Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Rock//Roll
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 0:28:10 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Loathe as you are to admit it, your aimless and whimsical lifestyle doesn't pay for itself. What's that saying about expensive tastes and bad habits? Or was it bad taste and expensive habits? You can't much remember. First time you heard it, your brain was too busy melting out of your ears to really appreciate it. The point is, booze and cigarettes don't come cheap, and you have a mighty need for both.

Luckily, the dirt is full of shiny rocks that people are willing to shell out good money for. You're not sure why, but you're not going to look that gift Ponyta in the mouth. All you need to know is that they're just lying there, free, and the only thing stopping you from taking them is the ever-present threat of getting crushed to dead by a cave-in.

But, when did the idea of a painful, slow, agonising death ever harsh your vibe?

So, here you are, walking into a dodgy-looking cave with a torch in one hand, and a sledgehammer in the other. You're not intending to leave without your pockets full and your wallet fuller. Still, you're only human, and you can only carry so much. That's why you're brought along another pair of hands. Sure, you'll have to split the profits, but if all goes well, you'll still end up making more than you would alone. Speaking of which...

"See anything shiny, bruv?"
close tab

played by

Dan

He/Him
December
Celestic Town
Unknown
Grunt
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3 posts
part of
TAG WITH @algernon
Algernon Believe
Rock//Roll
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 1:44:22 GMT
Algernon Believe Avatar

What is the meaning of a meteor?

It's a question that shows up time and time again in myth and folklore the world over; Clefairy dancing around long-dead meteorites in the moonlight, glittering Minior streaking across the night sky. In this region alone there are countless stories concerning the impact of celestial objects from the far beyond against the world-- no, against Hoenn itself. Lunatone and Solrock came to mind, but there were older stories, more fragmented things... well, he wasn't particularly familiar with those ones, just yet. That was half the reason he was here, after all.

And so here he was, crouched in the dust as he turned over in his hands a fragment of what had once been half of a planet all of its own, a shooting star hurtling towards glorious apocalypse against the skin of the earth. Officially, he's here for, what, mining? The thought is a little sickening, if he was being entirely honest. these are the bones of the stars he's holding in his hands, and he's meant to sell it off to the highest bidder.

Drifblim hovered over him, a morose quality to the strange, otherworldly sounds escaping the ghost Pokémon as it occasionally bumped into the roof the cave. It was a little cramped for it, if he was being honest, but it had insisted on being out of the ball all the same. The long ribbons trailing from its lower body hung over the trainer like a curtain, or a funeral veil-- granting him a moment of stolen privacy to examine the shard of meteorite he'd picked up. He was fixated entirely on it, only half-broken out of his reverie once some figure he hadn't being paying any particular attention to called out to him directly.

"Hm? No, not particularly." 

The meteorite glinted as if in protest in his hand, but he ignored the falsehood. Its secrets were for him alone.

@tag
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Rock//Roll
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 13:41:20 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Well, you can't really say you're surprised. Your partner on this endeavour seems a little less than "all there", so to speak. Maybe a little too much of a fond of Oddish leaves to be present in the moment. You can't smell it on him, but you get that vibe when you look into their eyes, as though they're not really thinking about the present.

"Tch. What a shame."

Despite what you're saying, you don't really think it's a shame. After all, if he's not paying attention, that means you might be able to stiff him on the profits. Sure, you'd be happy with a 50/50 split, but if your mule is off in dreamland, then you might be able to swing 60/40, or maybe even 70/30! That's the kind of thought that really gets the blood pumping. Makes you want to get knuckle-deep into the dirt. Makes you want to get elbow deep into the rock and stone. Makes you want to fatten your wallet until you can't fit it into your pocket.

No point in waiting any longer. You eye the cave around you until you find a spot you feel good about. Yeah, this feels lucky. This feels good. So, holding your flashlight in your teeth, you grab your sledgehammer with both hands, and swing into the wall--

CRUNCH.

--And immediately regret it. You're not sure of that crunch was rock being shattered from the impact, or all of the bones in your arm being shattered by the impact. The shock is immediate, and once that fades, all you're left with is the pain. It seems like smacking rocks with a hammer isn't going to get you where you need to be. If anything, the only place it's going to get you is into ER with two broken arms. It's not doing anything worthwhile. The only thing it's doing is making you angry.

But at least you have a good outlet to bleed that building rage.

"Oi, you fffffffffffreakin' junkie smackbag! We're on a damned job here, y'know! D'you want to help, or d'you want to keep squatting about like a bum while I do all of the heavy lifting?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights