Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
GOLD
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 19:13:09 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rowwt"]

[attr="class","rowwtw"] It was strange being in Evergrande City, immersed in the heart of the League. Back when he was a member of Team Rocket, Rowan avoided this city like the plague, out of a sense of self-preservation. Now, as an employee of the government and a conscript of the Ranger Corps, he was as welcome as any other citizen. "Freaky." Rowan muttered to himself as he stepped up to the seat of the Pokémon League, hoping to get an audience with the Champion himself.[break][break]

Glass doors pulled apart as Rowan stepped through, the cool air conditioning welcoming in the current humid season. Trainers and employees went to and fro, creating a line of traffic between him and the reception desk. "Excuse me." He pushed through the proverbial sea until he was face to face with the over-worked man typing frantically. "Is Kyle Lopez available? I've been sent by Head Ranger of Slateport City." A lie, but relatively unprovable.

A dismissive gesture was meant to show him to the building directory, locating the man's name among a series of others. "Okay, then." Guess he'd have to try Kyle's facilities and hope the Champion happened to be at one of them.

[attr="class","rowwttag"]

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#f8a42c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#f8a42c!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #f8a42c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #f8a42c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #f8a42c!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #f8a42c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #f8a42c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #f8a42c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
GOLD
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 16:26:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as luck would have it, rowan would find the person he's been looking for rushing to the lobby.

he stops by reception, blending in seemingly with the crowd, and quickly hogs the person behind the desk. he's never had an air of presence when placed in a building full of equally important people, whether by choice or not.

"tell i've done everything she's asked me if she comes looking for me. my work's already sent to her office. if anyone else looks for me, tell them to, uh, look for me at slateport police department."

he could send people a message, but where's the fun in that? he's already done with his work, and letting the other person know of it risks getting asked for another favor.

ignorance is bliss, though the saying doesn't adhere to its original meaning in this situation.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
GOLD
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 16:57:09 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"Kyle?" He asked, in slight disbelief at the coincidence. [break][break]

They'd met a few times before, once on a courier mission but most significantly when he defended from them and in Sootopolis City. [break][break]

"Rowan Wrynn, we met in Sootopolis City." Still, etiquette dictated it was best to introduce oneself. [break][break]

"If you're not too busy, I was hoping we could talk. I have some questions about a mutual friend of ours." [break][break]

The last thing he wanted to do was blurt out Suicune's name in the middle of the League headquarters, but admittedly it might have been a bit misleading and seeming as though he wanted to talk about Melody.

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#f8a42c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#f8a42c!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #f8a42c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #f8a42c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #f8a42c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #f8a42c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
GOLD
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 3:21:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as soon as he finishes explaining his case, another person comes to him.

admittedly, with all the wild stuff happening, he had forgotten the person attached to the face until he mentioned sootopolis.

"you know, it might've been better if you didn't mention that, but i'll forget you said that for now."

he keeps his calm despite the opinions in his head popping up one after the other. for respect of peace, he keeps his words to himself, especially after he's remembered the last interaction had with him that day.

"melody's a bit delusional, so i can't advocate answering any questions about her. sorry."

she's a bad judge of character, and so overly friendly that she'll even keep those that wronged her around her company. not that kyle can judge since he's also easily forgiven her as well.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
GOLD
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 3:34:11 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"I didn't want to lie to you." Rowan admitted, offering a small shrug with the sentiment. [break][break]

The comment of Melody's diminished mental faculties elicited a small grin, attempting to quickly correct course.[break][break]

"It's not about Melody, actually. It's about Suicune."[break][break]

He would have preferred to not name drop the legendary in such a public space, but it seemed as though Kyle was already in the process of dismissing him entirely.[break][break]

"There is darkness coming, I'm sure you've felt it as well. I want to make sure this Suicune is safe, and doesn't end up like the one from Johto."[break][break]

Amber eyes locked on their own, attempting to emphasize the sincerity of their position.[break][break]

"If we could talk privately, I'll explain everything, even about Sootopolis City."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
GOLD
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 8:47:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
suicune, huh?

he would have guessed it's another fanatic like , but what he says next differentiates the two of them, if only by the way they approached the subject.

"but there's always darkness happening on hoenn," he blurts out, unable to keep it from his thoughts.

still, he felt sincerity. kyle could only sigh and let his shoulders droop down.

he rushed his way out to escape work, only to be interrupted by someone's personal matters. he wouldn't normally take them, but he's too weak to deny any requests.

"alright, lead the way if you have a venue in mind."

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
GOLD
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 2:18:58 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]It doesn't take long for them to find a solemn spot, a bench in the outdoor gardens that afforded some level of privacy. A gentle breeze rustled the leaves of the tree above them, the distant chirps of Fletchling the only sound.[break][break]

"You might have already guessed, but full disclosure, I used to be a member of Team Rocket. helps me defect a few months ago. I'm working for the Rangers now."[break][break]

With that out of the way, Rowan would get right to the point, not wanting to waste the Champion's time.[break][break]

"I first met this Suicune during the invasion of Sootopolis City. We'd locked eyes on the lake after I was regretting my role in the attack." The details of that regret were omitted, aware of Kyle's relationship with .[break][break]

"When we went into the Tree of Life, Suicune came to me again, helping me fight the massive Seviper inside and save Xerneas." They'd bonded for a short time following the battle, the Pokémon offering him an affectionate lick.[break][break]

"Last time we met was when burned me alive with her Giratina. Suicune came and picked me up, brought me to a river a healed me. After all those experiences, I went to Johto with , looking for answers about them." Amber eyes glanced away for a moment, slightly solemn.[break][break]

"That was when I heard from the Kimono Girl in the Burned Tower that their Suicune was killed by Team Rocket. The one I might was more than likely from another world, perhaps the one where the Tree of Life itself came from."

[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
GOLD
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 10:36:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was no surprise about him revealing he was once a member of rocket despite it being news to him, though being involved does give him a slight smile in his expression.

it's a surprise to see him be proactive behind the scenes given his demeanor, but it tracks with actions he's taken that kyle knows of recently.

besides 's actions being snitched on him, which kyle wasn't surprised about in any case, the story had direction, but ironically felt all over the place. he supposed that's natural, given how everything on hoenn doesn't make sense.

"a-are you mentioning all those names to appeal to me, or...?" his hand goes over the back of his neck. "nevermind that. anyways, what are you coming to me for? do you really want to hunt that suicune down?"

there's no disbelief in his expression, but rather, there's worry.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
GOLD
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 11:04:51 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"Sorry, I'm sure it's confusing to have two years of events condensed into a single breath." Their bewilderment was understanding, Rowan would have been equally as confused if he hadn't experienced these stories himself. [break][break]

"Hunt them down? No." The suspicion wasn't unwarranted, a number of people in the region wanted their hands on legendaries for their own reasons, most of them selfish and cruel. [break][break]

"When we went to the Burned Tower, the Kimono Girl mentioned what interested Suicune in a person. They seek out those with 'murky souls' and attempt to 'purify' them, set them on the righteous path." Rowan could still remember the feeling of the cold wind on his neck, an assurance that the Pokémon was still watching, encouraging. [break][break]

"Suicune was the only one who believed I could become a better person, instead of trying to drag me down to their level. I owe them everything, and I just want to ensure their safety. The Rocket Underboss, Gavin Merlino, knows about my connection to them, and I wouldn't put it past him to try to go after Suicune as revenge for me defecting." Kyle didn't know of his relationship with , but that wasn't particularly important right now. [break][break]

"Not to mention, the Dark Triad's interest in killing legends."[break][break]

Amber eyes met the champion's own, attempting to convey sincerity in the face of their skepticism.[break][break]

"I was hoping you might have some information or insight that can help me seek them out and protect them, or at the very least warn them."

[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
GOLD
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 14:13:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"melody believed in you too. that's why she asked for your help instead of us that one time. razz too, if he's involved. maybe angelo as well, if he's aware of the reason why your reasons. suicune isn't everything."

he had to correct his line of thinking, being frustrated for for the suicune-centric line of thought. his arms cross as his brows furrow, though he can't find himself to get emotional when facts already dictate things for him.

"i have... ideas," he tells rowan. "we can try, but i'm not sure if it's going to work."

he convinces himself he's curious about how real the suicune is, but he starts to wonder if he's just weak to people asking him for favors. he brushes away the softness by moving on with the topic.

"are you sure it's a good idea though? if merlino does know, what's stopping him from letting you do all the work to track suicune down, only to use you as bait to do what you implied for him to do? is this just not an excuse to meet up with the legendary beast?"

the filter doesn't turn on.

"are you hoping to be its avatar?"

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
GOLD
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 9:22:43 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"You're right, I wasn't alone." A revelation that perhaps came far too late, but one that he was glad to have nonetheless, and were behind him the entire time. "Gavin wanted me to feel alone, isolated, so I wouldn't leave. I suppose that mindset is hard to break...thanks for the reminder." There was the hitch with attempting to run him through with Cobalion's Z-Move, but he'd already slandered one of Kyle's colleagues in this conversation, and the last thing he wanted was to put his best friend in further jeopardy. She was going through enough as it was.[break][break]

"I wouldn't put that past him either." Once again, the Champion had a point. Rowan supposed that's what made him such a shining beacon of heroism for the region, insight such as this. "In that case, perhaps you should go alone. If there is anyone in this region that this Suicune would trust besides me, it would be the Ho-Oh avatar."[break][break]

Their final question brought pause to Rowan, not having as easy of an answer as those posed prior. What was the truth? It had been some time since he'd considered the possibility, ever since he stopped feeling that northern wind.[break][break]

"I'd be lying if I said that hadn't been the case in the past. I assumed that Suicune was watching me, vetting me, for such a thing. Now? I'm not so sure." He hesitated for a moment, thinking through his feelings on the subject as they came. "If they offered, I would accept. However, I'm not seeking it out, no."[break][break]

He hadn't lied to Kyle before, he hoped they would understand he wasn't lying now.[break][break]

"I have all the strength I need on my own, I honestly only care about their wellbeing."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
GOLD
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 2:32:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"they're loyal to the ho-oh that brought them back to life, not just any ho-oh, i think." that's what kyle thinks, given what he can gleans through his connection with his patron. "relying on that would be a form of deception, but, hmm, i'm just being pessimistic about this. don't mind me."

it never met up with him, after all. if what rowan says is true, then it should have approached him, or at least entei. as it stands, he's just another person of this realm in its eyes.

the validity of his claims can be decided after a few confirmation calls later. he supposed he can take the objective facts as truths, although the subjective ones remain up in the air.

"anyways, if that's the case, then let me know when and where you want to meet suicune," he offers. "if you haven't decided yet, then i guess you can just message me. any of those names you mentioned should have my personal number."

there's a big chance he won't look at his work contacts after all.