Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
I Believe We Can Fly [O][DW]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 3:51:23 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]A few weeks ago, Aubre stood on what felt like the edge of the world. Emerald eyes stared out at the horizon, wondering if her family was staring back. The fins of her Marshtomp occasionally tickled her feet. The gesture coaxed out the occasional giggle. A little further off, an aged Kabutops dodged between a herd of Corsola. But this peace was not meant to last.

The doctor’s reality check came in the form of a giant boulder from on high. Only a clumsy stumble saved the redhead from a broken neck. As the bird circled around for a second strike, her Kabutops managed to ward it off with a surprise Hydro Pump. But not all of the dark type’s victims had been so lucky. In hot pursuit of the bird, a Dragonite emerged from the horizon. But the bump on its noggin and a shattered shoulder made it hard for him to stay aloft. With a crash, he doubled the craters on the ground.

With an apology, Aubre captured him, so she could examine him at the clinic. While the relationship was rocky at first, the good food and relaxing atmosphere soon warmed up the dragon. This friendliness was spurned on by the fact that Aubre handed over the ball almost immediately after. She promised she’d let him go once he was up for the journey home. Today was the last hurdle he needed to pass.

"Just take it easy, all right? We do not want to strain your injuries." She'd been there and done so herself. The dragon snorted. She didn't think he could fly? He was a force of wind and nature!

Settled on the ground—smiling at the distant orange dot—Aubre watched as the Dragonite circled around. A fist of sadness crushed her heart as she watched him do a loop-de-loop. Bitten nails tightened in the strap of her bag. In it, for some reason, she’d passed her flying goggles. It wasn’t like she’d use them. That part of her life had died with her Mantine. Still, seeing his white teeth grin, she couldn’t help but want to be up there.

As she turned to face a noise on the path, she felt strong muscles wrap around her torso. “!?” Before she could process what was happening, her feet were a hundred feet off the ground. “Marcus! What are you—put me—!” Her eyes dropped to the earth as the Dragonite released its pinky claws. “Well, don’t drop me, but I’d appreciate if you—” The dragon’s tiny wings picked up speed as e zoomed over the trees of the nearby city. Her heart pounded in her chest, feet almost tickling the tops of the tree houses.

Soon enough—realizing he wasn’t trying to kill her—the redhead relaxed into the Dragonite’s muscular arms. As they circled back to her original spot, she felt her heart swell. Tears, ones she’d forgotten to shed, erupted as she battled back quiet sobs. Images of her Mantine came to the forefront. Her fingers tightened in the Dragonite's scales. “Elouise, I didn't mean to—” A gasp erupted as she focused on the path. “Pull up! Now!” Apparently someone else was enjoying the beautiful day. Someone who put themselves right in their path.

Lifting her feet as close to her chest as possible, her and the Dragonite landed clumsily a few yards away. Her knees hit the packed dirt heavily. “Arceus! That was close!” She pushed the dragon’s arm away as she rushes toward the other traveler. “Are you all right?”

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #AED588;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #AED588;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kiki

0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
4 posts
rick newton DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rick
rick newton
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 0:16:17 GMT
rick newton Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ricktemp"]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","setting"]

Finally he had arrived to Petalburg City. Rick heard great things about this city and he was eager to explore the renowned Petalburg Woods, it was the time of year where bug and grass type pokemon would be thriving. He was ecstatic about observing them in their natural habitat, there was just one problem.

[break][break]

Rick pulled out the map to Petalburg woods once again. After staring at it intensely his head slumps down. Rick didn't want to admit it, but he was completely lost and unsure which direction would take him to the woods. He sighs wearily adjusting the shoulder straps of his backpack. He rolls the map back up again and decides to continue down the current path, Rick figured that he'd arrive there someway or another.
[break][break]

Hearing some sort of commotion behind him, Rick saw it as a perfect opportunity to ask the stranger for some directions. What he didn't realize in the moment was that Aubre was with a dragonnite who Rick asserted to be flying in a strange manner. Realizing that he was in their way, Rick braced himself for an impact as he didn't think he could get away in time.

[break][break]

Luckily they manage to narrowly miss each other, however the sudden change in trajectory causes a strong gust of wind and Rick is knocked down onto the ground. He quickly gets back up, a few scrapes on his hands swiftly approached by the same trainer who voiced concern.
"I'm fine" He reassures her with a gentle smile glimpsing towards her knees. "How about yourself? that was a rough landing."

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[newclass=.ricktemp]position:relative; --accent:#19ace6; --bgimg:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/38/d2/ab/38d2ab80e962d8faf6f3853932631cd7.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.ricktemp b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-size: cover; background-position: 30%; [/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.ricktemp .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 2:12:02 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARAQUANID APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIDER WEB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LUNGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VOLBEAT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY ROUGH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAIL GLOW
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 4:06:38 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]Though shaken from the crash landing, Aubre wastes no time getting up. Seeing someone else in need is to her what sugar is to a hummingbird. Though covered in dust—with a scrape on a leg—she doesn’t seem to notice. In her lists of priority, she always came last—if she put herself there at all.

Breathing heavily, still blinking heavily, Aubre offers Rick an apologetic, sad smile. Instantly, her eyes follow the movement to his knees. “Oh! You’re not—you’re bleeding.” So was she. With a snap she pops open her doctor’s bag. A worn, faux leather thing with a comfortable strap. A keychain hangs from it, showing charms with her daughter, husband, and Pokemon.”Let me patch you up real quick. I’ll need to know where you bought your pants. I’ll replace those and the dirt—shirt too.”

Behind her, the Dragonite approached. His chunky arm scratching guiltily at his face. The toothy grin on his face was equal parts apologetic and awkward. The redhead could not resist throwing her—no, the--dragon a look of reproach. “Again, I apologize. I’m glad you’re in one piece. That could have gone very differently.” She sighed, pulling out three extra large bandages. “Marcus was testing his wings. It’s been a while since he used them.” The orange beast shifted awkwardly from side to side, almost as if he was a toddler in need of a wee. “He may have gone a teensy-weensy bit overboard.”

Let’s hope he isn’t the type to sue. The clinic wouldn’t appreciate a lawsuit. Images of her in a box flashed through her mind. With no one else ou here, this fellow could claim all kinds of wrongdoing.

A noise from the bushes at the side of the path made her smile. A little Volbeat peered curiously around the bush as if contemplating this trio of happenstance. An awkward wave was tossed its way. Instead of returning it, the beetle retreated into the bushes.

“I’m glad you’re in one piece. Mostly.” Her cheeks flared red. “Mostly in one piece, not mostly okay. You’d think I’d be better with words considering I—” She wasn’t sure how to finish that sentence. Doctors knew plenty of words, but that sounded almost braggartly. “--read a lot.” Though, these days, it was mostly children’s picture books.

NOTES
- Passing
[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AED588; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #69A534; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #E0F3FC; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #AED588;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #272727;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #AED588;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights