3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
assistance [s][c]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 18:12:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He had… he had to do something.

After racking his brains, and hoping that the person he needed to visit was at the labs, and was willing to accept a late-night surprise visitor, he then booked it quickly toward Evergrande City—

It didn’t take him too long to get there via his Gardevoir Lynette’s Teleport express, however he had to cut through the darker side of the city because the way he could feel his ‘connection’ going awry with his legendary patron…

Well, he had to get help for it because not too long after he’d tried to visit the Iceborne Mirage in Shoal Cave (he’d been basically excommunicated, see) and he’d tried breaking into the frozen altar (with some help, unfortunately to no avail) this started happening.

It was like the first time he’d tried getting used to having the powers over frost and the cold within him, only this time it was more… erratic. Unpredictable.

(Was it violent? He wasn’t too sure.)

And he hoped that the one scientist he had in mind could be of some help…

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,748 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
assistance [s][c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 23:41:21 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It ha been a long few days, and recovery was coming slower than she expected. In some way, she thought her bond with Rayuqaza would make her physically stronger and more resilient but in reality she had simply pushed herself too far. The lack of rest since ULTRA DEEP SEA hadn’t been helping. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, adjusting the way her weight fell on her left side. The cracked ribs were healing but it would be weeks until the ache disappeared.

would indeed find the professor settled into her desk this late in the evening. The restless nights had kept her up, so she elected to at least be efficient with her time. If she couldn’t sleep, she may as well get work done.

The pale light of her tablet casted sharp shadows over her tired features. The light would extinguish upon Lars’s entry into her office. It’s too late in the night to find a secretary to challenge his advance deeper into her office. Her wide emerald eyes would greet him with a look of surprise, “Lars?” pushed the tablet back, adjusting in her seat to sit up a bit straighter, “What are you doing here so late?” And at her office. She can't’ recall a time he’d ever visited her within the League Headquarters.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
assistance [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 19:30:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You—you’re the only person I can think of, easily, that… that can help… with… with this.”

(Well, honestly, he was reminded of her because of her older brother , a.k.a. the lovable idiota.)

The moment he was close enough to her desk, he had to step back a little bit, before giving her a warning, “You… you might want to get some gloves on. Or anything that’ll keep you warm against the cold, because of this.”

He then tilted his head down, and should she take a closer look and squint, some of the steps he’d taken since entering the door had let out little puffing trails of what appeared to be frost.

“I’ve… I’ve been having problems. Ever since the serpent of the skies smashed the meteor late last year…”

He didn’t dare sit down anywhere, because if he did, whatever he came in contact with would possibly freeze over—or worse.

“I can’t control it.”

By ‘it’, hopefully she would clue in to his situation.

“But… that’s not the only thing that’s wrong. You… you’re aware that out of almost everyone who has a legendary patron deity, mine’s the only one who talks… the really chatty one? Well, asides from , but that’s another story. See, after that same incident… they haven’t been talking to me. Ever since. At all.”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,748 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
assistance [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 5:30:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 By nature, and training, Eva was an observant person. She could see Lars’ tension and feel the anxiety rise in the air. Her emerald eyes squinted past him when prompted. She noted the subtle wisps of white fog rising from the frosted footprints. It was only a moment later that she could feel the shill in the air - as if someone has suddenly turned on the air conditioning.

“Ah,” was all she managed to choke out at the moment. A broken avatar.

She could fix that.

The doctor’s gaze sharply turned back up to Lars, “That serpent is Rayquaza,” her own deity. The term may not have been meant to be offensive but it struck a chord. Arbok are serpents, Rayquaza is god.

Eva listened to the rest of his story carefully. Perhaps it was more than just a broken avatar - a broken god? Or a broken bond?

“Hmph, maybe we should step outside,” she stood, snatching her jacket off the back of her chair just in case, “Tell me about your god,” Eva was familiar with the stories (she was from Kanto, after all). Other than them being talkative, she didn’t know much about Articuno. Lars' description would also give her subtle clues to their relationship and dynamic. She’d listen as they walked through her lab and out the door to her private training field where she conducted observational research with pokemon far too dangerous to be confined inside.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
assistance [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 15:15:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“In my defense,” he continued quietly, “…with the many stories and tales of the Weather Trio that are abound in Sootopolis, most of the variations I’ve heard about them never mention them by their proper name, only their… only by the subjective titles they’re referred to in the stories. I apologize.”

And boy he knew a lot of stories about the Weather Three. Thanks to his mother, really. And then there was Fritz as well but we don’t talk about that.

Following her outside to a private, personal outdoor area he decided to fill her in on the gaps. Well, as many of the gaps as he could fill her in on thanks to volunteering what little information she knew.

“I know you’re from Kanto—Ollie told me a lot of stories—but yeah. From things I’ve gathered, the Iceborne Mirage… some of the tales paint them as a loner who never leaves the lowest level of the Seafoam Islands. Yet others paint them to be someone who lures people to their doom in the cold, frozen mountains whenever said people get lost. Some other tales? They paint Articuno in an ambivalent… let’s put it at… kind of light.”

Asides from the fact that the normally-chatty patron was on frigid radio silence…

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,748 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
assistance [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 7:17:49 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva stopped just shy of the edge of the battlefield. The green grass fluttered in the breeze that dipped below the tall build behind them. She maintained a comfortable distance due to Lars’ warning. Regardless, she held him under a warm gaze, clearly judgment free.

“Yes, I know of the stories,” as he pointed out, she did grow up in Kanto, after all. Articuno was one of the legendary birds that roamed their skies, sometimes causing weather phenomena that should otherwise not exist, “I was hoping for something more personal. You know, something you’ve learned about them since becoming their avatar,” after beat, she chose to play off the volunteered information, “Do you think any of the legends like that are true?” Of course, Eva had her assumptions. The disturbing report of Articuno’s previous avatar frozen to death flashed through her mind.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights