TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 5:35:32 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

Unease. That's the feeling, the rhythm of his foot tapping with an excess and surplus of energy, and he wants it gone. Dammit, he wants it gone. Maybe it's the fact that literally the other day, they squared off and he felt the excitement and rush of battle. It isn't the fact he learned about his birth father's whereabouts, and where he would be in a few weeks. Not even the feeling in his chest he's getting by the idea of what comes after.[break][break]

It's the fact that, this is big shit. This isn't just a small time candy shop shoot out with a traitor, this is a bank heist. This will make waves, and waves upon those waves. A tsunami storm. Worth the price? Yeah. Probably. It's probably worth it, but after their duel the other night, Ashley feels trepidation.[break][break]

This isn't something one just shakes off. What happens on that mission, it might haunt him. It might haunt Kepler. There's unease as his hands shake, he's staring forward, silver eyes dead ahead.[break][break]

A small paw rests on his arm, as Ashley looks up. Sunny is there, with Luigi and Nacho giving him a concerned look.[break][break]

Ash smirks. He doesn't usually smirk this confidently, but maybe Zev's training had done him something after all. He had learned how to be smarter, to think more, to be better. He still isn't over his general disdain for human suffering, or Pokemon suffering. But he's at least able to do it without an issue. All it required was channeling the man who caused him the most trauma. Who he actually saw like a father, even if it wasn't reciprocated.[break][break]

"It's okay, guys. Really." He turns his head back, and his foot is already tapping again. And again. Dammit, he can't stand still. He gets up, he stretches. Nope, not even that. He literally just worked out a storm, hell, he needs a shower.[break][break]

"Come on, Isaac." He's got too much energy to burn.[break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash uneasily is unable to sit straight. His three amigos are worried.[break]
- Even so, he waits for Isaac for the heist of a lifetime.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 13:29:47 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Ah, the sub. Isaac's favorite location.[break][break]

By this point in his life, the sub had gone from home base to obligation. It was hard to blame him. The novelty of having an actual bed had died down now that he had a home to call his own. With his expanded social network and drastically increased confidence, he no longer relied on the Grunts to be his sole batch of friends. Worse still, the traumas he had experienced and the doubts he had felt turned its cold, iron walls and deep sea pressures from a comfort to a cage.[break][break]

Nowadays there were three reasons to visit the sub. The first was to hit the job boards, because even if he was too busy nowadays to meet his previous insatiable pace he still needed to pull his weight. The second was to train, because there were few better places in the region to cut loose with little to know risk.[break][break]

The third was by request, which is what brought him here with Ashley today.[break][break]

The man was energized in a way Isaac hadn't seen before. Ash always had that lowkey vibe to him that Isaac secretly envied. Triumphs and tragedies alike passed with a shrug and a smile. To see him this pent up was new. Part of him was glad to see it, because Isaac was always fond of people he cared about being happy and passionate.[break][break]

Yet part of him felt a strange, creeping dread.[break][break]

Nevertheless, he followed in Ash's footsteps, just as he always had and always would. "Alright, alright, I'm coming," he teased, having been ushered along for like the fifth time today. "So, are you gonna tell me what's going on before you explode, or what?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 21:30:52 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

His voice did get Ashley in a better state of mind. It provided him stability. Ground. An earth. He felt like he was floating, especially today. His head turns, but his eyes look past Isaac a moment. He's sweating. Why is he sweating? Ashley wipes his brow.[break][break]

Sunny hops onto his shoulder, seated patiently, as Nacho and Luigi look towards Isaac curiously.[break][break]

"Yeah." His gaze focuses finally on Isaac. There's that dread, like he's about to tell Isaac that he's done something wrong. Well, not yet anyways. The room is silent, deafeningly so. He takes a breath in and out, ground himself here in the sub. The sub that feels thousands of feet long but smaller than any box imaginable. Like a prison.[break][break]

He throws two files down onto a small table, and spits it out. "I said it as a joke before. But this time I'm serious." His eyes narrow, but his smile doesn't disappear. In fact, he looks cunning now.[break][break]

"Let's rob a bank. You. Me. Cygne. Heck, these two as well. We can give half to Rocket, and then split it five ways." he declares. The two folders containing dossiers of and .[break][break]

He'd let Isaac take that one first. See how he liked the taste of literal pay-dirt.[break]

, , , [break][break]

NOTES

- Ash reveals his plan to Isaac. Mentions wanting to bring Cygne to help.[break]
- Has files on Makoto and Gerald, two Rockets he thinks won't mind to help.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 15:04:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Before the war, before the disaster, before the last few months had sent Isaac's life into a tailspin of uncertainty, Ash had mentioned their next adventure should be heisting a bank. At the time, Isaac figured it had been a pie in the sky dream, half-deliriously laughed about after braving the horrors of a haunted mansion.[break][break]

The dread of the Butcher was far different from the dread that hung in the sub's stagnant air. One was an inescapable flight or fight feeling, like being in the gaze of a hungering predator as its hot breath brushed past your skin and its talons sunk around you. The other was more weight, pressure, ever-present and inescapable. It was gravity, grabbing tightly onto any object it took hold of and pressing inward until there was little left but dust.[break][break]

It was such a relief to Isaac when Ash cut through the tension with something as simple as a bank heist.[break][break]

Not that bank heists were simple. If anything, they were so intricate and complicated that entire movies had been made about them. However, it was far simpler on Isaac's conscience than some of the more militarized plans Rocket had been implementing lately. No murders. No purges. No warfare. Just get in, get grabbing, get out. Simple.[break][break]

Before Isaac could even weigh in, Ash ripped out a pair of dossiers. He already had a crew in mind and everything. Had he been marinating on this plan since the Truesdales? It was as if Ash's commitment and loyalty to Rocket grew, day by day.[break][break]

"If they're getting half, then we're taking advantage of their resources," Isaac pointed out. He wasn't just going to pay Rocket for the privilege of existing. Not if they had no hand in their plan. "And if we find any collateral in the vaults, we figure out where its best off going." After all, the best vaults had more than just fat stacks of cash tucked away.[break][break]

With his two points made, Isaac mulled over the idea of the crew. Cygne, in his completely unbiased opinion, was a no brainer. "Cyg's brilliant," he said without even a moment of hesitation. "Her inventions and ghost types should open up a lot of avenues we'd have no access to otherwise."[break][break]

The next name on the list was an old friend and a pleasant surprise. "I've worked with Gerald a few times before. He's got a hell of a sharp eye and a real powerful team. If you need a lookout and some backup muscle, he's your guy." However, he couldn't help but remember them having to lie low for a bit after the Winters job. "Just be careful. When he goes in hot, he goes in hot. That might get some attention on us.[break][break]

The last name was an unknown, but far from one unsuited for the job. A heist, ultimately, was just thievery on a large scale, and rhey seemed to be a very promising thief. "We've got a good chance of slipping in and out undetected with this one on board," Isaac pointed out. "Far as I can tell, you've got a real good crew in mind. And something tells me you've been sweating the rest of the details, too."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,311 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 14:56:08 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]She hated this goddamn sub.

But still, she had to marvel at the technology. A seemingly endless playing field of chrome and pressure valves. Obvious enough to be a beacon to the League but not important enough to be carpet-bombed out of existence. Stepping onto it felt like stepping into a trap, her little Rattata feetsies reaching for the sunflower-seed-laden peanut butter that would stick her to her doom once the wire square snapped down on her spine.

They could have done this anywhere else. Really, they could have.

She knows she hasn’t been invited in for a dinner date, though, so she stopped to pick up sustenance on the way. God only knows why the boys she’s somehow collected refuse to let her take care of them, but she’s not about to let that stop her.

Banana Phone is a here-again gone-again hum in her ear as she steps through the pneumatic doors and tosses the large, brown bag of assorted bagels and spreads on a nearby table. The energy was electric, almost enough to produce a buzz to match the fluorescents in their tubular casings glowing from above.

She kisses Isaac softly on the side of his head, then says, “You look like you’re about to explode, Ash. Eat a carbohydrate.”
[attr="class","thadtag"]
[attr="class","thadpoke"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 1:32:26 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Isaac's eyes hit the dossiers, and Ashley's arms are crossed the whole time. This was an easy sell. A lot easier than he initially thought it would be. An infinitesimally small part of Ashley believed Isaac maybe have too good of a heart for something as potentially damning as a heist.[break][break]

Milk runs don't exist in the world of crime. Something always goes wrong.[break][break]

Still. The team he has in mind, composed of Isaac, Cygne, Gerald, Makoto, and himself? Should be solid. Cygne? Brilliant mind, Isaac agrees. There's the added bonus that she could make sure no more eye-related injuries happened. Mostly due to his own guilt and shame did it happen in the first place.[break][break]

Gerald and Makoto were there as well, and Ashley gives a curt nod at Isaac. He'd never met Gerald, but the idea was to have some more muscle on the floor when the heat comes on. As for Makoto? Someone who can open deposit boxes easily would be preferable to get everything they needed.[break][break]

Isaac asks for details, and just as Ashley opens his mouth, the door opens. Just who he wanted to see, Ashley's lips turn up to a grin. "Sunshine. Glad you could make it." Her jab of him about to explode isn't incorrect, but its the anxiety that comes with it that has his feet unable to stand still. But one look into that beautiful brown tasty bag of bagel goodness is enough for him to stop. "And these, Isaac, are two reasons why I love your better half. Perfect dramatic timing, and bagels." It's a joke, really, but he can't argue with facts. Cygne saved their asses from hospital food too after Mt. Pyre. Woman was truly sunshine on a rainy day.[break][break]

That bagel, that cream cheese, put it together, and Arceus would smile, surely.[break][break]

After helping himself, he starts getting into the metaphorical meta and potatoes. A bite into his bagel, and delight. "Really, I'll be sure to cook for you two on a date one of these days." But as he puts the bagel down, he really starts tearing in.[break][break]

"We're just talking about a bank heist. I wanted to ask you to join in too, Cygne." He takes a moment to let that sink in, give her some time to put some two cents in. Once he had gotten that out though, he closes his eyes. "Split five ways, we would be well in the millions, even if half is given to Rocket as a gesture of good faith. As such, like Isaac said, we use tech from them." Now came for the important bits though.[break][break]

The pushback.[break][break]

"As for the bank itself. Security seems a little on the heavy side. From my scouting, I noticed six security guards on a rotation, two working at any given time on the floor. My guess is that a third is usually watching cameras at all times, so we have to think of a way in." It gets worse too. Gesturing to his phone, the Rotom that stayed inside, Pulse, popped up, and opening the screen, displays to the duo a basic floorplan of the bank. The many lines to the teller windows, offices, a conference room, and of course, the stairs that led to the vault.[break][break]

"Pokemon I took notice of were Houndours and Gastlys. Dogs for the smell and ferocity, and the ghosts are to make sure no one tries to infiltrate the walls. So it's not exactly the easiest to move around them." Ashley has a plan though. "I don't have the full detail on security, but Gastlys can phase through most things. Except for cleanse tags. Therefore, if we have some on us before we go in, we can isolate the vault hallway from the gassy visitors. It means we're left with Houndours." Then came a crude suggestion. "I do know there are treats that help calm dog Pokemon. I'm not suggesting poison, but-"[break][break]

Turning his head, he just gives a smile. "But that's also not accounting for the Copperajah in the room with the cameras and security systems. Hence, I need people who know tech. I'd ask Kep, but I won't let him come in his condition." Ashley cared too much for his dork to let him hurt himself on the mission. No chance in hell was Kep going.[break][break]

"How about it? Want to make some paydirt?" It's an honest question.[break]

, [break][break]

NOTES

- Ash goes into the plan, and thanks Cygne for the food.[break]
- He asks the two of them if they want to get some money.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 4:34:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac turned to return Cygne's kiss, quick, warm, and loving. "My hero~" he said, half to her and half to the delicious bag of bagels she lobbed onto the table. "Glad you could make it. We couldn't do this without you."[break][break]

Maybe they could, though Isaac would never want to. Hell, maybe Ash could without any of them. Ash had thought this plan through to a real deep level. It was like since he'd came up with the idea months ago, he'd been honing it to a fine point. He didn't stop at getting dossiers. He scouted basic intel on the location. He identified its preferred security Pokemon. He'd even come up with some basic countermeasures. He could've come into this alone with a gaggle of complete randos, and he'd still be able to say with confidence that he had this shit figured out.[break][break]

Isaac wondered how much was that Kanto Rocket mentality resurfacing, and how much was new heights of deviousness he'd only now unlocked.

"I'd be careful on anything like that," Isaac warned, as Ash didn't say they'd be using poison. "Bodies leave a trail. And that trail could lead back to us. Not only would security be on high alert, but they'd also be coming at us with a hell of a grudge."[break][break]

They wouldn't be the only ones upset over the senseless deaths of innocent Pokemon, either.[break][break]

"Far as I can tell, best defense is not getting caught in the first place. Not only is it gonna save us from dealing with a mess in the short term, but we're not gonna have to lay low in the long run, either. Money's a lot harder to spend when it's got blood all over it."[break][break]

How much of this was genuine warnings, and how much was trying to spare his gentle heart the worst case scenario? On one hand, it was true that there was only five of them against Arceus knows how many guards, plus anyone that would be attracted in the chaos. Avoiding that fight until they could leverage it into a chase sounded like the best option. On the other hand, Isaac just had no interest in trading lives for quick monetary gain.[break][break]

At least he was among loved ones. He knew they'd understand.[break][break]

"Cyg, didn't you say you had that security footage looper device? Between that, a cleanse tagging on the halls, and whatever distractions we can bring for the Houndours, we should be able to make it in pretty deep before anyone realizes what's up."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / +

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,311 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 21:39:52 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]“Never underestimate the power of bread.”

Cyg leans back against the table, elbows wide, as she considers.

“A bank, huh.” She cocks her head. “I’ve done a jewelry store and a candy shop and the mall, twice. A bank presents its own unique set of difficulties.” More security, and different security. Passwords and door locks and shit.

The promise of a million dollars has her ears perked. “Holy shit,” she breathes, sitting forward. “That is-- way more than I thought you were going to say, Arceus on a pony.” Ash really wasn’t pulling any punches.

Ash goes on to list all the measures of security the bank has in place.

“Clever of them to use ghosts,” Cyg said, with the tiniest bit of a pout because, hey, that had been her idea. She does frown at the idea of using poison. “Nah, we don’t need to do anything that crazy. Hypnosis, trick room, illusions… we have some space to play in.”

She nods at Isaac when he mentions her loop tech. “Yeah, I still have that. It has its flaws but in a controlled environment, it is useful. Oh, and--,” she fished for a Pokeball in her jacket pocket-- “I want you to meet--,”

MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS appeared in a flash of light, the Porgyon2 gazing placidly around. Banana Phone buzzed excitedly and did little electric loops around their friend.

“Between PYLONS and B.P, it should make things pretty easy. I have a whole lotta ghosts, too. Eulalia, Zenaïs, even Lisbet… they’re all experienced at breaking and entering. If Sinistree was a little quieter she might be able to help control the Gastly’s but asking her to use her brain is like squeezing blood from a fucking stone.”

She pulled her hair back and looked at Ash. “Is it just us three?”

[attr="class","thadtag"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 23:27:13 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

So true. Bread? Bread was powerful. Tasty. Delicious. It fills his stomach, and after cold winters on the streets, Ashley knew the power. And cream cheese was like a delicious luxury icing atop of it. This bagel fucked.[break][break]

The actual talk on the bank has a serious look in his eyes, a glint even as he places his hands together. He had thought of everything, yes, but he knows no job is as easy as it can be. For every avenue he thought of, with security Pokemon, technological advancement, there was always an armed guard at the wrong place, or a laser-grid system meant to trigger an alarm. Ashley doesn't know the basement, because that access is typically denied, meaning by time they get to the vault, that's where it goes wrong.[break][break]

Milk runs don't exist.[break][break]

He keeps it in his mind as Cygne and Isaac speak. Ash is smirking. The toothy grin is gone, there's just confidence. A man who is confident could pull any bullshit off and call it part of the plan. That was a quarter of the heist already solved. Cygne and Isaac were already doing groundwork too. He's happy he doesn't have to poison some dogs, and what with Cygne covering through the potential space to play, it only proves he was right in his desire to bring Cygne. Isaac too, because he does prove a valid point; killing would mean that money is frozen. The moment blood is involved, that money has to be laundered and trickled in.[break][break]

The thought does leave a bad taste in Ashley's mouth. He suddenly had a bad feeling.[break][break]

Cygne's question does have him respond by opening the files on and . He gestures. "Nah. These two should be the only Rockets we need with us. Gerald has some muscle, and if things go south, we need to make a way out. Between the five of us... we can do it without spilling too much blood."[break][break]

He points to Makoto next. "On the other hand, they're perfect to slip in and out too. We need someone who can slip out of the building undetected." It was to get the escape vehicle, or Pokemon ready to go. As Ash sees it, if they were to succeed in this heist, they needed that last one. If they wanted to live, and go home to see their loved ones at all, they needed every avenue covered they possibly could.[break][break]

Taking a moment to grab Pulse, Ash goes to his home screen. His background, a picture of Kepler he finds comfort in. His smile returns completely, before silver eyes shoot back to the couple.[break][break]

"My recommendation? All kinds of Pokemon are needed here. Big, small, experienced preferably. Anything that might help. A full team of six for each of us." Some powerhouses, some to fit in tight spaces. "I don't know what it's like under the bank, and at the vault. We need a means to open it too. A Fire Type would be nice, but a drill might even do us better, especially if we can make it silent..."[break][break]

Then the kicker.[break][break]

"I want to be perfectly transparent. Commercial banks don't have that much in them typically, but we're hitting an investment bank. They handle corporations, and this one is tied to a particular Unovan business that happens to have a branch in Mauville. The banks are stated to insur two-hundred and fifty grand if anything happens to that money, so judging from that, the bank itself will have the money to hurt from this-" And then comes the turn of his hand, as he swipes to a spreadsheet he has prepared for this exact process. He stares at the numbers to ensure he isn't talking out his ass before continuing.[break][break]

"-assuming this is the case, theoretically, the bank should have above a commercial banks typical two-hundred grand. That's why we hit them over a commercial. Take from the rich, give to the poor, Robin Hood would be proud. A million for each of us to walk away with, and five mil for Rocket."[break][break]

And, it would be a huge middle finger to his father, who worked at said corp, but well. That didn't necessarily need to be said. "Questions?"

, [break][break]

NOTES

- Bagel... with cream cheese.[break]
- Ash listens to Cygne and Isaac's small pushback, with their plans to hit the joint.[break]
- Introduces the dossiers to Cygne on Gerald and Makoto![break]
- Makes recommendations on big and small Pokemon. Who knows?[break]
- Tells the difference between commercial and investment banks, and might be getting at his father's company a little.[break]
- Ashley bitter arc, lets go.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 6:23:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Right?" Isaac said in response to Cygne's surprise at Ash's preparation. "I was expecting groundwork, and this guy walks in with a three story building. But, hey. That just means we're already making progress."[break][break]

That was helped all the more by Cygne's suggestions on how to avoid poison. They could be slowed, distracted, hypnotized, tricked, even paralyzed, frozen, or put to sleep in a pinch. "You're right. Pokemon can do some incredible things," Isaac said. "And anything they can't, your tech and our wits can make up for. We've got this, no issue." Why limit themselves to a smash-up when they could scheme circles around this place?[break][break]

Key to that would be the Pokemon that Cygne let out. Seeing her Porygon2 and Rotom excitedly pal around with each other reminded him of his own Kilobyte and Ex Machina. They were fitting picks for the gearhead of the group, especially with her ghost gang backing them up for the purchases of thievery. "Great choices, Cyg," Isaac said, giving her a gentle nudge of approval. "And it's great to meet the dorks."[break][break]

Ash hadn't picked his own Pokemon yet, but that wouldn't stop Isaac. He considered his team, which by now was reaching a downright Concerning size. Their strengths. Their weaknesses. Their aptitudes for the job. No two Pokemon were the same, and each had situations they thrived in, but a few immediately came to mind for Isaac's purposes.[break][break]

"Be right back." With that cryptic warning, a Ralts popped up from behind Isaac's back, giving him a pap on the head with both hands. Cygne and Ash would barely have any time to react before Isaac disappeared.[break][break]

Then, in another instant, he was back, tossing a Pokeball up and down. "See that, right there? That's why we're taking Echo," Isaac said. "Telepathy. Telekinesis. Teleportation. All the teles. He can also heal us up in a pinch and put any guards we come across to sleep. He's like my little swiss army knife." The Ralts giggled up a storm as Isaac ruffled his hair.[break][break]

"But if we wanna take swiss army knife more literal? Meet Delirium." A blob of pink emerged from the Pokeball that Isaac had just shown up with, barely keeping its form for five seconds before shifting into what appeared to be a chibi caricature of Isaac. "Del . . . can be a bit of a goofball sometimes. Fancies himself the artsy type. But he can be anything we need him to be, and it's not like the rest of my team doesn't have their quirks."[break][break]

As the Ditto and Ralts began roughhousing, Isaac's next Pokemon hit the deck. This time came a sextet of Falinks, looking up towards Isaac expectantly. "If multitasking's a problem, Crash and the Boys here are a solution. These guys are like if I could fit a whole team in a single Pokeball, and they work like a well-oiled machine. Isn't that right, Crash?" The lead Falinks fired a salute with his shield, then began leading the other Falinks in some marching drills. Echo and Delirium fell in line as well, even as they treated it more like some kind of conga line.[break][break]

The parade of surprisingly smol Pokemon continued with a Klefki, each of its keys glowing with a different Illumina pattern. "B.B. here's a master of unlocking. And on a mission like this, that's could be life or death. But he's not just here for his Fairy Locks and lockpicking skills. He can light up the darkness with ease, and if we need to bust anything his Recycle can cover up any traces of damage."[break][break]

By now, it was almost a shock when a grizzled, scarred-up clam emerged to take its place among his surprisingly cutesy teammates. "But for when we don't want locks or break-ins, Kage here's a master infiltrator. His Sticky Hold lets him climb any wall, his Acid Spray can slice through anything we can't pick or hack, and when his Acid Armor kicks in . . ." Isaac snapped his fingers, and Kage became more limber than water. He slid back and forth through the crack of the door with ease as a little demonstration.[break][break]

"That just leaves the most important one. Come on out, Shiver!" Isaac released his Pokeball, and a tidal wave of fish splashed into the room. Nestled atop them was the head of Isaac's Wishiwashi school. "Meet the getaway vehicle. Looks like an innocent school of fish, turns into a ride big enough for five once I give the signal. All those eyes let her double as a killer lookout, too."[break][break]

By the time Isaac was done with his little demonstrations, his corner of the room looked like a zoo. Shiver's school was reshaping itself into several configurations, Delirium doing his best to follow suit. Kage held Crash up by the foot to give him a curious once over, the Falinks flailing and squirming as his fellows jumped up and down to try and catch him. Echo studied the illumina patterns etched on B.B.'s body, his horn resonating at frequencies similar to the ones that they did. And here Isaac sat in the center of it all, looking perfectly at peace in the midst of the chaos.[break][break]

After all, what did he have to fear? They were going out of their way to avoid needless casualties. They were making the rich and powerful sweat. And he was working with the two people he loved most in the entire world. He raised a toast to the sentiments Ash put forward, his Pokemon doing their best to replicate the gesture with varying results.[break][break]

This was going to be fantastic.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,311 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 22:41:06 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]“Yeah, he’s hella prepared,” Cyg says, with an affectionate snort. “Ash, write us a D&D campaign sometime.”

Cyg takes the additional dossiers from and tries to ignore the twisting in the pit of her stomach. Many hands meant light work but many hands also meant more people involved who could fuck up, or sell out. Cyg chewed her cheek thoughtfully to avoid from saying as such. She had to trust that Ash had vetted these individuals thoroughly. She had to trust him not only with her life, but with Isaac’s, which was vastly more important, by far.

“Yeah, no problem. Full kit. Heard.” She shuts the dossiers and lets them sit on the table, busy filing away names and faces to memory. If things do go south, she knows exactly who is being involuntarily signed up for her science projects next.

Her brain gets to work formulating a team: Banana Phone, PYLONS, Zen, Eulalia, and some meat… preferably somebody meaty with a brain, which was asking a whole fucking lot of her team.

Isaac does a quick rundown of his squad and Cyg claps her hands excitedly. She’d always been partial to Crash and the Boys. A quick hop off the bench had her down on her knees and giving the lead Falinks a hug and a pat.

Ash runs through the numbers again and they’re big enough to make her head spin. But Cyg isn’t the type to mastermind things beyond a basic B&E.

“Sure boss. You point, we shoot.” She grins. “Try not to worry too much. We got this.”

And if we don’t, she thinks, I know exactly who we’re cutting loose first. It wouldn’t be any of them. I won’t hesitate. Bitch.

[attr="class","thadtag"]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 21:23:34 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

He really had done his homework, and it felt nice to have that praise. Both Isaac and Cygne got that smile on his face, and maybe it was the mood he was in, but his cheeks heated up just a little. "Well, when your boyfriend is a genius, the smarts rub off on you, I guess." Ash coos, silver eyes looking to the side.[break][break]

With their list of Pokemon, between Delirium, Echo, Pylons, B.P., Crash and the Boys, B.B., Kage, and Shiver, and he can tell, the couple was taking this seriously. Ash is grinning again, looking between them both. Luigi, Nacho, and Sunny would wave to the new menagerie of monsters, the Gastly the only one who had to wave using his tongue. It was funny, to say the least.[break][break]

With their swiss army knives of potential, it has Ashley grab onto his chin and ponder.[break][break]

"You both took to this really well. If Makoto and Gerald here do too, we should be able to do this easily enough." Then, with a breath, he prepares for the bad news.[break][break]

Once he exhales, he speaks. "Thing is about money though, it's traceable. Every bill has a code on the back, so it's possible that unless we find a way to launder it back into the system, it's dead money. That's why counterfeiting is such an easily traceable crime, and why heists don't exactly happen this way anymore." He would tap onto the table, placing the dossiers back.[break][break]

The grin comes back.[break][break]

"There's a couple of ways to handle it. Only use a little at a time. Don't put it in a personal bank account. Offshore, only offshore if you're doing it, and under an alias. That, or we launder it. Investment banks will be tracing it. And-" He turns to the side. "-lets just say, that company is going to have a number of losses this year." His grin disappears.[break][break]

With another sharp exhale, he turns back towards them both.[break][break]

"Well then. I have a couple of ideas myself on the matter. Sunny here is gonna be my muscle, but I have a few more I intend to use. A Froakie for substitutes and smoke, my Gible to dig, my Noivern to act as a secondary getaway, and an Umbreon and Glaceon. One to freeze guards behind us, and the other for charms, confusion, and blinding." He smiles, thinking to each. Gyro, Valkyr, Bass, Salem, and Maple. All a good set, and ready to roll out.[break][break]

"I want to hit this place in May. That good with you two?"

, [break][break]

NOTES

- Ash is happy both of them are so into the idea.[break]
- Explains about how the money is dead and how to use it.[break]
- Tells them of his own team that isn't present, save Sunny.[break]
- Notes he wants to hit the joint in May.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:42:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The way Isaac saw it, he needed to give this job his all. Jobs were a lot like machines. The smoother everything went, the less strain got put on the system. The less strain got put on the system, the smoother everything ran. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy, where success brought further success and failure cascaded in on itself.[break][break]

When strain got put on the system, the parts holding it together suffered more than the system itself. They bent under the strain of what they had to do. They cracked, snapped, and eventually shattered under the pressure.[break][break]

They ended up beaten within an inch of their life. They ended up locked up for the rest of their days. They ended up dead. Worse, they ended up doing things that they could never take back in a desperate rush to avoid such fates. Nobody stood to gain from a broken system; not the parts within, and not the people tampering with it.[break][break]

The job didn't end with the score, either. They'd need to drop the haul off in an offshore account and tap into it, little by little. No toasting vodka from a crystal skull while settling back into swimming pools of molten chocolate. Effectively, they had a little bit more money, a lot more savings, and a weight that would hang over their heads until the heat died down or every last drop had been spent.[break][break]

Rocket, of course, wouldn't have such issue. Isaac just knew they'd find a way to immediately put their half to work to continue their pathway to destruction. Why'd they always have to have it easier than the hardworking, honest crooks on the other side?[break][break]

"May works for me," Isaac said. He knew damn well why Ash was delaying the inevitable. The instability of the Ultra Space rifts became more and more apparent with each visit. All eyes were on the Granite Cave rift, which was expanding at a rate that made the others blush. By April, it was forecast that the damn thing would practically rupture, allowing access to the Ultra Deep Sea on an unprecedented scale. They knew not the exact date of when, only to prepare themselves for the inevitable.[break][break]

There were matters of importance before then, too. Ash had not divulged their nature, but Isaac knew that even before the rift opened there would be no rest for the wicked.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,311 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
How To Rob a Bank [S]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 17:04:29 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]It’s not long before they’re all grinning fit to beat the band until Ash seems to prepare himself for a second before launching into the nitty-gritty, the negative to all this giddy excitement.

Cyg frowns, ready to get hit with a whole bunch of badness, only to find out that Ash has already solved those problems, too. “Not hard to find cash only businesses. Nail salons, car washes. Bowling alleys. But it sounds to me like you’ve got everything figured out.” She wondered how much sleep Ash had lost over all of this. Poor guy. He needed a vacation.

“Yeah, I’m good with May.” Provided they all survive whatever the fuck Rocket throws at them over the next few months.

[attr="class","thadtag"]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights