1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Unlikely Duo (Postdormitum)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 22:46:38 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
She was someone that he was familiar with, in fact she was the culprit behind his missing nodes. A child by the name of was to be his partner in this mission. Though he knew relatively little about her, or how she came to be in rocket. The fact that she was so capable was a little concerning for him, as at that age he was not doing all of this. For the moment though they were partners, and so he would not patronize her with worry. His ever trusty Gallade was keeping a lookout as they gathered the strange materials form this place. They were pearls, and they were to load up as much as the chest they had could hold, and then bring them back. They would sell for a nice profit, but he wanted to see if they had other properties as well.

"Are you almost done?" Came the slightly distorted robotic voice as he spoke to her having just finished filling his own small chest. The fact that there were troves of these pearls in this place was curious enough for him to want to spend more time here. Though it wasn't as interesting as the Mechanical Kingdom in his opinion.

Closing the locks on the chest he looked over at Eris, for someone so young to be in this position. Just how badly had the League failed this region, and every other one. Perhaps before this endeavor was over he would take his mask off, and they would have a proper conversation. She liked tinkering with machinery like he did, though on a bit of a more explosive scale.

"Thankfully there don't seem to be any League nearby, hopefully our luck holds out." A robotic chuckle left him, though he was sure it sounded strange to her.

Because his luck rarely ever held out.

TLDR
Amor thinks
Cargo Mission!

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 5:08:34 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He's a stranger in these parts and her memories. His outfit? Downright tacky. And the way he carries treasure with an actual chest really doesn't help how she perceives him in this very moment. That's exactly how ancient pirates knew to rob each other, because the treasure was always kept in some conspicuous treasure chest.[break][break]

Unlike him, she has a simple leather pouch, more than capable of withstanding a few gashes and tons easier for her to carry compared to some hunk of wood and metal. And Reiner has several packs of his own, helping her to hold whatever else that she's unable to carry. Overall, their haul seems pretty decent and she offers the masked Rocket a raised eyebrow as he continues to rattle on.[break][break]

"Our luck won't hold out if you don't get a move on." She huffs, climbing onto Reiner's back as he begins to take the lead. "Your thrift store outfit might actually get us caught."
[break][break]
[break]
100 (cargo) + 50 (start) + 10 (post)
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || postdormitum: cargo

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 9:17:17 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Did she just call his highly advanced suit of state of the art tech, a thrift store ware....Underneath his helm he just blinked a few times, and then his mouth spoke before his brain could catch up.

"My mother helped me make this y'know." The words were gone before he could take them back. The child had unlocked his inner sarcasm in an instant, thankfully his robotic voice hid it from her. While it wasn't entirely untrue, it wasn't entirely true either, and he felt a bit bad about deceiving her if only partially. Kids were gonna kid, and he wasn't use to being around them very often. However he didn't want to backtrack either. So now he was just stuck with what he said, and so he got a move on letting her trail behind him as he lugged the chest of booty.

Was it practical? Probably not, but whether others agreed or not, it was more fun to do it this way, because who hadn't wanted to have a chest of treasure at least once? Was Amor using these Rocket missions, to cross things off his childish bucket list? Yes. Did he care? No. The fact that there was real danger only added to the atmosphere a bit.

"Y'know I have another chest? Having an actual chest makes the whole adventure feel a bit more authentic don't you think?" It was an odd thing for the adult to act like a child, and the child to act like an adult.

TLDR
Amor's sarcasm was unintentionally activated.
Aesthetics matter when you're getting treasure!

MP Total
IC Post x2 - 20

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 22:34:41 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Oh, his mom helped make it? For a moment, she looks away, clearly a little guilty as she begins to knead her knuckles.[break][break]

"How much time did she spend on it? Does your mom even know you're doing..." She gestures to all of him, not quite certain where to even start. "... this?"
[break][break]
[break]
100 (cargo) + 50 (start) + 20 (post)

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 14:14:51 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
It was a fact no one knew, because Amor rarely talked about his past to anyone. He remembered he had been reading some comic book as a child, and there was a Superhero that had no special powers, just a mechanical suit that he had built with his own two hands, and he saved the world with just that. He constantly upgraded, and iterated on the suit making it better with each addition. As a child Amor had been so enamored with the thought that anyone could be a Superhero with just their intelligence, and he remembered drawing up a diagram of his own suits. It had been when he was going through a phase where he thought Ninja's were cool. He had shown it to his mother, and she just laughed, and for Halloween that year, she had made a cloth version of his design.

The same design that he wore now.

"She spent several months putting it together. I remember being very excited when she presented it to me." It was a half lie, and he stopped at her second question, a click of his tongue. "She passed away, so I like to think that where ever she is, she understands why I am doing what I am doing." He hoped both of his parents understood, Amor truly believed that Rocket was the only way to save this plane of existence, and for as horrible as they could be. With Rocket you understood what you were getting into. The League was just as bad, but they would stab you in the back while pretending to be your friend. There was no pretense in Rocket.

It was like some famous pirate had once said. You could always trust a liar to lie, it was the honest ones you needed to worry about.

"What about you? Do you think your mom understands why you are here, and doing this?" He could guess that she was similar to him in terms of her parentage. She was an orphan like he was, but far less fortunate. She didn't have a butler like Walter to guide her through life, or an extreme amount of money either. She was just surviving as best she could, and that deserved more respect in his opinion.

MP Total
IC Post x2 - 20
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 22:32:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oh."[break][break]

The silence grows even louder, her breadth of vocabulary failing her in that very moment. What is it that she's looking for?[break][break]

"I'm sorry. For saying that about your outfit. Your momma must've put in lotsa love." She doesn't quite meet his gaze, but she's genuine in all that she says. "My momma... was shot trying to protect me. She'd have wanted me to stay alive... happy and healthy..."[break][break]

Not that she's found any of that on either side of this war.[break][break]

"I think she'd know how scared I am. Of all of this."
[break][break]
[break]
100 (cargo) + 50 (start) + 30 (post)

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 0:16:55 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Of course she was scared, who wouldn't be? She was a child no more the age than he was when he had lost his parents. It was like looking in a very short mirror when he glanced over at the girl. There were differences, but many similarities.

"It's hard being a kid, trying to survive isn't it?" He could sort of relate. After all he had gone on the run from his childhood home, and had to go on the run again after his broken wedding. "Everyone thinks they know what you want, or what is best for you. But none of them really seem to listen to what you say, despite saying that they do." It was probably worse for her being in Rocket, not that he knew for sure. After all he didn't know of her relationship to other rockets, or league members.

"I think it's okay to be scared, because that means you have courage." He stated as they walked at a leisurely pace. "My mother told me once, that courage isn't the absence the fear. It's being afraid, and still doing what you believe in." It was a good piece of advice, one that he kept near, and dear to his heart. "What do you want to do?" To him it was a simple question, but he wondered if it was the same for her.

MP Total
IC Post x3 - 30

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 5:57:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She should feel comforted, knowing that someone understands what she's going through. And yet, the more she listens to how he lays everything out, the more visibly upset she grows.[break][break]

"I don't even know what I want... o- or well... I want to stay here, with everyone that I know but everyone else says it's wrong." Her lips grow pale as she continues to chew on them, "I know there are bad people here but there's also lotsa nice people. And the people on the other side, they hurt me even more than the people here. They push and pull me around, they keep saying things that are wrong and they don't want to understand. They say that's cause Rocket hurt them... yeah but... there's people like me who end up here..."[break][break]

The gentle sway of Reiner's body keeps her thoughts ebbing and flowing, her gaze kept to her fingers as they comb through his mane.[break][break]

"Even if I wanted to leave, they'd... never try to help. Not in the ways that I hope that they would."[break][break]

It's never a healthy discussion on understanding what she's feeling. It's always a lecture on how her mind is warped and she's defending the wrong people.[break][break]

"I don't want to be hunted down again like some wild pokemon. O- or questioned like I'm... some extra horrible murderer that deserves to die. I don't like being hurt, but I'm just... weak."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 21:39:00 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He didn't speak he just listened, sometimes all someone needed was just an ear to listen. Though he couldn't help, but feel a fresh wave of anger at the League when she spoke to him about how they had treated her. What did they know? What could they possibly know? They sheer audacity of their smug little faces as they probably lectured the girl next to him, made him want to punch them all in the face for a moment, but it wasn't his place to get mad for her. They were basically strangers, he had no right to fight on her behalf like some ancient champion of old. So instead he just listened to what she said, and he lightly tapped his forearm as he thought.

"Being weak is a matter of perspective, but if you mean physically, then yes. Unfortunately due to your age, and size that is true, and you can only overcome that with time as you grow up." It was a harsh reality, but he didn't need to say more than that, she had put a lot of thought into her situation, she understood it better than he could. "I wish I had better words to offer you, a way to level you up like some character out of a game, but I am at a loss." Even with all his genuis there were just things that not even he could fix, without Dialga not even he could bend time.

"However, you said your mom would want you to be happy, and healthy. I think that is a good starting point for your journey." There wasn't anything he felt that he could offer her that wouldn't feel like it was shallow, other than words. She could at least choose to ignore his words if she wanted, and no harm would be done. "You are alive which means you are at least somewhat healthy, yes? I don't know enough about you to know what makes you happy, except that you like to tinker with machines similar to me." He was trying to make the conversation much lighter on her, she had been through enough, there was no need to drag her down a road she had traveled down a thousand times before.

"Maybe others have said this before me, so it's probably something you have heard a hundred times before. But I know that feeling when the same words, and platitudes keep coming at you, and it feels like the entire world has rehearsed the same lines. They say sorry, use honey words to try, and lure you. Tell you that you don't know better because of your age." He remembered it all to well. "But if you ever do need a respite. I have a large enough home, you can just take a vacation there, my dragon army, and butler won't let anyone on the grounds without my say so. So you will have a place to think as long as you want."

It was the least he could offer considering her situation, it was the same offer that had been made to him many years ago. Kindness should be paid forward he felt.

"You can even help me upgrade my suit. You of course can say no. Like I said, I'm sure you've heard this same line a hundred times before." How could she not have heard it before, it was probably the first line in the book of things to say to someone you wanted to help.

Total MP
IC Post x4 - 40

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 0:40:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I don't think she meant borderline alive when she said healthy." Eris sighs, gingerly squeezing her own wrist. Two back wounds that could kill her if she reopened either, a weak immune system worn down by her lifestyle and the blindness in her left eye? She's lucky that nothing from the Kanto war seems to have resurfaced.[break][break]

Still, he's right in that she remains alive. The help he offers is something akin to what many others have offered, a place of respite where she can hide out and think if she so wishes. And it'll be taken in stride as always, if not due to her lack of trust, then her guilt in involving someone else in her problems - Not that she had ever expected any of them to go to that kind of lengths to help her.[break][break]

"I'll think about it." It's the only answer she can come up with in the moment, "Some things are already too clunky to improve."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 20:12:42 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
"As long as we are alive, we can move forward, toward something better. At least that is what I think." It was probably nonsense to most people, but he wanted to get better, so that he could protect those things that meant the world to him. "I won't pretend to know what your mother thinks, so I won't speak for her. All I'll say is that nothing is ever to clunky to improve. It may take time, and some patience, but I think if anyone can do it, it is you." There was sincerity in his words though he didn't know if she would believe him.

"I was around your age when my family was taken from me." These were things he rarely spoke to anyone about, so he tried to keep it short. "She died protecting me as well. I would like to think you are more resilient than I am." And there was a click, and his helm would vanish from his head, revealing his face to her, and the long silvery hair spilled out. How it was kept underneath that helm was a mystery better left unsolved.

"Never give up on improving the clunky bits. Sometimes those are the most important, and I am sure you have many people whom know you better than I do, who might agree." He didn't look down at her, or even in her direction as they walked, and talked. She would recognize him, and he felt they could talk better like this. "Or I could be talking out of my rear, and you think I am annoying. Both are valid." He smiled a little hoping to ease some of the tension.

Total MP
IC Post x5 - 50

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 1:17:03 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Seeing just who resides under that mask, Eris has a gut feeling that nothing in Hoenn can surprise her anymore. She had read a whole bunch of news and at some point, she had suspected that someone like would join the ranks. It was only a matter of where and when she would stumble across him.[break][break]

"Sometimes, improvement comes through completely letting go of those clunky bits."[break][break]

She's beginning to realise it. That the more she tries to hold onto what she hopes might be a world she can live in, at the end of the day, she's the one getting hurt for trying. There's no way she can return home to be with , because she's well and truly proven that she doesn't trust the League either.[break][break]

"Ah well, whatever. Life just goes on anyways. I'll deal with things as they come."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 20:44:04 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Again he just listened, and what she said was valid. While he didn't agree with it entirely it wasn't his place to lecture her, or correct her.

"I see that is a fair outlook to have on the world. You can't always plan for what comes after you, being able to improvise is a useful skill." He nodded as he looked around to make sure that no one nefarious was trying to creep upon them at this point. Thankfully it had been peaceful here in this moment with her, they were just two broken people, traveling together in a random dimension, delivering who knows what to a den of criminals.

It sounded like a comic book almost.

"Can I ask you a personal question?" It was something he was curious about, and who better to ask than someone who knew exactly what he had gone through himself. "You can say no, but I would like a strangers opinion."

MP Total
IC Post x6 - 60

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 23:11:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There he goes again, turning what she just said into his own words. Is it some special skill that adults have? Somehow deriving some complex life lesson from bits of conversations that hadn't originally carried that meaning? Either way, she brushes off those 'wise-sounding' words in favour of checking through Reiner's mane for any small cuts she might have missed.[break][break]

"Depends on what the question is." She holds back on giving any definitive answers, ruby eyes flicking over to for that split second as if she might just discern his thoughts before he even forms the words. "And also depends on whether I have any thoughts on it."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,898 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 23:55:01 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He's oblivious to her inner thoughts, but her answer to his question gives him pause as remains silent for several seconds thinking about how to phrase what he wanted to ask her.

"Do you think the League can be saved from themselves? I'm sure you've seen more than your fair share of them, and done battle with them as well." Balance was important to maintain in any power struggle, but with the way things were going, that Balance was slowly being upset, and not in a good way. "I guess I'm just curious, from your perspective. What do you think separates them from us? Aside from the law." Saying it out loud he doesn't know if he phrased it properly, but hopefully his point got through despite his clumsy manner of speaking.

MP Total
IC Post x7 - 70