awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
revenant
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 22:55:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
an expeditionary camp is set up some ways away from her. hardened trainers prepare to trek through the rippling portal above mt. pyre. she'd been one of those souls a few weeks ago. she has not yet returned. 

the air is hot and dry, leaving her with a cracked throat and chapped lips. she takes a swig from her water bottle and travels down the path she came from. she hadn't meant to land here; an errand had brought her around the mountain's bulk on her way back to slateport. 

but she has the strangest suspicion she's being followed. lyune, she drew back into his ball and fitted him back to her choker. aeris darts through the budding tree branches as covertly as possible, keeping an eye on her mistress as freya ambles down the path.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
revenant
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 23:06:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

[break][break]
The name felt foreign on her tongue, like a baked dish packed in deep with spice. When she first heard someone mention her, Penelope recalled a few documents she'd dove into upon her initial appointment. Back then, it meant nothing more than any other report submitted to HQ, but now, after learning a bit more about those involved, it drew out a newfound curiosity for the hurricane of a woman.
[break][break]
Transitioning from the back of her Staraptor to the saddle of her Mudsdale, Penelope made no effort to conceal her presence as she trekked down the dirt road.
[break][break]
Drawing within range, she called out, her voice cutting through the arid air.
[break][break]
"Need a lift?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
revenant
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 6:47:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
aeris stirs in the trees as the woman nears, but a sharp click of freya's tongue stills her for now. curiosity begets her. she stares down at her as she nears rather than answering her immediately. distrust scratches at her, all the more so when she recognizes the woman as a member of the council. 

"if i wanted to be elsewhere, i could," she says.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
revenant
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 1:43:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Fair enough."
[break][break]
The distrust was picked up immediately, half due to her understanding of it and half due to the sheer openness with which she shared it. Penelope, in turn, replied with the natural warmth of a smile. Eyes bright like a vixen stared back, alluring in all the most dangerous ways.
[break][break]
"I'm guessing you're heading to slateport then? Business, or just looking for a fun night out?"
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
revenant
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 1:57:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

if this is one of matias' sympathizers, she's made a mistake of announcing herself to freya. but the woman has long since given up on the idea that anyone would be coming after her for any repercussions. it's a fine example of just how far the league has fallen. 

"i was watching the rifts, actually," she says. it pleases her to know the beast she rides will have to match her slow pace so she turns, hands clasped behind her back as she walks. 

"and you, councilwoman? is mt. pyre your idea of a fun night out?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
revenant
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 23:16:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Sympathizer was a strong label to be placed onto one's forehead, but given her current entanglements with the elite four member, it wasn't the furthest thing from the truth.
[break][break]

Still, Penelope regarded herself well off enough not to suffocate on her own biases. Whether that assessment of her own perspective was valid or not was still up for debate.
[break][break]

"Not exactly, but I've found myself well off by the company alone," she smiled, eyes gleaming, "did you find anything of interest with the rifts today?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
revenant
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 3:36:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya eyes her with furrowed brows, probing for her angle. if she's not here about , she's most certainly not here for casual conversation. she'd believe the councilwoman would come seeking her advice of council before popping down for a casual chat, and the former is a none zero chance. 

"no," she says. "nothing there save for fools and ghosts."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
revenant
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 4:15:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Fools and ghosts," she echoed back, nodding.
[break][break]

It spoke mountains of the kind of woman Freya was and the kind of woman she was not.
[break][break]

Interesting.
[break][break]

"A harsh sentencing. I take it you're no fan of the league's expeditions then?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
revenant
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 23:35:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"all those people up there are just wood for the flame," she says grimly. the requirements to assign oneself to an expedition team are laughable. league personnel wait on the other side of the rifts, ready to relieve the expeditioners of their treasures.

"you know," freya says, "i'm suddenly reminded of why i so keenly despised reporters while in office. i wish you would get to the point, councilwoman."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
revenant
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 20:33:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She took the snide remark in stride. Far worse labels had befallen onto her by far worse people.
[break][break]

And it wasn't like she completely disagreed with the notion.
[break][break]

"Why must there be a point," she resided in a light-hearted chuckle, "isn't it enough to know that I'm simply enjoying our meeting? It isn't every day you run into one of Hoenn's previous council members"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
revenant
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 20:10:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"no?" she says with feigned surprise. "we tend to go through so many of them." just like their gym leaders. and who, besides the good commissioner, has been a constant since the beginning? .

there is a dry, rotting taste in her mouth. guilt flushed with anger and abjection. 

"tell me, am i everything you hoped and dreamed i would be?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
revenant
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 1:29:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

So many of them, she wanted to echo, and yet few are as interesting as the legends surrounding .
[break][break]
Instead, she allowed herself to smile, dipping a head into a soft ladle of laughter.
[break][break]
"You're just as I expected."
[break][break]
Wild, vicious, and free.
[break][break]
Traits so bastardly desirable, made all the more dangerous.
[break][break]
"I would like to learn a bit more, though. if you'll allow it."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
revenant
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 17:58:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and she wonders what those expectations had been. she does not voice the inquiry, though, and allows it to eat away at the back of her mind. idly, her fingers trail to the bump under her shirt, where rayquaza's onyx scale lay hidden.

"i've nothing to teach," she says with a raised brow. "unless you want to tame dragons." after a moment: "but i'll humour you."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
revenant
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 15:24:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

That was all that she needed.
[Break][break]
Even in the harshest conditions, beneath the most treacherous rainfalls or winds, all one required to cultivate a flame was one spark. One flash of color between flint and stone.
[Break][break]
"Why did you leave the league?"
[Break][break]
Reports were bulky and littered with falsehoods. They spoke of the truth the teller wanted to portray. Today, Penelope wanted to hear from the source herself.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,627 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
revenant
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 15:40:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

surprise makes her brows spring up. something dark flashes over her face - a mixture of guilt and anger and hurt. but then she looks away, out over the side of the trail they walk on, where the early morning fog over the trees is still dissipating.

"that's a loaded question," she says while she mulls it over. 

"i was weak, councilwoman. and i'll spend the rest of my days making up for abandoning my people when they needed me most." she gives her a side-eye. "but if this is about loyalty - hoenn has it. its citizens have it."