tried to convey how much she considered it a compliment![break][break]
"Allright, everything's ready! You can go ahead and take a seat in the chair."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 23:00:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac gazed into the abyss of color and motion, and the abyss gazed right back.[break][break]

As its facets swam through Isaac's mind, Nomi spoke. Isaac was one of the most versatile people she knew. Isaac was one of the most capable people she knew. Isaac was always able to be what people needed him to be. Isaac was a chameleon. Isaac was a chimera. Isaac was both the bright spot of rainbow light and the deep, mysterious darkness, all wrapped in one.[break][break]

Even as deja vu wracked his mind and pulled his soul from his body, her words registered. Such kindness coming from someone Isaac thought the world of left a soft blush on his cheeks.[break][break]

He had no idea what to make any of this. The game, in all of its omniscience, deemed this was an omen most foul. It warned him of great agonies he'd be pushed through for power, and greater agonies still inflicted on those it took to get to this point. It warned that Nomi, the same sweet, caring Nomi that thought so highly of him, was an architect of human sacrifice. It warned him of cruelties that, to be honest, were perfectly on-brand for Team Rocket.[break][break]

That was just a game, though. This was a flesh and blood person. A person who Isaac had formed so many good memories with. A person whose triumphs Isaac wanted to celebrate, whose tragedies he wanted to lift her out of, and whose reach he wanted to extend to the stars and beyond. She was better than her insecurities. She was better than her family.[break][break]

She was better than here.[break][break]

Maybe they all were.[break][break]

The closer Isaac came to the chair, the more the pit of unease festered in his gut. Despite this, he put those personae to the use, his poker face steady despite what lurked beneath. He settled into the chair, felt the weight of chains ensnaring him, and hoped against all desperate hope that Macro Cosmos was wrong.[break][break]

Mustering all of his acting skills, he shot Nomi that same smile that never failed to catch her eye. "Ready when you are, Nomes."[break][break]

"I trust you."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 2:25:29 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Isaac's trust meant more to Nomi than he would ever know.[break][break]
Unable to suppress her excitement, keen eyes shining eagerly, Nomi began flipping a few switches on her machine. It hummed to life with a whirring sound. Nomi gathered up the wires that protruded from the sides of the device, scurrying around the cart to where Isaac sat.[break][break]
"I'm going to attach these to you, okay? Let me know if anything feels uncomfortable." She smiled encouragingly.[break][break]
At the end of each wire, there was a suction cup that had been designed specifically to stick to human skin. She attached two to Isaac's forehead, just above each eye (or, well, where one eye should be and where one watched her expectantly). Two more just under each ear, right where his hairline met his neck. Two more on his chest, one right above the heart. And finally, one on each wrist.[break][break]
Nomi surveyed her work. Then she touched her hand to a dial just below the basket where the Tera crystal had been attached to the device.[break][break]
"I'm going to start the experiment," she explained to Isaac, voice taking on a careful...almost gentle tone. "As the Tera energy flows into your body, it might...hurt." It pained her to have to say it. She didn't want to hurt him. But...well. Sometimes there was no avoiding hardship in the face of discovery.[break][break]
He'd consented. That's what mattered.[break][break]
"If at any moment you want to stop, we can stop."[break][break]
Isaac is strong. One of the bravest people I know.[break][break]
With the firm resolve of a scientist who's life's work was on the line, she turned the dial. The Normal Tera Shard began to glow a bright white. The machine began to whine louder at it channeled the Tera energy into Isaac's body.[break][break]
Please work.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 2:27:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Thanks to the app's prescient warnings, it all felt less comfortable than it should. Yet Isaac would never let himself admit it. Instead, he just met Nomi's encouraging smile with his own, holding onto her trust as if it was a life raft. "I will," he promised, knowing that if anything else changed he'd mean it.[break][break]

If he remembered correctly, this experiment was going to hurt. In fact, it would be agonizing. Nomi even took the time to warn him of the fact, a pained look bleeding through her caution, even voice. Clearly, experimenting on a friend of hers was not a step she took lightly.[break][break]

A part of him wondered if she showed the same consideration to those she experimented on up to this point.[break][break]

No, no. Nomi practically radiated kindness and warmth. Everything about the way she was conducting herself now made it clear that the brutality the game predicted was beyond her. It was impossible to reconcile the game's eerie prescience with the sins it placed on Nomi's shoulders.[break][break]

There was only one thing to do when faced with such cognitive dissonance. It was time to sit down, shut up, and see for himself.[break][break]

In the turn of a dial, a numb started to settle over Isaac's body. It was far from the pain he expected. If anything, it was more like a constant, ever-present tingle, slowly but surely massaging its way through every nerve in his body. At first it was in his fingers and toes, Isaac unable to feel them even as he gave them probing wiggle. Then it started to creep down, the sensation in his limbs fading with each passing second.[break][break]

Had it happened all at once, shutting Isaac's body down in the flick of a switch, it may have terrified him. However, like the frog in the metaphorical pot, the change was so slow that it seemed to escape his notice. Was it simply due to the nature of how the machine was calibrated? Was it because his trust in Nomi was such that he refused to process what was going on? Or had he simply been too busy bracing himself for harm to pay attention to how his body relinquished itself?[break][break]

Before he knew it, Isaac was left floating inside of a prison of his own consciousness.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 3:35:38 GMT
shiv Avatar

YOU'LL NOT FEEL THE DROWNING

naomi x isaac

WHEN TERA ENERGY IS CHANNELED by way of 's machinations, would find himself plunged into something akin to that of a hypnotic trance.

All he can see, all he can sense, are his desires, his wishes, and the creative possibilities of his imagination. To , she would see Isaac stuck in this odd, almost blind-to-the-world, state.

Should the channeling stop, so too, will Isaac's condition after a brief period of time.
REMINDER: consult with before a mod post is requested.[break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 2:51:17 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The machine whined softly as it continued to siphon Tera energy into 's body. Nomi wrung her hands, feeling a mix of fascination and anxiety. She knew this was safe, her machine worked, it was just...[break][break]
Isaac was someone she could not lose. Not now, not ever.[break][break]
"Isaac?" She murmured, voice no louder than a whisper. She was too curious to hang back any longer. She tentatively approached him, watching as his face grew slack, his exposed eye drooped closed, his expression turned...peaceful?[break][break]
Was he dreaming?[break][break]
She looked for signs of augmentation - changes to his skintone, his hair, his body...nothing stood out. She debated shaking him, trying to bring him back to a lucid wakefulness, but she feared messing with the experiment - ruining her (their) chances of success. So she just stood there, waiting, heart hammering in her chest.[break][break]
Across the room, Valerian and Watson seemed to realize what was happening. Wide eyes stared at the scene, curious, concerned. The gravity of the moment seemed to weigh on them too. For several long moments, Nomi and the Pokémon seemed to hold their collective breaths.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 21:01:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Nomi's murmur, already so quiet, was lost in the dreamlike haze surrounding Isaac. It was little more than the echo of a distant feeling, rippling the hazy air that settled around Isaac.[break][break]

Outside of the soft rise and fall of his chest, and the rapid movements of his eyes, Isaac's body seemed to be in stasis. No sound or even movement could rouse him from this slumber. It was debatable if even his own willpower could rouse him by now.[break][break]

But why would he even want to be roused?[break][break]

Stretching before Isaac was what felt like an endless array of doors. Behind each was another possibility, another future, another dream.[break][break]

Isaac, the phantom king of the Blackwing Bazaar. A master thief and a practiced vigilante, he ruled the space within the grey areas of society. From the League and Rocket alike he afforded his protection, his world a strange liminal space within which everyone could simply Be. He sat upon a throne, but it was as one that he and his people ruled.[break][break]

Isaac, the international superstar who elevated Alolan-style Pokemon wrestling to a new artform. His silver tongue and audacious attitude got audiences hanging off of his every word, only for his bombastic battling style to knock 'em dead. With a hundred superstars at his command, was it any wonder he was a champion decorated beyond compare?[break][break]

Isaac, a beloved Virbank actor about to claim his first award. So what if he didn't look the part of the leading man? Now he shaped that look. From poignant character pieces to blockbuster spectaculars, there wasn't a hat Isaac couldn't wear in the field of movie magic. What was next, now that he'd reached the top? Why, directing, of course![break][break]

Isaac, helping rescue lost innocents while clad in ranger's uniform. His big heart and never-say-die attitude could finally be put towards where they best belonged. Whether wild Pokemon or lost humans, he traded away the life of a soldier for the life of a guardian. Maybe, as he helped guide other lost souls, he'd finally find his own.[break][break]

Isaac, one of Team Rainbow Rocket's co-bosses. The overthrow of Declan Walsh was hard, but he and had managed to pull off the impossible. Now they fought a far harder, far more impossible battle. Would they be able to wean Rocket off of the worst of its cruelties, and truly create a world better than the League could ever offer? Maybe. Just maybe.[break][break]

Isaac, adjusting a tie that still didn't feel right as he stared down a closed curtain. How he'd managed to campaign his way into a Councilman position, even he didn't know. However, his platform of unity, redemption, and a stronger Hoenn had struck a chord with the forgotten masses. Together, they could build a better world.[break][break]

Isaac, living a quiet and peaceful life surrounded by the ones he loved. The war was not raging, nor was it absent. Instead, its long shadow has passed over Hoenn, leaving only quiet scars behind. Through his struggles, he found purpose; authorship of a popular children's book series. When not writing tales for Hoenn's future, he spoke truth to power about it's past. It was the only way to prevent the horrors he'd seen from ever happening again.[break][break]

Isaac, in a world where he had never lost the love of his father, where he had never lost his closeness with , where he had never risked the innocence of those he'd come to love. Where Kiryu had never lost her life-[break][break]

Static erupted through Isaac's brain. The comfortable numb he had settled into gave way to searing pain.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 16:34:15 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Something was wrong.[break][break]
Isaac's peaceful expression suddenly shifted. His skin paled, and sweat began to bead along his hairline. His closed eye twitched, mouth turning down in a grimace of pain. His body began to shake, crumple inwards, as if he were being stabbed over and over from the inside.[break][break]
Distressed, Nomi rushed over to the machine, frantically checking to make sure the dial had not somehow turned up on its own. The energy readings were the same as they had been, however: sitting right at the threshold between life and death just as Nomi had architected them to. Had she somehow miscalculated some other variable? Something unique about Isaac himself, perhaps?[break][break]
Fearing some sort of permanent damage to her friend, Nomi pressed the power button, shutting the machine down. It whined in protest, but eventually quieted to nothing more than the faint settling of once-turning gears. Nomi found that her breathing was shallow, her jaw tense. She ripped each suction cup from Isaac's skin with an almost ceremonial intensity.[break][break]
"Isaac?" She called out, keeping her voice even despite the anxiety that churned in her stomach, not wanting to startle him. "Are you okay? You can come back now. The experiment is over."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 14:11:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A million doors. A million possibilities. A million futures. Behind each, the same destination. The specifics differed, a primordial, ever-changing mass. Despite this, the same truths, the same needs, remained unchanging. The acknowledgment he had been denied growing up. Adoration, yet also the worth to deserve it. The ability to safeguard those he loved. The ability to take a broken world and fit it back together with his own two hands.[break][break]

All except one. A future defined by its past. A need defined by its lack. The one thing Isaac Merlo, the man who could move mountains, surrounded by a bubble of his own infinite possibilities, could never have.[break][break]

A paradox.[break][break]

Static bled into the dreamscape, swirling along its currents. Each doorway was laced with it now. It flickered into view along every pathway, hazy little glimpses that left Isaac unsure if he'd seen anything at all. Despite this, his heart continued to race. His breath continued to hitch. The promise of an impossible future both enticed and terrified him. It threatened to overtake his mind like a virus.[break][break]

The faint taste of copper seared the back of his throat.[break][break]

The plug had been pulled. The experiment should have been over. Despite this, Isaac continued to float within a void that slowly pulled itself away from him. He was the universe at the center of the big bang, his reality expanding ever outwards. Futures divided in fractal patterns, splitting along the hairline fractures of a million imperceptible changes. Even when they were too small, too stretched out to see, Isaac could feel them diverge. Even then, the static bled through the cracks.[break][break]

In that moment, Isaac realized the true definition of infinity.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 0:56:18 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The experiment should have been over. The energy had stopped flowing, the room had fallen into an uncomfortable silence, and Isaac's body had been removed from the machine.[break][break]
But still, he dreamed. If that's what was even happening: Nomi wasn't entirely sure. Isaac shuddered, eyes shut tight in pain, breathing coming far too rapidly. Nomi - a normally quite calm and collected young scientist - was nearing her breaking point, wringing her hands together and trying her best not to panic. She wanted to shake him awake, but what if that only made the pain worse? Should she call for help? Shame burned in her chest at the thought of anyone else knowing about this, finding out just how badly she'd failed.[break][break]
But if it meant Isaac would survive...[break][break]
"Isaac, please," Nomi begged in a desperate tone. She took his cold, clammy hands in her own and squeezed them. "Come back to me. I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 13:42:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A voice.[break][break]

A warmth.[break][break]

A presence.[break][break]

Time raced forwards, faster and faster, as if trying to fill the gaps of the ever expanding universe. Isaac lived. He grew. He aged. He weakened. He died. Through the darkness came light. The blurred face of a man looked down at Isaac, someone he never knew and never cared to know. He was born. He lived. He grew. He aged. He weakened. He died. So on, so forth, onwards into infinity.[break][break]

The night sky stretched before him. Galaxies twinkled in the sky, a million swirls filled with a million stars made from a million doors. One of those was his. But which? He couldn't say.[break][break]

Which did he want to be his?[break][break]

He couldn't say, either.[break][break]

Something familiar tried to ground him. A voice, barely a whisper, carried along the winding paths of infinity. A slight tingle in his hand, a phantom pain absent any of the pain part. A presence, embedded into the depths of his subconscious, a part of his world he couldn't forget no matter how far space spread, how fast time rushed, and how infinite his futures were.[break][break]

Softly, one of his hands wrapped around Nomi's.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]