Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Can't Keep Running . . . [GYM]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 3:33:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]By now, Isaac was used to the tempestuous turns that the League's upper echelons took. It was no surprise that gym titles changed like the tides when what was once a sport for the childrens had become an open invitation to the warzone. By this point, he'd blotted out most of these changes, outside of a raised eyebrow when the League was short of even the traditional 8.[break][break]

Another gym opening up didn't seem like it would change that fact. Then Isaac took a closer look at what the gym actually stood for.[break][break]

"So much for the tolerant League," Isaac snarked as he compared the badge's description to its hardline No Rockets Allowed rule. However, the more Isaac read, the more clear it became that the kind of tolerance he snarked about wasn't the focus of this gym's endeavors.[break][break]

No. It was a tolerance for one's self. It was a tolerance for one's mistakes. It was a tolerance for the problems that haunted them, and a refusal to run away any longer. It was accepting that you weren't perfect, but embracing it instead of hiding from it. Only then could you truly ascend past it and become the person you were meant to be.[break][break]

Each gym Isaac had visited so far taught him something different. 's gym reinforced the value of close bonds with his Pokemon (and accidentally misgauging an even-seeming croc battle in the process). 's gym was proof that, even in something as regimented as the gym challenge, he had to expect the unexpected. 's gym encouraged him to face the difficulties in his life with a smile and a head held high. 's taught him to think on his feet and trust in his instincts when he needed them most.[break][break]

They were all valuable lessons to learn. However, no gym's teachings had spoken quite so directly to Isaac as this one.[break][break]

Isaac had spent his whole life running. He ran to the gym challenge to escape his growing doubts with the direction Rocket was taking, seeking understandings in the lessons of those most loyal to their opposition. Before that, he ran to Rocket to escape the League's failings and a society that had no room for him. Before even that, he ran from home, no longer willing to deal with a family that resented him for little more than the circumstance of his birth. And until he could do that, he simply retreated inward instead of outward.[break][break]

There were pains and pressures dealt to him that he simply never resolved. He escaped those he loathed and forgave those he loved, and the scars they left behind were simply left to fester. He needed a therapist, bad. But what therapist in the world was going to hear "I'm an active Rocket" and not just lock him in the slammer? He had nowhere to go but deeper and deeper inward.[break][break]

Perhaps this, too, was one of their most insidious weapons.[break][break]

Isaac didn't have time to unpack all of that. But he did have time to give another gym battle a shot. Maybe that would be enough. He approached Fallarbor Gym, and with it took the another step closer to his destiny.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
This soul of mine breaks over and over ...
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 4:22:57 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Today was going to be .... interesting, to say the least. In fact, Alec didn't really know how to feel in regard to getting his old lifestyle back. Ever since that day, barely escaping from Team Rocket while being only but a mere inch away from death, he thought that he'd never be able to regain what he had lost that day. His Gym, his love for battling - all of it. However, here he was, standing in the center of the football-sized arena as the stands had begun to gradually fill themselves with people. Hell, he thought earlier that just touching the walls of the stadium would reduce it to dust. The other staff that had been hired on for his Gym were also slightly worried that they'd get on Alec's bad side.

However, believe it or not, Alec was actually patient. Despite it being the grand opening of his Gym, he seemed less stressed, rather than the opposite. He even congratulated most if not all of the staff on the great work they had been doing so far. What's more, is that the enormous crowd that came to see the first-ever match of Alec's new gym was what surprised him the most. Then again, his former gym was just a hoity-toity resort, where only tourists would spend their vacations at. The only ones that'd witnessed his gym challenges were him, and his opponents. Admittedly, looking back on it now, choosing such an idea for a gym was bad.... not to mention that DAMN LOAN! He still had to pay that thing off! Talk about regretting your own life choices ...

However, Alec couldn't afford to think about that stuff right now. All that mattered, was making sure that the audience as well as the Gym challenger feeling at home. Speaking of which, The gym challenger soon arrived, a male possibly a little bit younger than him, walking towards him. "I see you made it here without getting lost," Alec smirked, his question obviously playful as well as rhetorical. "Alec Foster - Fallarbor's new Gym Leader." Alec said, holding out a hand for the younger man to shake. "You requested a four-on-four double battle right?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 13:28:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Johanna's gym was an amusement park first. Josh's gym doubled as a home for races. But this? This was Isaac's first time in a capital G Gym, build, designed, and used expressly for that purpose. Today, he wasn't a sideshow diversion as part of an already busy day. Today, there was an entire packed stadium full of people here to see him.[break][break]

After all, he was only the inaugural battle of Fallarbor's brand new gym. No pressure.[break][break]

That didn't mean that this would be against some unproven newbie. If anything, it would be the opposite. The gym leader that stood before him today was the spitting image of Pacifidlog's prior gym leader. Why he'd gone from Hoenn's most southeastern point to as far northwest as possible, Isaac couldn't be certain. Was it simply a change in real estate mandated from the League? Or was he making a point of distancing himself from where he was before?[break][break]

Perhaps he was taking his gym's own lesson to heart.[break][break]

"You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a stadium around these parts," Isaac joked back. There were so many questions he yearned to ask the gym leader, but the crowd was tensed like a spring and ready to burst. This wasn't the time and place for more than light banter. He took the leader's hand for a quick, firm shake. "I'm Isaac. Nice to meet ya."[break][break]

Frankly, Isaac would've gone up to 6 if he could. Perhaps when he was within fingertips of the Champion Assessment, he'd look for a gym that could accommodate. However, for the time being, he took the most difficult challenge he could. "That's right," he confirmed. "Anything else I should know before we get started?"[break][break]

"Or is it time for us give this crowd a hell of a grand opening?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 19:40:42 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec's smirk grew at Isaac's joke. "I think I'm gonna like this guy," Alec thought as he shook his hand. "Pleasure to meet ya dude. Welcome to my gym. I hope you're ready," Alec said just before the entire crowd's cheers of excitement began to roar throughout the vicinity. 'cause it sure looks like they are," Alec said. Truth be told, something like this wasn't his style, but he figured it was better than nothing. Once Alec had gotten the confirmation he needed, Isaac asked him a question of his own.

Alec'hmmed' for a good moment, bringing his right hand underneath his chin. From the looks of it, Isaac seemed like he could figure out the obvious stuff, such as 'no killing', or 'having your attacks directed at the stands'. Things of that nature were straightforward enough to where even a six-year-old could even understand. "The only thing you should know from this point is that you, the challenger, get to go first," Alec said, seemingly taking his position for the battle. Hopefully, Isaac would do the same.

As soon as Alec stood in place once more, he quickly pulled out two pokeballs, tossing them out in front of him, an Espeon from the left and a teal-colored Sceptile from the right materializing a few feet in front of their master. "Alright. Show us what ya got," Alec gave Isaac a smirk. Alec had no idea what Isaac's battle strategy was, but neither did Isaac know about his - just the way Alec liked it.

TL;DR:
- Alec likes Isaac's joke and thinks the two em will get along.
- Alec tells Isaac he gets to make the first move, then sends out Luna the Espeon & Nat the Shiny Sceptile.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 22:25:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Hmmmm, I dunno. He says you're ready, but I can't quite hear you. I said, are you all ready!?"[break][break]

Unlike Alec, Isaac was a natural entertainer. As his smirk lit up the colosseum's big screen, and his dare reached the audience's ears, they roared twice as hard to get this party started. Grinning, Isaac lifted a pair of Pokeballs from his belt, giving the one in his left hand a casual toss up and down.[break][break]

Alec outlined what little rules remained. Champion sends out their Pokemon first, challenger gets the first strike. Sure enough, the Pokemon he brought out looked the part of a gym leader's finest. His Sceptile stood tall and proud, azure scales shimmering in the stadium lights, while his Espeon pensively watched the battlefield.[break][break]

How fitting. Isaac loved a good mirror match.[break][break]

"Miyuki, Pandora! You two are up!" Isaac said, throwing his Pokeballs with a flourish. Miyuki the silver Fennekin hit the ground first, tossing her sparkling fur to wow the crowds. Beside her came Pandora, the already-towering Scolipede stretching out as tall as possible to try and pull off a threat display.[break][break]

"Alright, Miyuki. Let's kick things off with a head-on assault!" The Fenenkin nodded, hopping onto Pandora's tail and scampering up her body with great speed. All the while, Pandora charged forward, lending her Speed Boosted momentum to Miyuki's own. By the time Miyuki had reached Pandora's head, a quick bucking motion sent her hurtling towards Alec's Espeon at great speeds.[break][break]

And then Miyuki vanished in a puff of smoke.[break][break]

Out from the improbably small cloud of smoke burst Pandora's head. The Scolipede aimed her horns forward as she launched right towards the Espeon, hoping to put her greatest threat in its place right at the opening bell. Her normally-inaccurate Megahorn was now working off of a cunning feint thanks to Miyuki's Ally Swap, and all of that built-up momentum meant it risked hitting even harder than normal.[break][break]

Miyuki, who had taken Pandora's spot in running around the colosseum, trotted to a halt and let out a taunting bark in the Sceptile's direction. She may have been the smallest member of Isaac's squad today, but she was well aware of her value as the mastermind.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Pandora the Scolipede yeets Miyuki the Fennekin towards Luna the Espeon at lightning speeds.[break]
Thanks to Ally Switch, Pandora has effectively yoten herself instead.[break]
Moving at the Speed of Yeet, Pandora tries to kick things off with a critical Megahorn aimed at Luna.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 3:05:24 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec held his grin, liking how Isaac was able to handle the crowd. In fact, Alec knew that he wasn't talented in that regard. Regardless, at least his gym challenger seemed to be doing it just fine. It'd have to be something that Alec himself would have to get used to doing.

Once Alec released his pokemon, Isaac immediately followed suit right after, bringing out a Fennekin with a peculiar coating as well as a Scolipede. A rather odd pairing, however, Alec was curious how Isaac's own choices would affect the outcome of the battle. Luna stood there calm and collect, gathering her psychic energy while Nat stood there silently as well, watching both of his opponent's movements closely. The thing about Alec's pokemon is that they were trained to not make the first move in a battle, with the exception of a small few. Isaac's Scolipede was gathering its speed, with the help of its SPEED BOOST.

Meanwhile, the shiny Fennekin seemed to be taking the Scolipede for a ride, using the poisonous bug's own speed to increase its own. Impressive, Alec thought to himself as he took note of the Fennekin hopping off the Scolipede while the bug kept moving. Once the Fenniken had landed right in front of Luna, however, it vanished just as soon as it landed, replacing itself with the charging Scolipede.

"However," Alec continued his own train of thought, just as Luna released her built-up PSYCHIC energy the moment the switch between the opposing allies took place.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/971225190564507658/1086110166929383455/Jujutsu_Kaisen__Gojo_Satoru_Hollow_Purple_Theme_EPIC_VERSION_Besto_Quality_Remix.mp3[/player]

The Scolipede was frozen mid-air, hovering an inch or two above the ground, with its MEGAHORN attack only barely meeting its mark by an inch. Luna's intense stare as her psychic energy suspended it slightly above the ground's surface, devoid of being able to move. Then, without warning, the psychic energy that had the bug suspended threw it backward violently. Meanwhile, Nat made his own move, having lunged at Fennekin with its own natural speed, giving it a swift DRAGON CLAW, attempting to send it flying into the scolipede flying backward.

I wouldn't underestimate these two, Alec's train of thought finally finished just as his Sceptile and Espeon acted accordingly. It was clear that his two pokemon worked well with one another, however, it wasn't anything new to Alec. He knew exactly what they were and weren't capable of, which is exactly why trained all of his battle-ready pokemon the best he could. Nothing less should be expected from a Gym Leader's pokemon anyhow, right?

TL;DR:
- Luna the Espeon releases her Psychic attack on the Scolipede from the moment the ALLY SWITCH from Isaac's Fennekin switches them between one another, making Luna safe from the Scolipede's Megahorn by a mere inch, then proceeds to make it fly backward w/ the same Psychic energy.

- At the same time as Luna attacks the Scolipede, Nat the Sceptile lunges forward and attempts to hit the shiny Fenniken with a Dragon Claw, which would send it flying into Scolipde that was violently thrown backward by Luna the Espeon's attack.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 3:34:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Psychic power pushed back on the Scolipede with perfect precision, stopping Pandora's Megahorn the second it pushed into the Espeon's flesh. Were this touch sparring, Isaac would have drawn a clean first blood. However, this was a gym battle, and even a super effective, turbocharged technique would be greatly diminished in a case such as this.[break][break]

The same could not be said for the Espeon's Psychic, the Scolipede's eyes bulging in pain as she felt the Espeon's grip push into her exoskeleton. She wiggled furiously, trying to sink her horn deeper into the Espeon, but it only made the pain worse. "Pandora, stop!" Isaac warned her. "You lost this round, so just roll with it."[break][break]

Nodding in understanding, the Scolipede shut her eyes and let the pain wash over her. The Espeon flung her back with full force, her limp body hurtling through the air. Then, as the ground grew closer and closer, she decided to take Isaac's words literally. Her tail curled up, slotting between her horns to tuck her into a perfect pillbug-esque sphere.[break][break]

Pandora was hurting, without a doubt. However, instead of hitting the ground with an exoskeleton-cracking thud, she quite literally rolled with the momentum of the Psychic. She peeled out into a perfect Rollout, far less injured than she would have been if she kept trying to struggle against the move.[break][break]

She wasn't the only one using her foe's own prowess against them. Miyuki was the size of a small dog. Her Sceptile foe was the size of an average human. For a Dragon Claw to hit on the mark, the Sceptile would have to get low, and that gave Miyuki her opening to dodge. Rather than trying to go around the sweeping strike, Miyuki went up, leaping right for the lunging Sceptile's head.[break][break]

Perhaps she'd meet her mark, bouncing off of the back of the Sceptile's head to try and turn its lunge into a stumble. Perhaps she'd overshoot and sail right over its head. Regardless of what happened, she would rotate in midair, her tail bristling as a Heat Wave launched out from behind her. With any luck, she'd be able to backstab the Sceptile before it could properly turn around.[break][break]

It was fascinating to Isaac just how different the two parallel fights were. Pandora and Espeon were far from one another, Pandora circumnavigating the length of the colosseum to keep building up speed and momentum. Meanwhile, Miyuki and Sceptile were engaged in a close-quarters dance, each Pokemon's quick reflexes and respective size advantages being brought to bear against one another. To focus on even one battle was difficult. To focus on both . . .[break][break]

Isaac was thankful his Pokemon were relatively self-sufficient, yet he knew this fight would push both them and him to their very limits. And the crowd was loving every minute of it.[break][break]

What else was he to do, then, but put on the ultimate show?[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Pandora rolls with the punches; while the Psychic hurts quite a bit, peeling out into a Rollout dampens the worst of it.[break]
Miyuki jumps the Dragon Claw, attempting to spring off of the Sceptile's head and fire back with a point-blank Heat Wave.[break]
Isaac is sweating because shit bro these fights are intense.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 9:53:30 GMT
alec foster Avatar
The crowd roared with excitement as soon as the battle kicked off, becoming louder than before the match started. At least they were enjoying themselves, Alec thought to himself. He had listened to Isaac's words, yet still silent, not saying anything since before the battle began. It was then that Alec had begun to realize that he was communicating with his pokemon in a manner to which only they understood, however, it became clear to Alec once the Scolipede had broken into a ROLLOUT. He and his pokemon like to work outside the box. They just keep getting more and more interesting," Alec thought, his smirk turning into a grin. This battle did in fact just start, but Alec couldn't help but feel like it had been going on for hours. Not that, that was a bad thing. If it were, then why would he be grinning?

The scolipede had used Luna's own mental prowess against it in order for it to use Rollout as a means to break its falls in a safer way, resulting in the poisonous bug taking less than it normally would've. That's not all though. The Fennekin that Nat had attempted to strike with its DRAGON CLAW, using his own size against it. The Fennekin, due to its small size had countered, attempting to strike Nat with HEAT WAVE. But that still wasn't good enough, as Nat the Sceptile was able to DETECT the danger from the Heat Wave attack before it was unleashed, using its speed to take a giant leap backward, protecting itself by jumping to a safe distance.

Luna had taken this opportunity to attack, jumping into the air. With a violent swish of her forked tail, she launched a SWIFT attack, raining energy in the shape of stars not just on the Fennekin that failed to hurt Nat, but also the Scolipede who had just received damage from Luna's own PSYCHIC.

TL;DR:
- Alec is impressed by Isaac's as well as his pokemon's own adaptability in the battle.

- Nat the Sceptile uses Detect, protecting itself from the Heat Wave by taking a gigantic leap backward out of the attack's reach.

- Luna then jumps into the air, raining down a Swift attack on both the Scolipede and Fenniken, and since Swift doesn't miss, the attack meets its mark on both of Isaac's Pokemon.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 13:24:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The advantage of having a Pokemon keeping on the defensive was that, when an opportunity arose, they would be in a perfect position to intervene.[break][break]

"Pandora, now!" Isaac called, a yellowed eye glancing out from the center of her wheel-like shape. Clouds of dust kicked up in her wake as she pulled into a turn, speed boosted three times over and rolling momentum allowing her to tear towards the Sceptile as soon as he hopped backwards.[break][break]

Unfortunately, even with all of this speed, she wasn't the fastest thing on the battlefield. As she sped towards the Sceptile's blind spot, stars curved around its body and flew towards the Scolipede. Swift was not only an unerring move, but it also was more than capable of tracking multiple targets.[break][break]

At her current momentum, and with a golden opportunity before her, Pandora couldn't afford to stop. Worse still, there wouldn't be much time to line up her shot. Even with her superior speed, and the Sceptile having just landed, the Swift would surely tip it off to the Scolipede in its blind spot. For this reason, she unfurled sooner than she would have liked, stars stabbing into her more vulnerable underbelly as she bucked a furious Megahorn upwards.[break][break]

She was going to feel that one, but the chance of a tide-turning blow made pushing through the pain worth it.[break][break]

Miyuki wasn't so fortunate. Being closer to the Espeon, the stars smacked her out of the sky before she could even land. She hit the ground with a tumble, barely catching herself in a skid before bouncing off of the ground. She glowered at her fellow psychic fox, letting out a challenging yip.[break][break]

Once more, she charged forward, hopping in a zig-zag pattern to try and throw off the psychic's focus. However, just as she approached engagement range, she slid back instead of continuing forward. Another Heat Wave rippled from behind her, the searing air rushing towards the Espeon.[break][break]

Unlike Swift, the attack couldn't magically bend to ensure that both foes would be hit. However, were the Sceptile to dodge or be launched in the wrong direction, it was at risk of being clipped as well. Isaac was at the edge of his metaphorical seat as he watched his Pokemon snap into action, wondering if he was about to see his fortunes start reversing.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break][break]
Direct hit! Not that poor Pandora and Miyuki had much say in the matter.[break]
Pandora takes the hit on the chin as she speeds towards the midair Sceptile, hoping to uppercut it on the way down with a Megahorn.[break]
Miyuki's approaches with zig-zags and feints to try and bait out the Espeon's aim, then sends a Heat Wave across the battlefield.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 13:41:52 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec held his smirk, despite the circumstances. Isaac's Scolipede had once again used its own speed to try and ensure a clean hit with its MEGAHORN, but what it failed to realize, was that Nat the Sceptile was quite agile himself, not to mention that he had the high ground, so to speak. Nat the Sceptile swiftly plunged an ENERGY BALL that had formed in its hand, thrusting it forward into the Scolipede's own attack. The impact from both attacks colliding with one another forced both backward from one another. This allowed Nat the Sceptile to not only land safely as well as absorb the brunt of the Scolipede's own attack, but also deal some more damage to the poisonous bug as well.

What's more was that Isaac's Fennekin had seemed to be fixated on dealing with the Espeon, rushing forward, attempting to also use its small body and speed to try and have Luna use her Psychic powers a little too early, however, too was also a failed attempt, seeing as that she was still rather calm and collected. As soon as the Fennekin backed up once it was close enough, unleashing yet another HEAT WAVE onto her, she unleashed her PSYCHIC powers just at that moment as well, having both her and the fennekin take damage simultaneously as well. Sure, Espeon took yet another hit, however, if it meant she could deliver a hit as well then so be it. What was that phrase again? 'All's fair in love and war'? With Nat moving backward from where he and the Scolipede attacked, it also meant he was also safe from Fennekin's attack.

As the crowd seemed to still cheer excitedly, Alec started to wonder why Isaac had chosen a pokemon that wasn't fully evolved. He wasn't thinking that it was not fit to keep up with the battle. Far from it, actually. With its ability to use ALLY SWITCH as well as be able to make successful hits on his Esepeon. No, something told him that there was more too than what Alec knew so far. Although, he wasn't curious so that he could use it to his advantage to call out to his pokemon as a means to warn them, no. He was just curious for his own sake. Besides, Alec's Sceptile as well as his Espeon haven't been able to cut loose like this in a long while. It was clear that they were enjoying the battle, just as much as Alec was. Hopefully, Isaac and his pokemon felt the same way.

TL;DR:
- Nat the Sceptile plunges an Energy Ball formed in its hand into the Scolipede's Megahorn attack causing it to absorb most of the impact, dealing damage to Scolipede, as well as having the impact from the collision of both attacks to have both of them be pushed backward, allowing Nat to avoid Fennekin's Heat Wave.

- Isaac's Fennekin attacks using Heat Wave. The attack hits Luna the Espeon, however, Luna unleashes her Psychic attack at the same time the Fennekin unleashed its own attack, causing both of them to take damage as well.

- Alec is curious about Isaac's Fennekin, not for the sake of the battle, but for his own curiosity. Either way, he continues to silently watch the battle, also hoping that Isaac and his pokemon are having fun as well.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 21:02:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Once more, Pandora's horn had come to a stalemate, having just made contact with her foe. However, the Psychic she had been pushed through last time had caused her immense pain. The Energy Ball, in contrast, was a move that she was more than equipped to handle. Her horn nullified the worst of it, though she was unable to prevent her Sceptile foe from riding its momentum away from her.[break][break]

Oh well, so be it. As the Energy Ball pushed her horn away, she rolled with its momentum, allowing it to spin her around in a circle. From here, she was able to flick her tail towards the Sceptile, launching a gob of Toxic energy right towards the other Pokemon. As a poison type, the orb was able to spread out into a sickening miasma, rendering the technique impossible to avoid.[break][break]

Her point made, she waggled her tail tauntingly towards the Sceptile, then began to run away. With her Speed Boost intensified to near-maximum levels, she'd put even the Sceptile's great agility to the test.[break][break]

They weren't the only ones at a stalemate, though. Miyuki and Espeon stared each other down, neither making a move until the other had started to strike. Unfortunately, that meant Miyuki wouldn't be striking any blows without having to trade against a larger, stronger Pokemon. Her fur and small size made her far less capable of soaking up blows than Pandora's hard chitin and bulky body, and even without any particular effectiveness, the Psychic hurt her more than it had her teammate.[break][break]

At least she had landed the first decisive blow on the Espeon today, and with it the first true strike for Team Isaac of this match. But at what cost?[break][break]

"That's enough, Miyuki," Isaac said, taking a Pokeball from his belt. She'd been a supporter, not a mainline fighter, yet she'd been running herself ragged fighting against two superior foes. At this point, he was ready to switch her out before she got herself hurt. "Retur-"[break][break]

A sharp bark cut him off. Wincing an eye open, and shuddering to her feet, Miyuki forced herself to stand.[break][break]

And then, glowing a bright white, she forced herself to stand.[break][break]

The Fennekin's hair rippled forth from her ears, flowing elegantly in the wind like tongues of flame. So, too, did her fur begin to billow out. The fur atop her upper body grew, thick and vibrant, as if trying to form armor that she'd once lacked. The fur atop her lower body billowed out, as if being pushed aside by the pure power she was outputting.[break][break]

She stretched a glowing hand outwards, pulling a stick from the colosseum floor towards her. As it touched her hands, it too began to glow, as if infusing itself with the evolution's light. Then, in a sweep of her newfound wand, the light of evolution dispersed.[break][break]

Where Fennekin once stood, now Miyuki was a proud and powerful Braixen.[break][break]

". . . You're real serious about this, huh?" Isaac asked, lowering the Pokeball. He could tell that even with the second wind of evolution, Miyuki was nearing her last legs. He could also tell that she'd never forgive him if he denied her this chance to prove herself. "Alright, Miyuki. Time for our last stand!"[break][break]

The Braixen aimed her magic wand at the Espeon, the sparks that formed around its tip all too familiar to the Espeon. After all, she'd been using these Psychics against Isaac's team all match. However, Miyuki wasn't aiming her own directly at the Espeon. Instead, she aimed it at the wall behind her. She'd never be able to take her senior in a direct psychic showdown, but some environmental damage could be just what she needed to swing the fight's momentum in her favor.[break][break]

It was time for an ESP-propelled rockslide![break][break]

Isaac couldn't be prouder of his Pokemon. They were facing the biggest wall of his training career, and yet they were stopping to no end to try and prove themselves. However, he could also tell that they were both running low on steam. Pandora was riding high off of her speed boosts, but the Psychic she had taken early in the battle had dealt her some severe pain. He knew he'd be tagging her out soon, but they were riding a dangerous line between a successful plan and an untimely faint. Miyuki, on the other hand, was riding a fresh wave of energy, but how long could it last for? With the damage she'd taken, one more hit could punch right through and spell her doom.[break][break]

As a trainer, it was his job to spot that difference for his team's own good. As a challenger of the Tolerance Badge, it was his job not to blink too early and lose the advantage. Already, the lessons Alec aimed to impart stared Isaac right in the eye.

TEAL DEER;[break]
Between the Megahorn and the type differential, the Energy Ball is broken through without much damage. However, Pandora is still pushed back.[break]
For now, Pandora elects to fling a Toxic (undodgable due to Poison Type, later-gen type traits are weeeeird), then run away.[break]
Miyuki, lacking her partner's durability, is hit bad and really feeling it. However, rather than give in to fainting, she pushes herself past her limits.[break]
Now as a Braixen, she begins her last stand, using her own Psychic to try and crumble a colosseum wall towards Espeon.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 18:14:14 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec's and Isaac's still competed with one another for supremacy, all four of them trying their absolute best to acheive victory. What's more was that Nat and Luna weren't giving their all in this battle, or at least, not yet. Due to the Scolipede's maximized speed, it was able to POISON Nat with its Toxic, while scurrying away attempting to hopefully bait Nat the Sceptile to go after it.

Then there was the other showdown between Isaac's Fennekin, as well as Luna the Espeon. The PSYCHIC attack that Luna had delivered simultaneously along with the opposing HEAT WAVE met their marks. Luna was hurt, however, she had plenty of strength left to fight, Unlike Nat. Alec knew that because of it being unable to dodge the poisonous gas spreading toward it would soon faint. Despite this, Nat was trying to hold out for long as possible until the poison that invaded its body would take its toll on him. Isaac's Fennekin also seemed to be down for the count as well.

Isaac was even about to call the shiny Fennekin back to its Pokeball, but then something spectacular happened. Alec knew immediately what the glow surrounding its body meant. It was evolving. Even the crowd grew silent, watching in awe as the small fox started to stand, and then the glow shot out, practically dissipating as soon as it did so, revealing a shiny Braixen in place.

"It looks like Miyuki is tryna say it's not gonna go down without a fight," Alec had finally spoken toward Isaac, unable to continue being silent. The excitement he felt radiating throughout his body was just simply too much to contain anymore. "Well, then. It seems like it's time for us not to hold back either! Luna! Nat! Give 'em all ya got! No holding back this time!" Alec said as his grin grew wider. Luna and Nat nodded, their eyes staring intently at their adversaries.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/971225190564507658/1087054595542487120/Fiend__with_Official_Lyrics_Sephirot_Theme_Final_Fantasy_XIV_1-compressed.mp3[/player]

The Sceptile, seemingly regaining its own vigor for battle within that moment, furiously pounded its own fists together, then slammed them both onto the ground. The impact seemed to make the ground rumble, instantly sprouting vines as thick as trees from various parts of the battlefield, while it was being contained within the general vicinity of the four pokemon. This was Nat's most powerful move - FRENZY PLANT!

The thick vines that sprouted from the earth also gave Luna the Espeon the ability to jump on them, allowing her to successfully dodge the Rockslide produced by the opposing Braixen's own PSYCHIC attack. However, she didn't stay on the thick vines for long, jumping off of it as soon as she reached a safe height. With a swish of her Tail, Luna had once again fired a SWIFT attack once more, one portion of the barrage of stars falling down on the newly-evolved Braixen, while the other barrage for the Scolipede, entwined itself around the thick vines produced by Nat's own Frenzy Plant. With the two attacks combined, and with the Frenzy Plant coming in seemingly every possible direction towards the poisonous bug, it was surely going to get hit by the Swift, if not by Nat's own Attack.

After Nat's energy had finally caught up with it, it fell to the ground, the poison finally making it unable to battle. Alec smiled lightly, swiftly taking Nat's Pokeball; returning it so that it could rest. "You did an amazing job, Nat. Rest easy," Alec said, placing it back on his belt, then grabbing yet another Pokeball. He proceeded to toss it out in front of him, it boomerangs back to his hands once an Aegislash appeared in front of Alec, allowing him to catch it.

"You've also done well," Speaking to Isaac once again. The crowd also seemed to agree with him, getting ever-so louder ever since Braixen finished its evolution process. However, the real question was whether or not the Braixen was still able to battle after Luna had attacked once again with her Swift attack. Alec knew that the Scolipede was surely done just like his Sceptile was, but he wasn't completely sure about the Braixen. Its evolution gave it enough energy to possibly have it keep going, but Alec figured to wait for the dust cloud that surrounded it from his Espeon's attack to go away. Even Luna, now on the ground again, safely landing on all fours, swished its tail back and forth, seemingly eager.

TL;DR:
- Alec, unable to contain his excitement, finally speaks to Isaac. He also tells Nat and Luna to go all out and not hold back any longer.

- Nat the Sceptile obliges, using Frenzy Plant to attack the Scolipede, while also giving Luna the opportunity to hop on one of the thick vines sprouting near it; effectively dodging the Rockslide created by the newly-evolved Braixen.

- Luna the Espeon then proceeds to jump off the vine once it reaches a fairly safe height, Attacking both the Braixen and Scolipede with Swift. Due to the combination of Nat's Frenzy Plant and Swift gunning toward the Scolipede, making swift hit for sure, if not the Frenzy Plant.

- Nat the Sceptile finally succumbs to poison from the Scolipede's poison, fainting. Double KO on Alec's Sceptile and Isaac's Scolipede!

- Alec is unsure though whether or not Isaac's Braixen survived Luna the Espeon's Swift attack.

- Alec returns Nat the Sceptile and brings out Maximus, the Aegislash; revealing his 3rd Pokemon for the battle.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 18:50:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The battlefield was so clear of hazards and obstacles that Miyuki had to try cracking colosseum walls just to add some roughage. Clearly, Alec decided this was unacceptable, because his Sceptile smashed the ground and swamped the battlefield in the mother of all roughage. A Frenzy Plant erupted from the heart of the arena, both lifting his companion out of harm's way and surrounding his foes in a thrashing network of vines.[break][break]

Miyuki's jaw dropped in the shadow of the attack, and she drew her branch to try and start repelling them with blasts of flame. However, to her relief the vines weren't careening towards her. Instead, they twisted as one to rain down on Pandora from all directions, a concentrated effort on Alec's part to finally squash this bug.[break][break]

Isaac's eyes widened with awe as he saw the attack coming. A spark of inspiration flashed within that awe, but he fought to stop it from showing on his face. "Hurry, Pandora! Get out of there!" he called. The Scolipede, now at mach speeds, nodded. She scuttled out of the way of a vine that slammed inches away from her, then scuttled atop it to twist out of the way of another sweeping for her side. Again and again she tried to crawl through the network, but each vine struck close and cut off a little more of her space.[break][break]

Perhaps, in the shadow of the dense vine network, nobody would be able to see that the Scolipede was glowing.[break][break]

Vine after vine crashed down, finally forming a tomb that not even six layers of Speed Boost could escape. Swift intertwined around those final few tendrils, rushing into the gaps between them to sink into their target like an execution. There was no possible way for Pandora to have survived such decisive tactics.[break][break]

The vines quivered. They rippled. They fell still.[break][break]

Then they burst, the Pokemon within not a Scolipede but instead a shining silver Metagross.[break][break]

"How's this for doing well?" Isaac asked, finally letting his triumphant grin spread across his face. He held up a Pokeball for the crowd to see, a sticker of a poison droplet proudly set onto its surface. With a bit of smoke and mirrors, and a timely Baton Pass, Pandora had been narrowly able to cheat death. "Your team's incredible. They're pushing us to our limits. But now it's time for us to kick things up a notch for Round 2! Meet one of my strongest, Omega."[break][break]

One might expect a Metagross to start slowly, ponderously clambering around the battlefield. However, Omega had other ideas, the Speed Boost that Pandora had relayed allowing it to scuttle out from the Frenzy Plant's remains with nightmarish speed. Its shining silver chassis already had some noticeable scuff marks from where the Frenzy Plant struck true, and a noticeable few scratches from the Swift raining down on it, but it was in far better condition than either of Isaac's previous Pokemon.[break][break]

That included Miyuki, who was forced to brace herself as she was pelted by a starfall of her own. Were it not for her evolution, the first Swift to hit her would've forced her to surrender to unconsciousness. However, even as her legs quivered and her eyelids grew heavy, the adrenaline of a fresh evolution pumped through her veins. She caught herself on her magic wand, shuddering back to her feet defiantly.[break][break]

Trading a magician's poise for a last burst of pure, animalistic power, she roared with all of her might. Her tail and ear hair flared out, her entire body rippling with power as she launched one last Fire Blast onto the battlefield. Her aim wasn't to target her Espeon rival. It wasn't even to target the Aegislash that Alec had freshly released.[break][break]

"Let's light it up, Miyuki!"

No. Miyuki wanted to take the remnants of the Frenzy Plant and turn them into a towering inferno. Alec's Pokemon were agile, brilliant, and beyond powerful. In direct combat, they'd be ground down to nothing under their overwhelming numbers. However, if she could give Team Isaac one last, big trick to take advantage of before she fell . . .[break][break]

Omega would have to take things from here. Until then, she stared defiant towards Alec amidst the flames, ready for him to knock her out and make it count.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
How do you avoid the unavoidable? With a timely Baton Pass![break]
Pandora the Scolipede is swallowed up in the Frenzy Plant, but tags out for Omega the Metagross before being decimated.[break]
Omega is nightmarishly fast due to being passed its Speed Boosts, but has already taken a nice hit from the Frenzy Plant - Swift combo.[break]
Miyuki's pushed back to her last legs from another Swift, and uses what energy remains to set the Frenzy Plant's ruins ablaze.[break]
She's not even gonna try to stay up any longer; she just wants Alec to hit her with his best on her way out.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 21:13:47 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec had thought that the Scolipede belonging to Isaac had fallen, however, he was somewhat surprised when what came out, bursting through the thick tree-branch-like vines was a Metagross. Alec had then turned, hearing Isaac speak to him once more, revealing that Scolipede had used BATON PASS, a move that allowed for it to be switched instantaneously with the massive hunk of metal. "Oh? Is that so? Then I'm flattered that you've managed to bring out you're strongest so early in the game," Alec said grinning. Alec wasn't also feigned from knowing a Metagross's full potential. They were far more durable than most steel types, as well as being flexible, due to their Psychic Typing. Alec also knew that the speed that Scolipede had, had been transferred to the Metagross, making it much faster. However, just because it was fast, did not mean it was 'unbeatable'. Alec had also considered that it may very well may possess the capability to Mega Evolve, making it even stronger.

While Isaac did seem to save his Scolipede due to quick thinking, he was also in a bit of a bind himself. His Braixen was also near its limit, despite having just evolved. Sure, Isaac brought out not just his strongest pokemon, but a pokemon in well enough condition to fight in place of the Scolipede out on the field, but he was still about to have his Braixen faint. What's more, is that Isaac had chosen for his Braixen to attack his Aegislash rather than Luna. If it had chosen to attack Espeon, then the chances of Alec losing would have been set in stone, granted it was still unclear as to who exactly would win the match just yet.

Despite Luna's prowess with her psychic abilities, she wasn't able to contain her psychic energy well enough to suppress things that were intangible, such as fire, which was the Braixen's choice, attacking the leftover vines from Nat's FRENZY PLANT with a FIRE BLAST. Alec had yet to answer Isaac, wanting to watch with curiosity, seeing that the attack produced by the Braixen was indeed for his sword. However, Aegislash wasn't just a sword. it was a shield as well, just as it was going to prove. It kept its SHIELD STANCE, producing a KING'S SHIELD - protective barrier, from the fiery attack while Luna danced around the falling debris, once again using SWIFT. Even if the Braixen managed to use ALLY SWITCH with the Metagross, it would still be faced with a defeat due to the attacking both of his pokemon. Luna's attack was also able to slice through the falling debris, due to it being weakened by the flames that scorched them, making Luna more able to dodge the remaining unscathed debris.

Once the finishing blow was dealt with to the fallen Braixen, Alec had finally spoken to Isaac. "It may be your strongest pokemon, but that doesn't mean I'll hand ya the victory right away. Show me what you got with this new round!" Alec said, his grin having not changed. After all, this battle only just started getting good.

TL;DR:
- Alec is fully aware of the threat that now lies before him, being Isaac's Metagross. However, despite this, he and his pokemon are still determined to give the battle his all.

- Maximus defends against Braixen's use of Fire Blast with King's Shield, protecting itself from damage, while Espeon attacks both the Metagross and Braixen with Swift.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 2:58:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You say that like you left me a lot of choice," Isaac pointed out, his smile taking a turn for the weary. From Isaac's perspective, he'd landed a pair of okay hits on the Espeon and was now facing down a Pokemon that the majority of his team had little ability to deal with. He was effectively down by one and pushed in a corner, even if Pandora was still conscious. " 'Sides, isn't that what your gym's about? Facing down the odds by giving it your all?"[break][break]

Pandora stubbornly clung to life, even as increasingly heavy efforts tried to put her down. Adrenaline turned Miyuki from a disaffected trickster to a frazzled warrior-witch, daring Alec to finish her off. Two of his teammates had already learned to accept their limitations but meet their foes with all their might. By sending out his best Pokemon to face down the tide, Isaac was taking the same step they had.[break][break]

And what a tide it was. Espeon, not bothered by the rain of flaming debris, danced around it while launching another homing Swift. Miyuki closed her eyes, sighed, and smiled, accepting her counterpart's final blow with dignity. She let unconsciousness take her, and with that put her trust in Omega to finish the fight.[break][break]

Omega, who was far less rattled by the stars sticking out of his armor, readily obliged. The initial inferno was shielded against by Aegislash, and even when the initial protection passed its Shield Forme would greatly boost its defenses. Isaac had wielded his own enough to know that fighting an Aegislash wasn't just about how one attacked. It was also about when. As if equally aware of this, Omega grabbed onto as much flaming debris as he could with Psychic, but did not yet make use of it.[break][break]

If they wanted to kick things off right, they'd need to force the issue. Isaac threw out his last Pokeball of the day, a Water Breed Tauros bursting from the ball and letting out a vicious battle cry. "Come on, Buffaloman! You're looking for a big fight? There's your man!"

The Tauros didn't need to be told twice. He beelined right towards the Aegislash, head lowered for a full-on tackle. However, this was simply a bluff. Instead of actually attacking, he would skid to a halt, toss his mane dismissively, and trot away with his nose held in the air. Such Swagger was sure to insult the Aegislash, and maybe even goad it into attacking.[break][break]

Once it made a move, whether through Alec's orders, wounded pride, or frustrated confusion, Omega would promptly pull the ball of flaming plant matter right towards the Aegislash's blade.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Omega and Miyuki both take the Swift. Miyuki faints and is recalled, while Omega takes it how most steel types would.[break]
Omega uses Psychic to catch flaming Frenzy Plant debris and hold it together, but does not yet use it to attack.[break]
This is because Isaac's final Pokemon, Buffaloman the Water Breed Tauros, uses Swagger to work up, confuse, and goad the Aegislash.[break]
Only now does Omega plan to strike, hoping to time his strike with a shift from Shield Forme to Blade Florme.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]