lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
young and menace [postdorm]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 1:51:44 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

As the day wears on, Lam finds his patience and endurance alike wearing thin. At least by this point as he retreats back to granite cave to recoup for a bit and find a spot to heal up some of his team, he felt a little more on his feet.[break][break]

Maybe it was having to run around the interdream zone, or the loss of his quaquaval, but something in his resilience shored up and robbed him of his normal level of calm. At least until he’s able to leave this stupid rift and go home where everything is normal again.[break][break]

Nothing is going to keep him from that.[break][break]

Not this dispute, not these Rockets.[break][break]

So when his path crosses with another nearby figure he doesn’t recognize—still partially shadowed by the gloom of the deep sea, he doesn’t pause to be cordial as he’d been with when he’d first arrived. His hand flies to his hip, and his scovillan springs free of its pokeball. “Who’s there?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
clash [2/2][break]
+ thread participation (50mp) + ic post x1 (10mp) = 60mp

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/TYxN6yk7/73-C2-C3-C1-AD17-45-CC-858-B-619858-BEFD6-D.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzob69fc7 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 1:00:30 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]

[attr="class","samjer"]

[attr="class","samjermain"]
Lam was far from the only one looking for a place to recuperate in this maze. With HQ and her lab a ways off, finding a place to relax seemed wise. After the loss of her Dracovish and the encounter with Joshie, her Purrugly happened to be running on fumes. This could be seen in a number of ways—including his gait. Normally graceful and self-assured, each step was marred by an injury on his left front foot. A matching injury on his trainer’s ankle made the two lean on each other. “Those were my favorite leggings, Purrsy. I hope that little punk ends up—” The feline stiffened as the scent of stranger became apparent.

Right here happened to be the perfect little sanctuary. At the room’s center was a large, table-like slab of rock. It offered ample space to stretch out and a good view of the surrounding area. It would give her space to sew up the weeping injury on her calf and a good place to take a nap. “Hopefully, he knows how to share, hm?” With that murmur gone, she turned to face Lam and his little pepper Pokemon.

“My, my starting with the deep, philosophical questions, hm?” Calpurnia turned to face him, moving to clamber on the stone. The metal of her helmet and modulator managed to remove most of the teasing from her voice. “You can call me Kelpie, love. All my friends do.” With a grunt, the cat jumped up beside her. His breath escaped in exhausted puffs as he bared his claws at Lam. Believing ladies did not start fights (often), she merely slid her hand to a Pokeball at her side.

“And I would love if we could be friends." But, she doubted that would happen. The League members she met so far seemed quite unreasonable. Attacking her for a quip about penises and then just because her suit screamed terrorist. “My feet hurt too much to do this again.”

Though, like the ever-wise Marie, Calpurnia had no problem finishing a fight.

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post
  • +50 MP for thread

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 15:44:03 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

A fight isn’t exactly on his preferred list of things to do. But he can’t afford to just amicably pass by and pretend he hasn’t crossed paths with this rocket agent either.[break][break]

“Ahhhh…think it’s a pretty easy one, really,” he replied, nose wrinkling up. He figured that it was probably sarcasm, but still. His eyes drifted from her to the purugly. The feline looked pretty worn out from what he could tell–a good thing for him, more than likely. Lam’s movements mirrored her own– hand drifting to the pokeballs at his own belt, fully prepared to release more than just his scovillan if she were to nudge him.[break][break]

“Oh yeah?” Lam laughed, posture relaxing slightly. “Not sure how plausible that is, uhh, Kelpie.” He shrugged, and his scovillan stomped forward, the maw of one pepper-shaped head opening up to collect energy. “I mean, nothing personal and all! But yeah, I’m tired, you’re tired. So we’ll make this quick.”[break][break]

The bright, photosynthetic light that had gathered sets loose, the ENERGY BALL aimed directly at the purugly.

[break][break]

clash [2/2][break]
+ thread participation (50mp) + ic post x2 (20mp) = 70mp

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/TYxN6yk7/73-C2-C3-C1-AD17-45-CC-858-B-619858-BEFD6-D.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzob69fc7 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 17:46:56 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

The woman smiled beneath her visor. But the damnable mask, again, robbed her of the world’s universal dialect—body language. “The hardest philosophical questions always are.” Those silly men devoted decades to discussing what it meant to be and how to have a civil conversation. So, Calpurnia did not doubt there were hundreds of tomes devoted to defining one’s self. And men called celebrity gossip a waste of time.

As the man turned to him, Purrseus tried his best to straighten up. One busy brow rose in question. What do you want? Those ghastly, bright eyes seem to say. Beneath the bravado, however, the cat hoped the man would just walk away. While not afraid of the glorified bell pepper, he was tired of hitting things. All he wanted was a spa day and a frozen margarita. Dried blood already flecked his muzzle, tail tufts, and belly.

Well, there went that little puff of hope. Like star-crossed lovers, they were forced to play out the same tired old tale. “I think it quite possible, you just lack creativity.” She shook her head. “But it does take two to tango.” The talk of quick made her spring to her feet. The Scovillain’s glowing maw produced the same reaction in the cat. He disappeared in a puff of red light. Reaching into her pocket as she moved, she chucked a Sticky Glob at the joint of the pepper’s two heads.

From her belt, she grabbed a temporary loaner. One that’d been given to her to replace the lost Dracovish. This she tossed at the Scovillain—a Dewgong emerging from within. Its eyes flared blue, an Ice Shard rocketing toward the fire-and-grass type as Calpurnia threw herself out of the way. As she did, the heel of her boot snapped, sending her to her knees.

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post
  • + 10 MP for Sticky Glob

[/div][newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 19:13:24 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

He shrugged, unbothered. “Guess there’s a point to be made there, ‘what’s in a name?’ and all that.” His hand waved lazily around as he spoke. “In this case, though—not too deep.” Just curiosity as to whether he’d find camaraderie or conflict when they crossed paths.[break][break]

Obviously now he knew it’d stick to the latter.[break][break]

“Me? Not creative? That’s the worst thing to call a painter!” he quipped back, hand passing through his hair in faux distress. “This is all a little more straightforward, though.” His head tilted side to side in a bout of contemplation. “So I think I’m safe there.”[break][break]

If she really wanted him to turn battling into a fine, high art, though…maybe he’d oblige. He was usually pretty generous.[break][break]

She was right, however—it did indeed take two to tango. That much he could work with. The sticky glob, not so much. Off balance by the fact that their heads were suddenly suckered together, Habanero tottered around clumsily as it tried to regain its bearings. It took the sharp hit of the ICE SHARD and howled, stumbling as it tried to shake both heads loose.[break][break]

But not before spewing an arcing round of FLAMETHROWER at the dewgong. Lam worked to retaliate too—chucking a scatterbang out to cause chaos and noise between the two opposing groups as he darted forward to try and assist the pokemon in pulling away as much sticky glob from its tough skin as he could.

[break][break]

clash [2/2][break]
+ thread participation (50mp) + ic post x3 (30mp) + use of scatterbang (10mp) = 90mp

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 2:40:58 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

“You’d be surprised, love,” Calpurnia murmured. In a family comprised of Jessicas and Karens, her name was noble elegance. Honestly, she was surprised her mother managed to spell it properly. It made her feel superior--like the swan amongst ducks. Then, of course, they decided to throw that out in favor of Kelpie.

Which, offensive at first, seemed almost prophetic now. The bog horses certainly did not have a good reputation, but they were masters of manipulation and social cues. These days, she looked at it fondly. “A name can change a lot about a person.” That was why she did her best to give her children the best of all possible worlds. Traditional names with acceptable meanings, no ugly derivatives, and equal parts class and originality.

Judging by his response, his mother did not put that much thought into it. And, with his choice of profession, she believed the power of forethought had been eradicated from the family like. “We both know it is not creativity that pays the bills, darling.” People were creatures of habit. Really no different from flocks of Mareep or Durant Hills—except everyone thought they were independent. “But true battle prowess takes outside-the-box thinking.” Otherwise, it would be nothing but Neanderthals beating one another with clubs.

Tch. Her figurative mask broke as she tossed the shoe into the cavern’s corner. With a grunt, she rolled onto her back. The tottering grass type drew a chuckle from beneath the mask. The modulator distorted the sound into something guttural. “You all right, love? You look aggravated.” Kelpie queried with faux concern. Her hands rubbed across her armor’s trousers, leaving drips of glue behind.

Amusement vanished when fire blossomed across the cavern. The heat singed the tips of her hair, forcing her to sink to her stomach against the rocks. Her lips twisted angrily. “Put the fire out.” The woman ducked as the fire threatened to singe her face.Now.”

The Dewgong shuddered the muscles in its tail bunching. But it knew better than to disobey. Being troublesome only got you to the top of the dissection list. So, she charged right into the fire with an Aqua Jet—using her Thick Fat to mitigate the damage. With a second burst of water, the ice type aimed to use a Headbutt to rocket the trainer and pepper mon into a giant, messy ball.

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post

[/quote][/div][newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 18:03:19 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

She really seemed to have a complex about her name, huh? “I guess so. But its no skin off my back.” He wasn’t about to get all that worked up about it. His own name was…unique to say the least. He wasn’t sure where it came from, or what the thought was behind it. But it had never truly bothered him. He just was. Maybe Miss Kelpie here could stand to relax a little.[break][break]

Too bad a battle was a battle. “ Yannow–I don’t disagree with that!” Lam had learned full well that there was little monetary gain to an artist’s profession. It had never really been about the profit, though–didn’t that defeat the purpose? But battling had its own sort of flair and brought its own sort of success.[break][break]

“Me? Nah I’m fine.” Lam flapped his hand dismissively, nonchalant about her saccharine sincerity. He wasn’t sure why she thought he was mad. He was just, perhaps, competitive. If it kept her from interfering with any more league goals, that was great. But true to his weakness, Lam simply wanted to win. He worked double time to free his pokemon, and eventually their stuck heads came loose with a suction-y pop![break][break]

Oh, nope. Not so fast. “Keep things warm!” he instructed the scovillan as the dewgong cut through the flame with a dousing jet of water. Habanero pulsed with heat, as a SUNNY DAY rippled through the cave and pulled every light source to intensify the swelter of heat.[break][break]

The heat in the air kicked off the pepper creature’s CHLOROPHYLL, giving him a boost of speed as the dewgong surged forward. He twisted away, darting out of range of the attack. Unfortunately, that left Lam exposed. Sent flying by the impact, he rolled across the ground with gritted teeth. With a grunt, he pushed himself back up to his knees– “Keep at it, Haba!” The scovillan doubled back around, charging the dewgong with a ZEN HEADBUTT – both pepper heads tilted down for impact.

[break][break]

clash [2/2][break]
+ thread participation (50mp) + ic post x4 (40mp) + use of scatterbang (10mp) = 100mp

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 2:55:33 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

Her lips tightened slightly. Though the visor rendered that annoyance invisible. “Well, isn’t that lovely.” Calpurnia cooed at Lam. Even the distortion struggled to shed the bite from her words. “If only the rest of the world was so self-assured.” While she now adored her own name—partially because she’d seen it emblazoned on some of the globe's best scientific journals—it did cause a complex.

In a different space, she might have enjoyed Lam’s company. He seemed to be relatively easygoing. And she had to admit that poof of hair framed his face beautifully. “An artist who thinks with his head as well as his heart, what a rarity,” Not that Kelpie herself did not see the appeal of art. Her own bedroom was covered in custom paintings and every outfit came courtesy of a well-paid designer. “I suppose I should have tried bribing you first.”

When the two heads popped apart, Calpurnia sighed. Standing barefoot in the cave, it was hard to focus on the battle. Instead, all of her brain was fixated on the feel of sharp stones beneath her feet. In the corner, hit by a flamethrower, her shoes crackled themselves to ashes. “You owe me a new pair of shoes.” Maybe she’d make them using the skin off his back. No doubt psychopaths did that for a reason. 

The attack mostly evaporated. The Dewgong’s chocolate eyes narrowed as it let out a challenging cry. As it turned about to face the opponent, it took the Zen Headbutt in the side. ”Gong!” It crashed to the dirt with a cry its body scraped by the rough soil.

“Raidne, love, don’t let him push you around like that.” Momentum carried the ice-type into the opposite wall.

The instant the Dewgong came to a stop, it pivoted. From its mouth, a powerful Ice Beam emerged.

NOTES
  • +10 MP for post

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 22:58:30 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

He grinned, that self-assurance shining through again. “I know, right? Best of both worlds.” He wouldn't be distracted by the playful banter, however. He still had a task to accomplish. A snort of laughter slipped free. “Bribing doesn’t really work well on me.” He’d never been the most materially minded. That was probably why a lack of financial gain didn’t set him back much.[break][break W

Lam pushed himself back to his feet, dusting off the loose dirt on his clothes, though it felt a bit pointless by that part in the day. He probably looked as ragged as he felt. There was probably a shiner blooming where had popped him in the face earlier. As the masked rocket complained, he shrugged again. “Better your shoes than broken bones.”[break][break]

It was funny though— buy her new shoes? With what money, exactly?[break][break]

Easily distracted by the fight at hand, Lam pumped a fist in the air as the ZEN HEADBUTT knocked the dewgong back. “Keep it up, Haba!”[break][break]

The ICE BEAM was just a bit too close range for Habanero to dodge in time, though. He bellowed as the impact pushed him backward, the green pepper head shivering more than the other. Frost coated its skin, even though the blaze from the SUNNY DAY soon had the Pokémon moving back up to speed again.[break][break]

“Pull in close again!” A risky move, but with the dewgong backed against a wall, it had even less room to run. With a burst of slowly recovered speed, the scovillan rushed in again, that time one of his two heads stretching on a thin, vine-y neck as it conjured a LEAF STORM aimed at the dewgong’s flank.

[break][break]

clash [2/2][break]
+ thread participation (50mp) + ic post x5 (40mp) + use of scatterbang (10mp) + complete a mission (100mp) + win a mission (200mp) = 410mp // no mp accrued past this post

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
314 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 1:36:28 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]

Calpurnia recalled days spent in front of the family’s thrift shop mirror. She spent ample time scrutinizing herself in it. The forehead that was a little too high and the pointed chin needed sanding. But she saw perfection. The same self-assurance was apparent in the Purrloin just two steps behind her. “Well, it IS hard to love someone who does not love themself, hm?” She chuckled. “Though, as my son and his magazines show, there is beauty in moderation.”

Still, though she feigns civility, Lam’s easygoing manner is making her inner tigress hiss. Mocking her—even offhandedly—rarely ended well for the perpetrators. With bribery seemingly out, Kelpie sighed. “Almost everyone has a price, love.” And, she had a fair amount of it. “You just let your pesky morals get in the way.” Which was silly. She had been relaxing not planning the apocalypse. Honestly, didn’t this silly boy have someone more annoying to harass? She was here to build the future, not unleash anarchy.

For all of her battles this day, Calpurnia’s suit and mask seemed relatively unscathed. That was not because it’d been an easy morning, however. No, she’d just shoved some peon out of the camp’s shower. A quick swap left her looking somewhat composed. Which, while a waste of time to others, seemed like a wise use of time to Kelpie. People judge with their eyes. That is up for debate.” She seethed. “I have such a hard time finding cute shoes these days. All those silly shipping restrictions!”

Aqua jets allowed the trapped seal to evade a lot of the leaves, its whipping tail took the brunt of the blow. Ice froze many of the leaves, the excess weight slowing them down. “Cool off those hotheads, love.” The Dewgong stopped its erratic evasion. Her eyes flared blue as she aimed a Sheer Cold at her opponent. “GOOOOOOOOOONG!” First, the leaves froze, dropping to the ground with the sound of a hundred wind chimes.

As the temperature plummets, Kelpie made to pull her suit’s scarf around herself. It made her wish she’d added a little jacket

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights