supply and demand [post-d]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 5:03:15 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Oof. Okay, is that all of them?"[break][break]

In a situation like this, quick transportation of goods between League bases is important. They need to be able to move things quickly while also keeping supply chains free of Rocket interference, so sending out smaller teams with less cargo makes strategic sense. Let Rocket chase after breadcrumbs without landing upon a big cache of supplies.[break][break]

But just because they're traveling light doesn't mean it's not important to protect their goods. Luka's pack is stuffed with basic medical supplies: bandages, sutures, pain medication and anything else that might be needed. However, what's held in the larger boxes interests her more, though she knows she shouldn't poke around in them.[break][break]

"So...do you know what these things do?" The things in the box are strange: scatterbangs and poison darts, mysterious chunks of deep red ore. There are two boxes between herself and her teammate, and Luka's Mushara takes control of one, her telekinesis holding it aloft as though it's weightless.[break][break]

"I guess it doesn't really matter though, does it. Are you ready to go?"

[break][break]
MP Fund:[break]

• 50 MP for participation in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
  • 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission./li]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
pressure cooker's got me runnin out
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 5:41:38 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

“I sure hope so. We can't waste time going back and forth.”

Milo stared down the collar of his track jacket. His Espurr hefted a large case with a telekinetic wave, allowing the two to walk side by side. Espurr did that thing human children did, holding one of his fingers in its entire hand.

Either way, the contents of the boxes had him arch a brow. What, exactly, were they tasked with moving? He'd intercepted shipments before, sure. But this was the first time precious cargo was his to begin with. Milo had a slim crossbody bag over his chest, holding a swiss army knife, a sewing kit, and a lighter.

“I don't think I caught your name. I'm Milo. But... what's in there is power. I almost... want to see what they're gonna do with it.”

In either case, Luka could see Milo champing at the bit to take a peek. Not that he'd have Espurr roll it, on the offchance that it was explosives. His hair stood on end, and he tried to hide the tension with a blank stare.

"I'm ready when you are."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 6:15:45 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Oh gosh, sorry! I got so wrapped up in— I'm Luka." A breezy laugh accompanies the hand she extends to shake, should Milo have a hand free. By her side, her Musharna wafts a lazy tendril of dream mist their way as a form of greeting.[break][break]

"Power...I guess you could put it that way," she says with a slightly hesitant smile. "I just hope it's nothing too dangerous..."[break][break]

The thought of being a pack mule for weapons is an upsetting one. It's also rather nerve-wracking to be put in charge of something so important, but Luka tries not to let that show on her face. Her gait remains bouncy and upbeat as she and her partner begin their trek, and wonders idly if their unassuming appearances were why they were chosen to move this kind of cargo. They don't exactly look like the kind of people tasked with something of vital importance.[break][break]

"I'm kind of curious about it too," she admits after they've walked a few paces, "But it's more important to get these transported fast, don'tcha think?"[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
  • 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 6:36:14 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

“No problem, Luka.”

Milo extended a free hand to her. As he reached a hand out, his jacket bunched up, revealing a sleeve tattoo starting at the wrist, with a rose and thorn motif. The skin of his hand is baby-soft, but he shook briefly and firmly. Father-like, in a way. He then waved and winked at her Musharna.

“...I don't wanna get into why, but I'm gonna keep a close eye on this, until the last minute.”

He said, holding back a story, one of several, that'd mark him as some delinquent. If she pressed him though, there's a chance he'd sour the mood altogether.

Luka put on a brave face. It'd probably help if Milo eased up a little. He smirked at her, and with his free hand tossed a coin over and over, bouncing it off his thumb. The trail they were on seemed like a nice spot for a hike, were the stakes not so high.

"Yeah. I... They could've picked someone faster, stronger too. But... we can keep a lower profile. We look like kids going camping."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 18:38:18 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Eh? I mean, it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on things..." The implications behind Milo's words are lost on her, though she does crinkle her nose at him, puzzled.[break][break]

But he doesn't elaborate and she doesn't know him well enough to pry. Intrinsic politeness keeps her curiousity at bay, though her partner might feel the weight of her gaze as it flickers back and forth between the him and the path. She does giggle at his assessment, however— an astute an observation as anything. They really do look like a misplaced pair of kids.[break][break]

"Ehe, you're probably right. But we should probably keep an eye out for trouble anyways. Even if we don't look all that important, we might look like easy targets..."[break][break]

And she, at least, probably is one. Luka purses her lips slightly and taps one of the spare pokeballs at her waist, reassured that at the very least, she'll have backup if things go south. "Are you, um...much of a battler? I'm not very good, but I have a lot of supporters to help you out!"[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x3)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 18:58:42 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

“...Curiosity is killin' me over here. We gotta know what the deal is here. There's no way they'd send us with bombs or something, but still...”

Milo arched a brow at Luka. Was she onto him already? She kept glancing at him. Or even worse, did she recognize his voice from his prior career in music? She softened up and laughed a little, which cleared up the chill sent down his spine.

While he tried to talk her into it, he was already thinking about rummaging through one of the crates. He could almost taste it. The exact conditions in which he stole his Deino lined up slowly but surely.

“Easy targets... Whoever thinks that is in for a surprise.”

He said, smirking. Like any evil boy, he had a wallet chain that went down to his knee, and hooked onto a brass eyelet on his white belt. Frankly, he looked like some kind of scene kid. Clipped to the chain, however, was a set of pokeballs. He tapped one and winked at her.

His next boast was undercut by his small stature and lean build, a half-truth. The context in which his Liepard competed wasn't what he outlined.

"I went toe to toe with a Ranger once with this Liepard. I was the youngest of three boys. I had to learn how to scrap. If things get weird, take the cargo and run. I'll stall."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 4:45:33 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"I know, but we can't just open them out in...well, out in the open like this! That's like saying...hey, Rocket! Come steal our stuff! Besides, I'm sure it's not bombs."[break][break]

Perhaps if they find a good enough place to stop— the cave systems in the ultra deep sea are home to myraids of cracks and crevices and little places to hide. But that's a waste of time, and Luka is still able to reign in her curiousity enough that she doesn't suggest it.[break][break]

She continues her upbeat pace by Milo's side, seemingly undeterred by the gloominess around them. In contrast to her partner, Luka's a floating ball of pastel pink. You know that one meme with the pink house and the black one right next to it? That's them.[break][break]

Of course, she is nervous— frankly, downright terrified of what might be lurking around every corner. But she does her best not to let it show, lest she unnerve her partner as well. Luka isn't strong, and she's hopelessly naive and too optimistic. At least the latter of those traits is enough to keep her from completely breaking down in this awful place.[break][break]

"I guess...mm, that's good to know! Uhm, but...w-why would you be fighting with a Ranger?"[break][break]

They're the good guys, after all. Heck, she's a ranger, at least on paper. A brow quirks curiously, though she refrains on passing any judgement until she hears him out.[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x4)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 6:36:28 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

“We're all getting lost in here. But if you insist...”

Shit shit shit. Did he already get her onto him? He could read her like a book, but by god did he stress over every little page. A chill ran up his spine. The two of them hefted the crates, walking through the cave.

Frankly, he thought about what they were like when they were younger. Milo was a studded belt, rawr XD type. Still wears checkered skate shoes. Wouldn't hesitate to steal a wallet. He would've peeked when she wasn't looking and lied. But Luka... had a theater-y feel. He just had to know. His one fear was that he'd fumble and insult her.

“Did you do theater when you were younger? Seems like a thing you'd do.”

He wanted to cut the tension somehow. They were in constant danger, but he wanted to laugh. He loved stealing and running. The runner's high married with the thrill of being a little boy running because it made your parents nervous.

He then had to... not lie exactly? He chuckled nervously, and shrugged at her.

"Josh and I... go way back. We're best friends. And we're super competitive, like when we were younger. But... we still get carried away sometimes."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 5:50:03 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Theatre?"[break][break]

Luka blinks at him, taken aback by the abrupt question, but good-natured laughter flutters through the air a moment later. "Ehe, not really! But, umm...I do contests now, actually. So I guess that kind of counts?"[break][break]

Milo doesn't have to worry about insulting her— she's too oblivous to notice half the time, and too forgiving when it actually comes down to it. Carefree and easygoing, she seems like the last person that should be on a mission here. Then again, her sticky-fingered companion doesn't seem the type either.[break][break]

Of course, she has no real reason to suspect him of anything yet. Though he hasn't answered her question, not really, and a more mistrustful person might pick up on that immediately. But as it is Luka just gives Milo a tentative smile, trying her best to be understanding.[break][break]

"So, like...a rebellious phase? I get that. I think I had one when I was a kid too." She didn't. "But still, gosh! Well, I'm glad you're working with the league n-"[break][break]

Her voice abrubtly cuts off. There's a moment of pressing silence, then Luka whispers, "Did you hear that?"[break][break]

In the distance, faintly, comes the sound of something dragging against the rock walls of the cave.[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x5)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 20:06:12 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

“Ha~ah? Well... there's a theatre element to that, certainly. In either case, I bet you're getting TV time. Get in your bag, girl. Don't leave money on the table.”

He said with a smirk. Milo certainly knew a thing or two about getting a bag. He was a musician who ate off royalties and radio play in the offseason, and only now turned to crime when the money dried up. Teravolt breaking up put eyes on him, but he'll never get to trash a hotel room again.

He looked to Espurr, who slowly waned in power. While the load was bigger than he was, he rolled the sleeves up on his shirt and grabbed one side of it from the front, carrying half of it with his triceps and back.

“Twenty is a little too old for that to be culturally acceptable, but when you blow up and get a face tattoo at seventeen... ------HUH?”

He looked ahead, eyes widening. Luka's hushed tone changed the tenor of their day altogether. Milo did the same.

"Worst case scenario... I send you off with Musharna and Espurr. I'll stall. I've stared death in the face with my team and I'll do it again."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 19:22:25 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Unfortunately, their pleasant chatter has to be cut short. Luka would love to talk more about contests and her bag or whatever, and to inquire about Milo's tattoos, but that'll have to wait.[break][break]

"What?" she whispers, turning to her partner with wide eyes, "No! I'm not just going to abandon you! Don't be silly."[break][break]

She creeps forwards, but still doesn't see anything in the eerily lit gloom of the cave. This is hopefully a good thing: whatever is there might not have noticed them either. "Give us some cover please, Ume," she says as softly as she can, and her Musharna obliges. Billowing clouds of dream mist rise to envelop her and Milo, resembling the pinky-purple air of the Interdream Zone.[break][break]

Perhaps it'll be enough to fool whatever's going around the bend— few seem to want to enter the dream zone voluntarily. But that's all just a gamble, and entierely depenedent on what lies in wait around the bend.[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x6)
  • 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon. (x2)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 1:25:13 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Luka halted, speaking to him with a hushed tone. His offer just came off of his assumption that she wasn't much of a fighter. He certainly wasn't; got knocked out by a girl who's 100 lbs soaking wet.

Milo responded in kind, falling to a whisper.

“We have no idea what's out there, and I'd rather the base get half of the cargo than zero.”

But all at once, a blanket of mist covered the two of them. While Luka did this to protect them from whatever's out there, Milo's eyes widened. He was at a loss for words, heart pounding out of his chest. That InterDream space she mimicked was where he and Kouji fought a Paradox Pokemon in the first place. He didn't know where either of them was safest, but the thought of another machine hunting them for sport boiled his blood.

"...If we have to fight, so be it."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 7:17:58 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
The dream mist provides a better cover than she expected. But whether or not it's enough to deter an enemy remains to be seen. Luka huddles alongside it with Milo, realizing too late that while the cloud might keep them hidden, it prevents them from getting a clear look at anything either.[break][break]

But she can still listen, and the dragging sound seems to be accompanied by footsteps the closer it gets. It's a person then, hopefully. But a friend or a foe?[break][break]

The answer comes with surprising ease. A voice soon filters through to them, along with the crackle of radio static. "Sector 4B reporting. Looks like the interdream zone has moved here too. Still checking for signs of League activity, over."[break][break]

And that squares it. Two choices present themselves: fight or run. Though the latter is more Luka's style, she had already promised not to leave Milo. Besides, they'll be moving much slower, laden down with goods as they are.[break][break]

It may be playing dirty, but her first instinct is to try and end this as quickly as possible. A whispered request is given to her Musharna again, and this time a hypnosis echoes through the misty air. Luka waits with bated breath— if they're lucky, they'll soon hear the sound of a body falling harmlessly to the ground.[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x7)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

VAPES

roadrunner, daredevil
he him
September 24th
Undella Town, Unova
bisexual
delinquent
civilian
28 height
28 height
awards
128 posts
milo sharpe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @milo
milo sharpe
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 3:25:25 GMT
milo sharpe Avatar

Luka huddled together with him, the cloud of mist slowly rolling out into the cave. The pink haze blanketed the two of them, and Milo couldn't help but recall him and that other rowdy boy breaking and straightening out eachother's noses. He had to keep up his cover.

The footsteps drew closer to them. A chill ran down his spine, and his eyes widened.

But the footsteps were followed by a wave of psychic energy, sedating them. A thud came. While Luka may have her reasons to just go, Milo dug a smashed phone out of his pocket. He used a nail sticking out of the crate to pop the sim card out.

He then went about showing her his broken phone, and rooting around in the Rocket's pockets in search of a new one.

"...If he can't report this, we won't be tailed."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 23:31:25 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

”Oh, okay! That’s a good idea, Monsieur!”[break][break]
She doesn’t bother asking him how he knows how to do such a thing. Frankly, it doesn’t really matter. Instead, Luka inspects the passed out body, then carefully props them up against the cave wall so they don’t end up accidentally trampled.[break][break]
It may be a greater kindness than this person deserves, but that doesn’t mean she won’t grant it.[break][break]
Afterwards, her eyes fall to the sound that they had initially heard against the stone. A large shipment container, the contents securely locked away. Luka casts her partner a sidelong glance, then turns back to the crate.[break][break]
”Should we….d-do you think we should, erm…take it?”[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x7)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP