She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
Research Project: Iron Brutal
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 3:02:09 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Session 1 with newly designated Paradox Pokemon, Iron Jugulis. For the record, I put forwards the name Iron Brutal, a designation that would have been much more fitting for such a creature with such a brutish disposition." Xenon sets her phone down on a nearby tray in the lab as she turns back to "Rhodium", the personal name she had given Iron Jugulis upon capturing it within the Ultra Deep Sea.
[break][break]
"The subject in question appears to be descended in origin from the pokemon species Hydreigon, sharing many characteristics with the inferior dragon. The most obvious one would most obviously be the three heads that stretch out from its body, but what is less immediately obvious is the vicious ferocity that the two pokemon share in nature, only amplified by the ruthless efficiency of a machine of the future." Rhodium was asleep right now, or to be more accurate, in a medically induced "sleep mode" so Xenon could better study the machine without needing to concern herself with the behaviors of a relatively unknown machine lifeform.
[break][break]
"Ah, I should note that too. I currently have the subject in an artificially induced sleep mode. One could hardly even tell this is a living breathing creature in the state it's in now, its heads have completely lost their faces as their LED screens have gone completely blank to conserve energy." She opens the main head's mouth to peer inside, though her eyes can only see so far into the darkness even with a flashlight. "Note for next session, bring endoscopic camera to try and observe what the creature's insides look like."

[break][break]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#1F51FF;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 9:41:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He cannot help but to find himself in the labs on occasion, as if reliving the dreams he'd put to the side in Rocket's name. They're an especially exciting place in the wake of new discoveries, scientists buzzing about like insects in a shaken hive.

[break][break]
He's here for a progress report about the Seal Stones from their Head Scientists, but diverts his attention to a scientist studying one of the new Pokémon they had dubbed Paradox. A creature that should not exist, yet stood before them still.

[break][break]
Or, rather, hovered. Floated.

[break][break]
He listens quietly as dictates their findings.

[break][break]
"Is this one yours, or are you merely studying it?"

[break][break]
MIASMA wisps around the underboss as he approaches, curiosity evident.

[break][break]
"You know, there is a theory that these Pokémon were borne of our dreams. Our imagination. I wonder who thought up this magnificent beast."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 15:01:29 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Xenon snaps to attention as an intruder announces their presence in her lab, instinctively moving her body between the new voice and her beautiful Rhodium as she turns to face whatever primitive would dare to intrude on her work. Ah, but this isn't one that she can just kill and dump into the ocean like the other grunts that tried to make a pass at her, this one was "Important" with a capital I. The tension releases from her body as she straightens up and pushes her glasses up from the bridge of her nose, staring at Gavin with an almost impressive air of nonchalance as she goes back to her research.
[break][break]
"To claim one owns the future is the height of arrogance even for one as supremely talented as myself. This one owns me in truth, a blinding future that's had me in its grasp since so many years past." Suddenly, she's in his personal space as she studies him, breathing in deep of the miasma that flows from his body while staring... well, to say she was staring at him was incorrect. It would be more accurate to say she's staring at something beyond him, something that he represented and just so happened to be the closest thing she could look at at the moment.
[break][break]
"But yes, I am the one who caught it. And you are Gavin Merlino, Underboss of Team Rocket, current avatar of that shadow of a god everyone is so excited about, leader of the M.A.G.M.A. Division of Team Rocket." She spells out each letter phonetically as she stares into his eyes with an intense curiosity, holding the look for an uncomfortable six seconds before finally breaking away. "You smell like chlorine, I like that. Not quite a noble gas, but a nice one nevertheless."
[break][break]
She probably shouldn't be talking to someone so high up on the chain like this, but she had never been one to observe things like formalities or traditions, too stagnant, too primal and trashy. A fluid world view is necessary to adequately convey the sense of ultramodernism that she wanted to practice and preach. "I've heard that theory being pushed around. Someone in the base camp I was recovering in was espousing some view that Hydreigon's were symbols of destruction in pre-modern times, so it makes sense that it would get turned into some kind of hi tech military weapon of the future." Xenon sneers as she presents the idea, it was such a lazy answer, so devoid of imagination, so rooted in logic and realism. "I think people who think like that are rather stupid. We live in a world where the impossible happens every day, gods walk the land and leave ruined cities in their wakes, infinite energy is harvested from the land and weaved into suits that can harmonize with pokemon, we force new forms of evolution in our pokemon through nothing more than sheer willpower and some rocks! Yet these machines were just... made up of our imagination?" The absurdity of it is enough to make her laugh even as she adjusts the Iron Jugulis's thin wings to test how they affected its levitation, the answer was not very much.
[break][break]
"Is it really so hard to believe that maybe something just came from the future? The simplest answers are most often the correct ones."

[break][break]

+

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 4:40:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Scientists were an eclectic bunch, but a common trend among them was pride over their work and a desire to protect it. Cillian isn't offended as the woman imposes herself between him and the Iron Jugulis, though a twitch at the corner of his mouth suggests amusement.[break][break]

He's surprised she seems so at ease around him, especially when she reveals her knowledge of his identity.[break][break]

"I go by Cillian now." On the rest, he has no argument. He almost laughs when she mentions the smell of chlorine; he'd become desensitized to it. "I've just come from the training facilities."[break][break]

Chlorine was often used to mask the stench of blood and sweat.[break][break]

Beneath it, notes of peppernmint and the spicy musk of his cologne are less apparent, though far more indicative of Cillian himself.[break][break]

He holds 's stare with no evidence of discomfort.[break][break]

His brow arches as she dismisses the theory with contempt.[break][break]

"I find it equally narrow-minded to dismiss such a possibility without further evidence. Hoenn's history has proven how strange the answers to these questions can be."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 4:10:39 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Cillian, Gavin, Chuck, names were just a human designation rooted in the past anyways, one that even she unfortunately had to abide by if she was to operate within functional society. "Chlorine is a good smell, very ultramodern." Whatever that means.
[break][break]
But he is right, to dismiss the possibility of creatures pulled from the collective consciousness would be narrow minded. "That's exactly right Gavin, I'm a very narrow minded individual. All the greatest scientists are, its how we made all our greatest discoveries. We started at one incredibly narrowminded hypothesis and ignored everything else, until we were faced with something so irrefutable and in our faces that we had no choice but to disregard the ideas of the past and move towards the future! Looking around and trying to account for every possibility is a recipe for disaster, you're like a horse in a race without blinders, so scared of every opposing theorem that you never take a step forwards towards your end state. I keep my blinders on and keep my eyes locked to the future, running full speed ahead until I slam into a wall that I can't climb over. That is the essence of science!" Xenon rambles on and on as she grabs some sort of scanning tool from her tray and runs it along Rhodium's necks.
[break][break]
"As I thought, a total void in brain wave readings. That bone for brains was right on the mark, this is a dark type." She mumbles as she studies the readings with an even more critical eye. "You were a scientist once too right? Come here, what do you make of these readings here. This energy signature is completely unlike anything I've ever seen before." Xenon waves Gavin over as she holds the reader closer to the Iron Jugulis's main head.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 11:37:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

With zero idea what she meant about the chlorine, Cillian chooses not to acknowledge the comment at all.[break][break]

She takes off on a wild tangent, and the underboss listens with a sort of amused patience. Plenty of Rocket's scientists were bizarre. It's nothing he hasn't seen before.[break][break]

He speaks up at 'bone-for-brains'. "Who?"[break][break]

Mostly because he's curious.[break][break]

When she beckons him over, Cillian takes a step toward the Iron Jugulis and frowns at the data readings.[break][break]

"Mm. I'm afraid I'm not particularly well-versed on future tech." Be it Pokémon or otherwise. "I studied fossils, see. But this definitely does seem unusual in comparison to your average Pokémon. Have you compared it to any more of these 'Paradox' Pokémon?"[break][break]

He thinks in particular of the 'Iron Valiant'.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 5:59:35 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

", a loudmouthed bone for brains who happened to help me out with catching this beast." Xenon explains quickly, far more interested in her findings then she is in recounting the past.
[break][break]
As for studying more Paradox Pokemon... well, not yet. "I've scheduled a few meetings with others who have taken hold of the future, but I thought it would be pertinent to go into those sessions with at least somewhat of an idea of what I'm looking for. It seems I might have just found such a thing..." She hums as she sets the reader down and starts studying the Iron Jugulis once more.
[break][break]
"Depending on my findings, I believe it's possible to mass produce these without needing to capture them manually within the Interdream. It can be done, if we can artificially produce Gensect then something like this shouldn't be a problem at all. You're one of the big bosses of Rocket right? I expect full funding and support once I've collated all my findings at the end of this. Thank you for your time or whatever, blah blah blah, all the formalities and what not." It was very obvious that she was dismissing the man as she completely turned her attention away from him and focused solely on study of her subject, normally manic eyes held calm with the discovery of purpose in this moment.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 20:39:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Mention of @kouji almost makes him laugh, but Cillian suppresses the urge. People often treated with the same disdain based on his perceived intelligence, and his husband's low self-worth keeps him mindful.[break][break]

Instead, he's far more focused on .[break][break]

He scoffs, appalled by her abrupt attempt to dismiss him.[break][break]

"Project Exodus," he says coldly, speaking of Genesect's creation, "was a time and cost-intensive project backed by our Head Scientists at the time. Which, I might remind you, you are not." She had all of the entitlement and none of the rank. "If your research shows promise and if we have the resources to spare, perhaps your pitch might be considered. Until then, a word of advice: you'll curry little favour with that attitude."[break][break]

He expects she'll say she doesn't care about favour. She seems the type.[break][break]

Shaking his head, he turns to leave in search of .

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 13:05:50 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Project Exodus was a vanity project trying to replicate legends of old, the only worth it has is that those eggheads you call Head Researchers at least had the brains to improve on it instead of just wholesale reviving some primitive garbage from the past." Respect, position, common courtesy, all primitive garbage ideals that she tossed into the trash in her pursuit of the future. Crunch.
[break][break]
And she has no problem making that known as once again she zooms into Cillian's personal space and stares him in the eye. "You're strong, so I can respect you for now. Stronger than me, strong enough to kill me. That means I gotta listen to you. But remember this, once I'm strong enough to stand on your level, things like favor and respect won't mean jack in the future I'm creating. So don't expect me to come crawling to your feet and begging for your attention once I've finished up my masterpiece. You're all gonna take one look at the future I'm building, and you're gonna be begging me to take your money and make you all into legends. Guaranteed."
[break][break]
Coming from anyone else, one would simply take it as the shallow promise of some wannabe grunt trying to make themselves look good in front of the boss. But its easy to see that Xenon doesn't give a single damn about the opinion of anyone but herself, this isn't a promise in her mind. This is a prophecy of the future, a guarantee that she can deliver on everything she says and more. Failure just isn't a consideration to someone like her.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,889 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 12:02:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her arrogance sparks his anger, but Cillian does not turn around. She might notice a sharp increase in the air's PRESSURE as his link to his corrupt patron fuels the call of violence in his blood.[break][break]

It's not worth it, he forcefully tells himself, unclenching a closing fist. Her ramblings about the future are ignored; she's clearly half-delusional, and physical retaliation against such an individual was only a waste of his time.[break][break]

"That attitude will not get you far in Rocket."[break][break]

He leaves without another word.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 4:10:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: