snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 4:02:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she can't remember the last time they've had a date.

well, that's not exactly true. they do dates all the time, really, but those are more staying at home tangled up with each other and binge watching whatever show sounds interesting at the time.

this time, they're going out and it's a bit silly but she feels nerves as she finishes her makeup. pulling on a cute dress brings butterflies.

and checking her appearance in the reflection of every mirror in her house comes with a light giddiness.

the doorbell pulls her out of the girlishness of it all and she opens it a moment later, smile already bright.

"hey, right on time!"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 6:37:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Has Felix ever felt nervous?

Not really. Or, at least, if he had it was a memory already forgotten by all the terror that followed after it. Assurance was what brought him through the day, and it was assurance that bled in all that he did. But, as he walked up the steps of 's Lilycove apartment, there was no evading the way his heart stomped.

His grip tightened around the bouquet of flowers he'd brought along. A few of its petals had already spilled, trailing behind him in a makeshift memory of his path to her.

He knocked on the door, solid and spaced out.

"I'm glad."

The flowers are pushed forward, toward her.

"For you."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 17:46:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the flush rises quickly, like clockwork. it spreads softly until her complexion is a rosy pink.

"oh, they're so pretty!"

her smile widens and she shifts to let him into the house, eyes shifting between him and the flowers.

"here, let me find a vase quick..."

she should have one around somewhere.

the door is shut behind him as she leads him toward the kitchen to begin rummaging through cabinets. once a vase is found, a structure of light pink and green glass, she turns toward felix with a triumphant grin.

"got it!"

she reaches for the flowers, then, to begin placing them inside the vase and adding water... she'd prefer to keep them alive while they're out. they're too pretty not to.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 1:55:24 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"They're already cut at the end, so they should last a while."

It was something had recommended to him. It had taken a while to prepare, longer than he would've liked, but in the end, he was left with a cute bundle of flowers that were primed for a long future.

Clicking the door close behind him, Felix followed her to the kitchen. He took to the entryway, leaning against its beams as she collected the flowers and vase, putting them together in a nice arrangement.

"I'm glad you like them. They reminded me of you."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 2:56:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she arranges and then rearranges the flowers until they look perfect. pristine. the vase compliments them further.

and she turns away from him for a moment to place the vase on her kitchen counter, a soft smile rising once they're positioned.

"did they?"

the smile widens.

"any particular reason why?"

she hadn't believed herself to be a flower kind of girl before, let alone worthy of receiving a bouquet for a simple occasion. it's nice, she realizes, and it leaves a soft fluttering of butterflies in her stomach.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 4:45:44 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The bouquet was a combination of petunias and Pansies and Marigolds, all colorful in their own right.

"I was told they are all resilient in their own ways."

He smiled softly, reaching out to trace the curve of her shoulder. Her skin felt soft beneath his touch.

"Just like you."

Regardless of what came for her, he knew to be one to claw her way back on top. There was no force too powerful to overtake her resolve, no situation too dire. It was one of the reasons why he loved her.

@illena

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 4:59:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]heat rises in her cheeks as soon as his explanation meets air.

and the rosy color deepens with an innocent touch. her shoulder feels warm, overly so, beneath his fingers.

"you're sweet."

incorrect, perhaps, in her eyes but sweet nonetheless.

she doesn't feel resilient anymore. she just feels battered and bruised.

no matter, that is not something she wants to indulge in. not tonight, not in front of him.

her body turns to reach for his, to press into his side like all those times before.

"are you ready?"

they still have a date to go on, after all.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 14:52:54 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Whether she saw it or not didn't matter. To Felix, it was true, and over time he believed she'd come to trust him in this as well.

"I'm ready."

His hand reached downward, dangling in front of hers. There was already a parked car up front, with their destination awaiting no more than 10 minutes away.

From her apartment to the restaurant, nothing out of the ordinary occurred. They walked to the car, hand in hand. He opened the door for her, both during their arrival and departure from the vehicle. And, when they did manage to reach the restaurant, he'd opted for Valet, just to save a few extra minutes.

Their entrance was greeted by a hostess that took their reservation with a wide, open smile. In the matter of seconds, they were seated at the corner of the building, where a great view of the lake spanned all around them, outshining any and every piece of decor that adorned the dining room.

It was then Felix finally asked, "What do you think?'

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 16:33:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the car ride there is pleasant, comfortable, quiet.

and even getting into the restaurant holds the same sort of nature. a soft warmth. it persists long after they have been seated.

the lake is gorgeous. she can't quite tear her eyes away from the view. it's romantic, even... and the resulting brightness in her smile is telling long before she answers his question.

"it's beautiful."

perfect, actually.

"thank you for bringing me here."

he didn't have to, really. she would've been happy even in a mcdonalds as long as he was with her.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 17:45:35 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Of course."

It brightened his heart to hear her budding pleasure. The restaurant had been one he'd searched high and low for, as it varied far from his typical night out.

If he ever went out to eat, it was typically at a steakhouse or some fast food joint. But for Illeana, he wanted to go beyond the typical. She deserved as much. More, even.

"My boss recommended this place," he explained, sliding his menu closer to his side of the table. "So, if the food isn't great, we can blame him."

A small joke he could only make with her.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 3:13:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a small smile rises at the joke.

it's still a little awkward, sure, but she can giggle about it now. the time for fighting has come and gone.

now, they exist in a peaceful bubble, tucked away in their own little dimension within the restaurant.

"i'm sure it'll be great."

really, it even smells good in here. her stomach growls softly with the realization.

and as she begins to reach for her menu, her eyes never quite stray from his.

"any idea what you're going to get?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 2:22:04 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Probably a steak."

Ribeye, Filet Mignon, sirloin, T bone - it didn't quite matter, as long as it was cooked Medium rare and served with a side of mashed potatoes. Or just Potatoes. He wasn't picky.

Eyes gliding across the parchment menu, it took no effort to find the list of their steaks. Finger encircling one of the options, his eyes returned back to hers, curiosity gleaming between the circles of green.

"How about you?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
heart out
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 3:55:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]where he is not picky, she is.

her eyes scan over the menu with precision, cutting away parts she doesn't find appealing until she settles on the pasta dishes.

and while some people might not be pasta enjoyers, she very much is.

"um, maybe gnocchi?"

she hums softly, taking one last glance over the menu before dragging her eyes back up to meet his.

"are you gonna get fries?"

so she can steal them from his plate while he's focused on his steak, obviously.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
heart out
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:50:04 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
He knew her so well.

To that, he smiled.

"Yes."

A double order, to be exact. Knowing her habits, he'd have to account for the string of mysteriously vanishing fries.

"Should we get an appetizer too?"

Hopefully one of the more fried varieties.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
heart out
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 2:23:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she grins.

"good, i was kinda craving them."

only if they're on his plate, though. somehow, they don't taste as good unless you're plucking them from another's dish.

her eyes drop to scan over the appetizers again.

"um maybe fried mozz? jalapeno poppers sound good too, though."

he has the final say, she decides, as her eyes refocus on his.