part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 6:09:37 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollietop"]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "head ranger anderson? one, two, three, testing. head ranger anderson, can you hear me?"

[break][break] his voice cracks in through the speakerset that they'd been given for the mission as he looks at the expansive sea. floating islands morph in the space ahead of them, and ollie squints his eyes to see if he sees any hints of rockets.

[break][break] nope.

[break][break] "ugh," he says, blustering out a sigh. "i don't really have to call you that, do i? i mean, when it's just us."

[attr="class","ooc"] + [break]
COMMS [2/2]

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; letter-spacing:0.6px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(100%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 20:21:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You know how it goes,” he sassed back, voice crackling over the feed. “Or do you want me to use the special call sign I gave you?”

A few minutes of silence later, he couldn’t resist breaking out into a fit of immoral laughter, before a snort escaped him as well.

“What would you prefer, then?” he continued as he looked around from his ‘post’; they’d agreed to keep an eye around this particular expanse to see if there were any Rockets coming their way, because why were they coming out of the woodwork now?

With a sigh, he blinked and rested his eyes a bit before teasing him a bit with the next transmission.

“Captain Morales, do you see anything out of the ordinary over there? Or do you want me to call you idiota?”

The last part was in jest, of course.

“Besides, you’re the only one I call that and can get away with it. Like, what the hell, man, we’ve known each other for what, a decade and some change now?”

pd: comms
100 ↠ comms thread
50 ↠ participate in a PD thread
10 ↠ post in a PD thread

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 6:40:37 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] special call sign?

[break][break] "um - remind me what that is again?"

[break][break] laughter rings through the ear-piece as ollie grins from ear-to-ear. even though the realm brought forth unsettled feelings of paranoia and anxiety, just something about being around his oldest friend made things easier to bear.

[break][break] he snickers.

[break][break] "idiota works fine. or ollie. or big o. or "most handsome amazing and smarter-than-you" king works well too."

[break][break] lips twist into a lopsided grin as he leans forward on his wyrdeer.

[break][break] "i can call you "grumpy old man on his lawn" or "larsypie" or mr. carbonora-man. your choice, really." he chuckles. "or did you want to go with code names? mr. mohawk? mr. frost-a-lot?"

[break][break] he lets out a sigh, leaning back so he sat up.

[break][break] "i don't see anything, though. is there something - like - specific we're looking for?"

[break]

COMMS [2/2]

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; letter-spacing:0.6px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(100%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 20:11:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I don’t have a mohawk, the hell are you saying,” he sassed back over the line, unable to hide the snort that escaped him afterward.

“To be honest, we’re… supposed to be on the lookout for anything suspicious. I remember teaming up with someone and we found a supply caravan, however the ‘important’ cargo, I shit you not… were those crazy pillows that had people printed on them in really lewd poses. Geez. Looks like the Rocket envoy we ended up intercepting had blue-balled grunts hauling regular supplies along.”

He rolled his eyes afterward.

“Also, you really think I have that ‘get the hell off my lawn’ aura about me?” he cackled, squinting through the binoculars he was holding.

100 ↠ comms thread
20 ↠ post in a PD thread

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 21:13:57 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] a cackle rises from ollie's voice at his best friend's snarky reply, but he doesn't say anything else.

[break][break] he bursts out laughing at reply.

[break][break] "what?" he leans forward, clutching his sides. he guffaws. "lewd posses? think you could show me them sometime?" ollie cackles once more, before he looks skyward to see his pidgeot dropping off POISON BARBS along the ground - traps for any incoming rockets.

[break][break] "do you disagree?" he mused. "you were always a bit standoffish, even when we were kids." emerald eyes twinkle. "it's a wonder you made any friends while i was in kalos."

[break][break]

COMMS [2/2]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 21:37:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’m not even kidding, man,” he deadpanned over the line as he heard Ollie’s cackling.

“I have the damned pictures in my phone for proof, if you want to see them later.”

He was about to continue when he heard a quiet grating noise, signifying that Ro the Metagross had returned. Sometimes he wondered if he was too flashy—but brushed the thought away.

“Oh, come on. I know the others called me the Hedgehog or something like that. Porcupine? Honestly, I’onno. I liked working alone most of the time, because… how do I put this—they don’t understand the way I work. You do, though.”

That was then, though. This is now. Thankfully he has other people… in his life…

…or did he, really?

100 ↠ comms thread
30 ↠ post in a PD thread

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 2:59:53 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "sure, sure. show me the pictures," he says, chortling. "though that's not very head ranger-y of you, to keep those pictures on your phone in the first place. what if sees them?"

[break][break] he snickers.

[break][break] when it all quiets, and ollie's finally caught his breath, there's still a soft smile on his face as lars opens up. he bites his lip, attempted to make a quip about it, the same way he always did.

[break][break] "yeah," he says. "that's what makes us such great partners. always did."

[break][break] he enjoyed friendship, even with all the banter and teasing and rough-housing the two of them did. and having the head ranger's company was a comfort more than anything he's had in a long while.

[break][break] "though, if memory serves, i think you used to hate me back then."

[break][break] ollie looks out at the surrounding space, tossing out a MYSTERIOUS ORE to close up a few more portals. he watches as the scarlet shards crack and pull the rifts close, sewing them up in an instant.

[break][break] "you kept the fort down pretty good without me here, you know."

[break][break]
COMMS [2/2]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 17:51:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I already sent a report regarding interception attempts for any of these Rocket supply caravans, and to be on the lookout for important supplies,” he hummed quietly, and for a few seconds the line crackled and popped—making him wince as he took the earpiece out before shaking his head.

Ouch.

“Oh, it wasn’t outright hate, it was just… how do I put this? I was astounded someone wanted to get to know me, all things considered,” he admitted once he’d put the earpiece back in and replied back.

There were several weird… pulsing, vibrating ‘cracks’ in reality where he was waiting, and hummed quietly.

“You think, if we ripped those tears in reality open… we’d jump to another world?” he continued, however this was a rhetorical question at this point. Considering that he wanted to stick his hand in it, something was telling him that was going to be a bad idea.

100 ↠ comms thread
40 ↠ post in a PD thread

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 17:52:05 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "aww. lars, are you saying you were insecure?"

[break][break] it's cute, now that ollie thinks about it, that the adult that he has come to recognize as so surly and stubborn would have once thought that people didn't want to get to know him. and now he was head ranger! how about that?

[break][break] in some ways, ollie and lars had always been opposites. ollie, a glowing representation of courage and social excellence, drawing people with a clever joke and a grin of pearly whites. then there was lars, who was quick-witted and clever, but more independent and scathing in his words, preferring the illusiveness of outsiders to the performance of the center-fold. if ollie was a lion, then lars was a black panther, hidden in his woods.

[break][break] but they'd always gotten along famously anyway.

[break][break] maybe ollie had forced it.

[break][break] "hmm." ollie contemplates lars' question. while he never had trouble trying things, the ultra deep sea made him feel uncertain. untethered. "you wanna go? which world would you go to?"

[break][break]

COMMS [2/2]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 21:16:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What do you think? Of course that’s what I meant—” he trailed off, however the ‘cracks’ he was observing at his vantage point seemed to be getting… bigger?

Now where did he put that…

He let the silence settle for a bit before pulling out a mysterious red stone and then pondering if there was some sort of a connection between them. After all, they were given some extra supplies, too.

“I actually wanted to see if… if there’s a universe out there where he’s still alive. And no, I don’t mean oyaji, I mean someone else…”

More silence permeated for a few moments, and all Ollie would hear on his end was the sound of something cracking, before seemingly sealing itself up—Lars had smashed the object in his hand and watched the spatial (or were they temporal?) cracks ‘mend’ themselves after the red stone was shattered and applied to the ‘cracks’.

“…I wanted to look for , and while maybe not talk to him. Just like. Seeing him one more time would. I don’t know. Bring me some kind of closure…”

100 ↠ comms thread
50 ↠ post in a PD thread
10 ↠ used red ore to seal spatial cracks

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 21:47:24 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "larsypie," he singsongs. "insecure? yeah right."

he laughs. [break] [break]

"cmon lars, you've always been cool to me. you have nothing to worry about." [break] [break]

the ranger captain gallops around the perimeters edge, deciding to use a few STICKY GLOBS to set up traps for unsuspecting victims. ollie's no killer so any kind of safety net he can provide is always appreciated.[break] [break]

"you don't want that," he says, voice a little to quick. "some things are just meant to stay the way they are." [break] [break]

ma had been so real. and it had hurt him to see the interdream morph it. [break] [break]

"plus, chickenhead, don't you think he'd want to see you moving on and happy rather than mopey and depressed?"

COMMS [2/2]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 21:08:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Che palle, for the love of everything don’t call me Larsy-pie, it sounds so gross,” he cackled quietly as he cringed on his end of the line. Much tempted as he was to drop a few more of the extra supplies around his section where he was supposed to be keeping watch…

The strange ‘growth’ of scales spreading along his right hand and going up his arm made him second-guess that.

“I still have some… unfinished business with him. But that’s about it. Who knows if my other self would’ve been happy. Or maybe the same ol’ depressed lil’ shit that I am…”

He had to blink and make sure he wasn’t seeing things. Those strange ‘scales’ were indeed multiplying.

“Hey, uhm… can you check your arms, and let me know if you’re suddenly growing scales of any kind? Because I shit you not, I’m growing them on my arm. And I’m pretty sure I’m not seeing things, because I pinched my left hand just now and it really hurt.”

100 ↠ comms thread
60 ↠ post in a PD thread
10 ↠ realm mutations (‘scales’ growing across his arm)

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 21:13:59 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "i've been calling you that for years! can't stop now."

[break][break] he grins.

[break][break] though there is something about the ultra deep sea that deeply unsettles him, it's clear as day that just being in presence has helped a great deal. it reminds ollie of what he was as a kid, before things got hard.

[break][break] speaking of...

[break][break] "what kind of unfinished business?"

[break][break] ollie swallows, trying to push back memories of his own difficult relationship with . when he'd left for kanto, things had been bad. terrible, even.

[break][break] he distracts himself by chucking a POISON BARB at a curl of smoke, before it could transform into something terrifying. like the ghosts of his past.

[break][break] "yeah. that's what happens here. 'cept for some reason instead of scales, i grow plants." on his shoulders and arms was a litter of moss and vines wrapping around his arm and torso. ollie had become used to it, after so many travels to the ultra deep sea, but he realized it wasn't the same for everyone.

[break][break] "it's not too bad, but we shouldn't stay for long."

[break][break] he thinks of the scales that had dug into and . he shudders.

COMMS [2/2]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 21:21:10 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

By now his left hand was busy with some of the sticky globs that had been given to him—and he decided to lay out a trap on his side of the route as well by scattering them in not-so-conspicuous locations close to where he was ‘hiding’ and keeping an eye on things.

“Like… I just wanted to ask him. Why he hadn’t even told me where exactly he was going. The last thing he mentioned before he left the Stray’s keys with me was that he was going to go look for more legendary tales…”

That line physically, mentally, not to mention emotionally—hurt him to say.

“But it’s been far too long. What if… what if he got kidnapped to another universe and died there?

The scales that were growing up his right arm were starting to remind him of his sea!self’s own… okay, whoa.

When he mentioned ‘plants’, though, he had to backtrack.

“Wait. Plants? Don’t tell me you’re going to turn into Groot or something on me,” he couldn’t resist adding the crack!

100 ↠ comms thread
70 ↠ post in a PD thread
10 ↠ used sticky globs to lay a trap

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CHATTERBOX [pd comms]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 21:35:31 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","littleollie"] "have you texted him?"

[break][break] most people would never think to text an ex. in fact, wasn't that in the rule book of big dos and don'ts?

[break][break] then again, ollie had never abided by them. perhaps that was the problem.

[break][break] "lars, i hate to say it but..."

[break][break] he frowns.

[break][break] "it sounds like he just ghosted you."

[break][break] it was a pretty shitty way to do it, but then again, gaslighting and guilt-tripping your once-girlfriend was not on the list of gentlemanly things to do either.

[break][break] lowering his voice, ollie says:

[break][break] "i. am. groot."

[break][break]

COMMS [2/2]