6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
breaking free [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 3:27:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle walks around to investigate the interdream zone in search of the seal stone, whatever that was. mist and fog block most of his vision, though steel bars contrast against the background easily, making it easily seen.

he walks towards it, having no other clue where to start searching, when he notices someone contained behind them. investigating the containment unit, he realizes it's the ex-ranger head behind it.

"oh, hey," he greets her casually. "you're, like, a real person, right?"

if she was real, she'd probably play along with kyle's own sense of humor, which is to say yes. only real people would deny it and not answer with scathing sarcasm.

postdormitum: clash
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 4:13:09 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","annal"]

[attr="class","annalluck"]

[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
annalise turns around at the sound of another person's voice, squinting through the veil of interdream mist to see behind rows of steel bars. those weren't there before, she realizes, approaching the barrier between them with a hefty dose of suspicion.
[break][break]
"yeah. ... are you?"
[break][break]
she doesn't really know kyle — every meeting she's seen him at he's been a quiet observer, so she has no idea how to answer his question in a way to prove that she's real. maybe the best proof is that she's here at all. she can't think of a reason why she would appear in his dream, unless it's a nightmare about an aqua meeting or something. [break][break]
"also, like, are you stuck?" she motions to the bars. from her perspective, he might be the one who's trapped. "or is this, like, that mist stuff?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","annalooc"]
+ tldr [break]
+ clash (2/3)[break]
+ 50 (participating) + 10 (ic post) = 60[break]

[attr="class","annalaccent"]

[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]

@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]

[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:07:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"if i was a figment of your imagination, wouldn't it be really fucked up for you to think you're already hallucinating a person you barely met?"

it was an attempt of a joke, evident with his slight chuckle.

the question catches him off-guard. he raises a brow, taking a moment to realize that what she's staring at was literally the same view as he sees, except it's the other way around.

"i just got here," he tells her. "so i guess the latter?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:35:50 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","annal"]

annalise can't argue with that logic. and even if he is a hallucination, her weary mind wants to believe that he's real. anything to stave off the oppressive isolation of this place.[break][break]
"okay, true," she says, punctuating her agreement with a relieved laugh. her smile fades as she reaches out and sets her hands on the horizontal bar experimentally. they feel cold and real beneath her palms.
[break][break]
anxiety tingles like electricity under her skin. she disguises it under what remains of her smile.
[break][break]
"do you think we could hallucinate, like, a key for this?"
[break][break]
she glances over her shoulder and thinks she sees similarly dark bars blocking the path she'd been walking down a moment before.
[break][break]
am i stuck?
[break][break]

+ tldr [break]
+ clash (2/3)[break]
+ 50 (participating) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) = 70[break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:42:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he answers with a shrug. he can't give no answer, especially because the region's leading expert on interdream zones turned out to be part of the drk triad, so whatever they know may not be true.

there's only one way to find out though.

"i suppose. do you want to try?"

kyle would try, but he's not sure if he has the creativity to do so. he's not sure where the containment even came from, or whether it was his or annalise's doing.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:56:46 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","annal"]

"uh, yeah, sure."
[break][break]
annalise had kind of hoped that would be the one to think up a skeleton key instead of putting the onus on her, the presumably trapped one, but she's not really in a position to say as much. her expression clouds thoughtfully, trying to force the mist to conjure the key she's picturing in her mind. [break][break]
a voice beyond the fog makes her concentration break. it sounds far enough away that she can't make out the words, but close enough to cut the  sharp sting of familiarity.
[break][break]
"um ... "
[break][break]
her brows furrow with worry. [break][break]
"did, um ...  did matias come here with you?"
[break][break]
+ tldr [break]
+ clash (2/3)[break]
+ 50 (participating) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) = 80[break]

@

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 6:07:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle brightens up when she mentions his friend's name.

"oh, did you find him?" it's been a while since he's lost him. "i've been trying to find him since his ankle monitor doesn't work here."

he's searched for him with penny, and then lost track of the councilwoman on the way. they eventually just started filling random roles of the skirmish, of which kyle was led here.

it breaks his concentration from trying to get a key out to reality. all he thinks about is how they haven't even seen where the lock is, and it bothers him.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 6:23:51 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","annal"]

annalise feels bad seeing 's face light up at the mention of .
[break][break]
"oh no, i just — " the explanation gets caught on her teeth. she isn't sure she wants to tell him why she brought him up, afraid that the voice she heard was real. "i thought i heard his voice just now, but it must've been this mist, right?"
[break][break]
a pause.
[break][break]
"i'm sure he's okay, though, wherever he is. he's matias."
[break][break]
she frowns, fingers curling around the bar. maybe she shouldn't try and force a key — maybe she should convince the interdream mist that she wants to stay in here so it'll provide her with the opposite scenario?
[break][break]
"hmmm."
[break][break]
the ground at her feet turns to smooth, unyielding cement. prison flooring, for sure.
[break][break]
"this is harder than i thought it'd be, actually."
[break][break]
another chuckle, this time to drown out her what if i'm stuck here forever? thoughts.
[break][break]

+ tldr [break]
+ clash (2/3)[break]
+ 50 (participating) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) = 90[break]

@

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 6:31:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you imagined his voice? of all people? that's new."

kyle's surprise is warranted since no one really like as far as he knows. he doesn't even know if actually likes-likes him or if she's just there for a fun time.

"yeah, he's fine. we can work on this instead."

he looks on his hip, trying to recall all the pokemon he brought on the balls he has on his holster. before he finalizes on his choice, he turns to annalise.

"what do you think about breaking these bars instead? i'd burn them off, but maybe you have someone who can cut through it instead."

it would definitely be cleaner that way.

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 7:01:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","annal"]

"how do we know you didn't imagine it? isn't he, like, kinda on your mind right now?" she asks, voice lined with a hint of defensiveness.[break][break]
is the one who's looking for him, so it makes sense that he's the one who dreamt up the voice. unless he didn't hear the voice, but she rejects the very idea that it came from her head.
[break][break]
she perks up at his suggestion.
[break][break]
"we can do that?"
[break][break]
she should've considered brute-forcing this jail cell in the first place.
[break][break]
"i have an aegislash i can try."
[break][break]
annalise pats her belt in search of the right poke ball. her aegislash joins them a few moments later, hovering beside her.
[break][break]
"okay, you should stand back for this."
[break][break]
she retreats further into her prison until the mist beyond the bars obscures kyle. her aegislash hacks at the steel until enough clean cuts have been made to create a little opening. she approaches the bars, bending low to slip out and gratefully meet the champion on the other side.
[break][break]
"that was a smart idea!" she compliments, finally brightening up. "way better than mine."
[break][break]

+ tldr [break]
+ clash (2/3)[break]
+ 50 (participating) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) = 100[break]

@

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 10:04:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he shrugs. he didn't hear the voice, though he was concentrating really hard in materializing a key so it might have been why he didn't notice it.

kyle steps back as she produces an aegislash and cuts through the bars. he would have been the one to go to her side had she not done it first.

"sometimes, the easiest way is the best one," he tells annalise, sharing the concept behind his magnificent plan.

now that the distance is closed, they are left with one predicament. he could have went ahead and started to search for the seal stone, though what she said cannot be ignored.

"which direction did you say you heard his voice from again?"

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 19:21:01 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","annal"]

"i can see that," she says with a laugh. "this is my first time experiencing this stuff, so i had no idea you could just ... do that."
[break][break]
it doesn't make sense to her that a hallucination can manifest physically like that, or that it can be overcome so easily by a pokemon's attack. she pockets that knowledge for later.
[break][break] insists on looking for . annalise feels a strong pull to point him in the direction of his voice and leave the champion to his own devices, but she doesn't want to be alone in this alien world. [break][break]
"um ... let me see ... "
[break][break]
she looks around, but the mist surrounding them makes her lose all sense of direction. she can hear his voice closer now, near enough to make out him asking someone to stay a little longer. her ribs squeeze around her heart, but the frown that accompanies it lends well to her words:
[break][break]
"sorry, i don't hear him anymore so i'm not sure."
[break][break]
she blinks up at kyle.
[break][break]
"do you hear him at all?"
[break][break]

+ tldr [break]
+ clash (2/3)[break]
+ 50 (participating) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) = 110[break]

@

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 2:47:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nope."

he hasn't heard a word from him for the longest time since entering the rift, and definitely not here at the interdream zone.

"are you sure you weren't hallucinating one?" he could have probably used a better term. "ooh, what if we get a matias from the mist?"

people coming out of the interdream zone wasn't unheard of, and definitely one that both of them know has a high likeliness of being present.

kyle starts to look around for him, but doesn't find any hint of that pink hair around. now that he's actually looking for him though, the chances of him appearing rises.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,150 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 3:36:41 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","annal"]

the more she listens, the harder it is to deny that she really is the one hallucinating matias. she shies away from the idea of summoning the elite four member out of the mist, but embraces it, looking all around them for any sign of him. she starts to worry that his searching is going to actually manifest something. [break][break]"um — are you suuure we should be bringing another matias into this world?" she asks him, tentative.[break][break]
"anna."
[break][break]
the champion's manifestations work faster than a teenage girl's.
[break][break]
"anna?"
[break][break]
"maybe we should just keep looking for the real one instead?"
[break][break]
"henderson? are you ignoring me?"
[break][break]
she can't ignore that stupid nickname, turning towards the direction of the voice. she swears she sees someone moving in the mist, but she's not going to follow some siren's call further into the interdream fog.
[break][break]
maybe she can convince kyle to leave.
[break][break]

+ tldr [break]
+ clash (2/3)[break]
+ 50 (participating) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) + 10 (ic post) = 120[break]

@

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 3:50:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, i heard that!"

the voices were faint, but it was something he wasn't imagining. they were calling for annalise though, which caused him to turn around and look at her.

"i mean, those words sound like it's in character of him." he does have weird obsession with women. "maybe you're actually closer friends than him and i? he's being sad lately so maybe it's worth a shot to see if it's real or not?"

he's been having his sad boy days a lot. kyle doesn't even comprehend how it happens because that man has literally no other mode besides wanting to fight and being weird.

kyle whistles like he would to get a dog's attention, though he does it subconsciously, to find matias amid the mist.