Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
dear fellow traveller [postdorm]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 18:31:43 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknox2"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Cyg ususally had a pretty good internal clock but even that was all fucked up here in this land of borderless sea-dark. She cracked her neck and felt something solid under her boots-- ground, real ground, though it was spinning in an unknown direction. It shifted a bit with her weight.

Despite the permanent night and ethereal heartbeat that pounded like a migraine in her ears, Cyg thought she could probably live here, maybe. The constant lack of gravity made her stomach weightless and it felt like she was on a rollercoaster more often than not.

Somehow she’d mostly avoided the big fights. Had a few scrabbles, here and there. Everything felt like it was building… like an orgasm, or, like, a sneeze, after needing to sneeze for a really, really long time.

She was chomping at the bit for a fight.

“Find anything fun yet?” she called on her private commlink queued into , hoping he was in range-- and, you know, still conscious/alive.

tl;dr

+ 'is isaac still alive' counts as 'pivotal information' to me
+ wearing

[attr="class","samknoxt"]
[attr="class","samknoxc"]

[newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:420px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]margin-left: 0;margin-right: 0;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:poppins, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:80px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin-bottom: -30px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:11.5px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 1.5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 19:03:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac and Cygne's sentiments were similar, but for vastly different reasons. Whereas Cygne felt on the edge of some great, trmendous buildup, Isaac felt like he was in the recovery period. The roller coaster had already taken off at light speed, and his guts were shuddering along the track to try and keep up with him.[break][break]

The League and Rocket were both trying to ring God's doorbell. His little sibling was a Ranger. On both cosmic and personal levels, the climax had been set the moment the operation had started. Everything else was just a long, messy denouement, and Isaac was strapped in until the ride was over.[break][break]

A familiar voice crackled in from his earpiece. He knew she disagreed with his earlier decision, especially since it didn't work out.[break][break]

If she was able to tap into his channel, it meant they were at least Close Enough. It also meant they were both alive, which was good. With so many others in his life crumbling, Cygne being okay was one of the few realities of Rocket life that he could count on. If their recklessness and greed ever got her hurt . . .[break][break]

"Rocks and jellyfish, mostly," Isaac admitted. The Ultra Deep Sea's cavern network gave a lot less room to roam than other, more open ended Wilds. Despite this, it was starting to dawn on Isaac that, no matter how far he followed a tunnel, it never seemed to end. It only continued to twist, turn, and branch into infinity. "And also this weird pink gas that makes you start seeing shit. Kinda feels like my Musharna's gas, but like . . . More."[break][break]

Whatever the fuck it was, after what he had seen by , he wanted nothing more to do with it.

"How about you?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 21:22:49 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Cyg didn’t have entanglements. She was lucky. and were both decidedly capable of taking care of themselves. She didn’t really have ‘League friends’-- or, at the very least, no one she wouldn’t murk for the cause.

Isaac’s voice in her ear seemed to be trying to aim at something passe and conversational, but there was a low note to it, like the silence that falls after an echo.

“Yeah, I think that’s the Interdream stuff… dream juice. What the fuck ever.” She ducked around a corner and stared down a pit to nothing and a dead end. The twisting, turning map of her path in her head was all convoluted and interwoven like intestines slid back in on one another. It was beginning to make her nauseous.

“Holding up okay? I’m about to find and check on her, but I’m sure I can find you if you need anything…” It was a question with no good answer. Holding up was relative.

tl;dr

+ 'is isaac still alive' counts as 'pivotal information' to me
+ wearing

[newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:420px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]margin-left: 0;margin-right: 0;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:poppins, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:80px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin-bottom: -30px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:11.5px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 1.5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 2:19:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Whatever it is, I don't trust it one bit," Isaac admitted. "This place gives me the creeps enough without it putting a bunch of fucked up dreams on the big screen."[break][break]

The things had shown him were going to stick in his mind for a long, long while.[break][break]

When asked if he was holding up okay, Isaac felt a strained smile spreading across his face. "I mean, this isn't the worst active warzone I've set foot on," Isaac admitted. Sure, he found out his biological little sibling was now an enemy of the organization that he was part of, and he'd had to deal with his surrogate little sibling being abused by a particularly vengeful Grunt, and he'd had to tussle with the Avatars of both the Truth and Ideal Dragons, and he'd gotten a severe dose of Harcourt-related night terrors . . .[break][break]

Okay. So objectively speaking, this all sucked. But at least none of his Pokemon died in agonizing fashion right before his eyes. There was a win![break][break]

"It's just . . ." It was probably no secret to Cygne that Isaac was starting to doubt Rocket's increasingly hardline stance. Operation: Mancave was clear as day proof of that. "Not just us, but. This whole damn region, all chasing after the Sealing Stone. Like trying to knock on Arceus' front door is a remotely good idea. Especially after we've been told again and again that at the rate we're going, we're gonna end the whole damn multiverse."[break][break]

"Am I the only one that finds this all batshit insane?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 17:39:00 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]cyg wondered what her nightmares would look like. sharks, probably. and bears. bears were a lot scarier than anyone gave them credit for.

disappointing isaac could be crossed squarely off the list, as it was a reality she was living in, at present. it hurt less than she imagined it would: like an inevitability, a punch you saw coming. she didn't know if that made it better or worse.

maybe he deserves someone softer.

"right," she said, on an incredulous snort that dulled the pain of that remark. he didn't do it on purpose. another inevitability. so many of those.

"well, when you put it that way," she said, drawing out the vowels and laying hard into the sarcasm, so he could really hear it. she was trying to be funny (it was a blessing and a curse) but her brain was screaming: then why are you even here. if you hate it so much why are you here. if it's all so crazy to you, why are you doing this. constantly getting tied up in knots for no fucking reason. i told you you should go. i told you i'd take care of it. you should go and if anyone tries to come after you, i'll kill them. we don't even have to be together for that. like bullet seed exploding in her mind, rat-a-tat-tat rat-a-tat-tat, one after the other in an increasingly downward spiral until she almost walked face first into a wall.

like waking from a dream, she realized she'd let the silence drag on for longer than was normal.

"no, you're not," she said, a bit louder than intended, "it is completely bullshit. but i think everything in hoenn is bullshit. you either swim with it or you get dragged under it."

she hadn't been there for the ending the multiverse adventure, either.

"i know if you can't beat 'em, join 'em is a piss poor argument but the alternative is doing nothing and i'm fucking sick of that."

it wasn't about her and it didn't make it better.

tl;dr

+ mp for paranoia
+ wearing

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 18:12:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]She was quiet for a long while. Was she turning her thoughts over in her head? Or were they turning her over instead? The line between having a thought and stewing in it could be so, so thin, and so, so unpredictable.[break][break]

"Cyg-" he started, worry bunching up in his throat, only to be relieved when she snapped back to life. In her eyes, this was just another entry in the long list of bullshit the Hoenn region had thrown at them. Their options were to join the madness, be crushed in its wake, or step aside and watch the end. Whatever the consequences may be, Cygne was fed up with option 3.[break][break]

"C'mon, don't say it like that," Isaac protested. "You're one of the least do-nothing people in the whole damn region. There's not a moment where you don't have your nose in something; a project, a blueprint, an idea. And you've got the brilliance to make them all happen. You're worth so much more than-"[break][break]

Than this. Than letting some big bad shadow man you don't even respect gaslight you into thinking war is your only purpose. Than wasting that brilliance on a bunch of control freak terrorists. Than looking at the luck you've had in avoiding the worst of this war and mistaking being intact for being weak. Than letting a fucking standardized test lock you on a one way ticket to the apocalypse. Than letting the same cabal of murderers who broke break her. Than-.[break][break]

"-you think you are."[break][break]

For a second, Isaac went quiet. He remembered how gave the reason of "I'm bored" for joining Rocket. This couldn't be like that, right? Yet even in far grander fashion, the sentimen echoed. A desperate need for a purpose was one of the main avenues they used to worm their way in.[break][break]

"Are you holding up okay over there, too?" he asked, as if he could even be counted as okay.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 18:28:41 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]cyg had joined rocket because she was tired of surviving. one day after another staring down the barrel of her own mortality, a gun of mediocrity jammed in her mouth.

it was boredom but it was deeper than that. it was a despiration for something more. it was a kind of boredom, a kin of it, if a lifelong desperation coming to a potentially brutal and violent head could be called boredrom.

"fat lot of good it did you."

she appreciated the sentiment. but she could hold her contributions to life in the palm of her hand and not even see it. what good was everything, anything, if she couldn't take care of the people she loved?

"i don't know any more, isaac."

it's so blasé, the way she says it, like reading a weather report or something else mundane.

"the last thing we need right now is unnecessary drama. i'll be fine."

tl;dr

+ mp for paranoia
+ wearing

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 19:53:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You're right. It has." In a grappling match, you goaded your sparring partner to overextend themselves, only to seize the freshly opened weak spot. Such was what Isaac did with Cygne's ironic, self-depreciating sarcasm, meeting it head-on as something sincere.[break][break]

"Hearing that brain of yours get to work is a thing of beauty. The spark. The passion. The way you get all jittery when you're at the edge of a breakthrough. Do you know how much that helps when the rest of the world is being so Much?" Whether screenplays or schematics, a good old fashioned Cygne tangent was a dose of much needed, infectious positivity in Isaac's life. "You never fail to make me believe you could change the world."[break][break]

"And so what if that's not your 24/7? Nobody has to be on all the time. When instead of wound up and thinky you're feeling relaxed and cozy, I always feel at peace. It's like I'm stepping into a warm blanket, you know? Just . . . soft, and quiet, and gentle, and comfortable." It was the sort of environment Isaac never had growing up. He'd never deserved it.[break][break]

Maybe that was why he never let himself settle down. Maybe he was waiting until he finally deserved it.[break][break]

"You do so much good for me, Cygne. You always have and you always will. But I want you to do the good you want to do. Not the good you feel like you have to do."[break][break]

The last thing Isaac ever wanted was for Cygne to be like him.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 22:27:17 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]Cyg felt like screaming.

Why was he like this.

Always so warm. So insufferably sweet. The kind of person that nothing bad would ever happen to if life were fair and good.

Isaac was so good. And so, so soft. Not in a bad way, really, just… an antithetical way. The way that made Cygne ashamed of how she was. Never intentionally, and that was the hard part.

“With all due respect, sweetheart,” she said, voice gone a little bit hoarse, “I have no idea what that means.”

She was passing through a small forest of what looked like dead coral, bone-pale smokestack shapes jutting up through the formless dark.

“Hold on I-- gotta do a thing. BRB.”

She cut her comms and pulled the earpiece away from her head, folding it in her fist and stowing it in her jacket. Then, in a series of jagged motions, she lifted her boot and kicked forcibly down on the coral, over and over and over again, busting it loose and crushing it to powder to drift away in the expanse of weak gravity.

“I can’t do good for you if you don’t let me!”

She ground the fragments beneath the ball of her foot, relishing the way it crackled like tiny pieces of glass. The frustration and rage slowly ebbed into something… else. Still raw, but not quite as active. A low fire, a soft burn.

She let her heel fall and rocked backward with a huff, refitting her earpiece and clicking the link active again.

“Hey, sorry. ‘Sall good, man. Um. But, as a sidenote, have you ever seen the movie The Abyss?

tl;dr

+ mp for paranoia
+ wearing

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 1:38:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"It means I want you to chase your dreams, instead of-"[break][break]

Both fortunately and unfortunately, he was a hair too slow. His explanation was cut off by a need for Cygne to do something, and before he could say anything further her line went dead.[break][break]

Sighing, Isaac prepared to lie down against the ground and do some stargazing. Then, the second he started to stoop down, he remembered that only the cold, hard ground awaited him. The "night sky" was just the roof of an endless cave network. The "stars" twinkling above were just crystals, or maybe eyeballs, because if had taught him anything it was that this place was secretly a horrible meat cave.[break][break]

It was amazing how, every now and then, the concerns of day to day life made the war fade into the background.[break][break]

It was also probably a bad sign that this was happening when the war was not in the background, but in fact real, strong, and very capable of hurting Isaac. He was still in an active warzone, even if the war in his heart was the only one Isaac had any interest in waging.[break][break]

Cygne was back, but their earlier chat was nowhere to be seen. Instead, she asked about a movie, leaving Isaac cocking an eyebrow in curiosity. "Haven't seen that one before. How is it?" he asked, trying to ponder what movies came to his mind. "That anything like Annihilation?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 18:18:46 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]”Oh.

It’s a soft breath of air, something tender, almost sensual.

“Fuck, that’s such a good movie.”

And maybe even more on theme. She thinks of Gina Rodriguez’ character and her slow spiral into madness, the way it eventually caused her to turn on her friends. The mutated bear, ripping her face off.

“We should watch it. When this is done.”

She laughs a little because Isaac has absolutely no idea what she’s talking about, probably.

“And, sort of. So The Abyss is about a team of researches and, like, military people that go down into a deep trench to investigate signs of alien life. And one of the military guys starts to go fucking insane from the-- the pressure. Of the ocean, right. And he starts to do dumb, dangerous shit.”

There’s a flashbang of light and the sound of fighting as Cyg crests a small ridge, boots crunching on the slipping stones that fall a bit and then lift off in the sway of gravity. Her mouth drops open, then snaps shut, a suppressed giggle whining between her lips.

“And that’s-- that’s kinda how I feel, right now. It’s hard to explain.” Her voice breaks a bit-- out of excitement, really, thick with emotion. “I don’t know if its this place or the-- the Arceus thing or, just, Rocket and Life as a whole but.”

Like she’s been slowly coming unspooled for-- for weeks or months, she couldn’t tell.

“I love you. Please don’t die.”

And she pinches the earpiece between her fingers and crushes it, the burst of feedback blending in smoothly with the static burning in her brain.

tl;dr

MP
+ 100 MP for comms mission
+ 50 MP for mission participation
+ 10 MP for paranoia
+ 50 MP for IC posts
+ 210 MP total

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 20:34:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"We will." Because nothing would take this moment away from Isaac. All the hostility, all the threats, all the tension gnawing at the back of his brainstem . . . he'd fend it all off until they made it out of here. They'd make it home. Everyone Isaac loved would make it home. And then he'd cherish his time with them as much as humanly possible while he tried to figure his shit out.[break][break]

Maybe this time, he'd finally succeed.[break][break]

The movie sounded as intense as it did disconcertingly relatable. The pressure of the ocean. The pressure of . The pressure of the blood on his hands and the lives on his conscience. The pressure of the chains of command, the tentacles of the Nihilego, jerking him from side to side on puppet strings.[break][break]

Like a pair of caged tigers in a bathysphere, the pressure made both Isaac and Cygne yearn to break free. However, the freedom Isaac sought was escape. The escape leaking through Cygne, suppressed giggles bubbling out from her thick, heavy voice, was something far different, far more primal.[break][break]

"Cygne. It's going to be okay. This place plays tricks on us," he said, his words practically tripping over each other as he rushed to get them out. Her voice was building towards Something, and it terrified him. "Please. Stay on the line. Talk to me. We can work through this. I can find you. I can be there. Please, just, don't . . . don't . . . "[break][break]

She said she loved him. No desperate blurt of "I love you!" could outrun the quick little twist of two fingers.[break][break]

Isaac's voice broke at the same time his heart did.[break][break]

He still remembered the codes that had shown him. He still remembered all of those frequencies. He tore his communicator from his ear, tossing down Pokeballs so hard that the cave floor started to bleed on impact. "I need to fix this. Help me fix this," he pleaded, thrusting his Pokeball towards Ex Machina and Kilobyte. The Rotom and Porygon looked towards each other, nodded, and flooded into the device.[break][break]

Signal by signal, channel by channel, Isaac begged into the communicator. "Blackjack to Swan, this is Blacljack to Swan," he said, his voice a mosaic of every emotion known to man and some that were complete enigmas. "Please stay safe. Please come back to me. I need you to be okay. I love you." Kilobyte amplified the signal as far as he could. Ex Machina adjusted the frequency from channel to channel. All the while, Isaac repeated his mantra, desperation bleeding into his voice as he sunk to his knees.[break][break]

Soon, all of the Ultra Deep Sea would know the plea in Isaac's heart. All except the one who mattered most.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 21:09:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: