kepler brueshaber
what a time to be alive [rr]
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 22:44:29 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

Kepler’d been on the edge of his seat the whole night. He had about twenty different devices set up to comb the Rocket radio waves, waiting to hear news of what was going on. A mess of nervous energy, he didn’t even need his beloved caffeine to keep him awake.
[break][break]
He’d managed to pick up part of a broadcast by and got to the part about ‘heavy damage’ being sustained before he’d lost his mind. Sick with nerves and fear he spent the next few hours in an anxiety-filled loop between puking and sheer destructive impulses. They were going to have to buy new pillows. And maybe a new microwave.
[break][break]
It's seven hours, 32 minutes, and 16 seconds in when he gets the Message-- it's faded, and scratchy, and it comes in and out, but he does hear it.
[break][break]I... I'm okay. Promise.
[break][break]
And he's holding his fucking radio transceiver and sobbing.
[break][break]
I... I've seen enough of this hell for one day. I've done some things I can't take back. I've tried to get over last night, but it's hard to do it alone. It's so hard--
[break][break]
"I'm right here," he sobs, rocking back and forth, but he can't reply because the signal's not strong enough. "I'm right here, I'm right here--."
[break][break]
I'm so tired, Kep. I just want to sleep... but I can't come home yet.
[break][break]
"Why not?!" he wails.
[break][break]
Love you. Be home soon.
[break][break]
And, alone in their apartment, Kepler crumbles.
[break][break]
---
[break][break]
Eyes red and body squeezed dry of tears, hours later, he finally, finally, finally, finally gets a text from Ash’s number and he’s given himself heartburn from being sick with worry that he doesn’t even hesitate:
[break][break]
Meet me on the beach.
[break][break]
“What beach?” he says, and his voice is raspy and broken and he's tripping over himself running around to find a teleporting Pokemon. He holds the phone in both hands and screams at it: “WHAT BEACH, SAWYER?”
[break][break]
Ding.
[break][break]
“Slateport Beach.” He reaches a shaky, trembling hand towards Pluto. “S-slateport beach!”
[break][break]
Pluto just stares at him.
[break][break]
“Wh-what are you waiting for-- oh for the love of everything that is FUCKING holy--!”
[break][break]
She doesn’t know teleport so eventually she just scoops Kepler up and flies him there.
[break][break]
It’s not a particularly good beach day. The dawn is hidden behind a gray sky and a cool shroud of mist overlays everything. But it doesn’t stop Kepler from wriggling free of Pluto’s arms and charging through the cold sand in his bare feet towards a remarkably familiar-looking silhouette against the horizon flocked with smoke-colored clouds.
[break][break]
“Ash! Ash, Ash, Ash!”
[break][break]
He skids to a stop, kicking up a spray of sand, chest heaving, and he wants to reach out and grab but he sees all the bandages on his boyfriend’s face and he pauses, hands hovering.
[break][break]
“A-ash, are you-- okay?” Even though he knows that he isn’t, knows that he can’t be; he doesn’t want to make anything worse. "I got your message. I know you're not okay but-- but where can I hug where I won't-- re-break you?"
[break][break]
And of course there's going to be a conversation and Kepler's going to get to the bottom of what's gone wrong but he's so incredibly grateful to see Ash alive, breathing, and standing on his own two feet that he could scream and thank all the gods he doesn't believe in.

notes[break]
everything is lit i BROKE IT AND I DONT CARE
[/div]

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

[newclass=.mit]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mittag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #876c7c; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mitpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 4:34:02 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

Meet me on the beach. The first sends. It sends, and as he stands, both feet in the crashing waves onto the shore, the second comes after. Slateport Beach. Once finished, he lowers a hand to his pocket.[break][break]

Pulse shakes up and down in agreement, and engages sleep mode, slipping back into his pocket.[break][break]

He'd been here after Rocket medics had patched him up. He almost looked like Frankenstein's Monster, his face mostly covered in bandages after the onslaught against the sniper. His muscles were tired, shredded leg muscles from the marathon from the mecha Tyranitar, but surprisingly no broken bones. Eris really did him favors. Maybe he'd keep his charming face after all.[break][break]

It wouldn't be long. Their apartment was in Slateport after all. It wasn't too far away, in the higher side, but he keeps his eyes towards the sea, watching it move. The waves far out bigger than normal. Even with the cold sea on his legs, it helped to wake him up. To sober him in reality, like a cold shower of regret.[break][break]

Sometime later, another voice. Screaming his name. Pluto flying out, and holding his damsel. And soon, with him on the ground and closing the distance, Ashley turns to face him.[break][break]

The thousand yard stare was brutal for a moment, as recognition has him focus on Kepler. Finally, Ashley returns to some conscious thought. The waves were cold on his feet. Hands near his face, he can't help but make a small smile. "Hey, love." His words come out with a lethargic softness, as if he would topple over any moment.[break][break]

As he asks where to hug him, he takes a step forward and hugs Kepler, shaky arms holding him as if frightened that in a moment, he would fly away. His legs finally buckle, and he has Kepler in a full hug on his knees. The cold waves crash onto his pants with an icy touch.[break][break]

"I couldn't hear on the communicator. I had no idea if my message got through." His smile broadens, and tightening his grip, he doesn't mind it at all, even if the uncomforting sound of a crackle of bone would dissuade him from it.[break][break]

"Guess you did."[break][break]

He didn't care where Kepler hugged him. He wasn't letting go.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, no shades, VIBE MUSIC[break]
- The quintessential 'stare at the sea and find meaning' episode.[break]
- Kep comes, and he's glad to see him. Grabs him in hug.[break]
- He hears bones crackling. That's fine.[break]
- His legs weak, arms are sghetti, but hugging Kep tightly

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 2:42:17 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

Ash looks like he just stepped out of the pages of a plastic surgery nightmare. His face is shrouded in bandages; he lists slightly to one side, one leg not quite bearing its share of his weight. More terrifying than the physical hurts, however, was the strange sort of empty look he had in his eyes, the kind that made Kepler worry his bottom lip in his teeth with fear.
[break][break]
They come together like coming home and Kepler releases a broken sob he didn’t realize he was holding into the crook of Ash’s neck, face immediately wet with tears. Incredible, he didn’t think it was possible for him to cry more-- the human body sure was an amazing thing. They fall-- admittedly Ashley has a much further distance to go than Kepler-- and he twines his arms around his boyfriend’s neck and cries into the space above his collarbones.
[break][break]
“I heard you,” he says, muffled into Ash’s chest, “I heard you, I heard you.”
[break][break]
They stay like that for a long time until the tears finally stop flowing. Kepler turns his head, forehead pressing against the side of Ash’s neck.
[break][break]
“Please stop going where I can’t follow,” he says, and his voice is so quiet, it’s almost swallowed by the waves. “Every time you come back… you come back less and less.”

notes[break]
everything is lit

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

[newclass=.mit]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mitmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mittag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mit b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #876c7c; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mit a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.mitpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 20:29:59 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

All crying for a moment. He's able to stay strong, for the moment. He tries to, anyways, but as he holds his partner's body closer, his arms keep shaking. In a moment, he seems fragile, and capable to break at even a moment's notice.[break][break]

Muffled as he was though, Ash could hear it. Through those tearful sobs, he could feel himself splitting apart. Again, he caused him to cry. Again, he was the reason why.[break][break]

Sheesh... I'm just awful.[break][break]

When those words come out though, the quiet words to tell him that he keeps coming back less and less... Kepler really does know well. That's what hurts the most about his words. He's right. Sad and sulky as his smile is, it turns to a somber gaze until he swallowed down what he could to finally speak, almost like he was gasping for air.[break][break]

"Yeah. I know-" he starts, his voice is a little quieter, the wave crashing on his leg again. It was getting cold. "-I'm getting better at it."[break][break]

That was partially a lie, but really, he wasn't out an arm for a month or two this time. That was something! Not enough though. "You should see the other guy though." A little levity does not in fact make him feel better, simply drags him down worse. "Sorry... that was inappropriate."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash isn't fighting Kepler. They are right. Even if he's getting better at it.[break]
- Hasn't cried yet. Hoo boy. Time to go into it soon.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 23:42:11 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

Ash trembles a bit underneath Kepler’s arms and he wants to-- grab him by the face and shake him. Cry, you fool! he wants to scream in his face. Feel! Exist!
[break][break]
But he doesn’t. He just holds him, and is held in return.
[break][break]
“Ashley,” Kepler cups the side of his boyfriend’s jaw in his hands and forces his head to the side to lock eyes with him. “You can’t-- can’t hide everything behind a joke. You’re here, baby. And I’m here. You’re safe. Do you want to talk about it?”
[break][break]
He brushes the bandages with his thumb, brows knit, frowning.
[break][break]
“I love you, okay?”

notes[break]
everything is lit

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 2:35:46 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Those three words. He'd said them first after Mt. Pyre. Pulse was honestly to blame, but really it was him. But still, ever since those three words had been spoken, it was stronger. Much more raw, emotionally charged.[break][break]

Brushing the bandages... Ashley grabs Kep's hand, and closes his eyes. Was he even emotionally ready to release it all? To dump it all? But...[break][break]

A smile moves across his lips. Of course he was. Kep deserved to know.[break][break]

"... yeah. Let's get out of the water."[break][break]

With a short walk, with legs feeling like lead, he takes a small stride to the dry sand, and sits down, placing a spot to lean on him. It would be a lot tonight. Ash wanted to make sure Kep was comfy before he began.[break][break]

"Where do I even start?" He takes just a moment, a small, quiet moment to consider the origin point. Once he finds his footing, he starts off slow. "I told you how I was an orphan, right? Well, when I rejoined Rocket, I found out my birth mother died years ago, buried in Slateport. Saw her grave recently too. She worked the streets of Castelia at night. Sex worker, right? Guess that's where the drive comes from?" He begins. No matter how many times he retells it, it still stings. He used to hate her. Now...[break][break]

Ash just wished he got to know her.[break][break]

"She had a number of clients. One such was my birth father. Guess he told her that he had protection, but accidents happen. The way I heard it was that she didn't want to give me up. I'm here because of that."[break][break]

Then comes the sour part.[break][break]

"But my old man decided to try to overdose her while I was in the womb. I came out alright. But she... she got hooked on the stuff after my birth. Friends had to tell her to put me up for adoption. Doesn't take a genius to know that skid row isn't meant for kids, let alone months old babies. It's a miracle I survived."[break][break]

His eyes look slightly more empty and faded, as he stares to the sea. "Found out after that, he got a cushy corpo job in Unova. Complete piece of shit. Worse, mom got pregnant again... with a half-sister I don't know and never want to meet. Not... really, anyways." He withdraws a little. The whole story felt old now, as if it had played out years ago and wasn't just told to him by word of mouth of old friends. Friends of the late Katherine Sheperd. "He was here, in Slateport for a day, on a trip recently."[break][break]

"So I hunted him down like an animal-"[break][break]

It's harsh, but true. All of what he'd learned had made him capable and able to do it. At the cost of part of himself, he got revenge. Compounded on that though-[break][break]

"-and a lot of regret." He pauses. This is just the first part of the last few days, after all.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Gesturing to get out of the water, he sits in a way for Kep to sit right in front of him, cuddled into him.[break]
- Talks about his birth, how lucky he is to be alive, and the recent hunt he did for his father's life.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 0:32:41 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

They stand, and Ash pulls him further up the beach, away from where the cold water has been lapping at his leggings for the last five minutes. Kepler shivers and follows, their fingers laced together, squeezing as though his life depended on it-- like he could convince Ash he wasn’t alone by the strength of his grip.
[break][break]
Eventually, Ash plops down and Kepler follows, fitting into the space his boyfriend makes for him and leaning backward, back pressed to Ash’s chest, head falling against his collarbones.
[break][break]
He lets him talk without interruption, never takes his eyes off of him for a moment; processing everything in rapid succession as only Kepler is capable of doing. And, in typical Kepler fashion, he finds himself asking--
[break][break]
“Why?” and then realizing his question was too broad, he reconfigures: “Why did he want to-- do that to her? To you?” His stomach curdles at the concept of it, a sort of heinous, foul thing that the average person shouldn’t be capable of.
[break][break]
“Oh, Ash.He takes his boyfriend’s hands and pulls them tighter around himself, like he’s a coat he can wear against the world. He won’t say he’s sorry because, to him, it seems like Ash had the right of it. The guy sounded like scum and Kepler’d never put much stock in the strength of biological connections in the first place. He was a physicist, after all.
[break][break]
But he had the feeling there was more to it. And it pained him to see Ash so… numb. He was cracking jokes and trying to smile but there was a switch in him that wasn’t being thrown, a circuit incomplete. Ash wasn’t shivering at all despite the steady drop in temperature, the cold water that had been on his feet.
[break][break]
Kepler swallowed, scared-- not of what Ash would tell him but of what Ash was becoming, turning into. A shell, a stone. Kepler didn’t know if he could find his way back.

notes[break]
everything is lit

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:57:29 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

That question. It infested into him. How could a man be capable of doing that? He wondered himself how someone could do that, and it wasn't hard to figure it out. So, as he holds onto Kepler, his arms tighter now around him, his hands shake. "Because she wanted the money for child support. She decided she wanted to let me live. He didn't want that."[break][break]

It still stings, knowing that even foster fathers wanted him more than that man. It burned knowing that his misdirected hatred over his birth mom was meant for someone else. Someone else he would come to despise, that anger and hatred would fester into this disgusting, twisted tear. Ashley hated the League, and the members who took his family from him.[break][break]

He despised that man more than Landon. ()[break][break]

But fury was stilted over the last day, when revenge had led him so close to death. Watching Bass and Jelly fall to keep him protected, like a shield over his heart. If it happened to Kep, Ash would never come back. He was still able to tread through the black tar pit of Rocket, and keep his head above it. That could so easily shift though.[break][break]

For now, he found his way home.[break][break]

"After getting revenge, how disgusting it looked, how vile it felt, I felt nothing. No satisfaction, just a deep pit in my stomach. You probably noticed I hadn't slept. It only got worse during the mission. Bass and Jelly are gone now. Bass saved my life in Ultra Sea, taking a lethal blow to keep me safe. Jelly... he was just a little Stufful less than a year ago. His mom died, and I thought I was doing good saving him... but I was so consumed with wanting to see Landon die, I-"[break][break]

The tears begin running now. His grip tightens, and everything in his heart was burning. Incineration, burning it red hot flames, with the same vile power of soothing warmth and scorching hellfire.[break][break]

His voice cracks more.[break][break]

"All because I saw him. I saw Landon. I wanted to avenge Bullet, Pluto, and Kiryu. Jelly died because of me. He was crying, so scared that I would hurt myself, and I think I woke up. Realized where I was. And I just-" He pauses a moment, his tears dripping down his face. He was shaking now. The moment, he relived over and over and over again in his mind, and so he finally is able to force the word through a pained voice.[break][break]

"-collapsed." He needed Kepler now more than ever.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Reveals why his father attempted it.[break]
- Goes into the past few days and how he felt. How it felt to lose Bass and Jelly, and how broken up he is about it.[break]
- Jelly woke his ass up. Good Bewear.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 2:40:39 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

It starts slow, at first, the way Ash trembles like a sapling in a thunder storm. Just at his fringes: his hands, the muscles in his cheeks. Kepler feels him tighten his hold and grips onto his forearms for dear life.
[break][break]
“He doesn’t mean anything,” Kepler says, staring up at Ashley with big, blue eyes. His voice is quiet in the sound of the wind. “He doesn’t mean anything, Ashley. What he thought-- it doesn't matter.” Kepler couldn’t quite relate to the feeling of putting stock in your parents-- his own, while certainly never doing anything as awful as trying to murder him in utero, certainly never seemed to appreciate him. But this-- this was an atrocity. This went beyond just not caring about your kids, this horrible urge to destroy them before they were born, ruining, at minimum, two lives in the process.
[break][break]
“You didn’t know,” he whispers, pressing his hand against the back of Ash’s and lacing their fingers together. “You didn’t know he was the-- the reason your mom… did what she did. That’s not your fault.”
[break][break]
As Ashley falls to pieces-- quite poetic, like ash in the wind-- Kepler twists in his arms and threads his arms around his neck, pulling him down so Ash was hunched into him and Kepler was taking up most of his line of vision, Ash’s forehead to his shoulder, hugging him close.
[break][break]
“I’m sorry,” he says, for the grief Ash must be feeling over the loss of his good friends. “I’m so sorry,” over the fact that he can’t take the pain away. He can’t tell him that it isn’t his fault because… well, Kepler’s always been logical, even when it hurts.
[break][break]
There are som nay things he wants to say. It’s a war. These things happen. They knew what they were signing up for. But none of them takes away the sting and the pain and, quite honestly, Kepler thinks the best thing for Ash right now is to feel-- to burn away and propagate anew, like a forest after a fire.
[break][break]
So he just holds him, tight enough to hurt.

notes[break]
everything is lit

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 9:58:21 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

The grip on his arms kept him grounded, as those big blue eyes, and lips moved. The reassurance sobers him more and more, with each finger giving him a moment to relax. Kepler truly was like a rock for him. His rock. Keeping him stable, present.[break][break]

When face met shoulder, Ashley finally just sobs. Jelly and Bass didn't deserve death. Neither of them deserved to die. They were just Pokemon that had a bright future, but by Ashley's inclusion, ruined by proxy. He sobbed, knowing that there was nothing he could do to the growing graveyard of Pokemon that fought beside him. They loved him, and the sharp edge of that love being that they gave their lives to protect him, and keep him going. That broke Ashley inside and out.[break][break]

As he pulls onto Kepler tighter, it's like a child never wanting to let go. To let go really meant to let him fall away. Minutes on end, he just lets it all hit him. One minute. Five minutes.[break][break]

Finally, he's able to stop.[break][break]

"Thank you. For being here."[break][break]

He wipes at his face, and every single time he can, he kisses Kepler's hand, trying to pull it back together. The composure was shattered, but the suffering and hell he went through in this recent mission...[break][break]

Ash wanted to get past it.[break][break]

"Can we just rent a bad, cheesy movie, get some takeout and just... do nothing?" It's a simple request. Just like when Kepler was on his 90 days, they had done this before. But this time, it was a request directly from Ash. After one hellish day, he just wanted to be there with him. A terrible movie, a bad and cheesy romcom even. He didn't care.[break][break]

Anything to help this pain in his chest to go away.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash sobs for a good few minutes, and lets it all out into Kep's shoulder.[break]
- Thanks him after he's able to get through a good bit.[break]
- Requests they watch some schlocky movie and just get takeout.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 23:49:50 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

Kepler clings to Ash just as much as Ash clings to Kepler, fingers clawing into the fabric of his shirt, two halves of a particularly volatile whole. Like gravity, and the way it pulls this proportionate to distance and mass-- the two of them had planetary fields that were always meant to intersect.
[break][break]
He lets Ashley cry without interruption, because Kepler knows he needs this. He’ll go too long putting on a brave face until everything cracks and shatters and he stabs someone else’s eye out. A gross oversimplification of the traumas and conditions that went into that specific event, but still. They were working with evidence, precedent.
[break][break]
“Always,” Kepler says, muffled into Ash’s neck, his own cheeks wet with tears. “Always.”
[break][break]
Ash kisses his hands and wipes his tears and Kepler presses his palms to Ash’s cheeks, the bandages rasping against his skin. He needs to hold him here, here in this moment, in this heart, so that he can find his footing and begin to heal.
[break][break]
“Absolutely,” Kepler says, and his watery, half-crying voice is something reverent. “Whatever you want to do. Within reason, of course, because I am putting you on a strict emotional recovery period. You’re not leaving my sight for at least a week.”
[break][break]
He hugs him again, nuzzling into the space beneath Ash’s chin. They fit so well together.
[break][break]
“I’m so glad you’re home.”

notes[break]
everything is lit

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 0:24:32 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

They were a mess, mangled into each other. Inseparable, maybe. Gravity kept the duo locked together. And as Ashley let it all out, finally at the edge of it, his request was met with Kepler's accpetance.[break][break]

With the caveat of a week of emotional recovery.[break][break]

Ashley's smile broadens, as he nods. He holds back on the cheesy response, feeling it in the back of his mind, shutting himself up before giving the real response.[break][break]

"Sure. I need the time off." He knew he needed to slow down, and with the hug, the nuzzled space... and when Kepler says that he's glad he's home. Ashley's heart races faster. Kep is his home. In fact, it doesn't matter where they live. They could move to Fortree, to Rustboro, Lilycove, Sootopolis. Doesn't matter. Home was where the heart was. It was invaluable.[break][break]

"Yeah." He took a second to look at Kep... and he smiles quietly.[break][break]

"Kalos, right?" The planned vacation after the job was done; something he wouldn't forget. "We'll be quite busy." And so would he, going to some jewelers in Kalos.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley is happy to take the time off, and has an epiphany.[break]
- Reminds Kep of the vacation they have set soon.[break]
- Ash is certain now.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 2:27:05 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]

“You need a lot more than that,”
Kepler said, voice a honey-soaked coo, as he called his boyfriend out on his destructive habits but also smiled through it because he loved him so much, “but it’s a start.”
[break][break]
Ash gets this weird look on his face and Kepler’s about to ask him what’s wrong when he mentions their-- Dream Vacation, again.
[break][break]
“Sure. Kalos. After you’ve recovered.” He slides his fingers lovingly through greasy silver hair. “You need rest, Ashley. Real rest.” And he’d go anywhere with Ash, honestly, all the man had to do was ask, but--
[break][break]
--”I want you to make yourself a priority right now, okay? It won't be a very fun vacation if you're all strung out and traumatized and scraping the bottom of the barrel.” They could start by getting off this cold beach and taking a hot shower. "I know you hate the doctor, but how bad are your wounds? I can take care of some of them at home."
[break][break]

notes[break]
everything is lit

[attr="class","mitpoke"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 2:52:26 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

That honey-soaked coo, the way his words lace together to comfort him. Ash can feel the massage on his heart, soothing him through the trauma. But... much like the cold sobering wave that moves to their feet, Kepler does continue to dote on him, though ensuring he finally, truly, and absolutely keeps himself safe and alive.[break][break]

With a chuckle, he coos back, though not quite as strong. "Oh don't worry. I'm gonna rest, I'm gonna rest. I'm staying at home for the next while. Doctor said I had a broken rib that will be fixed up in time, and my face, well..."[break][break]

He tries to play it off best he can. "Still kissable?"[break][break]

He'd been punched in the face enough to really bruise and batter his face. His left eye had been swollen, and though it didn't look it now, that was due in part to Eris's Comfey. That little thing really did save his ass. He'd have to look into one of those.[break][break]

"Come on. Let's go get cleaned up and watch something. Your pick tonight." He intends to get himself up, and the sound of a bone crack immediately fills their ears, and he groans in pain.[break][break]

"Ow..."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash tells Kep about some of the damage, ensuring to him that he will take a break.[break]
- Asks if he's still kissable, and then tries to get up to go clean up.[break]
- A bone cracks. AND PAIN.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 13:49:11 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mit"]
[attr="class","mittag"]

[attr="class","mitmain"]
”Good,” he says, tone saccharine sweet as he cups Ash’s face and drags his thumb over the bandages on his cheeks; for a brief second, his face hardens, and his grip tightens, fingertips digging in slightly: ”Because I am not above tying you to the bed. In a very unsexy way.”

[break][break]
His touch softens again and he leans in and presses his lips to Ash’s. ”Always kissable.” He stands with Ash and is considering the most blasé, nerd-riffic thing to watch tonight to make Ash regretting allowing Kepler to pick when his boyfriend cracks like a walnut shell. Kepler goes to grab him but remembers he’s broken so his hands hover, instead.

[break][break]

”How are we going to get you home? Pluto can carry you but it would be… not very comfy, I think. Do you have a teleport on you?’

notes[break]
everything is lit

[attr="class","mitpoke"]