awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 10:32:32 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn didn't spend all his time darting through the Fortree woods. On occasion, he liked to visit some of the bigger cities. And on these occasions, Finn cleaned up well.

And what was the reason for his visit?

Shopping.

Well, under the cover reason of conducting a swordfighting workshop for a club in Mauville City.

Since Finn always played the part of the tough and gruff village chief, few people might have guessed that he was an avid shopper. There were hints of it in almost unseen ways: his clothes, albeit basic, fit him like a line cleanly drawn; his shoes always matched his watch. Not things you see when he's in training garb, but in the moments he darts out of life in Flying Sword School.

"One Mega Punch Latte, please."

Finn collected his drink with a muted smile and settled by the window, where he had set his bags by the side - a grey duffel bag and two pristine paper carriers stamped with the bright blue Mauville Department Store logo. He enjoyed the quiet solitude of people watching.

close tab

played by

Lyco

Aya, Ayachi
She/Her
Twenty-Four
May 10th
Cherrygrove City, Johto
Bisexual
P̶o̶l̶i̶c̶e Café Owner
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayana
Ayana Takahashi
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 13:54:55 GMT
Ayana Takahashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","lyco1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","lycoimg"]

[attr="class","lyco2"]The cafe was full and overall, rather busy today. Maybe, due to the pleasant, warm weather outside. Drawing all the residents of Mauville and those beyond the walls out for a day of fun and excitement, since there was definitely ample opportunities for shopping here. [break][break]

Due to her background and also, because she ran the cafe every day. Ayana could easily pick out a new face in the crowd. A man with spiked, slicked back green hair approached the counter and ordered a special latte. Moving away to a window on one side of the café as if to look out the window.[break][break]

As there was a break in the crowd, Ayana smiled to herself as she decided what she was going to do. With a slight bustle of knives and plates; she wandered over to to the table, leaned against it, and said in a friendly tone.[break][break]

“Hey, there. Nice too meet you. I’m Ayana. I brought you a slice of cake, on the house. Of course! Enjoy. Need anythin’! Just met me know, okay?”[break][break]

Nasu, Ayana's Gengar, gave her a annoyed frown from behind the bar as if to say 'stop giving away the profits for free!' but relented and went back to work.[break][break]

[attr="class","lyco3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#CC5B53;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyco1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lycoimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lycoimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyco2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.8; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lyco2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyco2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyco3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 16:38:47 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

A parasol lady and her Roselia; a preschooler tugging along a cloud of pastel balloons; a psychic shuffling tarot cards. Finn rested his chin on his hand, stirring his Mega Punch Latte as his eyes drifted across the crowd lazily. You see all kinds in cities as big as Mauville.

Some sounds reeled Finn's focus back into the cafe - shuffling steps and a soft clinking of steel on porcelain. Curious, he turned around to meet the young lady from the counter smiling cheerfully, a plate of creamy cake in hand. Finn was about to tell her she'd made a mistake when she introduced herself with bouncy enthusiasm, telling him she'd brought him the cake for free.

Finn usually wore his face with a stoic weight, but everyone brightens up with the offer of free cake. Caught off guard by this kind gesture, Finn couldn't help but return Ayana's cheerfulness by breaking into a grin. "Please, let me pay for this," he offered, reaching into his duffel bag for his wallet. He'd never take anything for free.

"No, please - you have a beautiful cafe, and I'd love to support you. This cake looks deli-OOF!"

Finn's world tossed itself around. Someone on some kind of speedy mount sped past the open window, snagging Finn's wallet and bags before spraying him with something gummy and rapidly stiffening. Now, Finn's hand was empty, his face was streaked with Alcremie frosting, and he was stuck to his chair with Spider Web.

Finn's carefree, chirpy grin plunged and darkened way beyond his usual mien; he now wore the decisive wrath of a fighter.

"Dammit!" Finn bulged against the nasty threads binding him. His brows blazed and his eyes spat daggers at the thief zooming down the little road.

---

Note: I am very okay with Finn and his Pokemon getting knocked about as long as they don't lose limbs or die!
close tab

played by

Lyco

Aya, Ayachi
She/Her
Twenty-Four
May 10th
Cherrygrove City, Johto
Bisexual
P̶o̶l̶i̶c̶e Café Owner
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayana
Ayana Takahashi
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 19:36:59 GMT
Ayana Takahashi Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lyco1"]

[attr="class","lycoimg"]

[attr="class","lyco2"]When Finnegan offered to pay for the cake, even going as far as to search for his wallet. Ayana couldn’t help but smile and shake her head. “No, no. It’s a gift. On the house. Don’t worry about it. I'm serious!” [break][break]

As he insisted, something zoomed past the open window snatching up the bag from his arms. [break][break]

At once; Ayana’s detective mind began to whir. They were moving at speed which meant it was some sort of motorcycle. The use of Pokemon in the theft meant that whomever had done it was well trained at directing their Pokemon at speed. [break][break]

Not that she could do anything too drastic as to not reveal herself and her true abilities. But, she could at least help. [break][break]

“Hey. Don’t worry, we can get it back! Let’s go, come on.” [break][break]

She pulled him up by the hand and away from the table. In a second, Ayana had pulled off her apron thrown it over the counter and launched out the door. Popping her head back in to say, “Nasu, you’re in charge til I get back, okay? Thanking you, thanking you, heh.” [break][break]

The large purple ghost nodded solemnly and turned back to the counter to continue serving the customers. [break][break]

“You ready? We ARE going to get it back.” She said, putting great emphasis on the are. “That is a Ayana guarantee!” [break][break]

[attr="class","lyco3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.lyco1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.lycoimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.lyco2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.8; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.lyco3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 4:41:23 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

As Finn struggled against the sticky bands that strapped him to his chair, Alcremie frosting dripped down his face. Oh, damn. This was good. 

But snap back to reality - the thieving bastard was zooming off with Finn's bag and his shopping!

Combining Ayana's strength with his own, Finn burst out from the Spider Web before it congealed any further. He shook off stray threads and a sugar petal as Ayana pulled him out onto the street, the thief still within eye's reach. 

"You know, a Gengar-run cafe could really take off." 

From the way Ayana reacted so sharply, and how she calmly but decisively told Finn that she'd make sure he got his things back, the young swordsman wondered if there was more to her than she let on. People didn't just acquire this degree of rugged confidence. You had to be forged in the heat of experience. Finn nodded briskly in response. He respected her already. He would typically have pursued the thief alone, but he felt good about accepting Ayana's partnership. 

"Hang on!" Finn tore out a Pokeball from inside his jacket and released Beidou, his Kirlia. Beidou's red horns quivered, picking up the intensity of the moment, and his own stance shifted to match it. "Bring us to the junction we bought the shoes at!" Beidou nodded firmly and wrapped the three of them in a radiant purple aura, and they vanished! Beidou used Teleport! 

Shoppers screamed and dispersed as Finn, Ayana and Beidou exploded onto the junction - right as the thief zoomed past on his scooter. "Hey! Stop there, you Grimerfist!" Finn shouted, dashing after them like a Jolteon.

close tab

played by

Lyco

Aya, Ayachi
She/Her
Twenty-Four
May 10th
Cherrygrove City, Johto
Bisexual
P̶o̶l̶i̶c̶e Café Owner
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayana
Ayana Takahashi
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 17:40:35 GMT
Ayana Takahashi Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lyco1"]

[attr="class","lycoimg"]

[attr="class","lyco2"]Ayana was prepared to run after the thieves and do whatever she had to do to help Finn recover his stolen belongings. There was no way she was going to allow such injustice to happen right under her nose, even if she couldn't reveal her true intentions. [break][break]

But before she could take a step, Finn called her back and pulled out a Poké Ball from his pocket. He threw it at their feet, and a small green-and-white Pokémon appeared in a flash of light. "Oh!" Ayana exclaimed, gaping at the cute creature. "Kirlia, you're just so adorable!"  [break][break]

Finn quickly issued instructions to Kirlia, who nodded and then vanished along with Ayana and Finn, reappearing in the midst of a crowd of people running in all directions. It was chaotic, but it provided them with more room to work. Just as a scooter zoomed past the three of them.  [break][break]

"That's the one, right?" Ayana asked, tilting her head a little. Without hesitation, she reached into her pocket, pulled out a Poké Ball, and threw it at the scooter. "This one is new, but it should do just fine," she said with a smile to Finn, who was running after the thieves. "Anko, use Leech Seed!"  [break][break]

A flash of white light revealed a small, wooden Pokémon; resembling the Poké Ball it had just been released from. Thin vines shot out from nowhere, flew down the road, looped around the tires of the scooter, and knotted themselves in place.  [break][break]

[attr="class","lyco3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 23:55:23 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar
Finn was fast, but not fast enough to catch up with a scooter. He roared as he turned the corner in hot pursuit, his mind honed like a blazing dagger. As distance yawned between them, Finn's heart began to slip. 

Then, Ayana released a curious creature - an exotic Voltorb that had also recently started sprouting in Finn's woods - that sprayed Leech Seeds all over the scooter. Ropey vines unfurled and knotted up all throughout the motorcycle's machinery, bringing the vehicle to a screeching, tumbling halt. If Finn could, he'd turn round to pump his fist in the air with thanks - but the thief was good! As the scooter flipped off the road, he leaped off it, light as a leaf, with his bounty in hand! 

The chase continued; but this time, he was on foot. Finn snarled as his legs pounded the road. He was trained to run and leap amongst the gigantic roots of Fortree's undergrowth - this was nothing! They wove in and out of a crowd, but Finn was gaining ground. 

"Stop him!" Finn roared, throwing out a Pokeball to summon his friend Dafutou the Scyther. The green monster screeched and slashed through the air above them, landing far ahead and cutting off the thief's path. He was cornered - for now. 

As he sealed off his end of the path, Finn's mind sped back to Ayana. Would she be okay? 

Of course she would be. She probably hasn't even revealed her true strength yet. Finn almost looked forward to her joining him just to see what else she could do.

[/div]
close tab

played by

Lyco

Aya, Ayachi
She/Her
Twenty-Four
May 10th
Cherrygrove City, Johto
Bisexual
P̶o̶l̶i̶c̶e Café Owner
Cadet
0 height
0 height
awards
28 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayana
Ayana Takahashi
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 15:08:26 GMT
Ayana Takahashi Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lyco1"]

[attr="class","lycoimg"]

[attr="class","lyco2"]Ayana had lost sight of Finn amidst the hundreds of bodies pushing to get away from the scene or swarming around in hopes of getting a better look. She realized there wasn't much point in trying to force her way through. She recalled Voltorb with a flash of a Poke Ball, pocketed it, and turned around, wondering if she could catch up with him before anything too serious happened. [break][break]

Ignoring the looks of people who had clearly seen her intervene in the battle or whatever was going on in the distance, Ayana shrugged to herself.[break][break]

Once clear of most people, Ayana ducked and took a left down a side street. There wasn't much there, except for a few stinking bins and a door which she assumed led into the back of a nearby shop. However, a ladder or fire escape, time and time again, proved itself as a valuable resource to a police officer.[break][break]

Hoisting herself up into a bin, she tugged at the base of the old, rusted, and clearly disused fire escape. It creaked loudly as Ayana tugged on it and eventually, with some force, fell an inch above the dumpster's lid.[break][break]

A short climb later, Ayana found herself on the flat roof of a nearby building. She could still hear the commotion below. There wasn't a siren, so clearly, the police had not been called.[break][break]

"Hey, boss. Looks like he's got you cornered. Want us to come and help? Over." said a voice. Ayana ducked and slipped behind an air vent, listening hard. "Boss? What do you want us to do? OVER!"[break][break]

It was another two men, dressed in dark clothes, huddled at the edge of the rooftop, peering down, one with a pair of binoculars and the other with a walkie-talkie held to his balaclava-covered face.[break][break]

"We better move anyway," the first man said, pushing the binoculars away. "Boss needs us."[break][break]

"Or..." Ayana said, stepping out. "You can face me instead." The two men merely laughed at her. "Stupid, little brat, ya' wanna go? Get outta here if you value your life."[break][break]

"No thanks. I'd rather show you what your life means to you." Her face suddenly became extremely blank, and her expression sharp and cold as ice. She threw a Poke Ball out, and the bright pink Musharna appeared, a plume of smoke rising above its head.[break][break]

[attr="class","lyco3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 2:25:12 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

On one side, Dafutou brandished his arm-swords fiercely in the air. On the other side, Finn crept in like a Mightyena out for blood. The thief tried sticking his hand into his shirt to retrieve a Pokeball, but Dafutou hissed and released a terrible buzz from his bristling wings so loud and violent that its sheer sound made the criminal retch. Seizing the chance, Finn prowled up to him and socked him across the jaw.

"I don't even need my swords to deal with someone like you."

Finn's punch landed like a bomb strike. The thief was down for the count - for now.

Brushing the sweat off his spiky green fringe, Finn picked up his bags as Dafutou settled down beside him. "Thanks, buddy." He rubbed the Scyther's snout with his elbow, and the creature growled appreciatively in return. Catching his breath, Finn looked around him, the crowd tightening and dispersing - it was over. Where was Ayana now?

Beidou teleported before him, his eyes wide with urgency. Finn's stomach dropped. He'd hate to have pulled Ayana into this. She was a good and strong person but this need not have been her fight to settle.

"Let's go."

With another burst of lavender light, the world spun around Finn and his team, and they rematerialised beside Ayana on the roof. The wind in his hair told Finn about their height. Ayana faced off against two brutish thugs, a Musharna floating in a pink haze ahead of her. Her face had totally transformed from her friendly cafe persona; Finn knew the look of someone accustomed to force.

Finn threw his bags to the side.

"Dafutou, you're up." The Scyther answered the call with a harsh hiss.

Responding in kind, the two grunts summoned a Liepard and Golbat.

"Tsk. Dying on your girlfriend's behalf?"

Finn snarled.

"We're not the ones dying today. Go!" Dafutou lashed out in a blast of slashing wind, his scythes glowing insect green. Scyther used X-Scissor on Liepard!

As the battle started, Finn glanced towards Ayana. He realised he did not know who she really was at all.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Coffee Run
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 20:30:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: