Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Run-In With A True Hero [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 21:03:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Upper Slateport wasn't a place Isaac frequented often. He tended to prefer the more excitable, down to earth mood of Lower Slateport any day of the week. He was always more of a night life guy than the daytime type, and preferred open-air markets to malls or restaurants nine times out of ten. Ultimately, fancy just didn't strike his fancy.[break][break]

Sometimes, though, you just didn't feel like dealing with routes. Slateport's park was a rare spot of serenity in Hoenn's biggest city. There was nowhere better for quiet scenery and vibrant greenery, made all the more impressive by being built in the middle of a beachside city. Short of the functioning greenhouse Rocket somehow sustained on a submarine, it was one of the biggest accomplishments in unexpected plant growth Isaac could think of.[break][break]

All of this meant that, after a hard day of training and a harder day of partying, Isaac ended up turning to Upper Slateport's comforts for some much-needed rest. Nestling himself into s hammock slung between two trees, he eased his eyes shut, stifled a little yawn, and prepared to finally let himself drift off . . .[break][break]

The best part of weary travelers was that they never suspected a thing.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Sylvie
she/her
July 6
Accumula Town
Bisexual
Spy
Grunt
10 height
10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sylviacousteau
Sylvia Cousteau
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 0:01:51 GMT
Sylvia Cousteau Avatar
Thete came to be a heavy ball soon sailing past Isaac's head, causing the trees around his makeshift hammock to waggle a bit. Then came another set amount of stillness in the air as nothing else would follow. The peace that had surrounded the boy would continue from where it last left off and all was well within the world. At least until another medicine ball came hurtling towards the tree closest to Isaac's feet. The impact was enough to snap the tree in two, causing the hammock user to fall to the ground below. A few moments later, the sound of shoes running across the park would come closer to the man, as a redhead scurried closer and closer to offer her aid. A Mawile followed shortly after her. It's tongue hanging from the mouth on top of its head bounced along as it chased after its owner. It wasn't until she came near the medicine ball that the woman seemed to have all but ignored the once slumbering man in the trees.

[font color="eeee3b3b"Alright, good hit, Onna! You almost broke your personal best that time!"

She cheered and showed such affection for her pokemon before her eyes trailed up to the broken hammock laying in front of her. Sylvia looked at it for a second before then going over towards the man innthe ground and then putting two and two together. She offered the man some help, though held back while smiling at him. "Y'know, I think hammocks are supposed to be tied around trees and not the ground. Unless it's a picnic!"

"x"

[/font]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 18:14:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SKITTY APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NORMALIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORESIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASSIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KLEFKI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MAGICIAN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGIC ROOM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TORMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MAGNET RISE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 23:38:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The Mawile's personal best wasn't the only thing that broke. One minute, Isaac was enjoying his comfortable hammock rest. The next, his footing had fallen out from under him and he hit the ground with a surprised yelp. Dazed and confused, he slowly started to pull himself out of his sleep, his vision un-blurring just in time to notice the woman standing before him.[break][break]

She offered some help, but not before teasing him about the proper way to set up a hammock. Isaac looked first towards the broken tree, then towards the medicine ball, and finally back towards the woman. "Silly me. How could I forget?" he deadpanned, before accepting the woman's help and easing back onto his feet.[break][break]

Not that he could even be mad. Seeing someone gushing over their Pokemon like that was too adorable to take issue with. And Arceus knew he spoiled his own rotten, even when they got him into mess after mess.[break][break]

He looked towards the medicine ball, giving its weight a brief test with the side of his foot. Hot damn. That was kind of heavy. His eyes widened, impressed, before Isaac gave it a little roll over towards the woman and her Mawile. "Gonna guess you left this behind," he teased, shooting her a smile. "Must be a heck of a training day, huh?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Sylvie
she/her
July 6
Accumula Town
Bisexual
Spy
Grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sylviacousteau
Sylvia Cousteau
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 3:04:39 GMT
Sylvia Cousteau Avatar
Sylvia helped the man up before turning her attention back onto her Mawile, who she was smothering with affection and hugs! Sure she was a bug girl at heart, but Onna had always been a strong contender for being her favorite non bug person on the team. "Who's so cute and deadly? You are! Yes you are!~" She brought the fairy type up for a tight hug, Onna's head mouth grinning in elation as the tongue prodding her face to dote upon Sylvia. At the man addressing the both of them, she laughed softly and watched as Onna waddled to the medicine ball rolled over to her. The head mouth grabbed the ball in its mouth, chewing on it happily as its teeth sunk into the ball though didn't pop it.

"Hehe, sorry about the tree. We were just training for work. I'm Sylvia." she said with a playful wink, "And she's Onna. It's nice to meet you."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 6:33:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TAUROS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAYBACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HERACROSS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GUTS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HORN ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGAHORN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COUNTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHIP AWAY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 15:20:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Ah, don't sweat it. What's a good workout without a few destroyed trees?" Pokemon were astonishingly powerful creatures. Sometimes, Isaac was amazed that they didn't end up bulldozing their own habitats with their feats of strength.[break][break]

Maybe humans could learn a thing or two from them.[break][break]

"Anyway, I'm Isaac. Nice to meet ya." Isaac flashed Sylvia a grin, his own Pokemon still waiting in their Pokeballs for the time being. Who knows? Maybe she'd be able to meet the rest of the bunch in short order.[break][break]

After all, the sickly sweet smell of sap was wafting from the broken tree. Who knew what sort of Pokemon that may end up attracting?[break][break]

For now, though, Isaac was content to pick his hammock back up and keep the small talk going. "Training for work, eh?" he asked, his grin taking a turn for the teasing. "Weird. You don't look like the lumberjack type to me."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Sylvie
she/her
July 6
Accumula Town
Bisexual
Spy
Grunt
10 height
10 height
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sylviacousteau
Sylvia Cousteau
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 23:44:41 GMT
Sylvia Cousteau Avatar
"Isaac. That's a cute name." Sylvia observed, grinning alongside the man while she and Onna stood before him. The scent of the sickly sweet sap seeping from the tree had no doubt left many infatuated with what was producing a really good smell. Sylvia herself even would seem to glance over at the sappy interior of the tree and kneel down alongside her Pokemon. "Oooh, I studied this stuff! It's similar to Life Dew that some Pokemon eat. But this stuff is waaaaay more bitter. Healthy though." she stuck a finger in, dipped it inside of the sap and took a taste. While she seemed all merry about it, it was pretty clear that it was a but too sour for her.

"Oh right! Sorry, I do that thing a lot. Hyperfocusation or something…Anyway, I'm an aspiring Pokemon Daycare Attendant. I just love hanging out with Pokemon all day, but I wanna be a breeder too. Or a Ranger. Gosh, I don't know what I want to do for work!"

The smell of the sap had attracted a large shadow from the trees as Sylvia's expression would change. She let out a screech of admiration while pointing at a Heracross currently getting closer for the sap. "EEEEEEEEH! A Heracross! Look at its horn! That cross shaped horn means that this big one is a guy! Girls tend to have heart shaped ones. But look at how beetle-like it is! It's so cuuuute!~ Onna, get ready to launch that ball again."

The Mawile perked up, aiming its large mouth head at the bug type while it would scutter closer and suddenly rear up to defend itself. The wings came out in full glory as it let out a cry of battle. Sylvia looked so entranced by the act, grinning ear to ear while pointing at it. "Go for it, Onna!" The fairy type spat the ball into the air before slamming its mouth head into the back, sending the medicine ball to slam right into the Heracross. While it was stunned, Sylvia went to grab an empty Pokeball and throw it at the stunned Heracross, catching the Pokemon instantly.

"Sorry, I got excited. What are you doing out here? Besides getting some R&R?~"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 21:02:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TAILLOW APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SCRAPPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WING ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WIGGLYTUFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GYRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOCKPILE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISABLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] HEAL PULSE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE HERACROSS!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 18:36:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Was it a cute name? That wasn't something Isaac had ever thought about before, if he was being honest. A light blush dusted his cheeks, if one half born from surprise. Nevertheless, he returned a confident grin. "Heh, thanks."[break][break]

As they spoke, the girl shared more about what she was studying for. Apparently, what she was studying for didn't just involve working out, but also running a daycare, serving as a Ranger, and . . . eating sap right out of a tree? Huh. Sylvia was a strange one, but frankly Isaac didn't mind. If anything, she was already a blast to talk to![break][break]

Even if she was making Isaac wonder if he should've been feeding Pokemon Life Dew instead of just tossing it at them.[break][break]

"Y'know, I know a few Rangers," Isaac said. By this point, he actually knew a lot of Rangers! Probably more Rangers than he had any business knowing as a member of Rocket, but even the few who knew his secret seemed to like him well enough. "If you end up going that way, I can put in a good word for ya."[break][break]

Career ambition discussions would have to wait, though. A Heracross showed up, and Sylvia faced it with just as much passion as she did training, job planning, and eating sap. It reared up in a threat display, but before it could defend the food it claimed Onna smacked it upside the head with a medicine ball. It was dazed and confused, and Sylvia was able to catch it in a single, graceful throw.[break][break]

"Nice shot-" Isaac started, not even noticing the whistling sound of a ball hurtling for his own head until it was too late.[break][break]

BONK! Isaac hit the ground like a sack of potatoes as the makeshift medicine ball crashed into him. Luckily, it wasn't nearly as heavy and solid as the real deal, poofing into a cloud of dirt as soon as it made contact. Isaac grumbled, adjusting himself just in time to see a Wigglytuff snickering from the treeline.[break][break]

"You do realize," Isaac said, dusting himself off and prying himself off of the ground. "This means war."[break][break]

The Wigglytuff pulled down a taunting eyelid, but as he was distracted messing around Isaac was fishing a Pokeball off of his belt. An Alolan Marowak popped onto the scene, brandishing its glazing Bone Club towards the challenger. "Duster, beat it at its own game!" Isaac said, pointing towards the Wigglytuff.[break][break]

What followed was almost less battle and more a springtime snowball fight, Duster rebuilding the dirt ball and Flinging it right at the Wigglytuff. It took the direct hit like a champ, wiping dirt out of its eyes before Copycatting the toss once more. Back and forth they went, seeing who could hit the other more times. The Wigglytuff had the element of surprise, but Duster had iron discipline and lightning reflexes. It was anyone's match.[break][break]

Before long, the Wigglytuff hopped out of the treeline, waving a leaf like a white flag. As it did, Isaac tossed a Pokeball right towards it, ready to make one of his first captures in a good, long while.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights