awards
142 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Chasing Echoes (M)
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 0:25:34 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
A deep, wordless sigh omits the thoughts haunting the assassin's mind. Ever since the border she's become aware that the ghosts of her past have come back to haunt her, and for some reason she cannot shake the feeling that one specific ghost is doing more than just that. Yet there's no proof yet, safe for said gut feeling.

A little something that'd become more intense ever since her possession at the Border. 

The reason she'd rather traverse thick, lush jungles wrought with traps and all things dangerous, than to thread the Border of whatever laid beyond. 

In a single, smooth movement Kyrenai's blade cut through the vines blocking her path, leaving the restricting greenery to dangle at the treeside. She looked back over her shoulder, making sure was still following suit. After the reports had found their way back to the assassin, detailing the events of Penny's death and apparent resurrection at the Borders, along with a list of other happenings that concerned her far less than that specific section, she'd felt like she'd been shirking her responsibilities. 

For one meant to keep the councilwoman safe, she'd been doing a rather poor job. Thus, she decided. This time she'd be taking charge. She did not wish to be the reason another fell, not when she was meant to protect.

"Everything still alright, or should we slow down for a bit?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Chasing Echoes (M)
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 5:27:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The borders had proven to be a dangerous jungle of otherworldly aberrations. If it hadn't been for the Jade beads, which beckoned for her eternal return, she would've made efforts to explore more than just these sepia-coated sceneries. Alas, there was no ignoring the realm's unfortunate call.
[break][break]

"Let's slow down," she offered back, nodding. Not for her - she was still abled and readied to continue at full speed - but for the sake of upkeep. It'd been far too long since a journey was spent with . Might as well make the most of it. "How's your resolution treating you? Any breakthroughs with ?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
142 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Chasing Echoes (M)
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 2:30:51 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
She nods, lessening her pace until she's fallen back in step with Penelope. Or close to, at least; she's only a few paces ahead rather than a several feet, silently thanking the jungle's momentary reprieve as the thicket opens up for a path of sorts, most-likely one its original inhabitants follow on the daily.

"It's... going. Barely," she admits. "I've scheduled an impromptu visit after this, actually. Planned on doing so sooner, but I got," her voice trails off as she thinks about the many reasons her original plans on said family reunion got thwarted. It takes her a moment too long to gather her thoughts, the momentary hesitation out in the open when she continues. "sidetracked."

The smile she gives the councilwoman is all but convincing.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Chasing Echoes (M)
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 20:12:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The smile was all that was needed to affirm what she'd already thought.
[break][break]

With a thoughtful nod, the councilwoman continued forward, sympathies never extending into a glance more lasting than a few seconds. The ferocity of the realms offered no promise of peace; it would be naive to assume that it would.
[break][break]

"If you ever need help wrangling that asshole, just let me know."
[break][break]

would've been working under Penelope long enough to be used to her more crude language, especially when dealing with people of disinterest. And Ex-councilman Gaberial was certainly one of little interest or respect. Not that she'd ever mention that to his dotting sister. No, that was something kept to herself.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
142 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
Chasing Echoes (M)
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 0:53:51 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar
The faint smile shifts into a genuine grin at the councilwoman's crude wording, the hint of a chuckle touching the assassin's shoulders. "Honestly, I might actually take you up on that for another asshole entirely, too." she says, casting her eyes to the lush flora shielding the sky.

Her silence lingers, and then she just sighs. "I'm really not sure what to do with him, either," she mutters underneath her breath, moreso rhethorically than to actually expect a reply to it. Newly-resurrected, Kyrenai knew little about Yuki's life in the Beyond, nor what to think about her at all. At first she'd been happy, emotional at seeing her again, but now she remembered the words that had caused the woman's death in the first place, it had soured her initial reaction.

She hadn't mentioned it to anyone. Yet. Not even her family was aware of her ties with the Hanakata Clan.

"How are you dealing with things ever since..." Ever since everything. Kyrenai just gestures with her hand, a swirling motion, but it gets the point across.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights