Ashley Shepard
where does your strength come from? [m]
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 23:29:51 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

"Again."[break][break]

The little gooey slug makes their way onto the grass, rolling around like a ball of fun and energy. The little Goomy stopping short in front of Ashley, and deflating a bit, before sucking in air, and attempting to harden their gooey composition in a PROTECT... finding it difficult, nigh impossible to keep the form going, before re-deflating.[break][break]

"Don't sweat it, Laguna. It's a process. Come here buddy." Ruffling the goo with his hands, he pulls Laguna to a small hug.[break][break]

Those few hours inside of the Ultra Sea had taught him something important. Offense was fine, sure, but... defensive maneuvers were a survival necessity. So, he had begun training Pokemon little by little. Today, Laguna was going to learn how to protect itself. If things go wrong, he NEEDED that safety.[break][break]

No more Draco Meteors redirected. Sometimes, the best defense... was a good defense.[break][break]

Placing Laguna in his arms, he hoisted the little guy up, and tossed him into the air and caught him. The cute little goo boy plops down onto his arms, and stays there lackadaisily, giddy and happy.[break][break]

... like a bat or a bear he once knew. Ashley's eyes prick a tear.[break][break]

Shit.[break][break]

Wiping his face a little, he just lays there, decompressing in the wilds, letting his mind go. Some rest and relaxation would do them all some good.

[break][break]

NOTES

- MISSION[break]
- Attempting to teach Laguna the Goomy PROTECT. It's going not so well.[break]
- Decides to take a break. Remembers what happens when he failed Bass AND Jelly.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 13:00:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]After scouting the edges of the Border's rift again like the little worrywart she is, Eris figures that taking a little detour to destress before heading on back can't hurt. The air of Route 101 is rather pleasant compared to the tense streets of Littleroot, the gentle chirping of creatures mixed with the whistling wind produces a symphony seldom heard by man.[break][break]

But not all is peaceful within these woods - A soft pang of emotions tickles at her heart, attempts to grab her attention as it pulls her towards the sounds of life. It's not where she must be, but she's quick to follow the hints, led across tiny streams and over fallen stumps by a Luxray that knows what may lie ahead.[break][break]

And she'll be graced with that knowledge soon enough, her gaze falling upon a rather melancholic sight just as wipes away his tears. Courtesy tells her to stop, to remain quiet for a moment to let him gather his wits about him. Then, when he's moreso lost in his thoughts, she'll dare to speak up, a faint smile tugging at her lips as she waves.[break][break]

"Whatcha doing out here?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 5:54:26 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Hearing a voice, Ashley immediately sits up, wiping at his face. Showing weakness was a problem. He can't be seen like this, by anyone. No one deserved to see this side.[break][break]

... when did he start thinking that way?[break][break]

Maybe he had been dealt more emotional damage than he thought... Laguna's eyes are sad, as the little goo boy rolls off of Ashley, deflating and becoming a small pile on the grass, as Ash realizes who it is.[break][break]

"Oh... Eris." He wipes at his face again. "I was... just relaxing." That wasn't true, and no matter how convincing he wanted it to be, it wasn't a quarter-honest. So with a sigh, he corrects himself. "I'm... teaching Laguna how to use Protect."[break][break]

He doesn't think he needs to go into a reason, but with a solemn smile, he asks the same.[break][break]

"You?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- MISSION[break]
- Ash attempts to cover his weakness, wiping at his eyes. Laguna looks sad.[break]
- Ash explains he was teaching Laguna how to use Protect. And ponders on Eris why she's here.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 1:30:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Liar - The word echoes in her head but doesn't quite make it off the tip of her tongue.[break][break]

"I see..." Instead she meanders a little closer, plopping down beside him as Reiner follows suit. And the Luxray will look towards Laguna, offering a soft growl as he resists the urge the nudge the little blob. "I was just exploring." As she usually does. "Saw you over here and I had a bunch of time to spare so..."[break][break]

Idle hands reach out for Reiner's mane, running through with an almost hypnotic rhythm. Fur soft as silk will speak nothing of the uneven scars that mar his skin.[break][break]

"Reiner's had a whole bunch of experience fighting. And I have a bunch of pokemon that know how to use Protect. Maybe we can help Laguna train?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 20:49:18 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Eris' prescence does lighten the load a little, but it has him hold it in when he knows he doesn't have to. Laguna can even tell, to such a point that the gooey being would ignore the growl, and attempt to give the most gooey-hug to his trainer. Turning his gaze towards the Luxray...[break][break]

Hearing she had time to spare, he nods. "Thanks uh... Eris."[break][break]

He's quiet for a long, long moment as she speaks again. He has to ponder which way to take it. Tell her to scram? No, not on his life. Eris was like a little sister he always wanted. Like the half-sister he would never want to know. So instead... he gives a smile at her offer.[break][break]

"That'd be nice. Laguna is attempting to rapidly harden the goo on his body, but throwing pebbles at him, he still gets hit. Dunno what's wrong." He ruffles the... gooey... goo on Laguna, who gives a tiny sigh, the little scrimbly deflating back on grass.[break][break]

Ash shrugs. "So. How we do?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- MISSION[break]
- Laguna attempts to help with goo hug.[break]
- Ash agrees to the help, and inquires to Eris how will they attempt to help little Laguna?

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 7:41:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's an awkward silence that hangs when he thanks her. Is she supposed to say you're welcome? But offering help wasn't really anything special.[break][break]

She's quick to latch onto his next few sentences like a Mareanie to a Corsola, but the scenario he poses somewhat stumps her.[break][break]

"Like... armour?" Her head cocks, mirroring Reiner's very own confusion. "I know when my pokemon try to protect themselves, they make use of things they can control... like a psychic barrier, maybe even like a dense wall of air."[break][break]

The Luxray raises a brow, letting out a curious note as he tries to imagine it.[break][break]

"For Reiner, he just tries his best to dodge or immobilise. But I guess in Laguna's case... is it cos hardening the slime on his body means he has to shed it and bring out a new coat? What if he blew a big ol' bubble and made that solidify instead?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 0:45:36 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Awkward as the silence is, as Ash ruffles the gooey slug, Eris does cock her head at the idea of the protect itself, and her idea was a little more nuanced than Ash's own. Rolling the idea of blowing a bubble to solidify... he turns to Laguna.[break][break]

"Wanna give it a shot, bud?" The little guy begins to scurry forward, and in Ash's grasp, another pebble.[break][break]

Listening to Eris, maybe this would work out! As the little Goomy begins to pull up its sludge to blow a bubble like bubble gum, Ashley tosses the pebble at the bubble.[break][break]

And like gum, it gets caught in that bubble, before it pops altogether.[break][break]

Ash's jaw hangs loose. Eris was right on the first time. It was a matter of perspective. Scratching his cheek, he turns with a smile towards her. "That seemed to work out a lot better... still think it could use work, but... it's a start!"[break][break]

Laguna, in his own little happiness, begins blowing many, many, gooey bubbles into the air, a little dance creating now pouring rain. RAIN DANCE. And Ashley didn't bring an umbrella.[break][break]

"H... happy for you, buddy."[break][break]

How could he be mad at that little slug man? Shooting Eris a smile at least, even in the new rain, he starts laughing. Jelly would have loved this. A tear begins to stream down his face.[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- MISSION[break]
- After the suggestion, Ashley has Laguna use Protect by making a bubble. It works![break]
- He uses RAIN DANCE to celebrate! And Ashley looks to Eris happy... remembers a Pokemon... and is smile-crying. YAY!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 21:16:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Huh... So her theory had held way more weight than the thought she put into it. Though she's still a little stunned by the results, the joy that spreads on Ashley's face is infectious and she soon finds herself...[break][break]

Horribly conflicted as the rain begins to pour. Not because she's upset at getting soaked, but rather at the fact that Ashley... is probably crying in the midst of all this. Common sense says that she has to pretend she doesn't see it, right? But it won't stop the prickling sensation in her heart, nor will it stop her from moving a little closer -[break][break]

Watch his personal space.[break][break]

Reaching out, she does what's always been done for her: A gentle headpat for both Laguna and Ashley as she smiles.[break][break]

"You did good, you two."[break][break]

Thank you for staying alive.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 4:04:01 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

It's...[break][break]

It's like a dam that is ready to burst wide open. In an instant, he can feel the holes in it, the water coming out. The floodgate keeps it in, but water still pushes through. He can feel it like a corrosion to the chest. He can feel the full weight of it now. The memory really does hit him.[break][break]

When Eris comes to pat them both, Laguna happily squishes back, making the odd squelching noise goo does. But Ashley wipes at his face.[break][break]

And his thoughts are plagued now.[break][break]

"... I'm teaching him protect... so I can keep others from dying."[break][break]

It took letting them die, and taking lives countless times, for Ashley to realizes the pain that it was. How valuable it is. How they threw their lives for him time. After time. After time. After time after time after time after time. In some regards, Ashley would have thought he didn't deserve it on Mt. Pyre.[break][break]

Even his had value though.[break][break]

Laguna hugs into Ashley, staining his clothes, as he beats the ground.[break][break]

"I'm so tired of failing. If I can just save one life instead of taking so many more..." His voice crumbles away, and now as the Rain Dance stops... Ashley's silver eyes let it out. How many times had he failed? It wasn't him who saved in the Borders, it was and @tempest. It was him who saved Isaac, but the blood he spilled wasn't worth it. He couldn't even save himself. Landon () took away that possibility. He had to be saved everytime, or let someone else do it.[break][break]

The floodgate breaks. And he begins to sob.[break][break]

He was useless.

[break][break]

NOTES

- MISSION[break]
- Ashley is breaking slowly. At the pat. He confesses why he's training Laguna. To keep others from dying. How naive.[break]
- He wants to just save... one person. Instead of taking a life, he just wants to save one. That's all. He laments his failings.[break]
- Geez... that got heavy.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 12:15:49 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Because he wants to keep others from dying. Because he failed before. Because he'd like to save someone for once instead. Not every bit of pain he lays out for her is something that she can grasp but she tries her best, if only to question herself how best to try and comfort him.[break][break]

But then he starts to cry. He starts to cry over a problem that she herself has faced, that she herself has no real answer to. It's because they're weak, it's because they're unprepared, but try as they might to change it, they'll bound to stumble over failure time and time again.[break][break]

She can't even lie here. She can't bring herself to say that everything's going to be alright, because nothing ever seems to go their way. People are going to die whether or not they try, and there are times where they simply won't have the strength to protect those they care for [break][break]

"You're trying..." Crouching down, she pulls him into a hug and holds him tight. "You're trying your best."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 2:53:27 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Nothing Eris could have said could have stopped it, but ti felt nice to at least be hugged, and helped through this. Even so, as he looks to the sky, his face matted in a combination of his tears and his sorrow, and the chilling spring rain, he sobs more. He can't stop. It won't ever stop.[break][break]

He can't even save a single person.[break][break]

He can't do anything himself.[break][break]

He was a failure.[break][break]

It's like a roaring lion, letting it all out, letting every bit of his heart burn and bleed, as he tries, he desperately tries to stop the freefall that was agony. He let it consume him. Blood and death was all he knew. It was all he ever knew. Suffering. It let him be more, but in its own corrosive embrace, it had warped him too. Even his dreams. He started this wanting to own an orphanage one day.[break][break]

Now he was a warped person too. And he got to exemplify that fact. Every bit of blood. Over. And over. And over. And over again.[break][break]

He couldn't save a single person. Pokemon or human. His best wasn't enough.[break][break]

It did comfort him though... Eris was helping.

[break][break]

NOTES

- MISSION[break]
- It really is a terrible day for rain. Sobbing isn't stopping.[break]
- Might not seem like its helping, but it is.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 1:07:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's almost a sacred moment, to witness a person at their weakest as they allow the thoughts that they've ignored for so long simply consume them all at once. It's catharsis, it's rot, it's that explosive moment that she watches him trip and stumble through.[break][break]

Words like 'you'll be alright' feel so pitifully weak, so painfully insincere in the face of everything. No 'things will get better' or 'have faith'. Nothing about whether she's certain that he'll be able to do it the next time, or whether he's already strong enough that things will change. If she were in Ashley's shoes, she wouldn't have wanted to hear it - False promises, hopeful words that would ultimately end with her being burnt by the light. But she doesn't know his heart, she doesn't understand what it's like to be him, to feel what he feels.[break][break]

You won't be able to save everyone...[break][break]

That is the painful truth of this world, and one that she knows everyone has to face at some point in their lives. Whether they accept such a notion or not, it'll continue to happen time and time again. And so she can only offer him that hug, hold him close as if she's the only thing keeping him from literally shattering into pieces.[break][break]

At least, until he's ready to get back onto his feet and move forwards - No matter how unsightly or unsteady his attempt might be.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 6:35:52 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

It takes him a little longer to finally get himself together. It isn't enough. It can't be enough. It'll never be enough. It comes. It finally goes. And with it, he finally stops the sobs.[break][break]

Ashley wanted to be a hero once a long time ago in the orphanage. He remembered it. It felt like it had been locked away, incapable of being in his memory with what he had done, with the lives he had taken. But he did. He remembered wearing an old used bedsheet like a cape and fighting kids twice his size in the orphanage at the tender age of eight. He remembered how much pain he was in trying to rescue this one girl's dolls from these bullies.[break][break]

He remembered the comics that inspired him.[break][break]

The world is so much crueler than that memory, but for a moment, he could feel his younger self say it openly, like it had been a mantra to little Ash. I want to protect everyone. Just you watch me.[break][break]

He never did get that one girl's doll back. Even a failure back then. But the thing about failure, is that every failure builds and builds and builds. He failed dozens of times to get it back from those bullies, so much so that eventually, they got so tired of kicking the shit out of Ash, they gave it to her. Her smile was the world to him.[break][break]

The only necessity for success is the willingness to suffer one-thousand failures.[break][break]

Ashley had no talent. He tried and failed, and failed, and failed. But in every failure, he kept building higher and higher. He couldn't do it naturally, and each time he pushed over the edge, he failed more. The loss against Farhan. The slanted victory, yet terrible failure against and in Meteno, the latter winning the second time. The failure against to win in their mock battle, and even the one against . The failure to help 's heart attack in the Borders with Isaac and . The battle against in Ultra Sea. The lighthouse duel with . The battle on Slateport Beach against . Every last one of those battles, he lost, to some degree, even if the end result was slightly favorable. Each battle, he kept pushing it. He kept gaining more knowledge, and growing. He learned. He embodied effort.[break][break]

Compared to him now, he was nowhere close to the man he was after he left Kanto all those years ago.[break][break]

He lets go of Eris. He wipes his face. Laguna, who squelches nearby, stays in his hoodie pocket, and Ash finally speaks as he stands.[break][break]

"Sorry Eris. Bit of a weak moment there." The hint of the smile was coming back. The lowest moment finally turning around, as he places a hand on her head, ruffling up her hair. "I'm... I'll be okay."

[break][break]

NOTES

- MISSION[break]
- Ashley memory! YAY! MEMORIES![break]
- He stands up, Laguna in his hoodie pocket... he smiles. Is this a turning point?

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,745 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 22:33:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The way she realises how others have begun to make that first step always begins with the scariest thing - He lets go of her and with that, she realises that she needs to let go too.[break][break]

"Nuh uh, don't be sorry." Her expressions are a mirror, a smile glossing over her lips even though she tethers on the edge of a grimace. "Just know that I'll always be there for you. yeah? And if you falter, I'll have your back."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 6:10:52 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

If he falters... she'll be there.[break][break]

That makes Ashley smile wider, as he relaxes a little. He finally lets his muscles just... go. And he nods. "Yeah?" If she'd be there, it would make him feel better.[break][break]

So he responds by saying something he always knew.[break][break]

"I've always been weak... so I look forward to that. Really." He tries to gives a big smile, Laguna once again squelching in his jacket, as he ruffles the little goop. "Thanks, Eris."[break][break]

Laguna burps up a bubble of sticky goo, letting it float in the air for a couple minutes, as Ash just stares at it, right there. Indigestion? Huh... he pokes at it, and realizes he can't... it won't let him touch the ball of goo. He raises a brow.[break][break]

Huh. Bubble Goo Protect shield... Wild shit.

[break][break]

NOTES

- MISSION[break]
- Eris really does make him feel better. Even if Ash knows he's a weakling, he accepts it. And is glad to have Eris in his life.[break]
- Laguna burps a goo bubble as a PROTECT. Yo. That's craycray.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]