october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
Common Ground [c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 6:08:25 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]YOU WERE GONE TOO SOON

[attr="class","setting"]

He awoke with a gasp his remains of the nightmare lingering in the back of his mind. Looking at the clock he noticed it was still pretty early but knew from experience that he wouldn’t be going back to sleep. Letting out a sigh he made his way to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Unsurprisingly when he returned from getting ready his Pokémon were up and making noises of concern. ”Aurora, Selene, I’m fine,” he murmured to his espeon and umbreon pausing to stroke the top of their heads.
[break][break]
He could tell from the noises they made that they didn’t believe him so he gave them awhile. ”I’ll be fine I’ll take a walk to get my mind off of things. And perhaps I’ll even get some training done,” he said standing from where he had been kneeling to pet his two companions. As he moved over to the counter his Pokémon followed him but he was used to it so he remained focused on the task at hand.
[break][break]
While he waited he attached his swords sheath to his hip and attached the pouch with his throwing knives to his other hip. Perhaps he would also get some target practice in though he wouldn’t be to broken up if he didn’t. He would be fine as long as he went through some sword drills.
[break][break]
Soon enough the coffee was ready and he put it in a thermos before heading out with his two companions in tow. As usual they were well behaved and followed at his heels as he walked. Living in Mauville he thought a change of scenery would help so he decided to make his way to Fortree or at least one of the routes around Fortree since he didn’t want to risk anyone getting hurt if they accidentally stumbled across him.
[break][break]
By the time he got to his destination he had already finished his coffee and put the thermos to the side while he warmed up. Once he had done so he started going through sword drills. Thrust! Side cut! Backhand side! Overhand! Backhanded side cut! He would go through the sequence before switching it around from time. And despite practicing he made sure to keep an eye on his surroundings not wanting to injure a wild Pokémon that happened to come by or a person. [break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this works

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Common Ground [c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 14:37:48 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn looked out into the woods from his balcony, his eyebrows raised. He could hear the sound of swords slashing in the trees. There wasn't any forest training scheduled for today. Which one of his students was so hardworking?

He put his mug down, pulled on a tank top and ruffled his green hair into place.

A good stride to the side of the clearing where Mikael was running through his drills, Finn popped out from a Teleport wormhole courtesy of his Kirlia, Beidou. His swords were slung easily across his broad back. He glanced over to Mikael and looked on in surprise. Someone new to Flying Sword! He admired the man's sword work. It was Western-styled and traded dexterity for strength. Beidou's horns twitched as they always did when picking up on the emotions of a new person. Finn could feel psychic warmth ebbing softly from Beidou. A good sign - this person could be trusted.

An idea for random mischief popped up in Finn's head. This man looked and fought foreign. How much about Flying Sword did he know?

"What're you preparing for?" Finn announced his presence. He strode over and took a seat on a large tree root; Beidou stood close by his side. "Prepping to try out at the sword school?"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
Common Ground [c]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 1:19:03 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

He was about to go through another set of drills when he noticed his Pokémon raise their heads causing him to lower his sword so the tip rested on the ground. The young man was about to ask his Pokémon what was wrong when he heard someone speak from behind him. Mentally reprimanding himself for not being aware he turned towards the person.
[break][break]
The other person was a man around his own age with green hair. He quickly took in the swords he had on him before taking in other things about him. Since his Pokémon hadn’t reacted negatively he didn’t think of this guy as a threat. So that was good.
[break][break]
”I am just making sure to keep my skills sharp,” he explained sheathing his blade, before the part about the school registered in his mind. ”I’m afraid that I was unaware of a sword school here,” he told the other male giving him an apologetic smile.
[break][break]
While talking his Pokémon had come over and settled by his heels probably figuring he was done with his training for the time being. ”I’ve alway been curious about different styles though, I noticed that my style is pretty different from other people I met on my travels, it’s hard to stray from what you know though,” he explained absently stroking his Pokémon.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + I looked up sword drills on the internet until I remembered I had the rangers apprentice series

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Common Ground [c]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 6:17:41 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Unaware of the school? Finn found that hard to believe. A swordsman practising on the fringe of the local hub for swordsmanship not knowing of its existence? Either a lie or the world's biggest coincidence. Finn moved his lips like he was chewing on an imaginary strand of straw, mulling over Mikael's claim. He rested his arms on his knees.

Finn looked down at his Kirlia for a hint. Was this man trouble? With the tensions rising in the region, he couldn't be too sure. Beidou glanced up at him, his eyes like dewdrops on a rose. Finn nodded and placed a reassured hand on Beidou's back. It was good to know this stranger was safe.

"Different styles?" Finn quipped. Now, his interest was piqued. He sprang off his seat on the tree root and drew his two swords proudly. He'd been watching Mikael for a short while, and he was also interested in how the two of them fought so differently. Mikael's single sword was broader, heavier, stronger. Finn, in contrast, was like a flying dart.

Perhaps a demonstration. Clearing his breath, Finn imagined a clear line of light down his centre. Then, he spun into action. Moving deftly, like the gleam of light on a Scyther's blade, he slashed forward and cut down just a single branch of a tree next to him. The rest of the plant's frame barely even breathed.

Simplicity and precision. That was how Finn fought.

"That's how the school does it. I like how you fight, though - so much force and fire." Finn stuck his swords into the soft ground and strode over to Mikael with his hand stretched out.

"Finnegan. Nice to meet you, traveller."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
Common Ground [c]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 18:43:39 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Post Seeing the others disbelief since it wasn’t like he was trying to hide it he decided to explain. ”I’m an officer and perhaps spends a little to much time on my duties. I haven’t had much leisure time, so I’m not always aware of what places have to offer,” he explained with a what can you do gesture. Growing up the way he did being all work and no play was inbred in him.
[break][break]
”I woke up earlier than intended though so I decided to go somewhere to train instead of my usual place,” he commented keeping his attention focused on him even as he continued to stroke his Pokémon. His two Pokémon companions were content just to stay by their owner as he talked to the older sword master.
[break][break]
The conversation soon moved to the fact he didn’t come from Hoenn and he spoke of his travels. As the older male got up he watched him curiously and watched as he drew to swords. The concept of using two blades was new to him and he wondered if the green haired man was going to ask him for a sparring match.
[break][break]
Before he could think too much on it the older man turned his blades against a tree. He watched as the older male with quick precision cut the branch off one of the trees without really disturbing the vegetation around the tree. His speed wasn’t bad when it came to using a blade but that was something else.
[break][break]
”Thanks I wouldn’t mind having your speed when it comes to sword fighting. I’m more nimble when it comes to hand to hand though,” he explained debating rather or not to show off his other skills before coming to a decision. Well he had been thinking of doing so target practice.
[break][break]
He hoped the older male wouldn’t think he was showing off though. ”I don’t just know the art of a sword or hand to hand though,” he commented pulling out one of his throwing knives. Spying a tree with a broken branch about to come off he decided to aim for that branch.
[break][break]
With a simple flick of his wrist he gave the knife a bit of a spin as it impaled the part of the branch that was about to come off causing the branch to finish breaking off but leaving the knife impaled in the knot where the branch had once been. ”Not really adept in any other weapon though,” he said as he grabbed the knife putting it back with the others.
[break][break]
”Pleasure to meet you Finnegan, my name’s Mikael. And these are my companions Aurora and Selene,” he commented gesturing first to his espeon than to his umbreon when he introduced them.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
Common Ground [c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 15:13:27 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Mikael's throwing knife found its target clean and quick. Finn was impressed - he was good! Witnessing his prowess was like beholding a song in another tongue. Every note sounded unusual, yet they stitched together with a logic exotic but forceful, and formed chords that arced into a moving song.

Finn whistled in affirmation.

"Nice to meet you - Mikael, Aurora, Selene. This is Beidou, my fellow fighter." Beidou, named after the Big Dipper, wore a star of his own on his neck - a fragment of a Dawn Stone threaded on a gold string. It caught a stray sunray and glittered.

Finn still found it surprising that Mikael was this close to Flying Sword but didn't know of its existence. His green eyes flickered with an idea; his matching green hair twitched too.

"What say you come back with me to have a look at Flying Sword? The students could learn something from you."

Finn gestured to Beidou. With his Teleport, they could be there in a second.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
Common Ground [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 1:17:32 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg2"]

[attr="class","setting"]

He could tell the older male was impressed with his knife throwing skills. If he was being honest with himself it was a bit embarrassing. The young man had always been the modest sort. Never really bragging about his skills, only ever mentioning that he could do them. And the fact he seemed a bit embarrassed about Finnegan’s reaction spoke of that.
[break][break]
After he had returned the knife to its place with the others and they had gotten introductions out of the way he considered what they could do next. He didn’t have anything else to show. Not unless he wanted to try a spar. But considering he wasn’t to familiar with his fighting style that probably wouldn’t be the best idea. At least not until he was more familiar with his fighting style.
[break][break]
Before he could think too much on it the older male made a suggestion that caught his interest. He had to admit checking out a school that taught the art of a sword was intriguing. And passing on what he had learn in his training to be a knight wasn’t such a bad idea either.
[break][break]
”I would be honored too,” he said making his way over to the green haired man and his Kirlia. He figured that the dual type would use teleport to get them to the flying sword school.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg2 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights