he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
Dream a Better Dream (POSTDORMITUM)
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 21:39:10 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton hobbled along the path, though to say he was all there would be inaccurate. He was, at most, pretty sure this was the right direction to get back to Granite Cave, but his encounters so far had thrown off his sense of direction. Everything looked alien and strange and it was hard to wrap his mind around which way was up or down because gravity didn't work right in this place.

That, and Colton's head was still swimming. Who would have thought getting physically hit by another human would hurt so much? But leave it to a Rocket to take his victory, a hard fought one at that, and turn it into a loss by literally just beating the shit out of him. At the very least, had managed to knock his shoulder back into socket, leaving it sore, but functional. But, considering fish scales had begun growing on his left arm, along with the coral horn being joined by a second one, he couldn't really cheer all that much. He would look like quite the devil if not for his large glasses and torn lab coat.

A hollow laugh made its way out of his throat as he imagined how ridiculous he probably looked, but it took more energy out of him than he had anticipated. A wave of fatigue washed over Colton and he closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose as he fought off a migraine following shortly after.

"Just keep it together...You're nearly out, for sure. Then you can rest," he told himself before opening his eyes to blinding white that made him blink and squint as his eyes adjusted to the sudden influx of light. After a moment, he looked around him, his jaw slack with confusion.

He was no longer in the Ultra Deep Sea, but instead, a hallway lined with fluorescent ceiling lights, white tile and white walls. It smelled clean, as if it had been freshly mopped and his shoes squeaked as he slowly stepped forward.

"Um...hello?"

OOC: Interdream (1/2)
50 MP (Participation), 10 MP (IC Post), 10 MP (Mutation)
Total: 70
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,499 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 19:41:29 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Shit. That's all Paxton thinks as he's checking over his gear, looking for tears in his uniform. Any wounds he'd developed were slowly getting covered with a strange iridescent slime. His right eye framed by blond hair slowly turning into large tentacles. His eye glows. And kelp somehow found itself attached around it, tangling with gair tentacles.

He swallows hard, glancing his appearance in a strange puddle before moving on. And the. The world turns tonged pink and his soft footsteps begin to echo on linoleum floors.

"Shit." A hallucination from the dream mist. He moves slowly, doing his best to silence his steps on strangely human design. The 'hello' startled him, flinching as he turned to stare at the brunette with glasses."Hello-!" He hissed wondering if this was a hallucination, a rocket or both. "Where did you come from?"

| interdream 1/2

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 23:15:03 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton was left wandering down the endlessly looping halls, with no exits, windows, or doors in sight. Just the infinite off white with the only sound being the sound of his shoes on linoleum and the hum-buzz of fluorescent lights. He continued to call out, only to hear the echo of his own voice respond. There was just…nothing. Nothing but him, alone, in an endless sea of white.

That was, until he almost ran into another man in the halls.

It seemed that they startled each other an equal amount, which also meant neither of them were aware of what the hell was going on in this place. ”Uh, I’m not really sure where I came from. I’m not entirely sure what this place is,” he responded. With another person now being there, Colton was felt a small bit of relief that he wasn’t going to have to face this alone, at the same time, he felt bad that someone else was dragged in there with him.

”I guess this is that dream most stuff, huh? I’ve only heard about this in passing, so I’m not entirely sure how to approach this really,” he admitted, looking around for a moment before looking back at the man. ”Oh, my mistake. I’m Colton. It’s probably best that we get to know each other if we’re going to get out of it.”

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 80
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,499 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 1:29:28 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

He pauses, eyeing the stranger with suspicion before sighing. He's not even attempting to conceal his person. He didn't look very prepared for combat. "How did you get here." he asked, gesturing around. "Like- Ultra Space- I guess why are you here?" he asked.

"This is my first time in it too." he said. He'd heard about it, but he'd left the Starry Soiree before the mist had appeared. "I heard it's dangerous though. We should move quickly." at the introduction he takes a moment before handing over his alias, for now. He'd reintroduce himself later if they made it out together.

"Landon. Landon Casisdy. Nice to meet you, Colton." He nods down the hall. "Best keep moving." he heard a distorted pokemon's cry.

| interdream 1/2

mp tracker:

total:

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 3:01:55 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Hiding who he was wasn’t really on Colton’s mind at the moment, more concerned with what exactly this dream mist stuff had crafted. ”I was running some errands for the League before I went off on my own,” he answered, already turning his attention to the empty hallways extending into the distance rather than the man speaking to him. ”Got my teeth kicked in a couple times, so now I’m just trying to get out.”

Colton let out an amused chuckle as the guy, Landon, as he called himself, pointed out that they should leave. ”Way ahead of you, but I’m not sure what the way out of her even is…” he said, pausing for a moment as he looked in all four directions presented to him. All equally clean, white, and completely empty.

Colton looked around at the strange cry before waving at Landon to follow him. ”Come on. Might as well just pick a direction and go.”

Colton began to walk down one of the hallways, the infinite white stretching out in front of him. He couldn’t gauge how long he’d been walking simply because something in front of him changed, but he still continued on.

”I didn’t ask, but why are you here? This place is an active war zone, pretty much, so no one normal should just be stumbling in,” he said, looking over his shoulder at the other man.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 90 MP
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,499 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 20:23:07 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

As they both try to navigate outta there, he asked, "What kind of errands?" And then- he notes he's had run in with Rockets. Considering most of his matches had been damn near to the death, he gives Colton another once over. "If you're hurt, I can administer some first aid." he offered. [break][break]

He frowned when asked, "I could say the same thing about you." IF the rifts were getting bigger or becoming unstable, he doubted anyone would bring a civilian into it. Maybe the caves at most but past that? [break][break]

"I'm a scout for the League. I was sent in to try to track down the Seal location, as well as support any active conflicts between our teams and Rocket." he said as he tried to turn on his own comms. [break][break]

A strange bit of static runs through the channel and he wondered if it was the mist fucking it all up. "I've been trying to avoid the mist but it seems to surge sometimes without warning. Or maybe...even a little bit is enough after long enough, if you don't notice you're breathing it in."

[break][break]

+ | interdream 1/2 [break][break]

tl;dr [break]

mp tracker [break]

[break][break]
total:

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 17:49:55 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton shrugged at the question. "Dropping off some cargo, repairing some communication stuff. The usual in this place," he said. At the offer of first aid, Colton glanced down at his left arm for a moment before shaking his head. "Unless you've got painkillers or a way to remove coral horns, I think I'm good for the time being."

Colton gave a "Fair enough" nod of his head at Paxton's response. They could go back and forth forever being distrustful of each other about why exactly why were there. Instead, he extended his right arm outwards for a handshake. "Well, so long as we're both claiming to be League, then I say we work together to get out of this stuff. Name's Colton. Pleasure to meet you," he said.

With introductions out of the way, Colton turned his attention back towards the white hallways. His brow furrowed as he studied the endless linoleum. "Well, however it works, there has to be a reason it's created these hallways. If it's a hallucinogen, then why do we see the same thing?"

Almost as if in answer, the infinite hallways shifted slightly, a window appearing further down the way, with what looked like a lab inside.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 100 MP
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,499 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 22:41:31 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"I do." Paxton said with a nod, gesturing for the engineer to get closer. "Hold still and I'll see about plucking it out. Unless its...you know, growing out of you." he said wit ha shrug before tapping the side of his helmet. "I've got kelp growing around my right eye. Harmless, but weird." he explained. [break][break]

With the hand offered, Paxton goes in for a typical handshake as he introduced himself to his newest ally. "Cassidy. Likewise." he said as he slipped forth his call sign for now. He'd explain it later when they came out of this shit hole. [break][break]

"That is weird, yes." he said before shrugging. "The only science I did was environmental. This feels more like a neuroscience kinda problem." They keep forward, before he tries some doors. Locked, one after the other. This felt lie ka set up. He didn't really have strong feelings towards...hospitals? Was this a hospital? "It's my first time actually being in it, so I'm not familiar with how these dream mazes go." he admitted. There's a rumbling sound far behind them and it gave the pinkette pause. Looking back at Colton he asked, "Have you seen anything other than me?"

[break][break]

tl;dr [break]

mp tracker: [break]
- mutation mention

[break][break]
total:

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 0:35:48 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton couldn't help but laugh at the suggestion, despite the situation they were in. He gave a tug on the horn to show it as indeed growing out of his head. "Guess we're two of a kind here, huh?" he said. "Here's hoping that it disappears whenever we get out of here."

"Pleasure to meet you," Colton answered, before turning back towards the hallways. He found himself peeking into each window, only finding empty rooms with tables and scientific equipment. He glanced at Cassidy when he asked his question, only shrugging his shoulders in response.

"No. Other than these rooms now showing up, you're the only thing I-" A metallic clanking cut Colton off. He turned his head in the direction of the sound, a turn in the hallway suddenly appearing. He took a step back as he turned fully towards the source of the sound, flinching as the metallic clanking grew louder and louder, its origin soon making itself known.

A metallic purple creature rounded the corner, large red eyes turning to regard both Colton and Cassidy. The creature studied them for a moment, looking between the two before settling on Colton and taking a few clanking steps towards him.

Colton was frozen, unable to move as the creature came within arms reach. They stared at each other for a moment before it bowed its head, then turned and walked down the hallway, disappearing into the endless white...

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 110 MP
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,499 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 3:40:19 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Paxton hand on his rifle tensed, shifting to watch the approaching purple robot. It approaches them, seemingly calm and staring down Colton before walking off. For whatever reason, it doesn't get violent like he had heard so many other people say about the dream zone. [break][break]

"The hell...was that-?" he asked before a door father down the hall exploded open, letting out smoke and fire and a strange electrical buzzing. It's not far enough to be a concern debris wise, but there's something clearly trying to get out, flying erratically out of the door and out of the smoke. [break][break]

It's almost a pokemon- an imitation of one. He wondered if it was linked to the thing we just saw earlier. The movements are unnatural but its eyes glow bright and even as it struggles it bursts forth with sudden DISCHARGE. His Skarmory moves forth to toss up a SAND ATTACK in an effort to dampen it's accuracy and at least body the attack for the two humans. "Ok, this is more like what I expected!" he said as he raised the rifle and took a quick shot at one of the wings to slow it down.

[break][break]

tl;dr [break]

- mutation mention

[break][break]
total:

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 17:59:47 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton watched the robot walk away, shrugging his shoulders at Cassidy's question. "I...I don't know...I've never seen anything like it," he answered, but he had a feeling that whatever it was knew him. The way it had bowed its head made it seem like it acknowledged him as a higher up of sorts.

He wasn't sure if that was any better than it just attacking them...

Almost as if in answer, a door at the end of the hall exploded, with another robotic creature appearing from the smoke. Colton fell backwards in surprise, scrambling away as he stared in a mixture of awe and fear at the mechanical Volcarona. A perfect fusion of Pokemon and machine. It was exactly the kind of thing he theorized about, only held back by the ethics of doing so.

"No way..." he muttered to himself as he got back to his feet, pulling Arti's Pokeball from his waist, but hesitating on whether or not to release the Rotom.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 120 MP
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,499 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 0:52:19 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The metal bug seemed deterred only for a second before beeping something quickly and its wings glowing as their powered up. As the creature began moving and swaying, fire blasted out from its FIERY DANCE. His Skarmory shrieks from the burning heat, crumpling as it tried to escape its opponent. [break][break]

In an attempt to protect itself, the Skarmory used SPIKES, tossing scraps of debris back at the strange Volcarona to attempt to slow it down. The thing merely began sparking dangerously, uncontrollably about to blast them with another horrible DISCHARGE.

[break][break]

tl;dr [break]

- mutation mention

[break][break]
total:

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 4:21:21 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
The shrieks of the Skarmory brought Colton back to his senses and he quickly called out his Rotom a moment later. Arti appeared in a flash of red, already moving into battle by releasing a pulse of electricity, a THUNDER WAVE designed to slow the creature down and give them a chance to better assess it.

As for Colton, his attention was called back to a window that had appeared next to him. He wasn't sure why, but he couldn't help but feel drawn to it. Much like everything is this place, it was all white, another lab, but this time it had a surgical table in the middle of the room with harsh black straps attached to it. It was quiet for a moment, until two men in black walked in, carrying a Revavroom between them, its eye looking between them in worry.

Ice filled Colton's veins as he felt himself walking closer. The marks on the shiny metal body, the size, the shape. It wasn't just a Revavroom, it was his Revavroom. Instinctively, he checked his waist, his fingers wrapping around Burnout's Pokéball, the warmth of relief flowing through his body. It wasn't real, yet he couldn't tear his eyes away as he watched the men strap Burnout to the table.

One of them took a bottle from a counter, spraying the liquid in it into the Revavroom's cylinder. Almost immediately, Burnout's eye became half lidded, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as his body became limp. A sedative, but why? What were they doing to his Pokémon? Colton pressed closer, trying to discern just what was going on when a familiar face walked into the room.

Himself.

Colton was frozen as he watched his doppelganger cross the room. Even though it was very clearly him, Colton could see there were some differences. Gray hairs had begun to pop up in his hair and his face seemed lined and tired. Most importantly, on his lab coat, there was a bright red R.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 130 MP
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,499 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 21:10:00 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The THUNDER WAVE seemed to slow down the metal menace, but it doesn't stop it completely. It just gave them time. To either run or fight. And considering the damages this thing was causing, Paxton was considering running. "Send it back, Sierra!" he called out as the Skarmory gets to it's feet and rushes at the floating metal bug. [break][break]

His eyes turn to Colton as the Skarmory used a FEINT attack on the moth, which doesn't seem to do much. It's wings began to glow despite not moving or beeping again. It seemed to be preparing for some sort of next attack. "Colton, focus! We need to move!" he said, urgent as the civilian's focus stayed elsewhere.

[break][break]

tl;dr [break]

- mutation mention

[break][break]
total:

close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 2:23:51 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Arti followed Cassidy's gaze as he called out to Colton, worry on its face. But it couldn't divert its attention from the mechanical Volcarona as it continued to push forward despite the paralysis. The Rotom's washing machine body rumbled to life, water gathering within its body before it shot out a powerful HYRDO PUMP.

Colton, however, was ignoring everything going on around him, his eyes fixed on this Rocket doppelganger. His faces was inches from the glass as he watched himself taking notes and performing small tests on Burnout. The Revavroom's eye darted around, trying to keep "Colton" in view.

"Vital signs are normal. Moving forward to extraction for Steel type DNA for Type: Null," the doppelganger said. Colton felt himself press even closer to the glass, his eyes growing wide at the statement as a large device with a large, drill-like needle attached to it.

Burnout's eye went equally wide and he began to struggle against the restraints as "Colton" grabbed the device and brought it towards his Pokémon's body. It whirred to life, sparks beginning to fly as it punctures into Burnout's body.

Colton felt his knees buckle, unable to keep himself standing as the Revavroom began to scream in pain. He slid to the ground, his ears deaf to everything but his Pokémon's cries of pain. It felt like it went on for an eternity, but eventually, the sound died down and he slowly pulled himself back to his feet. He felt numb as he observed the state of the room: Burnout, weak and panting, his body slumped against the table. The device, full of a silvery purple liquid being wheeled away. And his doppelganger, not even a fragment of remorse on his face.

"Extraction was successful. Take the subject to Genesect construction," he said, the same men in black entering the room and taking Burnout away. Colton strained himself against the glass, trying to see where his beloved Pokémon was being taken, but the trio vanished into the white ether, leaving only himself and his doppelganger on opposite sides of glass.

The other Colton, after a few moments of scribbling down notes, looked up from his clipboard, right into Colton's eyes. A knowing smile crossed his face, before he walked out of the room.

10 MP (IC Post)
Total: 140 MP