thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Everybody wants to rule the world [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 18:34:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Elgyem," Gavin repeats, glancing at his phone. A few taps, a frown. "I've got one of those to spare, in fact."
[break][break]

He flicks his gaze back up to . "Yours, if you join us."
[break][break]

He didn't have it here, otherwise he'd have held out the pokeball, but it was logged in Rocket's storeroom.
[break][break]

The underboss reclines, fingers drumming on the desk.
[break][break]

"Last chance to back out," he says idly. "But if you still want in, then come with me."[break][break]

He circles back around the desk and exits the building, only checking once they're clear of the doors whether or not Sage had chosen to follow.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 RECRUITMENT I

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lumity/Jayfeather

Sage, Morgan, Enigma
they/them/theirs
March 23rd
Unknown
bi-curious
Aspiring ninja
associate
5’7” height
5’7” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
123 posts
sage morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sage
sage morgan
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 1:15:51 GMT
sage morgan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg5"]

[attr="class","header"]YOU’RE GONNA GO FAR, KID

[attr="class","setting"]

They watched as he looked through his way phone. Probably so see what kind of Pokémon he had. His guess was proven right when the underboss told him he had an Elgyem to spare. And then he offered to just give it to them if they joined them. That was a good deal. Considered that he could’ve just offered them food and a place to stay and they would’ve been sold.
[break][break]
If they could get something better out of the deal they were all for it though. When he talked about it not being too late to back out they shook their head. ”I choose to walk a path the league wouldn’t approve of. It’s not something I can go over this point in time because I’m trying to wrap my own head around it,” they explained. They had never truly been a resentful person. So these feelings of resentment they had for their parents was still something they were trying to wrap their head around.
[break][break]
With that said they followed after the man. They wondered if they would have to do some kind of task to prove their dedication. Or would the Q and A before enough for them to see they were committed for now. They would ask. But it was hard to shake years of being told not to ask questions.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + added the elgyem to his template already so I could remember to put it in my pc

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg5]position:relative; --accent:#79ED6F; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/9X9vXFQn/IMG-1655.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg5 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 16:46:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin nods, gently tossing the pokeball to its new owner.[break][break]

There was, in fact, a second part to this test. But wouldn't leave alive without being one of them, and it was easy enough to retrieve a pokeball off a corpse if he failed.[break][break]

The destination proves to be a small business.[break][break]

"Our friend here is late on payments." There was a certain privilege in being allowed to keep your business afloat in the Rocket-occupied city. Rocket provided protection and freedom, but at a cost. "I want you to help him see the error of his ways."[break][break]

Sage would be given no further instruction than that. As much as this was a test of loyalty, it was also a test of character. How would he handle the situation before him? How might he think Gavin wanted it handled?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 RECRUITMENT I

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lumity/Jayfeather

Sage, Morgan, Enigma
they/them/theirs
March 23rd
Unknown
bi-curious
Aspiring ninja
associate
5’7” height
5’7” height
awards
123 posts
sage morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sage
sage morgan
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 19:15:15 GMT
sage morgan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Sage deftly caught the pokeball before putting it away. They than withdrew Poseidon but kept Nightwing out so he could keep an eye on things. They than followed after the underboss. As they had initially expected the interrogation wasn’t the only part of the test. They had to do something else to prove themselves. It made sense. After all they couldn’t just trust anyone that came their way. They had to make sure the person was legit and would be able to pull their weight.
[break][break]
Having followed him to what appeared to be a small business they listened to what he had to say. There wasn’t much to go on. Making someone see the error of their ways could mean a lot of things. Though it also depended on the person definition as well. So they supposed it would depend on what he felt teach someone the error of their ways were.
[break][break]
Something told them they would get more than that though so they nodded. ”I’ll do what I can,” they agreed their response giving nothing away of what they were planning. Once they were sure the underboss had nothing more to add they slip inside making sure to stay hidden.
[break][break]
First they would check the perimeter. And they would determine that despite having a target painted on their back they didn’t have much in security. Either they were stupid or were very confident in not drawing Rocket to them. Whatever it was it was best to proceed slowly.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + I’ll add more of what he does in his next post

[newclass=.blbqimg5]position:relative; --accent:#79ED6F; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/9X9vXFQn/IMG-1655.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg5 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 3:43:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Satisfaction sparks brief in his eyes, backed up by a dip of the head. This one understood the rules of this test, then.[break][break]

As Sage enters the building, Cillian retires to a nearby taxi stop to sit on its bench. He lights up a cigarette, indulging in the poison that floods his lungs upon a deep inhale.[break][break]

Indeed, the business was not well-guarded. In fact, it wasn't guarded at all. Only the employees, of which there were two, posed any threat of discovery or suspicion. One toiled behind the counter as the other pottered about, cleaning various surfaces and adjusting merchandise.[break][break]

The occasional customer posed a different sort of threat; should Sage be seen acting suspicious, alarms might be raised.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 RECRUITMENT I

close tab

played by

Lumity/Jayfeather

Sage, Morgan, Enigma
they/them/theirs
March 23rd
Unknown
bi-curious
Aspiring ninja
associate
5’7” height
5’7” height
awards
123 posts
sage morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sage
sage morgan
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 3:10:09 GMT
sage morgan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

They took note of what lay before them. Taking in the two workers and the select number of customers that milled around. This part would be tricky. Usually they got by by using shadows to their advantage. But they didn’t think that would cut it. The area between where they were and where they needed to go was to open to allow for much shadow.
[break][break]
Going through the ventilation system was an option. But one mistake. One little noise and they would be on to them. And crawling through vents wasn’t exactly what they would call fun. More saved for a last resort than something they went out of their way to do.
[break][break]
The walkway above the store part of the business was an option. They figured the boss used it to make sure the workers weren’t slacking off. While not lifting a finger himself. The thought made their blood boil and they had to take a deep breath to calm down. People that didn’t truly work and profited off of other people rubbed them the wrong way.
[break][break]
The first set of stairs that led up to the walkway was only a few meters away from them, maybe a bit more. It was close enough that they knew they would make it without drawing attention to themself. It helped the first set of stairs were also in the shadows. They had always been good at using the shadows to their advantage. Blending in with them.
[break][break]
Both employees were both still preoccupied as were the few customers. The few customers preoccupied with the wares that were being sold. Making sure to be careful they made their way to the steps. Stepping lightly they made their way up the metal stairs onto the walk way.
[break][break]
Due to years of sneaking around they knew how to move silently. Their steps were light enough not to even make a sound on the metal walkway as they made their way over the room. As they had come to notice no one bothered to look up. They had learned that most people didn’t expect threats to come from above, so they didn’t bother looking up.
[break][break]
Reaching the other set of stairs they made sure that no one was looking in the direction of the second set of stairs before slowly descending them, making sure not to make a sound. Keeping to the shadows they ducked into the hallway. It wasn’t long hallway. And they figured it had only been set up in such a way for the boss to feel like he has some sort of privacy since his office would be somewhere in the hall.
[break][break]
They had been able to get past the floor with the store unnoticed. Now they just had to get to their targets office without being noticed. Which wasn’t to hard since there were a few rooms they could easily duck into if they had to to avoid someone.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 7:32:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian lounges on the bench, scrolling through his phone. At some point, a ride Pokémon arrives on a broad-winged Swellow and offers a ride, but the underboss declines with a shake of his head.[break][break]

He can see the argument in the man's eyes, you're not supposed to sit here if you don't need a ride, but something about Cillian's cold countenance stills the tongue before it can speak in protest. He's left alone.[break][break]

In the building, Sage swiftly and silently navigates past the two employees. Well accustomed to their boss staring down at them, neither would look up even at the slight groan of metal. The Rocket grunt makes it into the back rooms where his target awaits.[break][break]

He's filing paperwork, smoke wreathing him in a lazy haze.[break][break]

Careful planning couldn't account for a third employee, wheeling a cart of supplies from a storage closet. He doesn't immediately notice Sage on account of the boxes stacked in front of his vision, but Sage would have only a few precious seconds to react.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Lumity/Jayfeather

Sage, Morgan, Enigma
they/them/theirs
March 23rd
Unknown
bi-curious
Aspiring ninja
associate
5’7” height
5’7” height
awards
123 posts
sage morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sage
sage morgan
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 20:26:15 GMT
sage morgan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

A third employee was unexpected, but it didn't hinder them. They moved quickly, conscious of their actions. They ducked down to make themselves a smaller target and slipped around to the side of the cart that was in their blind spot. Attacking someone from their blind spot was the best way to catch them off guard. They were taking advantage of this knowledge.
[break][break]
However, they knew that this tactic wouldn't work for long. So, they immediately threw something powdery into the employee's face to blind him. Then, in the same motion, they slammed their shoulder into his stomach to prevent him from crying out. Only a hand on the older person's wrist kept them from crashing to the ground. Before he could recover his breath, they shoved him back into the storage closet he had come out of.
[break][break]
The first thing they did was put some duct tape over his mouth to prevent him from crying out. Then, they used the duct tape to bind his hands and feet together.
[break][break]
Once that was done, they would search the guy, slipping his phone and the keys that led to the storage closet into their own pocket. "Nothing personal," they murmured, knowing the guy couldn't really see them that well, probably because they had thrown cayenne seasoning into his eyes. Not the most orthodox of weapons, but it worked.
[break][break]
Making sure one last time that the employee wouldn't be getting free, they made their way back to the door. After making sure no one else was around, they slipped out of the supply closet, wheeling the cart back into the supply closet. They were about to close the door when they thought they saw a box that was supposed to go to the boss's office.
[break][break]
Thinking quickly, they grabbed the box they had spotted before closing and locking the door to the supply closet. They weren't too worried about the employee; sure, someone would let him out after they had accomplished what they had come to do. Just to be safe, they would let Gavin know about the guy. There was no reason for the employees to suffer if they had nothing to do with what the boss had done, after all.
[break][break]
Box in hand they made their way to the bosses office. This time they made their way to the bosses office completely undisturbed. Making sure the box was high enough to avoid the boss from noticing they weren’t the normal guy the slipped into the bosses office.
[break][break]
Either the boss is too preoccupied with what he's doing or the box obscured their appearance because the target only glanced up long enough to wave them to put the box in the room to the side before returning to his paperwork. Slipping into the room, they put the box down and were about to head back out when the boss requested that they bring him a coffee.
[break][break]
Their gaze flickered towards the coffee machine before turning it on. Using the sound of the coffee machine to their advantage, they released Poseidon from his pokeball. Knowing his duty, the ninja Pokémon immediately slinked off to stealthily take out the cables to the boss's office phone and computer to prevent him from being able to call for help.[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 13:11:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

With a shoulder slammed into his gut, the employee's cry of pain is muffled to a wheeze. He stumbles back blindly, limbs flailing in panic, but it's not difficult for the more prepared Sage to subdue him. Duct tape and rope stifle his struggles as the closet door shuts behind him, and the cramped space limits his ability to slam his weight against the door hard enough to be effective. Though Sage might hear the weak thuds against the door, there's little chance the boss would.[break][break]

And indeed, he doesn't. He's oblivious as Sage enters the room, barely paying him any mind before issuing his demands.[break][break]

Only when the computer shuts off in front of him does he gain any awareness, looking up with an annoyed curse under his breath.[break][break]

"Fuck's sakes. Jim, you'd better-"[break][break]

He breaks off as he realises that Sage is not, in fact, the man he expects to see.[break][break]

He's not a stupid man, beyond his defiance of Rocket. He expects they'll come, and isn't left defenseless even with the power cut.[break][break]

"Rotom, get help!"[break][break]

The man's phone comes to life as the ghost within it sends for aid. Not from the police, whose local precinct has been largely corrupted in the years since Rocket's occupation, but from elsewhere. Still, they'd need time to arrive.[break][break]

Would it be too late, by then?[break][break]

"You're not getting your damn money," he spits at Sage. "You've had enough out of me and mine."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Lumity/Jayfeather

Sage, Morgan, Enigma
they/them/theirs
March 23rd
Unknown
bi-curious
Aspiring ninja
associate
5’7” height
5’7” height
awards
123 posts
sage morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sage
sage morgan
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 18:17:16 GMT
sage morgan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As they looked at the phone they had swiped, they realized that there was no security to prevent unauthorized access to the device. They searched through the phone until they found what they were looking for, and then they hit the record button. They discreetly hid the phone behind an object before returning to the main office, just before the power went out.
[break][break]
Initially, they found some amusement in the target's first reaction, but that amusement quickly faded as the man's Rotom activated the phone enough to send for help. "I should be surprised that you're a coward, but I'm not," they said, their voice concealing the anger they felt inside. "You can't even attempt to solve the problem on your own. Instead, you just throw your weight around."
[break][break]
If they were being honest with themselves, they also felt bitter and slightly offended. However, they knew it was silly to feel that way since they didn't really know the older man. But there was something about him that reminded them of their parents.
[break][break]
Upon hearing the target's comment, they rolled their eyes, even though the other person couldn't see it. "Listen up, asshole. You should have escaped when you had the chance. All those who fled when Team Rocket first targeted Sootopolis, you should have joined them, but you didn't. By staying, you pledged your allegiance to Team Rocket," they said, their voice calm but cold.
[break][break]
Before the target could respond, they continued speaking. "It's not really about Team Rocket, is it? You just don't want to pay because you're stingy. I'm not stupid; I know how it works. The wealthy stay wealthy by keeping the money to themselves, and that's why you don't want to pay up."
[break][break]
They understood how it worked. Their own parents had refused to pay their debts, and as a result, people had come looking for them, and they had suffered the consequences of their parents' mistakes. They wouldn't allow something like that to happen again.
[break][break]
Although they appeared fixated on the target, they were actually paying attention to their surroundings. They didn't know who the target had called, but they had imagined what the person might be like in their mind.
[break][break]
Most likely, the person wouldn't have guns, as that would attract too much attention, and something told them that the guy didn't want that. This also ruled out a sword, crossbow, and bow and arrow. All of those would draw too much attention. If they had to guess, they would assume that the person might have knives as weapons.
[break][break]
If not, then it would come down to hand-to-hand combat. They had actually learned martial arts, but only because their parents had wanted their children to appear more impressive. Essentially, it was just something for their parents to show off to other wealthy parents.[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 21:48:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Coward? The man bristles as he rises to the bait. "Kid, you don't know a damn thing about me."[break][break]

He only grows more belligerent when allegiance is brought into the conversation. While many had fled the Rocket occupied city, not all who'd remained had done so with appreciation for their new 'government'. This man, evidently, was among the dissenters.[break][break]

"I pledged my allegiance to no one. You assholes strut in here like you own the place and expect me to pay tribute from a business I've owned since before you were in diapers? Fuck that. Fuck you."[break][break]

The Rotom detaches from the phone, DISCHARGING a wave of electrical energy.[break][break]

The lights in the business go out. From his place on the bench, Cillian looks up. He notices a duo approaching the building with intent, and recognizes the threat behind their swift action. He hadn't promised intervention, but this was meant to be a one-on-one. The kid wasn't Rocket yet, not quite under his protection, but this job wasn't going to go sour on his watch.[break][break]

They never make it inside. From within, Sage will no doubt hear the shouting. The sounds of a battle.[break][break]

But his concern should be the man now rising from his chair, hoping to take advantage of whatever opening the Rotom had bought him to attack.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Lumity/Jayfeather

Sage, Morgan, Enigma
they/them/theirs
March 23rd
Unknown
bi-curious
Aspiring ninja
associate
5’7” height
5’7” height
awards
123 posts
sage morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sage
sage morgan
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 20:28:53 GMT
sage morgan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"You sure? Because you sure are getting defensive for someone who says I don't know what I'm talking about. And let's not forget you called for help. Hoping to fight dirty by ganging up on someone," they said with mock hurt, though if the boss was really paying attention, he might catch an undercurrent of sarcasm under their tone.
[break][break]
Getting him all riled up had been easy. A lot easier than they had thought it would be. Hah, had they hurt his ego or something? That's what it seemed like to them.
[break][break]
Wondering how far they could push it, they continued. Hopefully, he would get so mad he would mess up. Anger did tend to cloud a person's judgment. Made it so they didn't think things through.
[break][break]
"Ah yes, I'm sure those people you mentioned will be dealt with accordingly as well, if they ever make the foolish decision of opposing us anyway. The whole talk of owning a business before I was even born won't work on me. If that business was that important, you could've moved your business elsewhere, but considering that would've involved money, you chose to stay. You knew the rules when you decided to stay. Now anything that happens to you will be due to your own foolishness."
[break][break]
They might've continued saying more, but the targets Rotom made an appearance. As the lights went out, they remained silent. From the sounds outside, they could tell that Gavin had engaged in battle with the target's backup.
[break][break]
'So much for a surprise attack,' he mused to themself. The power outage stunt had caused the target the element of surprise. Not only that... but Sage fought exceedingly well in the dark. But could the same be said about the target?
[break][break]
One thing that most might not know was that he was always aware of his surroundings and that he thought on his feet. Meaning he was always prepared for any type of battle. Which is why he knew the target was the type to attack when he thought the opponent had let their guard down.
[break][break]
They were also aware that, in order not to get distracted, the target would keep his focus on them. So he wouldn't notice the Crobat appear outside the window behind the him. But Sage would and would tap their fingers against their leg. Which was some kind of signal, but to the boss, he would probably simply think they were bored, not knowing them that well.
[break][break]
Sensing the older male ready for an attack, they would suddenly pivot to face the older male's attack on. Though they kept his footing light in order to dodge if they had to, and the way they held their arms suggested they knew how to deflect attacks.
[break][break]
Unknown to the target, while he focused on attacking Sage, Nightwing would release a black cloud and use the wind from his wings to cause the Haze to seep through the cracks of the window into the room. The boss probably wouldn't notice until he realized that his vision was limited even more than it should be.[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 0:31:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's opponents don't last long against him. Tendrils of smoke and shadow bring them down, their Pokémon falling not long after.[break][break]

It's just long enough for the fight inside to conclude as swiftly as the fight without. Unarmed and untrained, the bravado of the store owner would be proven just that. It wouldn't take much to take him down, especially with the HAZE that shrouds the room.[break][break]

It's joined by SHADOW MIASMA as Cillian steps inside. He can't see the body through the smoke, can't tell its status.[break][break]

So he asks, "Alive or dead?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Lumity/Jayfeather

Sage, Morgan, Enigma
they/them/theirs
March 23rd
Unknown
bi-curious
Aspiring ninja
associate
5’7” height
5’7” height
awards
123 posts
sage morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sage
sage morgan
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 2:15:31 GMT
sage morgan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Their first instincts had been right. The guy sucked. Probably to use to throwing his weight around and making others fight his battles for him. The guy had no fighting abilities whatsoever. In fact the added benefit of Haze hadn’t been necessary since they were sure they would’ve been able to fight the guy with their eyes closed.
[break][break]
Having dodged his initial attack they went for their own attack. Which involved them hooking their legs out from under them and sending him to the ground. From the sound it sounded like his head hit the ground, but after checking his vitals he realized he was still alive just knocked out with possibility of him having a concussion.
[break][break]
They had just got done checking the targets vitals when the underboss made his appearance. “He’s alive but knocked out. May have a concussion, he knocked his head a bit hard,” he explained not seeming the least bit concerned about the possibility of him having a concussion.
[break][break]
Remembering the phone they ducked into the side room to retrieve it stopping the recording in the process. At the point of them stepping back into the room the Haze had begun to fade so he was able to navigate through it until he reached the underbosses side.
[break][break]
“I recorded the conversation. Unsure if you want to anything to him on your own but he can’t claim that he misplaced the money or some nonsense,” they said holding the phone out towards him. He was unsure if that would be the case but he was sure if it was they guy would be more prone to be intimidated by Gavin than him and would perhaps try and weasel out of trouble. No he knew he definitely would try and weasel out of trouble.
[break][break]
He had been around to many people like the business boss to not know the personality type. He had just said those things to him for no reason after all. He knew saying those things would get under his skin and that he would have to defend himself against an attack. He had even countered for him calling for back something that had failed considering the fact he had a rotom that had allowed for him to call for help.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + oh right we can just say Poseidon knocked out the Rotom. Couldn’t really figure out how to work it into the post without it seeming random. Also unsure if you want Cillian to do anymore to the boss. If not the recording could always be used to see if he did the task to Cillian’s standards

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 10:54:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Good."[break][break]

He'd offered no instruction, but learns through Sage's handling that he's not one to kill without reason. Targets were often more useful to Rocket alive than dead, unless it was an assassination mission. For that, they'd send in the Beasts.[break][break]

He takes the phone without hesitation.[break][break]

"Audio only?"[break][break]

He's not interested in the man's excuses. He cares only to learn more about his real target: .

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times