128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
supply and demand [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 5:52:30 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Luka watched him take their phone, and pry it open. He slipped his own sim-card in, and gave it time to take "his" data. Frankly, he lied to her, then and there. Nobody had cell reception down here, he just got in an argument with a girl and she smashed his phone a couple hours ago.

"...Doesn't matter what you're doing, just don't leave a trail."

The body was set up against the wall of the cave, leaving the two with... some kind of shipping container. His curiosity for inspecting their own cargo blossomed into a barely contained mania. If he just tackled the thing and dug in, it'd be all over. Either way, Milo's eyes lit up, like a dog's when their owner walks in.

So far, her naiveté served only to enable his worst behavior. But... there had to be a limit to how much he can double down, right? He eyed the shipping container, then glanced at Luka.

"...I don't see why not."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 20:29:43 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
”I mean, i-it’s not like they can do anything with it now. Besides, it’s like…p-probably for the best, right? If they don’t have as many weapons or supplies or like…whatever.”[break][break
It still feels like stealing though, which is silly. This isn’t the time or place to be precious about things like this. Luka inspects the crate again, then glances at the Rocket they had taken it from, and nods.[break][break]
”Okay. But we should probably move it a little bit first.”[break][break]
This time, she enlists her Lopunny to help. Though small, the rabbit lifts the crate with relative ease and follows Milo and Luke while they make their way quickly down the cave system and into a more secluded spot. She also makes quick work of the lock holding the top in place- one swift kick is all it takes to bust the thing wide open. Perhaps if Luka had less scruples, she and Milo would make good partners in crime.[break][break]
Luka lays her hand on the lid, but chickens out at the last second and glances at Milo instead. It’s silly, but she seems almost afraid that something might jump out of the box. ”W-would you like to do the honors?” she asks.,[break][break]

[break][break]
MP Fund:[break]

• 50 MP for participation in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
  • 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x7)
  • 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon. (x2)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
pressure cooker's got me runnin out
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 4:57:31 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo held out as long as he could, on every level. Physical, spiritual, moral. But... the urge to pry claimed her too. He watched as Luka and her Lopunny hauled it to a more secluded spot in the cave system.

"Don't mind if I do."

Milo dug his fingers under the top panel and pulled up, four nails popping as the top flipped off and hit the ground. Milo smiled, looking inside and saw... A holy grail. A treasure trove of Potions, medical supplies for humans, and packaged rations. He had Espurr set his load down, and gave it a rest.

Milo brought out his Liepard, a trusted companion. From previous battles, she looked a bit shaky, drawing sharp breaths. Milo went about spraying anything that stood out, all the while using a hand to peel off his crew-neck shirt.

He gritted his teeth as he disinfected the spot with a swab, and started to wrap bandaging around an abrasion he was clearly trying to hide, but with his shirt inside out, Luka could see dried blood very clearly.

"We're stuck here, and we know it. May as well rest and stock up while we still can."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 0:39:00 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
”Oh, these are great! If we can get those to the base with everything else, it’ll be a big help.”[break][break]
There can never be enough medical supplies on a night like tonight. Though Luka’s excitement is short lived as she watches Milo take care of his wounds, and his Pokemon’s as well. It’s touching that he cares so much for them, but she can’t help but worry about him and his team. ”Ummm,” she says, aware that he’s trying to hide his injuries but sticking her nose in it regardless, ”If you need any help just, um, let me know! There might be some painkillers in here, or something…”[break][break]
Quick fingers rummage through the stolen goods, searching for anything helpful. Though while she pokes through the Rocket supplies, an insidious thought emerges. Milo’s query from earlier plays over and over in her head: what exactly are they carrying to the base? More of the same, surely. Basic supplies and the like. Right?[break][break]

”I just...just wanna see if there’s anything else in here that might help you.” Which is true, but Milo can probably feel that her burning curiosity is the same as his. But since they’re taking a break, they might as well sneak a quick peek.[break][break]

Luka carefully opens her own box and peers inside. But it isn’t medical supplies that greet her. Instead, what sits in the box is an odd assortment of items, all stored very carefully apart from each other. Strange bundles wrapped in blue fabric, globs of something green and sticky, pointed barbs coated in a purple-ish liquid, and mysterious chunks of red ore.[break][break]

They had been informed beforehand, of course, that the League was providing weapons. They’d been told what they were, and how to use them. Luka just hadn’t been expecting to be transporting them. And though it’s for a good cause, something about it doesn’t sit quite right with her.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 21:55:48 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo winced, and a tear left his eye. He then turned, trying to talk with his head turned to one shoulder. In the corner of his eye, he saw Luka look at him, and flinched, as if she caught him undressing. He then turned around slowly, and reached a hand down to pet his Liepard.

"I raised her from a kitten. These are all my babies, and I dunno what I'd do if one of them died here. But... pain for me builds character."

Milo's lips curled into a smile however, when curiosity got the best of her. When Luka pried open the league cargo. The crate's top peeled off, and she glanced over its contents. He tried to cajole her into snooping around with him earlier, and she finally saw things his way.

As he finished dressing his wounds, he took a second to catch his breath. Milo's Liepard slowly walked over, leaning in to sniff Luka's hand.

He then walked over, and glanced over the supplies with her. Poisoned metals were obvious, sticking out in barbs. But then... there was the matter of the red ores. He thought for a second, folding his bare arms.

"I spoke too soon when I said there's no way they'd send us down with bombs. I had a... vague idea of what I signed up for, but do you still wanna go through with this?"

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 18:00:17 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
If the Liepard allows her, Luka reacts to the sniff by trying to pet her elegant head a few times. Such a lovely companion deserves a little affection, after all. A small smile lifts the corners of her mouth, but Milo's assessment snuffs it out again.[break][break]
"Don't be silly," she says with a shake of her head, "T-they're not bombs!"[break][break]
She'd like to say that the League would never toy with something so dangers, but that's obviously untrue. Still, she can remember from her breifings that these weird stones are mostly for utility, but could possibly be used as a weapon in a pinch.[break][break]
"If we don't do this, Rocket might get an upper hand. I-it's no good if they get to the seal stones first, right? I...don't want to hurt anyone, but..."[break][break]
She pauses, teeth worrying her bottom lip. As a means of distracting herself, she glances over at Milo again. "How are you feeling? Do you think you can move on, or should we rest a bit more?"[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 14:55:30 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo bit his lip, ignoring the crate for the time being. While Luka pored over its contents, Milo was busy stocking up on medical supplies. As much gauze, alcohol, and cotton as he could for redressing wounds, painkillers, and a brick of nutritionally dense but bland rations. He then looked over his shoulder, and walked over to join her.

"Be that as it may, there’s still poison in there. —Either way, I wanna get this over with and forget about it."

Milo lowered a hand to meet his Liepard, and glanced at her. Normally flippant, Milo looked like he hadn’t slept in days. His eyebags went wide like smiles under each eye.

“I know. I just… have some reservations about poisoning people. But. Once it’s out of our hands, it’s none of my business.”

He then called his Espurr, and whistled for it to slowly heft up one of the two crates with a telekinetic wave.

"I wanna cut you loose, so we can both worry about something else. Don’t worry about me."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 18:42:26 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Mmm...yeah. I don't really like that either. I don't think I'm gonna touch those, ehe." Most of these resources are useful for defense, but Luka can't see herself ever using one of the poison barbs. It feels like a cheap tactic— underhanded, like something Rocket would do.[break][break]

There are those that call both organizations sides of the same coin, and for a moment she can understand why. But she shakes her head to dislodge those thoughts; her own scruples don't matter much in the grand scheme of things. It's just comforting to know that her companion shares the same opinions in this respect.[break][break]

But this is where their similarities end, for Milo stands to leave and Luka blinks up at him, confused.[break][break]

"Eh? But...b-but that's not the mission," she protests. "And of course I'm going to worry! Here..."[break][break]

With a flick of her wrist she releases her Audino, who swiftly recognizes that Luka's partner is injured. A heal pulse may not be enough to close up Milo's wound, but it at least acts as an effective painkiller for the time being.[break][break]

"See? T-that probably feels better, right? I won't hold us back anymore, so let's go together!" Unfortunately, Luka proves herself to be a very good thorn in the side. If Milo wants to get away with his portion of the goods, he'd best either strike out, or make a quick getaway.[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x12)
  • 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon. (x3)
  • 10 MP for knocking out/killing another character and/or their Pokemon. (putting the rocket to sleep)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 5:14:18 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Milo bit his lip, mulling it over for a second. Was he gonna go through with this? Luka laughed a little to deflate the tension, but otherwise he was taken aback by this whole thing.

"I don’t think I can go through with this, knowing what we were transporting. Call me naïve, but I want a fair fight."

Milo said, willing to burn this bridge altogether. The grimace on his face was hard to hide. He felt so bad for Luka in that moment, and wanted to just run away from it all.

“…Thanks. I owe you one.”

He said, the waves of pain subsiding, if just for a moment. He then whistled for his Espurr. The cat then flipped the lid back onto the crate it held aloft, and hurled it as far down the way they came as it could. Milo then scooped it into his arms, kicked a pile of leftover sawdust at Luka, and booked it, followed by his Liepard.

"I can promise you a fair fight. But I’m not cut out for war."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 6:57:45 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Eh? G-go through with what?"[break][break]

Luka assumes that he's talking about their war with Rocket, because what else could he mean? In this instance, she's the naive one. "I understand why it feels weird to use...stuff like this against someone," she says, chewing on her lip. She still thinks that he's referring to using weapons in battle.[break][break]

"But Team Rocket...they use things like this too. A-and I know that doing the same thing on the right side doesn't really make us any better, but we've got to do what we can to make sure they don't win, right? I hate it...but what else can we do?"[break][break]

Her brows are furrowed but the corners of her lips upturn into a small smile. She really thinks that she's found a fellow kindred spirit, but she couldn't be farther from the truth.[break][break]

The sudden flurry of movement catches her completely by surprise. She coughs as a clump of sawdust hits her in the face, clouding her vision and filling her nose with the scent of cut wood. At first she thinks it might be an accident, but realization slowly dawns on her when she hears Milo running away.[break][break]

"What are you doing?" she cries after him, jumping to her feet as she wipes sawdust out of her eyes. "Hey, hey! W-where are you going? Those are— w-we need those!"[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x13)
  • 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon. (x3)
  • 10 MP for knocking out/killing another character and/or their Pokemon. (putting the rocket to sleep)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky