Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
TICK TICK BOOM [POST DORM]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 1:40:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Desperation raked the councilwoman's every movement. Pacing back and forth, she picked at her nails as her thoughts scattered across the realm of possibilities, both positive and negative. She'd been told by one of her personnel that they'd found someone to help fix their communication devices, but the battle was drawing near the end of its second hour, and with little time to waste, things were teetering off the edge of desperation.
[break][break]

She was off near the outskirts of the battle, stationed in one of their scattered encampments of technology. It was how they've been able to transmit pertinent information to their allies. But, since their system broke, there have been no ways of sending out more than a single beep worth of signal.
[break][break]

At least, not until...
[break][break]

"Councilwoman Livy, he's here,"
a familiar voice announced from her right-hand side, "meet ."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

COMMS

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 15:07:13 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton nervously smoothed out the wrinkles in his lab coat, his heart thumping in his chest as he was led into the encampment. He felt like the entire weight of the world was on his shoulders, despite the issue being with the communications going out to the actual leaguers that were doing battle. At least, he was helping, even if it was in his own, small way.

Colton's body went stiff when he was introduced to the council woman, unsure if he should salute or bow as a greeting to her. Both seemed a bit too formal, though, so he simply nodded his head. "Happy to be of service. Where do you want me to start looking? Or is there any particular spots of exposed, frayed wires?" he asked, looking over his shoulder as he did. Behind him, Arti floated up, a box of tools balanced on its head while Burnout pulled a cart of tools behind himself, as well. Perhaps it might have been too much, but when it came to electronics, there were any numbers of potential problems.

Better safe than sorry.

OOC: Comms 1/2
50 MP (Participation), 10 MP (IC Post)
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 18:02:33 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

This one was quick to work. Good.
[Break][break]
"It's a pleasure to meet you," Penelope smiled, not allowing formalities to slip away. In times of war, they might as well be all that they had left. "To be frank, I haven't gotten a good look at it. All of our techs are at different encampments and my normal go-to is back at HQ."
[Break][break]
Her mind wandered to . Hopefully, he was doing okay throughout all this shit.
[Break][break]
Upon closer inspection of the transmitter, Colton would come to find that it'd been mainly untouched. Beyond the sideboard being popped open, which allowed its wiring to spill, none of the wires were frayed or opened. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, really.
[Break][break]
"Think you can fix it?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 21:22:47 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton nodded, already looking to the transmitter. His mind was racing through what potential problems or solutions might be. His stance relaxed as he approached it, kneeling down as his Pokémon moved up behind him. Just a cursory glance gave him no indication as to what went wrong, as nothing appeared damaged save the side paneling being opened up to expose the wiring.

"I should be able to, yes, barring any unforeseen circumstances," he answered, waving Arti over with one hand while retrieving a small knife with his other hand. Very carefully, he cut open the rubber casing around each wire, exposing just a little bit of it. "Run through the wires and see if you can't find the issue, Arti." The Rotom obeyed, leaving its preferred washing machine body and zipping into the transmitter as Colton reached into the box that had been on top of Arti's head, pulling out an Ohmeter.

He carefully set up the pins against each wire, checking the feedback received from each one as his Pokémon's electricity ran through them.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 70 MP
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 6:03:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She knew better than to breathe over someone's neck. It'd only serve to layer additive pressure onto the individual, but with how pertinent this work was, and with how much was at stake, there was little else on her mind other than ensuring the work was done.
[break][break]

"You seem experienced," she commented with a hum, "are you self-taught?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 3:01:45 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton glanced back and forth between the wire he was touching and the Ohmmeter, sucking on his teeth when one of them came back with a reduced flow. He whistled, prompting Arti to pop its head out of the exposed wiring. He pointed to the offending wire, the Rotom buzzing in response as it dove back into the transmitter while Colton collected some additional tools.

"Sort of. I went to school for engineering, but I figured out a lot when I was a kid by just messing with stuff," he answered, wrapping the exposed wires in electrical tape to seal them back off again. "Radio transmitters were pretty easy to get a hold of and they generally all operate the same."

He didn't turn to look back at Penelope as he worked, pulling various tools and parts out as he steadily disassembled the transmitter.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 80 MP
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 2:53:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"So you were always interested in electronics," she nodded, understanding the sentiment. Had it been a year ago, she might've stood on the other side of this conversation, digging into a conversation about her own deep-rooted passions.
[break][break]

Unfortunately, reality had robbed most of that passion from her.
[break][break]

"Well, thank god. We would be in a pretty shit situation without you."
[break][break]

She hoped 's fate wouldn't lead to the same path she had followed.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 3:52:32 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton nodded at her observation. "Pretty much since day one. Makes me sound like a huge nerd, but I enjoy it. Learning what makes things tick has always fascinated me," he answered as he gently placed each individual piece of the transmitter aside, leaving the interior electronics exposed. He set the screwdriver aside before lightly tapping the offending wire that detached itself from the circuit board a moment later, Arti's mischievous smile appearing in the small spark for a brief moment before the other end detached itself as well.

"Just trying my best to be helpful, Ms. Livy," he answered, shaking his head in a dismissive manner. As he reached back to retrieve a fresh spool of wire, he gestured to the space around them. "I have to say, this is probably the strangest place I've ever worked in. Nothing like an eldritch, alien landscape to really set the atmosphere."

Almost as if it was an invitation, a small horn made from coral sprouted on to the top of his head, the red tip just barely breaching his messy brown locks.

10 (Mutations), 10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 100 MP
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 20:51:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yeah, well, Hoenn can be just as weird," she shrugged.
[break][break]

Between the opening rifts, the threats of world-ending disasters, sweeping terrorism, aliens, and the creation of demigods, there was never a boring season to be had. At least in the Ultra Sea, things were kept to a certain level of eldritch horrors at all times. Unlike Hoenn, which made deviations from the standard of its own personal hobby.
[break][break]

"Shit, Colton, your head--"
[break][break]

Her words were forced into an abrupt pause as she inched closer, eyes peering at a lightly protruding piece of coral.
[break][break]

"What is that?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 3:07:26 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton chuckled in response to Penelope’s statement. ”It certainly can be. Seems like everyday, the world just goes more and more insane,” he mused, his hands and tools continuing to work deftly across the circuits as he talked. ”That’s another reason I like machines. In the face of everything, they just make sense. Easy to predict, easy to fix, easy to understand. Makes for a good bedrock in-“

He paused, looking back over his shoulder at Penelope with an eyebrow raised. His head? What was going on with his head? Did he have something leftover from the jellyfish creature he and had encountered there?

He reached up, running his fingers through his messy brown locks, expecting whatever it was to fall out after a pass or two. Onky, what he found didn’t move. It merely jerked at the top of his scalp, where further inspection concluded that it was indeed procuring out from. He could feel his skin smoothly merging into the hard, lumpy substance. He felt his heart begin to beat faster in his chest as his free hand pulled his Rotom phone out, directing it to snap a picture of the horn on his head.

When his phone swung itself back down, Colton stared at the picture dumbfounded. There, clear as day, a piece of coral jutted out of the top of his head. He felt panic begin to set in, his skin itching. He wanted to run away, to see what else had happened to his body, to get out of this nightmare world before his mind snapped…

But Arti, sensing his trainer’s growing panic, popped its body outside of the circuit board, floating over and nuzzling itself against Colton’s cheek. The staticky feeling of his partner next to him brought Colton out of his own head for a moment, just long enough to look at Arti’s concerned face, then to the broken apart transmitter. The circuits all going into their designated spots, the antenna leading down towards the transceiver, which lead to the speaker. Everything flowing as it should, even in pieces as it was. A bedrock of certainty, of reality. Something he could cling onto amongst all this madness.

Slowly, Colton’s breathing slowed and his heart rate returned to normal. He took in a deep breath, held it for a moment, then slowly let it out. ”A side effect of being in the Ultra Deep Sea, no doubt,” he answered, his voice calm as he turned back to his work. ”I can’t let it bother me, though. I’ve still got to get communications back up.”

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 110 MP
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 6:15:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope blinked back the shock, jaw lightly hanging open. She couldn't figure out what was more jarring: his outlandish discipline for finishing the task at hand or the coral abomination protruding from his forehead.
[break][break]

"Are you sure? If you need to see our medical team, I would understand."
[break][break]

Her words trailed out slowly, uncertainty riddled between them. There was no denying the importance of setting their systems back into gear, but further mistakes induced by this newfound piling of stress and sporadic nerves would only further hinder their plans.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 15:13:15 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton shook his head, needing to take a moment to breathe and resettle himself. It wasn’t that he didn’t appreciate her concern, but he was teetering on the edge of sanity, his mental state threatening to slip and fall at each possible step.

“I’ll be okay. It doesn’t hurt or anything, so it’s probably nothing more than a cosmetic change,” he answered, managing a reassuring smile with a thumbs up.

Colton had no idea if that was true or not. for all he knew, the coral horn could be sapping his life force to birth another ultra beast or something. but now, in that moment, It was nothing more than a simple horn. One he could push through so long as he kept his focus on the task at hand.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 120 MP
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 4:41:55 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Well okay."
[break][break]

There was only so much she could do. If he wanted to risk his safety for the continuation of the repair, then so be it.
[break][break]

While he continued to work, fusing steel and tethering wires, she peered over his shoulders yet again, thoughts teetering between worry and small bits of relief.
[break][break]

"I haven't seen you a lot around HQ," she mused, "are you new? or are you more of a freelancer?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 2:33:16 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton could tell there was some hesitation as she yielded to his decision to ignore the coral horn. It wasn’t that he wasn’t worried about it, far from it considering he was actually terrified that mutations had begun to sprout off of his body. But, if he could just keep his focus, he could delay the inevitable panic attack after he finished his work. And hopefully still be alive to actually get it checked out.

”Admittedly, I’m something of a homebody,” he said, checking the electrical flow for a moment before going back to work. ”I spend a lot of time in my personal lab just working on stuff. Trying to be useful while staying out of the way. This is really my first time out in the field and I can’t tell you how much I want to be back in my safe little hobbit hole.”

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 130 MP
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 3:06:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Shame. The league could always use another brainiac under their department. Lips pulled into a taut frown, she gazed over his work, sharp eyes in search of the smallest sliver of a clue. It wouldn't amount to much - even if she gain the most minor piece of insight, there wasn't much to do with said information, but it felt better than idly standing by and twiddling her thumbs.
[break][break]

"It's a lot," she pulled together a smile in agreeance. "But, I promise you it gets better."
[break][break]

It doesn't. Not for her, at least. No matter the number of expeditions traveled or battles forced upon her, the pungent stench of iron would never cease to stab at her, nor the twisted sense of dread that usually accompanied it.
[break][break]

Still....
[break][break]

"It feels good, though. Knowing you're doing your best and helping where you can. I never get enough."

[break][break]