Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
To Visit an Old Friend [M/Gracidea]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 15:44:55 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg felt pretty atrocious. El had just been trying to help and express their concern for her and she’d gone and laid this whole ass moral dilemma at their feet. You are an awful person, Cygne Ellen.

“I know. I know it’s not right,” she said, and her voice had settled into something flat and emotionless and bitter. “I’m not arguing for its rightness. I’m trying to decide if the ends justify the means.”

The bit about Isaac not wanting an eye that’s already covered in the blood of the quote-unquote innocent makes her sigh.

“Yeah. Yeah, I’m realizing that.”

She ran a hand through her hair and sighed.

“No. No, I get it. I-- haven’t done anything yet,” she lied, convincingly, because it really did seem like she was at the precipice of something heinous, and not that she’d already done it. And, honestly, she’d only just dipped her feet. “So don’t feel like you have to arrest me yet. This is all just… theory, speculation.” Which was not a total lie.

She reached out to put a hand on El’s shoulder, hovered it, and then dropped it to her side.

“No, it’s okay. I don’t want you worrying about it. You have enough problems to deal with.” And the more space she put between herself and El, the safer they’d be. “Look, thank you, for everything.” Real emotion sparked back in her voice. “I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me, for Sima. I do. And for hearing me out, even though it puts you in a weird spot.” She swallowed, hemmed for a moment, then put forth the cane El had gifted them when she’d been in need. “If you wanted to take this back now, I’d understand.”

Wash your hands of it, El. Of me.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
To Visit an Old Friend [M/Gracidea]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 4:05:56 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
First, Cygne was talking about it as if this was something she'd been actively doing - or at least, had already done. That there already was blood on her hands. But now she spoke as if it was a hypothetical, rather than anything that's actually going on. Though she tried to play it off... They had noticed the lie for what it was.

But though a gentle frown crossed their face, they kept silent about it. Perhaps... They should just let this one be. Else, the two of them would be talking in circles, or some wild spiral... Besides, if they could figure out a way to help Cygne take a more honest path on this, that'd resolve everything far more peacefully than otherwise, right?

It'd certainly be a better resolution, than trying to arrest the girlfriend of their savior-mentor-maybe-they-arent-sure-yet-brother.

However, El blinked as they noticed the aborted shoulderpat, and... Reaching out, they took her hand and squeezed it. She didn't want them to worry, but well. "It's... a bit too late for that, I think." They spoke with what was almost a moment of levity, a moment of cheek. "Besides - I can't sit by idly, when someone needs help. Even if there's only so much I can do right now... Helping you'll still be on my mind, okay?"

The offered cane, however, would be met with a shake of El's head. "It's okay; your ankle's still healing, right?" They questioned, gently pushing it back into Cygne's hands. "Don't - uhm - don't try to strain it too much, until a doctor says it's healed up, alright?" They added in gentle warning. "Joints are funky 'n fragile - if you don't take good care of them, you'll regret it later..."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights