6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 6:40:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
meeting up with a childhood friend got them setting up a visit to their origins. the talks they had back then sprung up a reconnection neither of them planned, and kyle supposed they're back to being brothers again.

he slumps on a bench of one of the nearby parks from the orphanage they came from, fiddling on his phone as he waits for an iconic sound of a motorbike or the cries of a cyclizar. his mightyena curls around his feet, asleep, to make sure he wasn't lonely.

unsurprisingly, the field was empty. it was a weekday after all, where responsible people who act like adults are stuck doing their jobs instead of hanging out at recreational areas such as parks.

perhaps it's a good thing though, since steam-like clouds start to seep through the ground unbeknown to the champion and his pokemon.

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 10:37:18 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Jett hadn’t expected such a reconnection, to find himself chasing his own childhood in a sense. He rode on the back of his Cyclizar, Bubby. His mind was still stuck on that war, that battle within the caves of Dewford, and that realm far beyond it. He didn’t know what would come of it, but now he knew that going there was a mistake.
[break][break]
His expression was dour, blood was on his hands, and he knew that all the things he had said to Kyle were just pretty words, he wasn’t a better person at all. But all of that disappeared, he buried it, pushed it down.
[break][break]
And pulled up. ”You look comfortable.” He said with a smirk as he looked to Kyle, it didn’t truly reach his eyes but his sunglasses covered for it.
[break][break]
”Wait, what is that?”
[break][break]
The steam that rose up, just as he had arrived, Jett hadn’t noticed it before. But what was going on here?

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

+Time Distortion

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 11:10:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, i'm looking for your name on this game. have you played rondez-view of luv?"

it's a popular dating simulation game that had dubious origins that it built up its fame for. eerie and almost supernatural, kyle has learned to just take it as one of hoenn's natural phenomena that got the region on the spotlight.

jett points at something before kyle can even show his phone. mist springs out from the ground, and with its density and color, kyle can tell it's not just a busted gas pipe or anything similar.

"shit, it's one of those dream mist stuff." he hurries up from his seat and starts stomping on the ground, like his efforts would cover it up. "you know that interdream zone thing people kept talking about that day? looks like we're getting a part two."

he gives up at this point, standing on the part of the ground it started gushing out from.

"ooh, i hope it manifests your dreams instead of mine," he tells jett. apathy over the situation had already taken over him. "you'd probably would have read whatever happens in mine on the news or something anyways."

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 20:07:54 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”I sure as hell hope not.”
[break][break]
But the Universe had a way of utterly screwing a man over, the intense sun that hung overhead and scorched the earth beneath, the palm trees, the lovely atmosphere, the sea breeze, this was without a doubt Alola, the place he had spent some time during his criminal era. He avoided looking at it, but a stark reminder brought a difficult expression onto his face.
[break][break]
He began to walk, looking over to his Cyclizar, Kyle, and Kyle’s Mightyena, he decided to distract himself for a moment.
[break][break]
”What was that about this Rondez-Vouz of love? Why’s the great, amazing, Top Champion playing such a game?” He managed to force out a smirk, but that was all it was. Forced.

NOTES

+Time Distortion

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 19:23:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
beaches all remind kyle of hoenn. he would say they were either on slateport or lilycove, but he barely recognizes these beaches.

he was about to question it when jett approaches him.

"it's a dating sim. instead of fictional characters, you get to date real people, except they're still simulations. pretty fun, but nothing you should take seriously."

he shrugs.

people say the game was invasion of privacy and there had been no permission for the publisher to use their image and likeness in the game. kyle has mostly drowned the noise with the enjoyment of the game, pushing its existence to hoenn's multitude of weird occurrences.

as he spots the smirk, kyle realizes something and snaps out from being distracted.

"hey! you can't just talk me into ignoring everything." he looks around, trying to see if he can spot more things of interest. "this isn't hoenn. why do you have dreams about beaches?"

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 3:01:11 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Were you in it?” Jett tried to joke past it, and avoid talking about the elephant in the room, just what the hell this place coulda been, what it shoulda been.
[break][break]
”It’s Alola, spent a couple years here during my criminal stint, I ain’t tryna hide nothing, but this is as bad as I got, so get ready. If I show up, I ain’t gonna play fair.” Jett couldn’t try to hide that fact, it was a beach raid.
[break][break]
His bloodiest day perhaps, ruthless even, he couldn’t hide the things he had done here, not from Kyle.
[break][break]
”It gets messy, disgusting, but I know you ain’t got a weak stomach.” And that was the moment that the clouds started to come in, and Jett began to clench his eyes tightly as if warding away what was to come.
[break][break]
Instead.
[break][break]
”You ever been to Alola? The cruelty in this region is as dark as any.”

NOTES

+Time Distortion

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 2:49:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he gives an absent nod to answer jett's initial question. he was there, alright, but he didn't have the curiosity to play his own route over others. maybe next time.

besides, he wasn't interested in the game as much as his long lost brother's history.

"ah, second hoenn. of course." admittedly, it has better beaches, but hoenn felt more homey with how little exposure it has compared to other regions. until recently at least. "can't say i've been there. all the people i've met that came from there are kinda wild though, if that says something."

those that migrated from that region to hoenn were wildly adventurous and wanting to be involved, whether they admit it or not. his sample size was limited though, so he can't say for sure.

jett was right about him though. whether it was indifference or if he just got used to it over the years, violence and gore rarely disturbed him. maybe that's how he managed to stay in this profession for so long.

"so there's no escape, huh? reminds me of the slaughter back when rocket first invaded. was this before or after?"

oddly calm about the situation, kyle waits for the scene to unfold, preparing to watch it in full discretion.

close tab

played by

Mr.Joker

J, J.Ro
He/Him
November 13
Mavuille
Bisexual
Layabout/Biker
Civilian
14 height
14 height
awards
201 posts
Jett Roan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jett
Jett Roan
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 4:11:16 GMT
Jett Roan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

He let out a scoff as he heard that title, that word, second hoenn; it was accurate but also couldn’t be further from the truth. ”They’re not dealing with region defining events every weekend at least.” The rain began, it was a simple squall, a natural weather phenomenon.
[break][break]
”Around the same time, maybe a little before.” He said as he cracked his neck, getting ready; it was something that’d be difficult to stop. But he had to at least stop himself, but there was no warning as a wave of water washed in; destroying homes at the very edge of the town; a water spout to those more experienced, but just as soon as the cannon that was at the water’s edge showed itself, it disappeared, a puff of light.
[break][break]
It was a dream, teleport wouldn’t work the same way, and so Jett had gotten to walking, stepping forward to where it was.
[break][break]
”We can still get hurt here, so follow me.” Yet, he turned away from the buildings his own pokemon had destroyed.

NOTES

+Cargo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
supers recon [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 17:39:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ooh, adventure."

kyle follows without second thought, leaving behind the scene. if it was deemed dangerous, then it was dangerous. kyle wasn't the type to needlessly tempt fate in any accord.

he looks around, trying to take in the scenery, and if any familiar pokemon he had seen jett use from back then was present. knowing little of the land, it was the closest thing he can take for immersion.

"so, what happens next?" he asks. "natural disasters? gang wars? straight up murder?"

there's no judgement in his voice, but was instead filled with curiosity. this story was relevant enough to be plucked out by the interdream zone from jett's memories, so it's bound to be interesting.

his mightyena follows along, head facing straight as it trots along the sands of alola's beaches.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights