Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
Investments For The Future
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 7:55:36 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","postwrap naia"]

[attr="class","postpoke"]

[attr="class","postflower"]
[attr="class","postquote"]
Dinner with contracts
[attr="class","postnotes"][break]
[break][break]NOTES:[break][break][break][break]

- - -

[attr="class","posttext"]

Naia could feel the cold fingers of her mother's fingers across her throat, slowly but surely tightening their hold on her. This was obviously not in a physical sense, however, she was, without a doubt, suffocating. With each and every step Naia took toward her freedom did her mother's claws dig deeper; every one of Naia's accomplishments was rewarded with more duties and chains. Just days prior Naia was reached out to for having a dinner with a potential business prospect, and as the days steadily approached she found herself dreading the meeting more and more.

[break][break]It wasn't that she disliked the man, with the very basic information she looked up to herself he seemed like a pretty average rich businessman. From what she could tell, he liked to invest in different people and grow his wealth that way a mutually beneficial relationship. But in knowing how people in this field work there will probably be a ball of strings attached which looped back to why she didn't look forward to this meeting --it's a hassle.

[break][break]However, even so, Naia was the type to do her best anyways. She made sure to carefully plan out their meeting together by taking into account of their schedules and even accounted for extra time in case the situation requires it. Then she carefully made a list of high-quality restaurants they could attend, seeing how both of them have more than enough money to throw around, all she had to worry about were their reviews which made things as painless as possible.

[break][break]This was all how Naia found herself just outside the restaurant doors, using the camera on her phone to check over her makeup, and attire. She wasn't used to dressing up like this and surely not throwing on so much makeup the entire process from beginning to end was incredibly inconvenient to Naia, especially since she knows she'll have to wash it off later tonight. The woman would let out a dissatisfied sigh before stepping into the restaurant, giving the host some time to collect themselves and addressing her with the same spiel as always.

[break][break]"I have a reservation at.. this time for Miss Kayode and Mr. Rose"

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","posttags"][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","postcredit"]
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=".naia"] --accent:#59709A!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:558px; min-height:615px; padding:25px 36px 25px 25px; overflow: hidden; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 20px,#121212 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap img]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postflower]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/4L7iTdL.png);background-position:center bottom;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap table] width:100%; min-height:591px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap td]box-sizing:border-box;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postnotes]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 800 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -3px 3px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttags]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 900 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext]box-sizing:border-box; min-height:591px; padding:65px 20px 20px 20px; font:12px Roboto, sans serif; text-align:justify; text-indent: 5px; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 14px,#272727 0); border-top:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext break] text-indent: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext b] color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext i] color:var(--accent); opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postquote]position:absolute; left:145px; top:15px; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-size:35px; color:#BFB9B6; transform: rotate(5deg); letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);font-family:"Oswald";[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke]box-sizing:border-box; position:absolute; bottom:29px; left:175px; width:320px; height:20px; text-align:right; padding:5px!important; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent); border-top: 1px solid var(--accent); background-color:#121212;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke img]position:relative; margin-top:-33px; margin-right:16px; margin-left:-9px; width:43px; height:43px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit]position:absolute;bottom:15px;right:10px;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit a]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,889 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 20:24:19 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor was dressed in a black Kalosian suit, it was the one he wore ninety-nine percent of the time. In fact the only time someone might find him not dressed like that is when he was working on something in his private workshop. Though it was a rare few who got to see him in his other natural habitat. Still he had arrived early awaiting his guest. Walter was somewhere among the crowd keeping an eye out for unsavory individuals who might try to spoil his fun this afternoon. So here he was, waiting for the little heiress to come, and sway him that he wasn't going to be wasting his money. Of course this wasn't the first time, parents had weaponized their attractive daughters to try, and get a better deal out of him, but it felt a bit odd.

When they had spoken her parents hadn't mentioned trying to arrange a marriage with him once? While he was glad as it was one less awkward moment that he would have to explain to . Part of him felt a little insulted. Did they not know who he was? Was he not worth the effort? Or perhaps they had done a bit more research into him than he gave them credit for, and they realized that he was quite literally dating a Princess. Amor tapped his glass mulling those thoughts around before taking a sip of the lemonade. After a few more minutes the guest he had been waiting for, arrived, and was shown to her seat by the server.

Amor flashed her a charming smile, the one he wore everywhere, and he met her gaze evenly.

"Ms. Kayode, thank you for picking such a lovely spot, I don't make my way to Slateport often, so I would've been at a loss trying to pick a spot on my own." He chuckled lightly before sat upright, and extended a hand. It was the first time they had met afterall, better make the proper introductions. "Amor Rose, hopeful investor of your company." Though he was mainly doing this to ensure that his wealth didn't deplete. Not that it ever would with all his investments in this region, but Amor wasn't such a fool that he would rest on his laurels.

If there was something that he could gain, then he would gain it.

"I do hope that our meeting goes well." That same charming smile graced his lips as those words left him.

close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 0:14:30 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Dinner with contracts

- - -

While Naia was making it over to her reserved seats, she couldn't help but over look the other guests; mainly the different dishes that they had. It was merely something to keep herself preoccupied during the awkward trudge through the masses, but she found herself making some pretty well informed judgements on skipping out on today's seafood. It wasn't until the waiter addressed Naia with an formal gesture to the table in which her guest was seated did she give him a quick glance over, her eyes eventually landing on his drink. The slight furrow of her brows betrayed the fact she felt a tad guilty for making him wait long enough to get himself a drink, and she made a mental note to show up earlier at least for any possible meetings.

[break][break]"Ms. Kayode, thank you for picking such a lovely spot, I don't make my way to Slateport often, so I would've been at a loss trying to pick a spot on my own."

[break][break]While she hadn't responded yet to his first set of words, she still make sure to at least give him a light smile, and reciprocate his handshake with a firm grip, hoping he wouldn't mind her keeping her gloves on. "It's.. a pleasure to meet you Mr. Rose" It was a slow start to her words, but she managed to get her rhythm, doing her best to act much like her mother in her meetings. "I hope you didn't wait too long.." A go-to for Naia.

[break][break]After she let go of his hand, she'd make way to sitting down on the seat across from him, being sure to brush the skirt of her dress to avoid any wrinkles and hesitantly placed her phone down on the table beside him. She was doing her best to mask any uneasiness she may had when he spoke and instead found herself letting out meek chuckle, "Same here." Then a thought came to mind, a more genuine smile forming on her face as she was proud she wasn't struggling as hard today. "I figured we could enjoy ourselves a bit either way.. Speaking of which have you gotten a chance to check out the menu..?" She paused for a moment wondering if the transition was a bit awkward before continuing, "Since you haven't been to Slateport much, I'm curious to see if there are any firsts for you."

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.postwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:558px; min-height:615px; padding:25px 36px 25px 25px; overflow: hidden; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 20px,#121212 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap img]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postflower]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/4L7iTdL.png);background-position:center bottom;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postnotes]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 800 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -3px 3px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttags]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 900 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext]box-sizing:border-box; min-height:591px; padding:65px 20px 20px 20px; font:12px Roboto, sans serif; text-align:justify; text-indent: 5px; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 14px,#272727 0); border-top:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postquote]position:absolute; left:145px; top:15px; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-size:35px; color:#BFB9B6; transform: rotate(5deg); letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);font-family:"Oswald";[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke]box-sizing:border-box; position:absolute; bottom:29px; left:175px; width:320px; height:20px; text-align:right; padding:5px!important; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent); border-top: 1px solid var(--accent); background-color:#121212;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke img]position:relative; margin-top:-33px; margin-right:16px; margin-left:-9px; width:43px; height:43px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit]position:absolute;bottom:15px;right:10px;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,889 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 22:33:40 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

She was polite, methodical in her approach every bit the same as him, and for a moment it was almost as if he was staring into a mirror, but that quickly shattered. Still his smile remained.

"I waited as long as I wanted to, I assure you." Her smile did change slightly, a subtle shift that he noticed, but nothing that he would comment on. They were here to talk about business after all, but Amor was willing to leverage his charm into getting favorable negotiations. It was a viable tactic with either sex. "As for the menu I did, I think I'm gonna settle on that lovely steak meal that is near the end of it. I enjoy sinking my teeth into something sweet, and tender." He stated simply with his same charming smile. Her last question gave him pause as he thought about it before answering.

"Hmmmm I don't think I've visited the museum yet, which is a shame seeing as how I enjoy legends, and ancient civilizations. There is a lot we can learn from the past, if we are wise enough." He stated as he folded his hands across each other, and rested his chin on them to gaze at her. "What about you, any firsts for you in this sleepless city?" Amor wondered just how much of her was an act, and he figured he would have an answer by the end of this.

The phone call with her parents had given him a few hints about the kind of people they were, but they weren't all that interesting to him, they weren't the ones he was meeting with right now. She was, and so that meant she was going to have the full brunt of his attention for better or worse. Through the course of their dinner, and conversation Amor was going to dissect her, and do his best to learn all about her. It was the same thig he did with most of his business partners when he first met them, besides he wondered what kind of girl she would be.

So many variables, and he was excited to learn about them all. Though there was perhaps another reason that he was interested in learning about her, and her company. Allies were a useful thing to have when you had the League at your throat, and someone that he could potentially act through would be useful in the long term. Someone not on their radar.

close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 23:50:22 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Dinner with contracts

- - -

"As for the menu I did, I think I'm gonna settle on that lovely steak meal that is near the end of it. I enjoy sinking my teeth into something sweet, and tender."

[break][break]Her smile did flatter every so slightly, it wasn't because anything he had said upset her, it was just his words gave her some thought. She never before had considered meat to be sweet, tender made sense, but she always found it a bit salty. Before her mind wondered too far she managed to reel herself back in, her eyes taking note of the menu on the table. This was possibly a good distraction if things ever got too awkward with her.

[break][break]"Hmmmm I don't think I've visited the museum yet, which is a shame seeing as how I enjoy legends, and ancient civilizations. There is a lot we can learn from the past, if we are wise enough."

[break][break]Ah.. Naia wasn't expecting such an inadept answer, in fact she just talking about food but he managed to pull the conversation away from the restaurant and to the city itself. It was moments like these that really showed Naia how novice she was when it came to communicating with people. Even the way he managed to show off his comfortability with his body language helped put Naia at ease, the gap in their abilities only reinforcing her mother's harsh critics.

[break][break]"What about you, any firsts for you in this sleepless city?"

[break][break]Naia broke eye contact, looking off to the side as she pondered exactly how much did she share. This was a meeting, this wasn't some blind date her mother set up. So she didn't need to be so personal, but didn't her mother mention that it was a good way to make connections? She also said not to say too much...

[break][break]The line was always so blurred.

[break][break]"I've been here since I've been born. So, there isn't much firsts I can get." At the word first, she'd look back at the man. Subtly taking in a deep breath to calm down her nerves, It was far harder talking to strangers than it was with her mother. At least with her mother, she'd instantly correct her if she did something wrong, but not strangers. They instead internalize it and judge.

[break][break]"At least that means I know the best places. I can always send you recommendations."

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,889 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 21:03:24 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Is that so? A native of the Hoenn land." he mused, either he knew that, and was pretending he didn't, or he truly didn't know. Though he just smiled, and leaned back in his chair, not a shred of tension in his shoulders at all. "Perhaps the next time we meet, I'll invite you to Lilycove. I am more familiar with that city than this one at the very least." came the musing, and he nodded at her last suggestion.

"I may take you up on that offer, it's always handy having someone who is smarter than me around. Keeps me from getting myself in to much trouble." At that their waiter came, and took their orders. Amor got a refill on his lemonade as he put in his order for the steak meal. When the waiter left he resumed speaking.

"So tell me more about this company of yours. I was able to get some details over the phone, but I always prefer to hear such things in person." He explained to her taking a sip of his lemonade. "Besides it is up to you to sell me on investing on it." An amused smirk crossed his lips, as he began to pile the pressure on the young heiress. If she couldn't handle this, then it would show that they weren't ready for his business, or investment. "And before you launch into a premeditated PokePedia page lecture on your company. Don't." His eyes never left hers.

"I can get all the information I want at my leisure, I want something more than that. Are you up to the task?" Amor had been to so many meetings, so many business dinners, and everyone always read from the same script. It was honestly a chore to listen all the way through, and pretend to care. So he had invented a game for himself to play. Force the other off the script in order to sell him on whatever it was that they wanted him to invest in. If they could do it, he would invest no questions asked, but if they failed, then he lost interest quickly.

Anyone could tell him how great their company was, but he wanted something more than that. Something a bit more personable. Very few were able to appease his demand, but perhaps she would rise to the occasion.

close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 0:30:26 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Dinner with contracts

- - -

"Is that so? A native of the Hoenn land."

[break][break]Naia never interacted much with people and it was a bit of a naïve assumption that most people would just be from Hoenn, so whenever people so flatly pointed it out like that it always grounded her back into reality. The world really was just bigger than her city, bigger than her country infact.

[break][break]"Perhaps the next time we meet, I'll invite you to Lilycove. I am more familiar with that city than this one at the very least. I may take you up on that offer, it's always handy having someone who is smarter than me around. Keeps me from getting myself in to much trouble."

[break][break]At first she was just going to comment on his first statement, but when he spoke up again it completely threw her in for a loop. someone who is smarter than him? Surely he must have been mistaken, perhaps he really thought he was talking to her mother instead of her disappointment of a daughter. Never once has Naia ever consider herself smarter and if this wasn't a business venture she would have corrected him right away.

[break][break]"Yo-You flatter me, but I'm sure you'd be fine even without me.. I just thought I'd help from one person to another. As for your offer.."

[break][break]She paused for a moment looking off to the side, and as her eyes caught a glimpse of the waiter coming towards them, she'd stand up a bit more straight and return her gaze to him.

[break][break]"If I ever get more vacation time... that's be great."

[break][break]While Amor was ordering his food, Naia quickly skimmed the list they had offered. In all honesty she didn't have much of an appetite, so something heavy like a steak wouldn't have been food for her stomach and she surely wasn't going to order any of their seafood after she she had seen earlier. So instead she went for a far plainer choice, picking a soup but making sure to order some bread over their table, after all how couldn't you just eat soup without dipping some bread in it.

[break][break]As for a drink she asked for a coffee and a water, something she could drink for pleasure and something she could just mindlessly sip on if she needed some time to think. It was far easier to fill in awkward silence or space in a conversation if you'd in the middle of drinking or eating, so this worked in her favor.

[break][break]"So tell me more about this company of yours. I was able to get some details over the phone, but I always prefer to hear such things in person."

[break][break]"Sure.."

[break][break]"Besides it is up to you to sell me on investing on it."

[break][break]She sounded slightly hesitant, specifically because she assumed he already knew so much on the company in the first place, but the majority of her hesitancy would dissipate whenever he mentioned about selling him on it. That much made sense, and in reality they wouldn't be sitting here having a conversation if he wasn't already sold one way or another. It was just a matter on how she was going to do this. While she digested his request, her hand reached for her glass and gave it a light tap with her nail.

[break][break]"And before you launch into a premeditated PokePedia page lecture on your company. Don't. I can get all the information I want at my leisure, I want something more than that. Are you up to the task?"

[break][break]That much made her laugh a bit. A slight chuckle, but at least a genuine one. If anything they both agreed those were definitely the worse, she hated having to sit there and talk about stuff they could have easily just looked up. It wasted her time and energy, and in the end they wouldn't pay much attention so it wasted their time too.

[break][break]"Don't worry about that.."

[break][break]Even though he was staring at her with full attention, Naia couldn't help but have her eye contact waver. She did try her best to hide it with drinking a glass of water, but in all honesty talking people was just too much, there were far more information one needed to pay attention be it from their hidden meanings behind words, or their body language that she just couldn't keep up with.

[break][break]"Well, I'll try to keep it quick and simple then.."

[break][break]But despite that insecurity she knew she didn't have to worry about confidence when it came to talking about her mother's company. It's been drilled in her so many times after all.

[break][break]"I'm sure as an investor you have to be extremely careful in who you invest because of how companies normally operate, the downfall or a competitor, means profit for yourself. However, our company works the exact opposite, instead we profit by cooperating with other companies."

[break][break]Naia would take a light sip from her water, not wanting to get a dry mouth from walking to much.

[break][break]"Meaning.. investors like you who have multi companies to look after, investing in us is the same as investing in your other projects. There is the security of not having to go through multiple channels with subpar results as well as having an a piece of an assets that would never die out."

[break][break]How many times have she heard such a spiel before, however the difference is that she'd never be able to invoke the creative enthusiasm her mother acted out. But maybe she had been talking to much.. maybe he wanted to ask some questions.

[break][break]"I hope that was a bit helpful.. but if not I can always give you my mother.. uh.. motivational speech."

[break][break]Maybe inserting a bit of a joke at the end would help her feel a bit less awkward about it all. This time her taking a lot longer to drink her water in hopes that maybe he'd take that opportunity to fill in the silence himself.

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]