black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
so sweet with a mean streak. cigarette daydream.
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 1:30:51 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","damien-wrap"]
[attr="class","damien-main"]
[attr="class","damien-words"]

He hated this fucking submarine.[break][break]

It smelled like shit. Was cramped as a motherfucker. No personal space unless you wanted to try your luck out in the drink. And it represented one of the things hated most — his obligation to ROCKET.[break][break]

There was no two ways about it. He was ROCKET's bitch. He shat where he was told, barked on command, was kept on a fucking tight ass leash. All that shit and more. [break][break]

All because he had a family to feed back home.[break][break]

Something was different today though. Usually he kept his head down and was given the low level grunt work, which was fine. He didn't want anyone to know him here. [break][break]

Yet for some reason one of the big bosses called him up. Cillian fucking Quinn, of all the motherfucking brass on this tin can. The stronzo with the creepy as shit bird thing.[break][break]

"Ya wanted to see me... sir?" Damien asked, sitting up straight in one of the two free chairs in the room. The other was dangling above a drain in the floor. Great. Cool, cool, cool.

[attr="class","damien-notes"]

[newclass=.damien-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.damien-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 13:46:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Like , Cillian hated the submarine.[break][break]

Their list of similarities seemed to end there.[break][break]

He didn't know much about the grunt, other than what was listed in his file. A transfer from Unova since a couple years back. No family associated with the organization itself, which meant they were prime targets for a pressure point should he need one.[break][break]

He doesn't miss the rigidity of anxiety in the other's posture, nor the way his attention catches on the drain in the floor.[break][break]

He was nervous. Good.[break][break]

"There have been several shifts in our ranks, following our victory at Dewford." Cillian's cheek is marked with an ugly red scar. "Your previous supervisor is presumed dead." It was possible he'd defected to the League. Either way, he was no longer around to perform his duties. "One of my spies has similarly gone missing. Your file," Cillian taps idly at the closed manila on his desk, "suggests you might be good at that sort of thing."[break][break]

He almost makes it sound like a choice. It's the chill and PRESSURE in the air that suggest otherwise.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 DOUBT

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 19:37:58 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

’s office was like one of those fake haunted houses you went to on Halloween to get drunk and mess around. Except all the gimmicks were real, like the freezing temperature and the scary as shit atmosphere. It had the hair on the back of Damien’s arms standing on end, his eyes darting around at the shadowed corners.[break][break]

When Cillian spoke, however, the grunt’s attention snapped back onto him.[break][break]

Good, Damien had almost confessed aloud when hearing of his superior officer, but stopped himself. That guy had been the biggest asshole. He was glad he was gone, whether that meant dead or defected. It impacted him the same either way.[break][break]

Uh.. a spy?” Damien’s hesitance was obvious.[break][break]

I mean, I’m decent at nabbin’ things. My old job had me doin’ that pretty regular.” It wasn’t a far leap from thief to spy, so it was understandable that the underboss had brought it up. Not that Damien wanted anything to do with espionage bullshit.

[newclass=.damien-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.damien-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 16:11:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

's hesitation is noted... and immediately dismissed. It was never a choice. Cillian's softness toward those who work beneath him has been challenged and betrayed. It leaves him bitter, hardened against the empathy that has brought him only heartbreak.[break][break]

"Then I expect you'll perform well in this new role."[break][break]

Cillian flips open the folder on the desk, appearing to scan its contents. In truth, he knows every word. He'd reviewed the file before the grunt had ever set foot in his office. This was a performance, nothing more.[break][break]

"Your old job," he muses, eyes flicking up to pin the grunt once more beneath a golden gaze. "Tell me more about it. Who did you work with? Why did you leave?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 DOUBT

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 16:46:05 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

“Oh. Uh…” Damien trailed off, swallowing hard. His pride was a tough pill to choke down. “Sure. Right. Yes, sir.”[break][break]

Internally, there were all sorts of expletives bouncing off the walls of his skull. Spy shit sounded a hell of a whole lot harder than just simple grunt work or even regular thieving. Didn’t they usually want smarter bastards for this sort of job?? Arceus, he was going to fucking get himself killed at this rate.[break][break]

A bead of sweat trickled from his brow down to his jawline as Damien continued to face . He wondered if that was it – a quick reassignment conversation and then he could get the hell out of here.[break][break]

But nope. Underboss Quinn wanted to delve into his past. [break][break]

Shit.[break][break]

All could think about was . [break][break]

I can’t let him know about Frank.[break][break]

It was just a side gig, mostly. A go-between for shady business deals. People knew they could trust me to keep my mouth shut.” He explained, his eyes trailing toward the drain in the floor as he tried to be as vague as possible. “Sometimes I would snag shi– stuff they wanted to blackmail a client or something.”[break][break]

Damien started to pick at his fingers. It seemed like an unconscious gesture, but one that he did often judging by the state of his cuticles.[break][break]

I worked with some higher-ups in this financial firm. They got arrested so I had to find something new to make ends meet.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 23:30:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Satisfaction kindles deep in his eyes as Damien submits.[break][break]

Good.[break][break]

Cillian doesn't miss the other's wandering gaze, the underbosses own not relenting for a moment. Once, he might've sought to put the younger man at ease. No longer. He is as cold and unyielding as his office.[break][break]

"You can curse," he says idly, and then, "Have you kept tabs on those you worked with? Perhaps they might be of use to us as well."[break][break]

The League didn't look kindly upon criminals, but Rocket would welcome them home.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 DOUBT

close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 2:07:28 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

's gaze bore holes into Damien's skull. He could practically feel the intensity radiating off the underboss. It was suffocating – and fucking creepy.[break][break]

Despite that, the grunt's seafoam eyes wandered back up to meet Cillian's own, thinking that his deceptions would be more convincing if they made eye contact.[break][break]

"Uuuh.. not really.." He lied. Was it believable to someone like Cil? Probably not.[break][break]

"I think most of them are still in jail..." That one was kind of true.[break][break]

As for whether or not any of those rich bastards would be of any use...[break][break]

"I'm not sure, boss. They mostly handled money shit. Just wanted to line their pockets." Which, to be fair, ROCKET also wanted to do.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 18:44:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian doesn't believe him for a second.[break][break]

"You were loyal enough they knew you'd keep your mouth shut," says the underboss, leaning forward slightly in his chair, "and yet not loyal enough to keep in touch? Mm. Which part was the lie, I wonder?"[break][break]

might not be seated in the chair above the drain, but his consciousness of its presence has not gone unnoticed.[break][break]

"I do not abide by liars within my ranks."[break][break]

He lets that settle between them, to see what Damien might do.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 DOUBT

close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 19:39:08 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

Caught red-handed in his lie, Damien’s gaze wavered once again. [break][break]

The chair above the drain was starting to look more and more menacing as Cillian applied added pressure. What the fuck did ‘not abide’ mean? Like, a slap on the wrist? Murder? Torture? Fuck…[break][break]

He...” Damien hesitated, unsure if he should be truthful despite the underboss’ threat. In the end, he conceded. And every word felt like shit as they left his lips.[break][break]

...He’s trying to stay clean now that he’s out of jail.”[break][break]

Was that necessarily true? No. But in Damien’s mind, had promised not to do anymore shit that could land him back in the clink. Working for definitely qualified.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
friends in high places
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 18:22:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

In truth, Cillian had not thought so far as to decide a punishment for the lies. That was the art of interrogation, after all. Why waste his energy on an elaborate scheme when the mere threat of some unknown punishment was enough to make his opponent crumble?[break][break]

He does not smile, but the satisfaction gleams in his eyes.[break][break]

"Clean," Cillian echoes, playing dumb. "Does he have a drug problem?"[break][break]

Clean from crime, the underboss suspects, but best to pull as much information from as he could.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 DOUBT

close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
friends in high places
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 3:16:17 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

A drug problem? visibly bristled at the accusation. [break][break]

"Fuck no. He wouldn't do that shit." knew how Damien detested hard drugs after all the awful shit his parents put him through because of their addictions. [break][break]

"He's... ya know, not breakin' the law anymore. On the straight and narrow. He's got kids to think abou–" Fuck. That was a little more information than he needed to divulge. [break][break]

"A-anyway... he's not that useful. Mostly just has a big mouth that gets him into trouble."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
friends in high places
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 5:52:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian mutes his triumph as Damien stumbles into his trap.[break][break]

A sore spot, he notes. Interesting.[break][break]

Without any further prodding from Cillian, offers the smoking gun solution to 's freedom. Kids. People would do anything to protect their kids. One of the many reasons Cillian never wants his own. They were a liability.[break][break]

"But is he doing well for himself? For the kids?"[break][break]

Surely, Damien would realise he's stepped in it now.[break][break]

"The League has never been the most merciful to a reformed convict." He hums in his throat. "But Rocket could protect him from their judgements, the shackles they've placed upon him. Why wouldn't you want such a thing, for a friend so dear?"[break][break]

After all, you didn't react with such passion about a stranger.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 DOUBT

close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
friends in high places
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 18:52:02 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

SHIT. Why was this going so badly??? Fuck and his creepy ass vibes!!![break][break]

Okay. It's fine. Maybe he got more out of Damien than intended, but there was no way he'd weasel 's name out of him. That was the hard line.[break][break]

"He's doing fine." He'd even started a business as soon as he got to Hoenn, though Damien didn't offer this bit of information. His new tactic now was to stonewall the crap out of Cillian. [break][break]

was fucking Fort Knox!!! Or at least he hoped his expressionless face came off that way.[break][break]

"Kids are fine. Ex-wife is—" Shit. "—fine. I don't think he needs Rocket's... help."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
friends in high places
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 11:36:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Sharp and searching, Cillian's gaze never wavers.[break][break]

Ex-wife. What happened there, I wonder? He doesn't ask. 's rambling enough to fill the silence for him, volunteering information the underboss hadn't even asked for. Fear was a fantastic motivator, after all.[break][break]

"Is he happy, this friend of yours?"[break][break]

It couldn't be a pleasant life, being an ex-con in such a suspicious region.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 DOUBT

close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
friends in high places
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 1:12:10 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

Happy?[break][break]

That wasn't something Damien had thought about for awhile. Not for himself, anyway. He was too busy hustling in the dirt and trying to make a living to be truly happy.[break][break]

But ?[break][break]

"The guy sure fucking acts like it all the time."[break][break]

Frank always had that easy air about him, like nothing could fucking touch him. Even when he'd come to Hoenn, stripped of his family and his old life in Unova, the guy was all smiles. He only wavered when Damien was about to cut him off...[break][break]

Shit. Don't think about that. Can't let the boss see you with a fuckin' hard-on, dumbass.