awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 1:27:15 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
"It's no problem. I'm almost done." The prince assures her, gently taking her hand back to finish applying the ointment before carefully wrapping fresh gauze around it as she answered. The response she makes is one that he might have predicted for someone who seemed as caring and thoughtful as she. It must be nice to have such a strong family unit, he thought to himself. One untainted by royalty.

Her question elicits a somewhat self-deprecating chuckle afterward. "My family is larger than you think, and most of them pine over the throne my mother wishes to pass over me. So to answer your question: no, not really. There are very few of them that I enjoy seeing. And one of them is already in Hoenn."

He pauses there to reach into his pack for a band-aid to finish securing the gauze. With one hand on the gauze and the other clasping the band-aid between two fingers, however, Remiel realizes he's unable to peel the plastic off the back of it. And he wasn't about to use his teeth. So, instead, he holds it up to Francie. "Lend me a hand? The uninjured one, I mean." He cheekily adds in reference to earlier.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 20:31:32 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

”Course I can.” Francie eagerly helps, pulling the plaster apart with him and smiling fondly as she does so, thinking through the idea of family. It makes her a bit nervous, the wound of losing one of her pokémon still raw and pulling at her chest, making it tight.

”Have you ever lost a pokémon before? I mean, have they died under your care before?”

She’s careful when she asks, trying to be mindful of her emotions so she doesn’t become a blubbering mess.
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rendezvous, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 22:17:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Quietly thanking Francie for the help, Remiel proceeds to finish wrapping up her new bandages as he solemnly nods. "I have... a handful of times, actually. I used to think that it didn't affect me. That their lives mattered less than that of a human. But I was only ever fooling myself." Pausing to look up into her eyes afterward, the prince wonders if she thought less of him for it. But this wasn't about him, was it? He shrugs it off like a WATER-TYPE shrugging off the cold.

"It's easy to place the blame on ourselves since we're essentially their guardians. But we have to remember that most of them see themselves as our guardians as well. I can't say understanding that makes things much easier, but... honoring their memory is a much better alternative to giving up." He smiles, reaching up to carefully tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Don't you think so?"

POTION BREWING! 🧪

DRAUGHT OF DOWNPOURS

3 POSTS REFERENCING THE "WATER-TYPE" (1/3)

MADE BY MIZO