rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 0:09:03 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

zero to one hundred with

[attr="class","frannmain"]

had just led her out into ever grande city, to a safe spot, to a safe place. she has bruises from her encounter with and she's still frightened by the power shown to her by and . worse is the fear that creeps into the back of her mind surrounding , the vision of him she saw and being apart of it.[break][break]

what did that signify? what does it mean?[break][break]

instead of sitting still, she began to climb. from the ruin like cityscape up and around the crater like mass. she sits atop one of the peaks, feet dangling. the height doesn't bother her. she's always loved the feeling of being on top of the world.[break][break]

but even in this height, she feels numb. she feels a pulling, a longing, a curiosity. louie's ball is in her hand, twisting and turning within. she frowns, eyes watering.[break][break]

collapsing the ball into her hand, she puts it in her pocket and takes out her phone. it's been a few hours since she last spoke with anybody. she told the staff she needed to clear her head and that was that. luckily, she'd snagged remi's number as they left for their mission.[break][break]

everything seems to have a momentary calm, finally.[break]
Hey, it's Francie! Seems like we got separated somehow.
[break][break]

the text is sent quickly, lack of emojis a show enough that she's not feeling her best. she doesn't expect it to turn into anything more than a text conversation; but little does she know that it'll end up a rendezvous with the prince.

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 23:56:09 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
The League had failed in their endeavor. Or, at least, it was beginning to look that way. Exhausted from the multiple trips into the Ultra Sea that he'd taken, and frustrated that it might have gone far more smoothly had his SYGNA SUIT been ready, Remiel heads back to HQ to patch up his wounds and rest.

Heavy thoughts swirl around ceaselessly in his mind, however. His run-in with has given him a lot to think about. Furthermore, he cannot shake the feeling that the worst has yet to pass. Suddenly, the idea of 'rest' is laughable.

Just as he mounts his DRAGAPULT to head back into Ultra Sea, however, his phone pings. He loosens the reins and reaches past his poncho to pull out his phone and regard the message. Though he doesn't notice it, the hint of a smile tugs at the corner of his lips before he quickly types a response.

Yeah, sorry about that. and I ran into some trouble. How are you holding up?

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 12:44:46 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

how is she holding up? laughably.[break][break]

to be more accurate, she's not sure she'd word it that she's holding up at all. but the fact that he asks makes her feel a bit of relief. he must be alright... right?[break]

I'm holding up okay!
[break][break]

still no emojis. she knows it now, looking at the texts. maybe she should be honest. maybe she should meet up with him. maybe ... she just doesn't want to be alone anymore, and the idea of going to just makes her want to cry. because she hallucinated him. because at some point maybe he became more to her than just a friend and she's not sure how to handle that. he can't possibly be interested, right?[break][break]

and what if he's lying to her? about who he is?[break]

If you met up with , then you're in Ever Grande right? Me too!
[break][break]

she goes to type out, 'we should meet up' but stops two words short. she's not the type to invite herself. she's the type to wait and get invited someplace instead of inviting herself.

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 9:04:02 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
He figured as much, but reading her text is a relief nonetheless. Remiel hadn't precisely emerged from this conflict unscathed himself. He'd also lost a few Pokémon and, for once, the royal didn't feel immune to the emotional weight of such losses. It was a strange and unpleasant feeling for him, to say the least. One that prompted him to yearn for the positivity and care Francie had shown him a glimpse of.

We should meet up.

The prince types and sends the suggestion off surprisingly quickly. Afterward, however, he's almost embarrassed for having done so. His Dragapult croaks in the meantime, shifting its gaze to him while it wonders what the hold-up is. Remiel ignores it as he taps away at his phone once more.

I don't think I patched up your injury right. I'd like a chance to redo it.

... Was that too much? Was it too obvious that he was covering up for his eagerness to meet again? He'd been standing alone for so long now that the chance to lean on someone else for once had him stumbling over his words and actions.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 15:46:01 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

seeing his response has francie smiling. because that's what she'd wanted, even if she didn't directly ask for it. and somehow managed to figure that out. she's happy for it, and she stands up to send out her aerodactyl, tilly, who lands upon the surface before her with ease and positions herself so francie can climb upon her easily.[break][break]

the second text, however, surprises her. she doesn't care, mind. she's just happy that she doesn't have to be alone. and that she doesn't have to go and seek the counsel of the one person she's currently working through her feelings for.[break]

Okay! Sounds good. I'll head to the PC and meet you there.
[break][break]

the pokémon center wouldn't be far, so she doesn't mind giving tilly a kiss and laying on tilly's back for support and giving her a loving pat.[break][break]

"let's head to the center, tills."[break][break]

after an affection trill in her throat, the aerodactyl takes off. she heads straight for where her trainer asked her to go. not a very far flight from where they had been.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 8:23:12 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Though he can't be too certain she didn't pick up on his eagerness, Remiel is nonetheless relieved to put it behind him. He takes a moment to type his last reply before stuffing his phone away in his pocket and taking the reins with both hands. His Dragapult croaks again, sending a shiver down its ghostly body as it prepares to take flight once more.

On my way.

✦ ✦ ✦

The Pokémon Center in question acts as a meeting hub for various League trainers who had partaken in the mission for the Seal Stones. Frankly, Remiel cannot imagine it has ever been as busy as it is now. Nevertheless, the royal manages to find the cute blonde in one of its many lounges and raises a hand in greeting as he approaches and smiles. "Hey."

Meanwhile, a SHINY APPLIN rolls to a stop just behind his leg. HERSCHEL seems curious about the new woman, though is uncharacteristically shy in this instance. Its trainer notices this and gestures for it to move forward.

"Go on, Herschel. Say hello."

Herschel, however, retreats into his green apple.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 11:36:01 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Oh good, distractions are just what she needs. Because she'd gotten to the center way before he had and her brain had started to reel. She'd been watching people heal up with their pokémon, relieved they hadn't...[break][break]

But then Remiel entered the center and all was well. All it took was his smile and greeting to have her usual cheery exterior back. She's thankful; she feels more herself in the façade these days.[break][break]

"Hello—ohp." She takes notice of the sour green applin and beams, crouching down with her knees practically to her chest, folding to be more on his level as he shies away.[break][break]

"Hi there Herschel. You don't know me yet, but my name's Francie."[break][break]

There are little indicators that she's not as fine as she seems in how she speaks. She's not nearly as goofy as she usually is and instead of 'm'name's' it's 'my name.' But perhaps he doesn't know her well enough to notice, perhaps he does.[break][break]

Finally, she stands, looking to Remiel with unknowingly tired and slightly puffy eyes.[break][break]

"Are you awaiting orders too?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 7:14:09 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
It isn't the manner in which she speaks that draws Remiel's concern. Admittedly, he doesn't know her that well to recognize the minute deviations. The state of her eyes, which once shone as bright as twin suns, jumps out at him first. The speed with which Herschel abandons timidity in favor of consolation grants him a bonus hint in addition.

Pokémon, after all, seemed to be able to pick up on the emotions of human beings better than human beings could. was certainly no exception to the fact. The green Applin, however, served as a shining example as it rolls forward to greet her and affectionately rub itself against her leg like a cat. Certainly not just to polish itself off, either.

"Mm," Remiel shakes his head. "I haven't had any come through on my end. I think this whole ordeal might be coming to a conclusion soon." He adds with a sigh, unsure that it would end in the League's favor this time.

Realizing saying such things likely wouldn't help lighten the mood, however, the royal instead offers her a smile and an outstretched hand. "No need to talk about all that while we're here resting though, right? Let's go sit down somewhere so I can inspect your bandages."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 12:43:39 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

the sour green applin rats her out, but she doesn't mind. instead, she soaks in what she wants the most by picking up the applin and giving him a snuggle. not enough to make applin sauce, but enough to surely show she really needed the hug.[break][break]

usually when she's feeling down, she finds a friend to hug and cry on. it's gross, and intimate, but that's all she ever really wants. somebody to give her a welcome home hug and not mind that she can, in her most raw state, be incredibly clingy and want to show physical affection much like a lap-dog.[break][break]

but right now, she can't bring herself to do it. she can't bring herself to call and ask how he is. in a way, she wants to give him a pretend alibi in her head and tell herself that the mist and hallucinations mean nothing and she's just being dramatic.[break][break]

so she instead takes remiel's hand and stands, making her way toward wherever he leads. once she sits, she places herschel in her lap. she offers him a tender smile, a little warmth in there. like a cloudy day's sun.[break][break]

"i think you wrapped the bandages fine. they don't bother me, and it feels like it's healing fine."[break][break]

not that she's had them checked by a medical professional or anything.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 9:35:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Herschel delights in the attention he's given. It's almost as if the Applin has been waiting his whole life to sit there on Frankie's lap. Remiel, on the other hand, sighs and smiles in return.

"Are you sure? Here I was hoping to feel useful again after this entire debacle." He remarks, holding out his hand for her bandaged one so that he may at least take a glance at it with his eyes. "I suppose if something 'ain't broke don't fix it' applies. Is that how you Hoennians say it?" The royal inquires.

He's joking, of course. Though a poor joke can serve as a lighthearted probe to diagnose if something is wrong.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 12:03:55 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

truthfully, he's insistent and she's a pushover. so she lifts her arm and smiles his way, allowing him to work as he sees fit. a protective hand is near the applin, to make sure he doesn't topple off of her lap or anything.[break][break]

"i've heard it said a time or two, yeah. my dad used to say it a lot growing up because i'd always fuss over things that weren't broken yet but looked like they might."[break][break]

great, now she's rambling about family. but she can't stop. there's a swelling inside of her chest that threatens to take over. it's the ache and pain of loss and the worry that she might be losing her mind. even if ever so slowly. much like ...[break][break]

"my mom used to tell me it was careful planning."[break][break]

the tone used is one of longing, like her mother's passed; but she hasn't. it's complicated and she doesn't quite know how to talk about it out loud. since she never has, not to anybody. not , not . not even to herself, really.[break][break]

"but um," she changes her tone; plasters on her social sunshine smile and looks to him again. "yeah, i mean, you used the phrase right."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 6:08:41 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
He smiles a little brighter when she offers him her hand anyway. She certainly didn't have to. At a glance, he could tell the cuts she'd sustained weren't all that serious. Nevertheless, given his list of failures today, he would take anything that would help him feel useful again. But, more than that, there was something oddly comforting about tending to himself. Perhaps something familiar.

Noting the tone of her demeanor at the mention of her parents, Remiel pauses to look up at her after he's begun to carefully unwrap the gauze bandages around her palm. Talking about his own parents didn't come so easy either. So her otherwise smooth deflection doesn't exactly fly under his radar.

"Your parents sound like levelheaded people," He remarks, gently holding her hand in his while the other returns to its little task. "What do they do for a living?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 14:53:14 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

”My mom used to be a breeder. But she retired when she met my father, who is a boxer turned detective.”[break][break]

It sounded so goofy. Because really, normal people. They were supposed to be, anyway. But it became so muddles and gross after everything. After his mother became paranoid. That paranoia triggered several things. Francie even grew a little paranoid herself.[break][break]

But then her dad went nuts with trying to find . Then he died and ever since, her father just kinda, drifted away.[break][break]

”I remember them being very levelheaded when I was little,” her eyes fall to the cuts on her arm. She’s had worse, but cuts still make her a little queasy. He’s used to bloodied noses, scratches on her knuckles, and bruises all over from her giants she tames.[break][break]

Slices are new. Blood reminds her she’s human. That she’s weak. Feeble. Had to be saved.[break][break]

Again.[break][break]

”We had a sort of family crisis a few years back and nobody recovered very well from it. Like, as it happened we all picked up and left Hoenn, to find protection where we could from the League. But it led us in a lot of different directions as a family. My eldest sibling went to Sinnoh to study and get into mining work. My younger sibling just left, started the journey of a trainer.”[break][break]

It was like a floodgate had been opened and she only realized it as she looked up and into his eyes.[break][break]

”…I’m sorry,” her smile is weak and it’s nothing like the bright and confident sunshine smile she’s usually dishing out. ”I’m rambling.”

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 10:31:58 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel listens with great interest as he carefully gets to work, pausing every now and again to look up and assure Francie that she had his utmost attention. And it was no farce, either. The lives and histories of 'normal' folk had always fascinated him. And, this was, of course, due to the conditions of his own royal upbringing.

There was something about such lives that Remiel found charming and noble. Setting out to independently carve out your own future, without handouts or predetermined destinies... it was the reason he'd moved to HOENN.

With one hand, the prince reaches into his pack and unzips it before producing a small tube of antibiotic ointment. He squeezes a small dollop of it onto Francie's cuts before stuffing it away again. Then, with a single finger, he gently lathers it upon said cuts, careful to stop if she suddenly winces.

"Mm. Maybe I like your 'rambling'." He suggests, meeting her eyes once more and matching her smile with one of his own. "Do you miss them? Your family, I mean. I can understand leaving to find one's self, but it sounds like you all used to be very close."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 18:55:48 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

somebody enjoying her ramblings caught francie off guard. she looks up to remiel, and his smile causes her nerves to scatter. because with his smile rose her own confidence. somehow, in some way, along her journey, she had picked up the nasty habit of relying on other people for her own confidence.[break][break]

never before had a single smile so effortlessly let francie know that she was happily being heard. that somebody wanted to hear, to listen. and not just so they could talk. no, remiel seemed interested in her life.[break][break]

when was the last time somebody had asked about life? really asked? not just filled the empty space, but desired to know?[break][break]

maybe he was broken, but maybe so was she. perhaps he just wanted to be her friend. she sure did wanna be his friend. the possibility had francie's stomach bubbling and all thoughts of if her cuts hurt or not was so far from her she didn't even realize that's what remiel was doing until she tried to move her hand to talk and could, flinching.[break][break]

"oh, uh, sorry." she begins with an apology, then moves her other hand, forgetting why she had move them to begin with and tucking some hair behind her ear awkwardly. "i do miss them. we call a lot, video and regular. we text pretty regularly and even have group chats. it's not the same... i do sometimes go and see them for holidays though."[break][break]

and then the weight of why he was potentially asking caused francie's expression to grow a bit solmen. pity showed in the softness of her eyes, but not in a way that belittled remiel or his potential reasons. instead, it was a look of understanding.[break][break]

"...what about your family, rem?"[break][break]

how do you even ask... are they even alive?[break][break]

"do you miss them, being so far away?" can you even go and see them, being the leagues prisoner?