Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
Someone's always criticizing. You might as well do what the fuck you want.
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Howling Good Time [M][O]
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 2:15:16 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"][attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
The digs were pretty sweet. Madd didn’t mind admitting it. The fact that it had great Wi-Fi already put it above any bed and breakfast she’d seen. The place even had two comfy beds in each suite. In other words, it was a big upgrade from any place her ex had taken her. If stuff kept going like this, the Rocket might even leave them a 5-star review.

Breakfast was pretty nice too. Sure, it might have been kind of basic, but it came with a show. The proprietors of the place cooked right in the open. They shoved lab-grown sausage in her face while filling up the plate with way too many eggs. Through it all, the two bickered like an old married couple. Which, duh, they were. The only downside was the tiny, uncomfortable chair. It made her feel like an oversized teddy bear in a dollhouse.

A cup of coffee was sat in front of her, another given to Yakuza. “Thanks.” She stated simply, forcing herself to choke down the black-as-night sludge. Luckily, before the family arguments turned personal and touched on who gave whom syphilis, the ginger glanced at her phone. “I have to head out, but I appreciate breakfast.” Judging by the way Yakuza licked both their plates clean, so did the Obstagoon. “I’ll catch you later.” With a wave at her elderly hosts, she made her way to the assigned meeting place.

Apparently, roaming packs of canine Pokemon had been causing trouble lately. Which Madd totally understood. The ‘small’ town looked to be expanding into the surrounding forest. So, the dogs were trying to fight back. Still, she couldn’t have them running off with any babies or livestock—at least not when city council was slinging around hundreds. Judging by the fact that she had a partner, she wasn’t the only greedy bastard around.

She blinked back a yawn. She wasn’t used to getting up this early. “Good morning. I’m Madd. That furball’s Yakky.” Madd greeted from a few yards back, careful not to startle them. Years with her high-strung cousin taught her the importance of flight and fight. “Take it you’re here for the dogs too?” A small backpack was slung over her shoulder, full of cheap used balls and treats. The Obstagoon serving as her shadow, meanwhile, carried a sturdy catch pole.

Madd took a moment to light up a stale cigarette. “It kind of sucks.” Her shoulders lifted in a shrug. “But it’s better than leaving them here.” After all, one bad bite and this town would probably break out the pitch forks. Small town fucking charm, right.

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]

@open

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

@open
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AF6D28; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #D89654; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #CC7D2F;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #191919;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #CC7D2F;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
Howling Good Time [M][O]
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 4:06:11 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Another outing, another chance to procure some kind of data from the many odd jobs around Hoenn. Soyeon had been drowning herself in work again and felt the need to get a bit of sunlight and fresh air while the woman would spot a posting about a fellow Rocket in need of some assistance dealing with some kind of dark-type issue. According to the ad, it seemed fairly easy enough. Just culling the herd of canine Pokemon that had been causing trouble, or at least making sure they got the hint to stay away. Plus, it might be fun to find some kind of stretching for Vacoule. The little guy needed some time to stretch his legs. With a quick flick of the wrist and typing in a few details, Soyoen was off to go and meet her partner.

She arrived a few minutes after Madeline had, wearing her usual exterior ensemble. Just a regular kind of outfit when Soyeon needed to go kind of incognito for the time being. In her arms was a small Bulbasaur, looking as if he had just hatched a few weeks ago. At drawing closer to the woman, he'd let out a shrill but gleeful cry. Soyeon smiled at the brunette before he, offering a loose wave. "S-Sorry for the wait. We had to make a pit stop so Vacoule here could eat. But we're ready to assist you." The woman introduced herself and the Obstagoon behind her, both had interesting names. She'd look over both but then smile and give a short bow of the head. "I'm Soyeon, one of the scientists researching the Ultra Space program. It's nice to meet you two."

Her nose did crinkle up somewhat as she lit a cigarette, though the woman remained quiet about her distaste. Something about the stench of tobacco, the health risks it posed and the litter the butts here known for put her in the camp of "not very fond of". Still, she wasn't going to just abandon the mission over it. Madd gave a short description of their goal and motioned to the tools they had prepared. Simple enough, really. "I suppose it's better than just culling the packs. At least we can relocate these to a more proper environment when we're done. Where should we put the initial traps at? And what kind of bait will be be using?"

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Howling Good Time [M][O]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 1:45:30 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
Madd didn’t mind the wait. It gave her time to enjoy her cigarette. Something made easier by the puff-puff-pass game her and Yakky usually played. As the badger turned to face the newcomer, the redhead did the same.

Immediately, amber eyes dropped to the Bulbasaur. A smile curled pale lips upward as a sense of nostalgia filled her. Uncle Joel’s main Pokemon was a shy, nervous mess of a Venusaur. One who’d raised a dozen or so Bulbasaurs with her ‘wife’—a fiery, no-nonsense little Bellossom. The wave was met with a thumbs up and a head shake. “Don’t worry about it.” She shrugged. “I’ve got all day.” Now that she thought about it, she was never sure she’d said that and meant it before. Weird. “And kid’s stomachs don’t wait.”

At the introduction, the redhead bobbed her head. “The same to you guys.” Though looking at this prim and proper woman (not so different from how she used to be), it wasn’t clear why she was here in the first place. Why skip out on the lab to scrap in the middle of nowhere? “Space stuff sounds cool. The monsters, not so much.” Though she wouldn’t call herself a coward, the idea of Ultra Beasts filled her with dread. Those things were freaky.

Madd stared out at the woods as she pondered the question. “The locals say there’s a den nearby. I’d want to find that first.” The second question drew a grin. From her bag, she drew out a one-pound bag of lab-grown jerky. “As for bait, this jerky should work.” She shared a meaningful glance with her badger bud. “It did the trick with Yakuza.” The badger looked uncharacteristically somber momentarily, with red eyes full of love.

Not super comfy with the sappy atmosphere, the pair immediately broke eye contact. Madd’s cheeks pinkened. “Let’s head out.”

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#272727;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjermain b] color: #AF6D28; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain i] color: #D89654; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat; border-top: 6px solid #CC7D2F;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px; background-color: #191919;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;height:50px;background-color: #CC7D2F;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
Howling Good Time [M][O]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 1:08:04 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
The small Bulbasaur would stare back at Madd, letting out a cheerful "Bulba!" at the brown haired woman as Soyeon adjusted her stance to hold it perfectly. "This is Vacoule. I was jogging recently and I discovered an egg on the side of the road and wanted to keep it safe while I found its mother. I never did and decided to keep him as my little lab assistant." He did help in his own way, collecting papers or reports here and there, with his vines while sometimes making a mess of things, which Soyeon both adored from the sight and dreaded the eventual clean up. Thankfully she didn't seem to mind the way much while both would stand together. She gave her own little opinion on her area of study, which, fair enough. Most people didn't really have the best of opinions on Ultra Beasts, and she wasn't going to blame them.

Soyeon laughed a little to herself, maybe out of nervous habit or maybe she just found it ironic how she chose an area of study to get away from the danger that focused directly on it. "It's funny, really. They're powerful, fearsome creatures. Capable of destroying our world in every which way. And yet...they fascinate me. Perhaps it's just the beauty in something so terrifying. That even outside of our world, there exist some semblance of life out there." She offered her view, the glimmer of excitement in her eyes a clear example of her love for the subject. "Or maybe I just want to have one for myself. Either way, it's a passion of mine."

The plan was set and the two knew what they were going to do. The lavender haired woman gave a confident nod to Madd as she held up their supplies. She noted the way that Yakuza looked at the mention of how he and Madd had seemed to meet before smiling a little herself. "I can see why. He looks very strong for an Obstagoon like him." she sweet talked the Pokemon while following behind them. While she didn't exactly have the most properly trained team, she could at least offer her help in some way.

"I have a Decidueye should we need aerial recon or a sniper." she offered. "I can't imagine they'll be too inviting once they figure out what we're up to. Other than that, I only really have a lot of destructive options. Things that may have a bit of danger to the environment."

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Howling Good Time [M][O]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 3:02:14 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
Madd just grinned at the greeting. She wondered if Beau—her uncle’s Venusaur—had ever been this stinking cute. Since they’d been kids, she’d been a fully-evolved bulwark of warts and greenery. A surprisingly shy creature who leaned on her ‘wife’ for encouragement. "Nice to meet you, Vacuole.” Not wanting to seem dumb, the redhead didn’t ask what that name meant. Besides, she’d heard it before.

“That’s pretty similar to how I nabbed my Slugma.” Though, the guy literally shoved the egg at her. Apparently, his Magcargo and Goodra had laid a metric shit ton of eggs. So, he’d decided he’d be the Easter Bunny. By the time she processed what happened, the guy vanished from view. After convincing Yakuza it shouldn’t be made into an omelet, they took turns warming and hatching it. “She keep the heating bills down.” She was also the closest thing to a kid Madd figured she’d ever get.

The redhead listened in thoughtful silence. Her cigarette puffed out little tendrils of smoke. “Not that weird.” Her broad shoulders lifted n a shrug, her new bra pulled uncomfortably snug. “People love playing with fire. Tragedies get views.” That’s why there were so many people ogling car crashes out there. At the talk of extraterrestrials, Madd sighed. “It’s hard to trust things from outer space. I’ve seen Alien.” Ripley had been her first girl crush. They actually had a lot in common (mostly common sense). “I mean people can barely tolerate each other.”

The talk of wanting to bottle a hurricane made the redhead’s brow jerk up. It reminded her of Uncle Ethan. The man pushes the boundaries of science until reality itself might break. The way he experimented with people’s brains. “Just be careful not to get burned.”

At the compliment, the Obstagoon turned bashful. His muzzle dipped toward his chest as he turned to look at his muzzle. “He’s a beefy boy.” She reached out to ruffle his striped head, drawing a stuck-out tongue in return. “Most of that’s Doritos and soda though.” With a grumble, he mimed watermelons on his chest, clocking his head to the side. “Call me tits for brains again. I dare you.” Feigning fear, the badger looped back to duck behind Soyeon.

“My Crobat can join them. Probably carry off some of the smaller dogs.” A few of those could fit in the medium-sized kennels. At the talk of destruction, she let her eyes drift across the forest. “Yeah, I’m like that too. Teenage me didn’t touch it if it didn’t hit like a truck.” Which, as she stepped over a Drilburr bone, she regretted.

A grass whistle would make a world of difference right now.

@open
close tab

played by

junkohz

she/her
twenty-five
July 17
Driftveil City
Closeted Lesbian
Scientist
grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
194 posts
soyeon kwan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @soyeon
soyeon kwan
Howling Good Time [M][O]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 2:36:59 GMT
soyeon kwan Avatar
Vacoule would let out a cheerful "Bulba!" in response to the other woman's greeting. Soyeon smiled at the auburn haired girl, curious about how she even acquired her Slugma Pokemon. With an amused look, she'd grin and shuffle her stance around to make her baby a bit more comfortable. "It's a bit shocking how some eggs just end up lost from their mothers or owners. Vacoule's just lucky I had free access to an incubator." she explained about her little bundle of joy. The joke about saving on heating was fairly humorous, as the woman had wondered about the perks of a fire type in the colder climates. Ignis did a pretty good job at that when he was with her in the wintery areas of Hoenn, although she'd have to wonder about shoving a Charizard inside of a furnace.

Maddie seemed to comment about the danger of Ultra Beasts in a sort of blunt way. Not that Soyeon could disagree, as the scientist chuckled at the reply. "I suppose you're right. They wouldn't be so beautiful without the dangerous element associated with them. I'm partial to Buzzswole or Necrozma myself. Such impressive strength and terrifying opponents..." Soyeon looked to be on the cusp of another rant while the scent of a cigarette would remind her of her status in the conversation. Maddie wasn't interrupted by such, however, as the timid woman had neither the courage or will to ask her to put it out. She did warn her to take caution in her work, although it fell somewhat on deaf ears. Pushing limits was how people grew, after all. Such was the same method of thinking that Soyeon applied to her work. "I'll be fine, I assure you. Besides, you're more important anyway. Us scientists are expendable..."

The Obstagoon seemed to enjoy her praise, the woman laughed softly again as her tired eyes fell onto his beefy body. Him and his trainer bickered like siblings, a trait that Soyeon admired. As he ducked behind her after giving Maddie a somewhat lewd nickname, she'd quickly go to shower his furry head in affection. Galarian Zigzagoons had always been among her favorite Pokemon for their contrasting design. She wished to have one of her own one day. "Such a good boy." she cooed, hands combing through his black and white fur. "I bet you're the toughest one of Maddie's team, aren't you?~" Vacoule, not one to sit out on pets, would protest this by using his smaller vines to reach out to Maddie and brush against her hand in hopes that she'd find some way to pet him. "Bulbasaur!" Soyeon threw out another Pokemon from her belt, tossing out Artemis as the Decidueye would walk along with them ,though keeping to the trees above.

They continued on the way as the two quickly came to a halt as Artemis would sense something nearby. Her wings shot up, creating a vine as a quill was nocked and ready to fire at a moment's notice. She spoke down to the humans below, her vision all around while trying to find the target. "It seems like something's nearby." The Deciidueye looked all about as the bushes around them began to shake as the sound of growling could be heard.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Madd
She/Her
April 1
Circester
Asexual
Tackle Shop Manager
Grunt
Got My Wingman
Ace's Basses
34 height
34 height
awards
212 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maddmckenna
Madeline McKenna
Howling Good Time [M][O]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 23:30:15 GMT
Madeline McKenna Avatar
[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]The redhead grinned at the Bulbasaur’s greeting. It’d been a while since any of her Pokemon were that cute. Now, they mostly checked the monstrous box on the application. “I’m guessing it’s easier to lose an egg than a baby.” The latter made noise—lots of it. Eggs just kind of sat there. At the talk of incubators, Madd winced. “Yeah, I wasn’t that lucky. I just kept it wrapped in a ton of blankets. Probably why she’s so ‘deliberative.’” Still, she wouldn’t trade the Magcargo for all the money in the world. She loved weirdoes.

Of all of them, Blacephalon and Nihelego creeped her out the most. The former was a clown, and she knew better than to ever trust one of those. The latter, meanwhile, was just some brainless, hopeless thing. It felt like some cheap imitation of life rather than life itself. Buzzswole, meanwhile, was just some brainless bug jock. “Oh? Sure you’re just not into bug six-packs?” Necrozma though, well, she’d had enough of that guzzling moth for ten lifetimes. “Wait, opponents? You’ve thrown down with them before?” Maybe the scientist wasn’t all egghead. At that statement, a brow went up. “Me? Nah, I’m just cannon fodder. Pretty sure I’m not even sure I’m on the roster anymore.” And, with each day that went by, she was tempted to leave. “Without you guys, we wouldn’t be exploring alternate dimensions.”

But then, like a ghost from a low-budget flick, that scared teenager at her core reminded her that it was dangerous. It asked her just to keep coasting for a few more days. It reminded her that not all the stuff she did actually ]hurt anybody. Except for the time she—shit. Down the hatch went a bear.

The Obstagoon practically purred when the scientist patted his head Out of sight of his fan, he flipped his trainer the bird. A gesture among them that was practically equivalent to a handshake. “Goooon.” At the praise, he nodded vigorously. His muscles flexed. Did this lady see these tripods or whatever? He was rpped. “He’s more of a lover than a fighter.” Honestly, she didn’t know how he’d gotten those muscles. The most strenuous thing he did most days was throw a cheese ball at the TV when someone guessed wrong on The Price Is Right.

As the vines tugged her hand back, the ginger-haired woman grinned. It didn’t take much begging for her to give his head an affectionate little rub. This ended, however, when the woods around them began to sake. Yakuza stepped in front of Soyeon—some part of him tempted to hide behind her. His claws lit up red as he let out a Snarl.

The bushes before them exploded as three dogs broke through—three very small dogs. The Lillipup, a Fidough, and Growlithe snarled. Yakuza, meanwhile snorted. One muscular foot drew back, imitating the motion of a kicked football.

NOTES

Their opponents appear...in the form of puppies?

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights