[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]They said it would be a sin, that this day would never come for either of them. The building stands tall over her, windows like open mouths that taunt her with every passing second. But as she stands before these very doors, she knows what must be done.[break][break]

Today marks the day that she and Hideo must battle for real, and only one of them will come out on top. Of the two, Hideo is the one that has treaded the path of right, honing his skills and soaring to heights greater than she would ever reach. That is why he has become a gym leader, that is why he can afford to stand tall and show the world just how far he's come.[break][break]

Does she aspire to be like him? No, not in any way. Their experiences differ so greatly that she can't imagine just how much it might take for her to even catch a glimpse of the light he pursues. Would she if they had met much earlier in her life?[break][break]

Maybe.[break][break]

Her hands rest upon the door, handles cold to the touch as she pushes. And Reiner follows right after, leaning his weight to keep one side open for her to step through. Whilst most times, she'd just call out without a care, she holds back for the fact that this is a library. Instead, she wanders in with quiet steps, keeping an eye peeled for familiarity amidst the ocean of untold stories.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 23:37:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1069284117881049148/Welcome.mp3[/player]

Welcome

It wouldn't take long for Eris to find that familiar set of closed eyes paired with a warm smile - though his attire was slightly different from his norm: a blue coat drapes over his back like a cape, and the suspenders would be easy to spot over his color-coordinated striped sweater and shorts.

The Beheeyem by his side wore a similar blue coat.

"Glad you could make it," Hideo said, approaching her. "It's been a while since we had a real battle with each other. Think the last time was Hoenn Star Tournament. Maybe this battle will play out differently?"

He'd won that previous battle - by a hair's breadth, his Beheeyem fainting shortly after her Salazzle.

"Anyways, follow me: the room isn't that far from here."

The walk over would be a pleasant one; the library portion of his gym was as quiet as one would expect, various citizens of the town browsing, reading, and studying amongst the humans and Pokemon that staffed the area, the latter consisting of some of Hideo's Pokemon.

A few that recognized Eris waved to her, including a familiar Shaymin that was being studied by a curious child.

"I set this place up to be a pretty cozy gym. A place people could go to if they want to learn, or they just want a peaceful place to spend time at. 'course, we still got plenty of places for the actual battling."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 23:49:58 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Cool coat." She has to interrupt his words for that quick compliment. "Matching theme here?"[break][break]

And there's no mistaking the glance shared between Reiner and Eris, thought Hideo might not be able to see.[break][break]

"You're not the only one who's been improving all this time." Spoken with a wave of her hand, the relatively quiet hallway only filled with clicks and taps that Hideo's walking might produce. "If I lose, it just means you've gotten much further than I have."[break][break]

Warm greetings are showered upon her by familiar faces, and she's quick to return them with a gentle smile. Perhaps, she can simply hang out in the library once she's done with the challenge; Get a little research underway and check up on the pokemon she hasn't seen in a while.[break][break]

"Did Doug and Melody help you to come up with the design?"[break][break]

A quick question posed just so she can still her heart before the impending storm, she shoves a hand into her pocket as she takes in her surroundings.[break][break]

"If you ever wanted, I could help you paint a mural. All about fairytales and stuff."

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 0:09:20 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded, chuckling. "'course it's coordinated! The person that made the jackets made sure of that! And Elga here picked everything else out too; they match him pretty well, so I was told."

The light blush on the Beheeyem's cheeks went unnoticed by the boy. "And we'll get to test our skills real soon~ I'm sure won or lose, we'll both get to learn a lot today."

As for the design, he shook his head. "They helped a bit with organizing everything, but the idea was mainly from me. And my Pokemon. A library's a pretty good place for that. You might not think it, but I did read a lot before I started the Gym Circuit. And I still do now."

As for the offer? He happily nodded. "'course you can! We'd love to have more art around here! And I'd like to have something you made shown here."

But in time, they'd reach a set of doors. "Alright, here we are." The doors opened inwards without him needing to touch them - his Beheeyem opening them Psychically for dramatic effect.

Inside was a fairly featureless room, with a number of people sitting on the bleachers on each side. A number of psychic Pokemon were at each end of the arena, and on the opposing end of the arena, stood two of Hideo's Pokemon. One, a decidedly-psychic Xatu, the large mystical bird tilting its head at their arrival.

The other, a decidedly-not-psychic Dusk Lycanroc, eagerly watching the group's arrival.

"I was planning on Elga being your other opponent, but the moment Rocky there caught on that you'd be bringing Reiner along, he insisted on taking part. Seems he's wanted to have a scrap with him. And it ain't easy to get Rocky to change his mind, so I'll let him have this one."

He'd break away from Eris, turning to her one more time. "I'll give you a sec to prepare." With that, he made his way over towards his team, Elga following close behind.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 6:40:26 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]What misses, catches in his stead, a brow briefly raised at Elga's reaction towards the compliment. Were Beeheeyem really capable of blushing? Perhaps, this would be the first and last time she'd ever see such a thing.[break][break]

"Guess I'll get to sketching some designs then." Not that he would be able to see them, but she could at the very least consult his pokemon for their opinions. The thought still lingers on her brain even as Elga throws the doors wide open. Thankfully so, considering just how much anxiety she might have felt if the first thing she noticed was all the eyes that now fixate upon them.[break][break]

Reiner takes the brief lapse in her attention to pull her hood up, snorting as he reminds her not to lag behind. And she'll scoff, giving him a good old bump against his shoulder before pulling him into a hug.[break][break]

"You've got this, buddy. I trust you like always."[break][break]

Then comes the other pokemon she's entrusting this battle to, a rather excitable Zoroark hunched over with the largest grin drawn across his maw.[break][break]

"Work with Reiner, yeah?"[break][break]

Xenos howls, tail wagging as he receives a scratch under his chin - Much to the Luxray's chagrin. But the two will make their way onto the field regardless, regarding their opponents with wariness as they ready themselves for the approaching storm.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 21:43:40 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
As Eris prepped her team, Hideo reunited with his own. "Ok, guys. I know it's Eris, but we gotta try our best for real this time." After a second of silence, he faced towards his Lycanroc, kneeling down. "Try not to get too caught-up, Rocky. We're battling her like a challenger, not like we're dealing with Rocket, understand? We're battling for real - but not really real. Got it?"

He received a lick to the cheek. That'd have to be good enough.

Hideo stood back up, offering a thumbs-up to his Beheeyem as he wiped off the bit of slobber on his face. The dressed-up Pokemon walked off to the side of the arena, where the other psychic Pokemon were readying themselves. Once he was assured Eris's Pokemon were also ready, they could begin.

"Now that we got our Pokemon ready, let's set up the stage!" A Psychic Terrain was spread by the Psychic Pokemon on the outer edges of the arena, the environment quickly transforming into something completely different.

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]@eros

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Round 1! Fight!
[attr="class","monody"]
A Garden of Vines
The building around them disappeared, the bleachers and the audience disappearing as well. It would be as if the building they were in had never existed; even the ground was seemingly reclaimed by nature, a healthy forest around them.

But the greens of nature were overtaken by purple petals, the vines they came from growing everywhere, even hanging down from the sky above. The ground was littered with these petals, and while they would merely pass through whatever tried to touch them, they could be blown around by the upcoming battle.

The ground itself still felt the same as before, despite the grass and petals covering it. And while it would appear it was just the two of them and their Pokemon out in the wild, they would still be intrinsically aware of where everything was in reality; they'd know where the walls were and where the spectators were, to lower the risk of an accident.

"Now then," Hideo said, sending petals around him flying as he swept his foot along the ground, "the challenger has the right to the first move!" He dramatically pointed towards Eris and her team, eagerly waiting.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1112495940264280205/oie_q3zgcl33Ug1z.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 22:06:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She shouldn't be surprised by the change in environment. After all, she's known 's affinity for psychic types for as long as she's known him. Still, that won't stop the low whistle that squeezes through her lips, carrying none of the intent that it would usually possess.[break][break]

"Pretty forest." But her remark probably will hold nothing to the way Hideo makes his dramatic flourish. In fact, she had probably almost missed it whilst her eyes had been drawn to the petals fluttering around.[break][break]

Over on the field, eyes roll at how easily she's distracted, a gruff growl making sure to pull her back to reality as the Luxray floods the arena with an Electric Terrain. When Eris finally gathers her wits and whistles, the assault begins -[break][break]

A Springtide Storm surges towards Rocky and the Xatu, a battering flurry of petals masking the approach of her own pokemon. And from its midst, out leaps a Luxray, his claw swiping at air as an electrifying burst of energy (Night Daze) rushes towards them.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 23:06:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1113966575662415992/No_Holding_Back_Not_Even_For_a_Friend.mp3[/player]
No Holding Back, Not Even For a Friend

[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","monody"]
A Garden of Vines
Hideo was already aware that Eris was using a Zoroark in this match - but the moment both her Pokemon were out, he didn't know which was the real Reiner.

(The Pokemon maintaining the illusion, the ones informing him of what was happening, knew - but telling Hideo would be cheating, and he'd specifically instructed them not to tell him that much.)

Regardless, he could feel the unmistakable tingle of an Electric Terrain run through the stage. It didn't distupt the Psychic Terrain that helped maintain the illusion; it even meshed with the illusion, the grass beneath the petals taking on a yellow tint as they bent into the shape of tiny lightning bolts. The vines above them began to rock back and forth, as if blown by the preludes of a storm.

A Springtide Storm, to be exact, barreling straight for Hideo's team. He didn't need to shout an order, his Xatu conjuring up a Tailwind to try and escape. His Lycanroc was able to utilize the speed boost in time - but ironically, the Xatu couldn't, taking the hit from the storm.

She'd barely have enough time to react before the next attack came by. She would have been struck once more, had the Lycanroc not intercepted the attack.

And that attack felt distinctly non-electric - a telling sign of an Illusion to thr Lycanroc. "Rocky, get'em back!" Hideo shouted, his Lycanroc more than eager to retaliate against the false-shocker by charging right in, his body glowing bright with his Accelerock - moving all-the-more quickly with that Tailwind.

The Xatu regained her focus, though her attack didn't come just yet: a Future Sight was prepared, the attack readied for the Luxray in the back - the one that hadn't charged ahead.

Xatu hit by Springtide Storm, Lycanroc dodged it
Lycanroc hit by Night Daze Electric Attack, taking the hit for Xatu
Xatu used Tailwind
Lycanroc used Accelerock on Zoroark
Xatu uses Future Sight, targeting Luxray (for a later post)

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1112495940264280205/oie_q3zgcl33Ug1z.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 10:26:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/491592643038543872/1115222680782778459/Chameleos_-_Battle_Theme__Monster_Hunter_Rise_.mp3[/player][break]

Rocky's counterattack can't quite be dodged mid-air, the illusion swept up in a burst of pink petal as the Zoroark is knocked back. But before the two separate, Xenos reaches out with both arms, attempting to hug Rocky and throw him to the ground in a rather apparent show of Foul Play. And he'll even let out a loud cackle at the Xatu who'd been lucky enough to escape his wrath, Taunting her for hiding behind her teammate.[break][break]

A whistle - Whether he gets the attack on Rocky or not, the Zoroark grins wide as he backs up. And yet another Springtide Storm will rush over the field, readily swallowing his presence whole.[break][break]

This time, two Luxrays burst out of the petal storm, both charging a strong surge of electricity in their manes as they bare their teeth. One directs his electricity to his paws, slamming them to the ground and unleashing a blinding burst of energy (Light of Ruin) towards the Lycanroc. And the other roars, directing streaks of lightning across the arena as a Rising Voltage seeks to ensnare the Xatu.[break][break]
[break]

✧ Zoroark hit by Accelerock, illusion broken temporarily[break]
✧ Zoroark counterattacks with Foul Play against Lycanroc and Taunts Xatu[break]
Springtide Storm used to cover Zoroark's escape[break]
✧ Zoroark disguises as Luxray, uses Light of Ruin against Lycanroc[break]
✧ Luxray uses Rising Voltage on Xatu

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 23:51:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
A Garden of Vines
A solid strike sent back the false Luxray back - though not before it managed to toss down the Lycanroc. Foul Play indeed - but not against the rule of the match.

But the follow-up Taunt did not have had the intended effect; the Xatu glanced at the Zoroark, her head up high as she didn't even acknowledge it - as if to silently imply her opponent wasn't even worth the time to acknowledge.

As if she'd just Magically Bounced the Taunt right back.

The Lycanroc was already back on his feet by the time the whistle came by, anticipating an attack - and jumping back just as another Springtide Storm came by. He knew better than to rush in when he couldn't see.

But he'd been close enough to the Zoroark - that even if it tried to pull off another Illusion, an Odor Sleuth would be all it took to know which it really was, to pick it apart from the real Luxray, even before it leapt from behind the petal storm.

He took the Light of Ruin head-on, hurt but undeterred. He used the Tailwind from before to move quickly, his Tough Claws shining bright as he went for the Zoroark, aiming an assault from all sides with Rock Climb-enhanced claws.

The Xatu wouldn't have the luxury of Rocky tanking another attack. She took the Rising Voltage as best she could, but it would be clear that she wouldn't really be up for taking another.

But she wouldn't stand still for another; she spread her wings wide, her Tailwind taking her up in the air; she'd make herself a more difficult target - timed perfectly with her previous Future Vision coming into play, aiming to both harm and distract the Luxray that just shocked her.

Quietly, she uttered a small Wish, and once more peeked into the future with her Future Vision, to prepare herself for another assault from (and on) the Luxray.

All the while, Hideo just observed from the sidelines. He knew his Pokemons' habits well to gauge what they had planned - and that he wouldn't object to them.

Lycanroc hit by Foul Play
Xatu Magic Bounces the Taunt back at the Zoroark
Lycanroc uses Odor Sleuth to pin down the Zoroark
Lycanroc hit by Light of Ruin
Lycanroc uses Rock Climb on Zoroark, Tough Claws enhancing power and Tailwind boosting speed
Xatu hit by Rising Voltage
Xatu rises to the sky courtesy of Tailwind
Xatu's previous Future Vision is attacking Luxray
Xatu uses Wish and Future Vision (latter targeting Luxray in future turn)

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 12:58:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"][player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/491592643038543872/1115222680782778459/Chameleos_-_Battle_Theme__Monster_Hunter_Rise_.mp3[/player][break]

Oh, why had they forgotten just who they were dealing with. The fact that the Xatu merely brushes his taunt off with such haughtiness makes Xenos screech, his claws drawn as he meets Rocky’s own in a fervent clash. He will not be shown up, another Foul Play pulled even as the Lycanroc ferociously pushes him back.[break][break]

This leaves Reiner to deal with the Xatu, the beginnings of a Wish catching his eye even whilst he staggers and stumbles through the visions of a horrible future. All his thoughts are caught within his throat, a growl rumbling and growing louder by the second as he digs his claws into the arena.[break][break]

They’re not making any headway and if this Xatu is allowed to do as she wishes, they’re essentially back to square one. In that moment, just as panic is about to cloud his mind, Eris claps her hands together and lets out a shrill whistle.[break][break]

Even as Xenos wrestles with Rocky, he’ll still heed the call, yanking the canine aside for the briefest of moments to unleash a Night Daze, hoping to knock the pompous bird right out of the sky. And Reiner will not be deterred from his task, roaring his heart out as he Discharges waves of electricity towards the Xatu.
[break][break]
[break]

✧ Zoroark hit by Rocky and trying to fight back with Foul Play[break]
✧ Zoroark yanks Rocky aside for a second and tries to use Night Daze on Xatu to knock out of the skies[break]
✧ Luxray follows up on Xatu with an electrical Discharge, NO HEALERS ON THIS COURT

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 1:29:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","monody"]
A Garden of Vines
The Xatu does not react to the Zoroark's reaction, her attention solely on the battle - no matter how haughty she'd appear. Her attention was more towards the Luxray - the real one that could actually shock her.

But that heavy focus was what distracted her, even her Future Sight focused on the Luxray. She only catches her partner being tossed aside by some Foul Play after the Night Daze comes her way. It's enough to bring her down, in range of the incoming Discharge.

She has only enough time to prepare another Future Sight before the electricity reaches her, her knocked-out body hitting the ground with a light *thud*.

That was one Pokemon down - but what was the other one up to?

The Lycanroc took his opponents' distracted focus to use what the Xatu couldn't; he rushed over right to where the Wish had been set earlier, the Tailwind from before carrying him along. A wish for the future, now granted to the one left to carry it; the damage from those previous attacks just seem to disappear.

"Rocky, you know what to do! Get in there!" The Lycanroc hardly had to be told to attack, his focus on the Zoroark. He charged ahead once more, the light of an Accelrock boosting his charge even further, supplementing it with a Crunch.

The Future Sight the Xatu had planted when she first took the sky would come into effect, once more targeting the (real) Luxray, to distract it so Rocky could go all-in on the Zoroark.

Xatu uses one more Future Sight
Lycanroc hit by Foul Play
Xatu hit by Night Daze + Discharge
Xatu KO'd
Lycanroc grabs the Wish Xatu had planted earlier, healed by it
Lycanroc attacks Zoroark with Accelerock and Crunch (speed boosted by Tailwind)
Future Vision from previous post attacking Luxray

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 8:49:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]

The wish really seems to be a thorn in their sides but with the Xatu taken out, there can be no more miracles called upon. Reiner grunts, knowing that he has to go through yet another gauntlet of psychic attacks. And yet, his body is made sturdier with the pokerus that runs through his veins, a Springtide Storm sweeping in Rocky's direction even as he's battered down by an unseen force.[break][break]

Xenos is much less fortunate, howling as Rocky's jaws come down on his arm. But he will not relent, opening his own maws real wide as he unleashes yet another Night Daze at point blank range.
[break][break]
[break]

✧ Zoroark bitten by Rocky and retaliates with point-blank Night Daze[break]
✧ ZLuxray does his best to withstand the Future Sight and launches a Springtide Storm at Rocky

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2023 22:45:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1127005903380561990/No_Holding_Back_Not_Even_With_a_Z_Move.mp3[/player]
No Holding Back, Not Even With a Z Move

[attr="class","monody"]
A Garden of Vines
With the Xatu knocked out and returned to her ball, the only Pokemon left to face the challenger was a Lycanroc. A freshly-healed Lycanroc, carrying the last wishes of his fallen companion.

A Springtime Storm comes his way, and he plows through it with an Accelerock. It wasn't without harm, and the Night Daze from the Zoroark did push him back a bit.

But that pushback put him in the perfect position for his next attack. His greatest attack.

Light glowed around Hideo's Z-ring, the boy's arms facing forward, swinging up in the air as if he were flexing. He adopted a low stance, twisting his torso as he kept flexing, the appropriate pose struck.

An unnecessary pose, but it was the rock-type pose.

A massive chunk of rock tore from the ground, covered with the bolt-shaped grass. It tore through the vines above them, though the vines were still thick enough to block off any illusionary sunlight.

Rocky wasn't holding back like he had in the Ultra Deep Sea.

The Continental Crush would come down towards the Luxray and Zoroark, the Lycanroc pushing it down - just as a Future Vision manifested one more time to strike the Luxray.

Lycanroc hit by Springtide Storm
Lycanroc hit by Night Daze
Lycanroc uses Z-move Continental Crush (targeting both opponents)
Xatu's final Future Vision attacking Luxray

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
playground brawl || c
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 3:44:12 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]

If distance is what he wishes for, then they must do their very best to deprive their adversary of the perfect conditions to win. Her gaze is sharp, her whistle commanding as both Zoroark and Luxray split and begin to run in opposite directions. A z-move will be met with a z-move of their own, her hand raised to the sky as darkened clouds gather in a playful spire.[break][break]

"Break through!"[break][break]

[break][break]
"SKYSPLITTER!"
[break]

Striking blue lightning flashes down, ripping a hole straight through the centre of Continental Crush to envelope Reiner. And nature will behold the newly crowned king of the storm, bestowing upon him armour that rivals the wrath of the earth. He will not flinch even in the face of his doomed fate, bravely taking on the future vision as his electricity rushes and attempts to eat away at the giant boulder.[break][break]

Xenos, on the other hand, is entrusted with the hopes of them all, snarling as he begins to rush at Rocky once more. And he'll open his arms up wide, calling a Light of Ruin that shines down on them both.
[break][break]
[break]
✧ Using Luxray's z-move SKYPLITTER to tank as much damage as possible[break]
✧ Zoroark rushing at Rocky with LIGHT OF RUIN before Continental Crush hits