Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 7:02:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There it was. The ignorant hope she'd wish to blind her instead of him. That way, if one were to shatter, it'd be her. Not him. Not again.
[break][break]
Naturally, her fingers found themselves digging into the grooves of her sheets. They grounded her in a way reality failed to.
[break][break]
"Oh yeah," she heard herself say, "what kind of cafe is it?"
[break][break]
Familiarity coaxed her through the blur of lighthearted conversation. It felt like driving through the pitch-black night skies. While darkness rendered any road mystery, it was the memory of countless trips back and forth that carries one back to their garage. Only, she wondered if that was her destination in the first place.
[break][break]
"Actually," she let out a heavy breath, "i don't know if I can."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 7:06:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cianbase"]
[attr="class","cian1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

he props an elbow underneath him to support him as he rises to be closer to her.[break][break]

"it's like a brunch place that does killer scrambled eggs, but i think i'm craving the eggs benedict instead."[break][break]

cut short by her sudden response that hits him out of the blue, he pauses, confidence and hope faltering slightly.[break][break]

"oh. um, okay maybe some other time? like tomorrow if you're free?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]
[attr="class","cianpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.cianbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#cbb898;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 7:12:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her fingers squeeze the sheets tight between them.
[break][break]
"I leave town in a few hours," she reminded him, her voice distant. The further their conversation progressed, the icier her tone grew, until warmth became an afterthought not worth considering. She let her gaze settle on the corner of the television screen.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 7:17:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

hia gaze follows hers to the corner of the tv, wondering if he had forgotten to turn it off last night. but it was never on in the first place.[break][break]

maybe she's tired. he would be too after all the crying she seemed to have been doing before he ran into her. so he gives her the benefit of the doubt.[break][break]

the coldness in her voice rolls off of bim.[break][break]

"i can come see you in ever grand sometime. we can hit up that burger joint we really like."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 7:28:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Some say, when you're in love, being with that person is a special type of happiness. It's a feeling unmatched by anything else.
[Break][break]
Once Cian had made her feel like she was everything, and now, in the still air of that silent hotel room, she made him feel like she was nothing. Like she has nothing.
[Break][break]
Because only someone so cruel, so empty, would be able to pick up the handle of the pistole a second time.
[Break][break]
"No."
[Break][break]
She shook her head.
[Break][break]
Her finger curled around the trigger.
[Break][break]
"i don't think that's a good idea, either."
[Break][break]
This was supposed to be it.[break][break]
The last night they would share. Their last everything.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 11:00:36 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

and just like that, his brief glimmer of hope that led to fantasy comes crumbling down, disintegrating into whispers of the past.[break][break]

how he had been so foolish. again.[break][break]

"oh."[break][break]

no tears come this time. only disappointment — not at her but at himself.[break][break]

"gotcha. cool, cool, cool."[break][break]

he clicks his tongue, suddenly feeling awkward. he moves away from her, sliding off the bed to start gathering up his clothes to tug them on.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 14:53:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Somehow, his solemn look of disappointment pained her more than the tears she had half expected.
[Break][break]
"I'm sorry."
[Break][break]
How many times would she have to say it? And when will it start to mean something?
[Break][break]
The weight of the gun felt lighter with each bullet shot. Like a burden of weight finally being unloaded.
[Break][break]
She hesitated, then turned to look at him.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 15:32:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

"nah! nah, don't be. really, this one's on me for being stupid enough to think something was going to happen."[break][break]

stupid enough to think that this was anything more than him being used. he laughs, bitterness and hurt leaking through as he finishes shrugging his shirt on.[break][break]

"i just--"[break][break]

he hesitates, teetering on whether or not to continue.[break][break]

"--why? why use me like that, penny?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 15:41:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His question shattered her. Absolutely shattered her.
[Break][break]
Expression crumbling, Penelope dragged her knees to her chest. Her gaze still hovered over him, quiet, unsure where to start. Or if she even should.
[Break][break]
"I didn't mean to--"
[Break][break]
Use you like this.
[Break][break]
Her words came to an abrupt stop. It hurt knowing that her words had become poison and not the remedy he'd looked for. But maybe that was the way it's always been.
[Break][break]
"I love you, Cian. I promise that I do. I just-- I just can't right now. "
[Break][break]
She squeezed her eyes shut, forehead smooshed into the back of her knees. They were her last barrier defense. The last fortress to hide within.
[Break][break]
"I don't know."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 16:27:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

"not sure if you know but your promises aren't really worth a lot right now."[break][break]

they were, once upon a time, but their value shot down the moment she told him of the border.[break][break]

and like it had done then, his mind drifts to the odd realm, to the moment that tore them apart.[break][break]

he pauses.[break][break]

"...were you thinking about him?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 3:37:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His words hurt, but like many other things, there was no refuting it. What was once one broken promise had extended to another, then another, until there was no distinguishing what was real and what were fabricated pieces of what she thought needed to be said, instead of the truth.
[break][break]

Case and point, her next response.
[break][break]

"No! I would never--"
[break][break]

she bit down on her words, contemplative.
[break][break]

"Do you really think that low of me?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 10:53:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

a long pause follows, one he spends thinking, contemplating, and reflecting, because the conclusion he comes to fucking hurts.[break][break]

"...i do."[break][break]

she has broken his trust one too many times.[break][break]

he finishes tying the laces of his shoes and turns toward the door.[break][break]

"i hope you're happy with him, penny. actually, i hope you're happy with whoever you end up with because it's most likely not going to be him."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 13:29:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

No. No. No. No. No.
[break][break]

Urgency flooded her veins, begging for action to force her body into gear. If she could only get him to stay for another minute maybe they'd be able to fix this mess. Maybe she could fix herself.
[break][break]

"Cian, I-"
[break][break]

The hurt was smothering. There was no reprieve from the way it shattered her, turning flesh and bone into mere pieces of broken glass.
[break][break]

Was there anything else worth saying?
[break][break]

"I hope you find happiness, too."
[break][break]
And Im sorry it couldn't be with me.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
GLIMPSE OF US
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 4:25:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: