[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It had taken way more time than she had expected, far more medication, stitches and bandages for her to even be a sliver of health better than before. But if Eris was anything, she was a roach - A tiny creature always getting into horrible situations and coming out of it because she's simply too stubborn to die.[break][break]

And perhaps, she's fine with that. The way that she gets to comb Reiner's mane, even while her fingertips are numb from the remnant anaesthetics. The salty sea breeze that blows in through the crater and tussles her hair. The face that Isaac makes knowing that she'll be okay for the time being. The fact that she'll be able to see again as soon as she's ready. All of these little things make her forget for just that bit about how deep life has cut into her.[break][break]

But it's only a matter of time before reality comes knocking once more, Mesprit's trills making her look up towards that large, empty spot. This was where Chu-e had once died, this was where Necrozma had once rampaged, the place where the Tree of Life once stood, now left so hopelessly barren.[break][break]

"Feels weird, doesn't it? Coming back after so long..."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 4:28:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin patrols the city often. At times it was for work, but on occasion he sought only to clear his head with the aid of the briny breeze and the sturdy white stone of Sootopolis beneath his feet. It had felt foreign to him when he'd first moved here. He'd bought the house with the intention that he'd move in with Emma, and the crash-and-burn of their relationship at his own hand had certainly not helped his perspective of the place. It had felt like starting over.[break][break]

Now, he's comforted by familiar routes. Where he'd once walked Meteor Falls, now he leaves his footprints in the white sands by the Bay.[break][break]

It's only the heat that troubles him, has him longing for the shade of the Tree of Life. But there is only an emptiness where that Tree had once stood, where it had risen to become the monster now rampaging elsewhere.[break][break]

Yet that empty place is still included in his familiar route, and it is there that he finds her.[break][break]

"Eris."[break][break]

Gavin has the dogs with him — his pack of Lycanroc, as well as a Lucario that would be unfamiliar to the girl. A click of his tongue and a gesture with his hand sees the pack sit down near in unison, though the Lucario only watches the child and her companion with wary curiosity.[break][break]

Where have you been? should be the first question he asks, as Rocket's underboss.[break][break]

What he asks is, "What happened?"[break][break]

She'd been hurt. When? By whom?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 4:48:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Seeing 's face after weeks of lost contact is a somewhat refreshing change of pace. It's strange how often she sees monsters in the people who simply wander the streets or watch from high places, but when it comes to those who society would truly label as monsters, she sees nothing but comfort and a home.[break][break]

Despite the pack of dogs he has with him, she doesn't quite stiffen up or flinch. Instead, she looks down towards her torso, gingerly running a hand over the healing wound.[break][break]

"You always seem to catch me while I'm recovering. I guess that's because I don't run around as much." And she most certainly doesn't seem like she intends to run in this very moment, far too comfortable with her spot as Mesprit settles on her head. "I guess you could summarise it as uhm..." Her eyes wander up to the pixie who shrugs in response. "Hmm, I don't really have a good summary for it actually, and it's kinda a long story?"[break][break]

She can feel the way Reiner tenses beside her, resting a hand on his shoulder and avoiding every little scratch and bruise as she gives it a gentle rub.[break][break]

"You look well. Or well, not sick and dying at the very least. Been quite out of touch with the happenings of Rocket and whatnot."

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 5:01:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

No threat is suggested by Gavin's relaxed posture. When he reaches into his pocket, he pulls out a pack of cigarettes instead of a gun.[break][break]

"I think you are hurt far too often."[break][break]

That was true regardless of how you looked at her situation. No child should have to go through that much pain, even a child beholden to Rocket. Except perhaps she didn't feel beholden any longer. Gavin's gaze flicks up to acknowledge Mesprit's presence.[break][break]

"Hello, Mesprit."[break][break]

He doesn't know if it can speak, or if it would want to, but it feels rude to ignore the pixie. had told him of its implied relationship with Eris.[break][break]

"I have time," the underboss says calmly. "I'd be very curious to know why you've been so distant from us."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 5:21:51 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"It's not my fault this time. I didn't start the fight, I just didn't have the information that the nut job wanted." Eris sulks, barely changing her expression even when Mesprit reaches to pull at the ends of her lips. And the pixie isn't quite ignorant of 's presence either, waving briefly with that ever indecipherable stare of hers.[break][break]

"So that gym leader guy wanted to interrogate me about Meteno and I pretty much told him no. And then guess what? He starts screaming at me for information about the Sinnoh takeover! Of all things! And I was like... 8 at the time??" As if her exasperation isn't obvious enough, she throws her hands up and barely resists the pull of gravity as she falls back onto the ground. And she ignores Mesprit's little chirps of indignation as she's forcefully displaced from her perfect perch.[break][break]

"He wanted information on why Raikou was killed. Seemed obsessed as all hell over it and then tried to kill us when I said I didn't know anything."[break][break]

There are some other things that she obscures for the time being, things that she feels might cause Gavin to flip if mentioned.[break][break]

"But yeah... I got caught by Miss Melody and thrown into jail. And after some time, they let me and pa out, but he got chipped like a house Skitty and I gotta report my whereabouts to them every time I go somewhere." Her hands are empty, and she shows her scarred palms as if trying to emphasise that very point. "That monster broke my phone too, so I'll probably be excused from reporting. Well, that's probably the least of the League's problems now that they've supposedly killed the kid of their most important criminal in custody."[break][break]

Her snort is weak, controlled to a point where it wouldn't cause pain to rip through her stomach. But eventually, ruby eyes flick over to hold Gavin in view, her nose scrunching a little at the sight of wisps.[break][break]

"Smoking is bad for you, you know?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 3:56:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I didn't imply that it was," Gavin points out, lighting his cigarette as she explains. Nut job? His lips purse briefly before the cigarette is slipped between them.[break][break]

His brow arches as she continues. Gym leader? But Gavin doesn't interrupt, watching as she tumbles back in her dramatic display. Mesprit seems well-suited to her impish personality, from a brief glimpse into their interaction.[break][break]

"A gym leader tried to kill you?" Gavin has no love for the League, but that catches him off guard enough to break his silence. He'd expect it from the likes of certain Elite Four, but which of the gym leaders would harm a child? His amber eyes narrow as he remembers one in particular. "Was it Silph?" A beat. "Not . The other one."[break][break]

. Gavin's blood boils at the thought of him.[break][break]

Insight into 's whereabouts is useful; he'd have to relay as much to Walsh. He was free, and thus potentially accessible to Rocket for extraction.[break][break]

Gavin's laugh is sharp.[break][break]

"I know."[break][break]

Arceus knew has told him as much.[break][break]

"If you weren't chipped, there's no reason to return to them."[break][break]

A question hides beneath the simple statement: Do you want to?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 4:31:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"No. Strangely enough, it wasn't. But I could... feel the bits of influence."[break][break]

That pure hatred for Rocket that doesn't discriminate between the bloodthirsty and the ones who need help.[break][break]

When Eris presses her hands together, she finds them being gently pried apart by Mesprit, the pixie simply radiating concern that washes over her worry. And as always, she appreciates the way that her rampant emotions are kept in check, tampered with just to keep her from losing her sanity and cool at each turn. Which is why she can take a moment to stay silent, contemplating the meaning of 's words.[break][break]

"I don't want to go back while I'm still recovering, but I don't think I can stay here forever... Just because I don't know what they'd do to pa, even if he's technically unkillable. That and I- There's some officials that promised to keep me safe, but the League isn't really... all that good at doing that... and I'm a little scared. I'm pretty sure I've tasted poison in our food back home recently and uh, not the best experience really."[break][break]

Something bitter bubbles up within Mesprit, waves of malice and unbridled anger churning in the air and weighing heavily on all those present.[break][break]

"I'm fine, Mes. You can save that tantrum for when it really matters."[break][break]

Though perfectly capable of levitating, the Lake Guardian huffs and hops off Eris' chest, waddling her way over to Reiner and crawling right on top of his head. Then she plops down with a soft thud, crossing her arms as the rage fades into a muted sense of irritation.[break][break]

"I'll be real, Gavin. I don't really know what to think or do right now."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 2:34:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Not Silph? Gavin's scowl deepens.[break][break]

"Who, then?" A pause. "Unless you don't know?"[break][break]

It wouldn't be difficult to narrow it down. There were only so many gym leaders in Hoenn, unless this assailant had merely been pretending.[break][break]

I don't think I can stay here forever. Gavin parses her words carefully. It didn't seem that want came into the equation, there. Eris' expression of fear softens him somewhat, until the mention of poison reignites his rage anew.[break][break]

"Monsters."[break][break]

Though he had sworn to bring Eris down himself if she were to turn against Rocket, this situation appeared to have more nuance than all of that. He remembers what had said to him, wondering how much of this had been his doing, if at all.[break][break]

"You'll be safe here." He means the city. Sootopolis. The seat of Rocket's power. "For as long as you need."[break][break]

"This news of Chu-e is a relief. Half of Rocket seem to think he's betrayed us." Us. Gavin will always be Rocket, first and foremost. "Does he want to come back, Eris?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 4:11:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I don't know."[break][break]

Her answer is abrupt, almost cutting off his words before he can go any further. Ruby eyes reflect the cracks in Mesprit's red jewel, focusing on the imperfects present before she finally brushes it all away by patting the pixie's head.[break][break]

"And well, he... told me he was tired of fighting. And he looks a lot more relaxed now that he's not constantly having to fight the other part of himself."[break][break]

Not that he'd let her see him beaten and broken down as long as he had the ability to pretend.[break][break]

Knowing , he must've sold some information to the League to buy the freedom and life that they now tried to lead. And it's in times like this where she's grateful for Mesprit's ability to suppress those pangs of guilt and uncertainty.[break][break]

"I don't think he betrayed us. But I do think that he's thinking of living... a normal life? Or well, as normal as he can make it for the both of us." His use of words is echoed closely, allowing herself to believe she's still welcome in these streets. "Would it really be bad for him to stay away from all of it?"[break][break]

And her gaze is steady as she searches for answers in 's own eyes.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 0:40:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He told me he was tired of fighting.[break][break]

Those words resonate with Gavin, aching in his chest. had fought harder than most in his life. Against Rocket, against his own failing body, against Necrozma's attempts to overtake him... doubtless, a chance to rest was welcomed.[break][break]

But would Rocket see it as earned? Would they let him slip so easily from their grasp?[break][break]

"It isn't my opinion that matters, Eris." His golden gaze settles heavy upon hers. "You know that."[break][break]

She had been at their meeting, where they'd discussed the end of the world and Rocket's plans to capitalize upon it. She'd seen, no doubt, how quickly Gavin had folded before Walsh's whim.[break][break]

He sighs. "So long as he hasn't, and has no intentions of betraying us, then he is considered one of us even trapped in the League's custody. But if he were to renounce Rocket? You know the threat that would pose."[break][break]

You know what we'd do. What I'd do.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 5:39:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I wish you would make your opinion matter."[break][break]

Treasonous is one way to describe her thoughts, naive is the other. Her eyes shine with the quiet understanding of their positions, but her fists clench regardless.[break][break]

"He's not a rat."[break][break]

Not like I am.[break][break]

"But isn't it kind of better to just let him... stay there if it lets him get the rest he wants?"[break][break]

Less reasons for him to betray, less reasons for him to cause trouble. Less pieces for her to pick up after, less turbulent emotions for her to deal with. Once again, Mesprit resonates with her state of being without her even noticing, projecting it outwards as if it wasn't already obvious enough.[break][break]

"What if we just stayed out of Rocket's way? I-" Hesitance gets the words choked up in her throat. "I can help out in exchange for letting him be. But if we just... remain oblivious to the new things happening in Rocket and said nothing about what we already know, that would work out in your favour, right?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 21:37:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A being of Emotion such as Mesprit would doubtless sense the profound sorrow that struck Gavin at Eris' naïve request.[break][break]

"I have done everything I could to that effect."[break][break]

He had clawed his way into Rocket's upper echelon. He had the ear of the most powerful Rocket in Hoenn... but Walsh still retained power over him. Only his end would bring the freedom Eris campaigned for, and perhaps not even then. If Walsh were to perish, who was to say that Kanto's boss would not send another to take his place?[break][break]

"I can talk to them, Eris." Walsh. His equals. "But that's all I can do. I will follow whatever orders are given to me."[break][break]

It's clear that he doesn't have high hopes.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 22:33:50 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She takes a breath in as if to speak, but finds that there's nothing more she can say about the matter. Everything comes down to Walsh, his mercy, his ideals, his grace. So she lets go of that breath, tapping at her mind to figure out what else she should update him on.[break][break]

"I can't put my finger on what exactly they might know about pa... but I have a feeling that some of the League higher ups..." What was it that she had sensed from their little conversations? "Some only know about the crystals, like Miss Melody. But some might already know that he's linked to Necrozma. And I've seen those crystals still moving under his skin..."[break][break]

She had seen how much control he had exerted over it and despite the implications, she can't help but smile to herself.[break][break]

"He'd be pretty indestructible if they tried to outright kill him." It's just a hunch, considering the things that she's seen Necrozma capable of. "I doubt they would try it but I'm pretty sure I'd be slipped a warning if Commissioner Dahlia ever changed their minds. And uh..."[break][break]

With her gaze stuck to her hand, she seems to be lifting her fingers as if ticking off the list of items that comes to mind.[break][break]

"We're given privacy most of the time. No reporters or guards it seems... but every now and then, a welfare worker drops by. Pa seems to get along well with them."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 6:41:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Necrozma.[break][break]

While its enduring presence within seems to comfort , it brings Gavin only bitterness and regret.[break][break]

"A welfare worker," Gavin echoes, latching onto this change of subject rather than dwelling on the murky past. "Do you know their name?"[break][break]

If Choi got along with them, perhaps they were a threat to his Rocket loyalties.[break][break]

Despite the darkness brewing in his thoughts, Gavin remains casual. The Lucario at his side seems to have taken an interest in Mesprit, two beings of emotion in their own right.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
crumble || c
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 11:45:13 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I do, but I can't give it if you might end up going after them." Such words are spoken without the slightest of hesitation, her gaze now focused solely on Gavin. If Mesprit hadn't been far more invested in the staring Lucario, there'd probably have been a chance where the pixie would have shared that same fixated gaze.[break][break]

"Not that they're incapable of handling themselves, but you hurting them might complicate things for pa and me too."[break][break]

She knows that someone, somewhere within the organisation must be a genius in collecting information, so her refusal to speak only delays the inevitable. But she has to make things as clear as possible if she wants to keep some semblance of normal in that little world crafted for her. And Mesprit only helps to embolden her, the pixie's brewing malice prickling at the minds of pokemon and Gavin alike.[break][break]

"I might help with some things, but not with hurting others."