he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
CARGO: CH || POSTDORM
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 22:52:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Hopefully I'll never need one again," Hideo added, "But sure; once you make them, I could take some. Just in case those Jellyfish things get out of these caves and into Hoenn."

Come to think of it, weren't there reports of those Ultra Beasts a while back, where some looked like Jellyfish? Was the one they encountered the same one? He'd have to ask someone more familiar with Ultra Beasts some other time.

He listened as the man told him about his Pokemon. "Oh, a Paldean Pokemon! They're pretty new around Hoenn." He pointed towards his Meowscarada. "Meowser here is the first one I got. Got her as a little Sprigatito, but she evolved quickly."

The Meowscarada grinned, patting her trainer on the head.

"Pretty neat that Paldea's got a Pokemon that's an engine. If you build a car around it, you could get yourself a self-driving car!" Something he didn't have to point out, courtesy of Colton's own Revavroom driving ahead of them, leaving them in its dust. "Wouldn't mind getting me one and getting it to drive me around~"

MP Total: 140
+10 (post)
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 18:13:26 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton thought for a moment at idea of the creatures getting out of Ultra Space and into Hoenn. The possibility wasn't entirely out of the question, but he wondered if escaping from Ultra Space was what they should be worried about. It seemed more likely that some ambitious fool would try and capture the creature to use its venom for nefarious purposes...

Which wasn't all that different from Colton's own ideas.

"Yep, but I'm not sure how he would react to being used as such. Burnout's always been one for speed since I found him," Colton said, though it did make him wonder just how powerful Revavroom's engine was. Maybe they were capable of being engines for cars, but the people of Paldea had simply never tried because Cyclizar existed.

Ideas to think on later. Right now, they had a job to finish. "It can't be far now. Hopefully, nothing else pops up to get in our way," he said, recalling Bourdon back to its Pokéball to let it rest. Such a large barrier to hold back the creature must have been quite draining for the Bronzong.

OOC: Cargo 1/2
10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 150 MP
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 17:36:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Maybe there are other Revavroom that wouldn't mind it," Hideo mused. "They'd probably be pretty popular if there were more around here. Poison's easy to get when some Pokemon are literally dripping with it, so you don't have to worry about fuel as much. Rotom's already pretty popular 'cause it can power pretty much anything electric for you."

He could even get a car of his own, or even just a motorcycle. He couldn't drive either himself for obvious reasons, but having a Pokemon do it would solve that issue easily.

Hideo couldn't resist chuckling slightly at Colton's words. "Well, I hope so too. I've had enough with battling in these caves." Not saying he couldn't, but he'd had his fill of battling for today, both against Rocket and against whatever monsters were wandering around. "Though, uh, saying it out loud makes it more likely to happen. Don't wanna jinx it."

Though he was sure they could handle anything else that threatened them. His Pokemon were tough enough to handle it, and he still had three on him that were rested up.

MP Total: 150
+10 (post)
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 15:43:33 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
"I've no doubt about that. I think it'd be interesting to see cars that utilized Revavroom as the engine. So long as its not exploitive and the Revavroom like it, like Rotom with electronics as you mentioned, then the environmental benefits alone would make them much more desirable than a regular car," Colton answered, nodding in agreement.

Even beyond consuming the secretions of Poison-type Pokémon, a Revavroom that fueled itself off of pollution could actually help clean nature up. Perhaps he'd draft up an idea one of these days...

As they walked along, Colton could hear the sound of Burnout's engines growing louder and louder. It didn't sound like he was moving anymore and, as they grew ever closer, Colton could see a tent in growing larger, with his Revavroom's silver body gleaming next to it. Relief flooded his body, reaching down and recalling Lodestone and Bourdon back to their Pokéball.

"Looks like we made it, mostly in one piece, at least. Thanks for helping me get this stuff down here," he said, an appreciative smile on his face.

OOC: Cargo 1/2
10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 160 MP
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 21:54:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded. "Yeah, as long as they like doing it. It's no good if they're forced to do that kind of work." He already knew his Rotoms could leave their devices whenever they wanted, but could a Revavroom leave a car if it was fitted as its engine? "And it'd be nice for cleaning places up, right? If they're eating up poison, that's less toxic stuff other Pokemon have to deal with, right?"

Save for the few that liked it - or were toxic stuff.

Hideo could hear an engine in the distance - the same kind that had raced ahead of them. While his arms weren't exactly tired from carrying this box, he was eager to finally get to set it down. His Meowscarada was sure to guide him towards a proper spot to lower it, his Aggron dumping its boxes down on a clearing near the tent.

"Glad I could be of some help," he said, "and not just with the boxes. Those Jellyfish monsters can be a hassle. Hopefully, the one we dealt with left to lick its wounds."

…did they even have tongues? Eh, he'd leave that for the science-y people.

MP Total: 460
+10 (post)
+200 (win)
+100 (mission completion)
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 23:48:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: