FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 18:27:14 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up"]
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-mini-top"]
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred"]x
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] [break] although kanto was razed, there was still one thing that seemingly had not changed. home. in fact, ollie could hardly believe it that he was home — but there was a comforting nostalgia walking through their family's property. the barn, the house. getting back to the old chores that he was used to doing as a kid.

[break][break] it was like riding a bike.

[break][break] he started up early, running around the farm with a pail and a mop, as he started on the early chores. he knew that had more important things to do in the region, and although ollie's status as a ranger captain meant something in hoenn, it hardly had any weight in kanto. at least not the same as his sisters.

[break][break] pa at least appreciated the help; he tried to hide it, but ollie could see the way that the years had worn on their dad.

[break][break] ollie's coming in from letting out the ponyta, when he hears pa's voice mingled with his sisters.

[break][break] the tone of their voices make him shift, listening in, only to widen when he realizes what they're talking about. he whirls around the corner, dropping the pail in his hand.

[break][break] "what?" his gaze snaps to his dad's first, and then to his little sister's. "what did you say? what's happening, eva?"

[break][break] he barely notices the sigh that their father releases, before he slips out of the room.

[break][break] 'i'll leave you alone to talk to your brother.'

[attr="class","ols2-banner-line"]

[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-icon"]
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-title"]

notes

[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-bounce"]

[newclass=.ols2-banner-up]margin: 0 auto;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:375px;color: #aeaeae; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up b]color: #D5A43C; font-family:Poppins; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up i]color: #808080; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up u]text-decoration: none;font: 11px poppins; border-bottom:1px solid #808080; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #D5A43C; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-bounce]position:absolute;height:60px;width:60px;border:solid 1px #232323;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #D5A43C, #D5A43C);color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px 0px 5px 0px;margin: -32px 0px 0px 343px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-bounce img]margin: 0 auto; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-icon]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;float:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-icon img]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;margin-top: 15px;margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title]width:300px;font:bold 20px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding:4px 0px 0px 55px;color:#eeeeee;margin-top: 15px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title div]text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.25px;padding-top: 6px;color:#aaaaaa; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title div i::before]display:block;font-size:7px;color:#85ccca;padding-right:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-blurb]display:flex;justify-content:space-between;padding: 20px; display:block;text-align: justify;font:12px Roboto;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;margin-top: -10px; } .ols2-banner-up-blurb a { font:bold 12px/11px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top] border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px; [/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top a]margin-top:-3px;[/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top i]color:#7b6678;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration: none;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred a]font-size:8px!important;line-height:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top span]position: absolute; width: 300px; margin-top: -1px; font-family:poppins; font-weight:bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ols2-banner-line"] height: 1px; background: #454544; border-radius: 30px; width: 200px; margin: 0px auto; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 22:57:12 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Shit. She had barely worked up the strength to tell her father, and now she had to find that strength again to tell Ollie. Eva seems tense, surprised, a bit lost when her father sighs and leaves them alone. Her emerald gaze bounces back and forth between Ollie and her father’s back until he disappears around the corner and into the kitchen.

“How much of that did you hear?” she asks cautiously, unmoving from her place just in front of the couch.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 23:04:44 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] his heartrate thudded in his ears, like a slow roaring pulse through his ribcage. he hadn't felt like this since that time. since he'd been in kalos and seen his baby sister on TV and heard the news that she was not only alive, but a head scientist in hoenn.

[break][break] he doesn't move from where he stands, beneath the family mantle hanging in thr alcove.

[break][break] but his eyes don't stray.

[break][break] "you're calling off the wedding?"

notes

[newclass=.ols2-banner-up]margin: 0 auto;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:375px;color: #aeaeae; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up b]color: #D5A43C; font-family:Poppins; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up i]color: #808080; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up u]text-decoration: none;font: 11px poppins; border-bottom:1px solid #808080; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #D5A43C; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-bounce]position:absolute;height:60px;width:60px;border:solid 1px #232323;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #D5A43C, #D5A43C);color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px 0px 5px 0px;margin: -32px 0px 0px 343px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-bounce img]margin: 0 auto; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-icon]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;float:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-icon img]height:35px;width:35px;border-radius:100%;margin-top: 15px;margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title]width:300px;font:bold 20px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding:4px 0px 0px 55px;color:#eeeeee;margin-top: 15px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title div]text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.25px;padding-top: 6px;color:#aaaaaa; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-title div i::before]display:block;font-size:7px;color:#85ccca;padding-right:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-blurb]display:flex;justify-content:space-between;padding: 20px; display:block;text-align: justify;font:12px Roboto;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;margin-top: -10px; } .ols2-banner-up-blurb a { font:bold 12px/11px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top] border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px; [/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top a]margin-top:-3px;[/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top i]color:#7b6678;float:left;margin-right:5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration: none;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top-cred a]font-size:8px!important;line-height:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.ols2-banner-up-mini-top span]position: absolute; width: 300px; margin-top: -1px; font-family:poppins; font-weight:bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ols2-banner-line"] height: 1px; background: #454544; border-radius: 30px; width: 200px; margin: 0px auto; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 21:48:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 He had been around to hear enough. Perhaps not the details, but the outcome. Her already tired and solemn expression grows more heartbreaking when he puts it into words. There’s a long pause as the knot in her throat grows tighter.

“Yeah,” she eventually confirms, turning her gaze to break eye contact. Her arms lifted to wrap around herself in a defensive posture now that her heart was bleeding all over the floor, “I’m not getting married. Matias left me.”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 5:34:11 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] "he - what?!"

[break][break] shock fills his expression before ollie is sprinting towards his sister, sliding against the wooden floor to kneel in front of her.

[break][break] "what the hell happened?"

[break][break] wasn't it just a few weeks ago that ollie and had met up for lunch?

notes

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 23:18:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva expected a shocked reaction, perhaps even an over-exaggeration. She slumps onto the couch as gravity pulls her down. Her eyes remain fixed on the coffee table as Ollie slides over beside her. She spares him just a brief, pained look before looking away once again, too embarrassed to hold his gaze.

“He changed his mind . . . I guess.”

I wasn’t good enough.

“He said there’s . . . someone else.

Someone better than her.

“He didn’t even want to try.”

Everything they had built together was insignificant.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 0:42:34 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] he and eva have always been by each other's side, up until he'd left kanto. they were family. they had each other's back no matter what.

[break][break] but there were even some things that he couldn't save her from. but that didn't stop him from wanting to.

[break][break] "what! i'll beat him up, eva. i swear to god, i'll - "

[break][break] heat fills his face as the emotions slide through him. anger, frustration, betrayal. but then he sees the sadness in his sister's face, and the couch softens under his weight as he sits by her. an arm wraps around her, pulling her to his chest.

[break][break] "i'm sorry, sis."

notes

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 3:00:49 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Ollie, it’s fine,” she’s quick to retaliate when he threatens to lash out against Matias. It’s not fine, but she refuses to let Ollie get too involved. It’s not his relationship to step into. Sister or not, she can handle herself.

“It’s fine,” she repeats, gently laying a hand on Ollie’s arm, “I’ll be ok. It’ll hurt for a while but . . . I’ll be ok.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 7:08:47 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] it's fine?

[break][break] it's the opposite of fine.

[break][break] ollie had been okay accepting and not really knowing much about him, because he'd trusted his sister. because he knew she had good judgement in choosing the right person, and that she'd chosen someone who cared about her as much as she cared about them. ollie didn't consider himself an overprotective older brother, especially with everything that they had gone through in the last several years, but it was moments like this that drew that part of him out.

[break][break] he swallows thickly as he pulls away, lips turned into a frown as he looked down at her.

[break][break] "y'sure, sis? i can pack a mean punch, you know."

[break][break] but try as he might, as angry as he could be, the last thing that he wanted to do was hurt his sister. after she'd already been through so much.

[break][break] "all you need to do is say the word. and all of your brothers will be on him like hotcakes on a sunday."

notes

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 20:38:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It’s not fine. She’;s far from fine. But what is she supposed to do when faced with the disappointed and hurt face of her big brother? Instill more worry in him by diving into her grief? Accept her colossal failures? Admit to still being madly in love with someone who not only broke her heart but betrayed her? How she’d run back to him the moment he asked her to?

She hates how weak she is.

“I’m sure, Ollie,” she feigns reassurance with a smile that doesn’t quite meet the genuine Morales smile they are known for, “But thanks for being there for me.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 6:33:30 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] "of course," he said swiftly, brow furrowed as he looked down at her. "i'll always be here for you sis."

[break][break] he wished desperately that he could erase her pain. even if it was a small something, he wished that he could somehow destroy all the hurt that was in her heart.

[break][break] "you sure there isn't anything i can do? even if it's —" he gives a bit of a huff of laughter. "i know i'm dumb, and not really good with big tasks, but anything i can do to make it easier on you."

[break][break] a hand slowly reaches over to stroke her hair, treating her like the little sister that she was.

[break][break] "he won't know what he's missing. he never deserved you, anyway."

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 2:17:10 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Ollie words remind her of something Matias said that eats away at her very soul, little by little. You’re too good for any of us. He likely meant well too, but the implications projected her fears of ending up alone.

Eva finds herself leaning into Ollie’s touch, letting him take the role of comforting big brother. Tears well in her eyes and she sharply inhales back a sniffle, “There was a time when . . . I didn’t mind being alone, you know?” She curls into herself, small and feeble, “But after him, after knowing what it’s like to be loved,” she shakes her head, “I don’t wanna be alone.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 17:45:34 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] "you're not alone."

[break][break] he holds her tighter, bundling her up in his arms.

[break][break] he wishes their other brothers were here. he wishes mom was here. she would know what to say.

[break][break] "you've got me, okay?" ollie hugs her tighter, squeezing gently.

[break][break] "i," he starts, then hesitates. they never talked about things like this. this wasn't they did. but his sister needed him, and damned if he wasn't going to be there for her. "i know what it's like to lose someone you love."

[break][break] his throat closes around thoughts of .

[break][break] "it sucks. but. it gets better."

[break][break] he pulls away from her then, so he can look at her properly. his fingers brace her shoulders.

[break][break] "i promise."

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 18:04:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Her shoulders sink in defeat. A small sob cracks through her throat and she gives in. She lets Ollie be the big brother, and in his embrace, she feels a warm protection. It's a space she can feel in, and accept her sorrow that she has to hide from the outside world.

Eva buries her head into his shoulder, snaking her arms around his waist to embrace him. After a moment, a long sigh banishes the tension from her back as he pulls away. She attempts a small smile beneath her tinted, teary eyes, “I hope so, Ollie,” she swallows the knot back down, “Cause it really sucks right now.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON.
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 21:20:24 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
-
[attr="class","ols2-banner-up-blurb"] with the back of a hand, he brushes the tears from his sister's face.

[break][break] "remember, eva. boys are temporary, family is forever."

[break][break] it was said in a joking way, the way that someone on a sitcom delivered the punchline to a cheesy joke.

[break][break] ollie stepped off the couch, pulling up eva with him.

[break][break] "come on. let me get you some ice cream. i know sweets will cheer you up."

[break]

notes