2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
knight of the night [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 5:06:11 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"Sounds like they poked one hell of an Ursarang. Feel sorry for those folks, they just wanted peace." Sometimes that's just how the die rolled didn't it? A solution that seemed like it was for the better good would turn sour down the lie and bite back right on the ass. Those kind of situations were just all too sad.

He honestly wasn't sure he agreed or not with the bard's words about life changing a person. It wasn't that he wasn't wrong but..no he was right. Life did have a way of changing them didn't it? "No kidding..." He thought back to a time when he was probably changed for the better. It wasn't a grand event or epic tale. No it was... "I do remember when a friend of mine set me back on the right path when I had doubts."

"I fancy myself a knight of sorts back home. Yet around me a whole lotta people showed they had special qualities. Maybe I was jealous, maybe it all made me feel small. It clouded my heart and I sought to do nothing but to get stronger. You'd think that'd clear everything up right? Well...maybe at first." His chest started stinging as he remembered the strike from his Urshifu, his face burned from the punch from him.

"A friend was there as I was training and I told him of my doubts. He slugged me. Right in the face." He pointed to a cheek with a grin, one of pride and longing, "He told me that I was being an idiot. That I didn't need some kind of special quality about me to help. People already thought of me as their hero. That what I had already done did matter to them. To their hearts."

His words echoed in his head once again, "He then told me that I needed to just persevere if I wanted to be strong. That I couldn't let the troubles of the world put me down. That even if it did I just needed to stand back up. Stand back up and aim to overcome it. I like to think I still do that even if the world becomes a scary place as time goes by. I just wish he was still around to stand with me...I miss him."

A tear rolled down his face.

[kaz shares his talk with ]

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 16:46:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]▇▇▇▇

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Dink Dink Donk
[attr="class","monody"]
Heavy Is The Crown
As before, the Troubadour quietly listened to the Nameless One's story, taking in every word. It was an intriguing tale of change, of someone who wanted to change themself to be as special as those around them. And how they learned that they shouldn't push themself too hard to achieve this.

"You certainly carry yourself as a knight," it said, "I even heard you even trounced one of our Fighters on the way here! It would seem your friend's words - and fist - were guided well. It can indeed be tempting to try and overcompensate when others around you possess abilities you do not, but you won't have much to show for it if you push yourself too hard."

"But of course, you shouldn't give up trying to better yourself. You simply need to know your limits, before you can properly push them~"

The Troubadour lifted up their lute, strumming along. A brief shimmer appeared at the other end of the bridge, before disappearing into nothingness. "I'd say two stories is sufficient material to work with. I won't hold you here any longer - you are free to go."

The Troubadour went silent for a moment, before perking up. "Ah, but I do suppose I owe you a story, per our agreement. This one is of a certain someone you'll be speaking with very soon."

Once more, its fingers plucked away at the lute as it spoke its tale.

There was once a boy, small and frail, yet eager and bold. The world was not a kind one to one of his condition, and he wanted to change it, no matter what resistance he faced. It wasn't an easy journey, but he made progress one step at a time. He made the world better, not just for himself, but for all that lived within it.

And then one day, after a simple walk through the woods, he found himself plucked from that world before he knew it.

He found himself in a new world, one that was a paradise in comparison to the world he knew - yet it was one where those without purpose were doomed to a terrible fate. And his only way out was quickly robbed from him, so he had no choice but to find a purpose. And he'd been granted just that: to change this world as he saw fit.

But now he found himself with a new conundrum: how does one change paradise for the better? And slowly, it dawned on him: he only needed to change the world.

Those changes didn't need to be for the better.

The Troubadour lowered its lute, the smile on its face gone. It looked the Nameless One straight in the eyes.

"I ask that you be kind when you speak with our Ruler, difficult as he may be to speak with."

Prompts:

: Continue to the castle
Optional: Ask any questions you may have

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 18:22:04 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

The story stirred something deep in Kazimir as he listened. He could almost relate to the young one in the tale as he too wanted to try and change the world back home. Change it into something where every one could feel safe, where they could all smile. By the sound of it though he came at a dead end with that dream and decided to take matter into his own hands. It didn't go as planned. Kaz had to respect the attempt though, it takes guts to try and do something like that even if what comes out of it doesn't end well.

The request to be kind to the ruler though is...something. He opens his mouth to try and object, to try and say that he didn't deserve it, but then he closed his hole. After listening to the story he was starting to put two and two together. Even if he wasn't a fan of this Ruler guy maybe there was a way to let this end on a good note. "Sure. I'll keep that in mind."

Its a small promise he probably couldn't keep but he'll try. With that he makes his way to meet with this Ruler and have a little heart to heart with him.

[makes his way to the castle!]

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 1:27:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1158883508266221668/RoyalAudience_quiet.mp3?ex=65820fdf&is=656f9adf&hm=293100da684ec4910f4f0accc16a3f3e0089fd9ecc8046fae5fea7acab56af5b&[/player]
A Royal Audience

[attr="class","puppycat"]It's dat boiiii
[attr="class","monody"]
The Emerald Throne
The Troubadour merely nodded, retaking its seat upon the bridge, plucking away until the next wayward wanderer came by.

The walk to the castle would be surprisingly uneventful - no wily fae would come to interrupt the Nameless One as they approached, no speaker to announce their arrival. All that stood before them was a magnificent, green castle. The way to the throne room was a simple one, with the inside of the castle more of an imitation of a castle than a real one; close observation would show the side rooms as either empty, if there were even spaces behind the doors.

They'd soon reach the throne room, a room that seemed to be made out of emerald. There were no lights to provide illumination to the room, yet all was clear to see - including the familiar fae sitting atop the emerald throne.

He sat there, a bemused smile upon his face, his legs crossed as he laid back upon his throne. It was just the Ruler, the Nameless One, and the Fairy in this room now, yet the Ruler seemed to have no fear on his face. A low hum reverberated through the room, coming from behind the throne.

"I'd say you've done well to get this far," he said, a small chuckle escaping his throat, "and I know this isn't merely a social visit. You're here for something close to you, something dear that you need."

He bent forward, propping his face up with the palm of his hand. "So tell me: how do you plan to take your name back?"

Prompts:

: Answer the question

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 23:03:35 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

The Fairy hides behind Kaz's leg as they enter the throne room and the sight of the Fae Royal makes his eye twitch on instinct as a mixture of feelings surge through his whole body. Yet he also remembers what he has learned through this journey and lets his emotions run too wild.

With the question he was asked having a cool head was the best way to handle it, although the answer he was about to give was probably the opposite of level headed. It still came from the heart. "Why would I want it back? Its just a name after all. I don't need it to do what I gotta do. Which is help people. I can just make a new name for myself that way. So go ahead and keep it!"

[kaz...does nothing?]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:02:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]It's dat boiiii
[attr="class","monody"]
The Emerald Throne
The Nameless One's response had caught the Ruler off guard, his sly smile dropping. The look on his face spelled his words out before he even spoke them.

"
...really now? You won't even make an effort? You faced many trials to reach here, just to give it up?"

The Ruler's head slumped onto an upheld fist. "
Hardly a thrilling choice. I'd have expected you to put up a battle of some sort. You arriving here has been the first bit of excitement I've had in…I'm not sure how long."

He let out a long sigh. "
But by all means: how do you plan to leave this realm without your name? One needs a name to leave, and not simply a name they are given within this kingdom; a name is an important thing, after all. You need it to return to your world…unless you plan to stay here, as my subject? Or perhaps you plan to stay until you can prey about a lost wanderer, and take their name for yourself? Though I assure you, you'll have have become a fey long before then."

The Ruler gazed down upon the Nameless One.

"Perhaps I'll have become Kazimir by then. I do possess the name, after all. The ones in your life may never even know the one they've known is a Changeling."

Prompts:

: Explain your choice

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 4:41:47 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

A smirk spread on his face as he saw the king slump in his chair. With cross arms and a tilted head the Nameless One's face seemed to be brimming with the glow of confidence. "Oh I could stay here as long as I need to to earn a name for myself. Did that back in my home." The name Pokkenger was nothing but a rumor on the berry bush till he started popping up in more and more places, and Kazimir Wynter was just a kid from Galar till his skill in the gym circuit started to spread. Shouldn't be too hard of a task to do it in a mystical kingdom, that was where his blood came from after all if you asked Galar historians.

"But I don't plan on being your subject. Well, not an obedient one anyway. Got my own way of doing things...sure you used to do that too right? Before you became the ruler of this place," time to set the bait, "Back before you came to this kingdom, or other world, I mean. You tried to make the world better for yourself and everyone else, then things got complicated am I right? Story as old as time."

[kaz explains and sets his trap]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 16:49:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]He mad
[attr="class","monody"]
King Angy
The Nameless One's brimming confidence only seemed to annoy the Ruler further.

"It matters little whether the name is given to you or you feel it is earned. If your name is one that is given to you here, then you will truly be bound to this world. Just as I have been bound as a Ruler. The only way out of that is to take the name of another - and there would be no assurance that your new life would be in any way similar to the one you had before."

A mild look of bemusement found itself on the Ruler's face as the Nameless One expressed their insistence to resist - until the Nameless One made mention of his past.

That brought a new look to the Ruler's face - one of anger as he glared straight into the Nameless One's eyes.

"You would dare speak of my life, as if you truly know it?!" The Ruler gripped his throne tightly. "It didn't merely 'get complicated'! My entire purpose was stolen from me the moment I came here! This world was so…so perfect. I'd dedicated so much to changing my world for the better that I didn't know what to do here."

He let out a sigh. "The Troubadour didn't tell you what happens when you stay here without a purpose. It's a constant of this world, a rule not even I could change: any creature that lacks a purpose, or fails to meet their purpose here, is doomed to become a 'Beast'. And a Beast's purpose is to destroy."

"And the only way to truly 'change' this world is to be a Ruler. And the one who took my name oh so kindly left the space open. So you can see where that left me off."

Prompts:

: What will you do now?

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 5:36:15 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

Well that got a reaction out of them. It also revealed something that Kaz himself wasn't sure what to do it. He certainly didn't want to be stuck here and turn into some kind of ugly monster. Looking at the choices in front of him it started to feel like he lucked out of the bad ending of some visual novel route. If only was here to give him a hint or some words of encouragement, that guy was probably a wiz at these kind of things.

Still he gave a little bit of thought as he crossed his arms and tapped his finger against his chin. The Ruler did seem pretty angry that he was stuck here and in the job he was in. The lightbulb in his brain started to flicker but he needed a little more of...something. If he wasn't the Ruler anymore he would just turn into a Beast and while Kaz would love to slap the guy once he didn't want to be that cruel. If he was willing to tell him about the Beast rule of this place then maybe there's something else he could dig up...

"Alright. So I take it you hate being here yeah? I think I can sympathize. Ya wanted paradise, got it and had no idea what to do with it and stuck with it. You must be bored outta your mind then. So...how about I take that name of Ruler off ya? In return I help ya get back to your world! Its the role of the one named Pokkenger to help those with troubles after all! Hell we can even call ya...Wanderer if ya need a new name!"

[kaz offers to take the Ruler's place and help him find his way home]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 19:58:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1096886782798331986/HeartToHeart.mp3?ex=65ecbeec&is=65da49ec&hm=a939fc00b010057018671ea56868cee0bc51daf478f77f4106646b217c9f8ebd&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]He confuse
[attr="class","monody"]
A Key Choice
The Nameless One spoke their offer: they would not try to reclaim their own name, but they would be willing to take the spot the Ruler left. For any Kingdom needed a Ruler.

The Ruler's sour expression softened, surprise upon his face. A few seconds passed before he could come up with an answer.

"
You…would truly not try to retake your name? You would let me leave with it, and assume the role I once did? In spite of the madness you've learned that it's wrought me?"

There was no mocking tone to his voice, no anger. Pure confusion left his lips.

"
It is not an easy task, to be Ruler. And know that once you take the mantle, you will be unable to change it, lest you take a Lost One's name for yourself - and bequeath the old title upon another."

The Ruler let out a sigh, before looking the Nameless One in the eyes.

"
If you truly wish to take my role, then repeat the following words: 'I accept the title of Ruler, that the previous Ruler has so graciously offered me.'"

Prompts:

: Speak the words...or do not speak them.

This choice will decide the ending of this tale.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 19:41:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(DEFAULT LOSS)