part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 6:01:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Surprisingly, Eva hadn’t stepped into her office all day. She had been out in the field with , taming ROARING MOONS and getting the observations and samples she needed for a fresh batch of tests. She’s tired, but what else is new? Freshly showered and shimmied into a clean pair of scrubs, she’s ready for another late night of processing the samples she’s acquired.

The fresh scent of coffee lingers as it usually does and a steamy cup takes its usual position in her hand. A surprise bouquet of camellias from Fiorelli Floristry () brings an unexpected pop of color to her otherwise sterile office space. She quickly plucks the card off the top to read it.

When you cease your yearning, I look
forward to seeing you fight for what
you desire most.

The words cling to her like a parasite. She disparages the tension by flicking the card towards the small trash can, finding some comfort in a sip of coffee and a distraction in sorting through the samples she's laid across her desk.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 6:13:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

YEARNING

MISSION

THIS TIME, he does not come for her. while she may be the head professor, his jurisdiction covers this entire floor. and, by extension, one .

the reflection of his reading glasses betray his entrance. florescent sound his arrival like primed floodlights. in his hands, several papers for her to review. it’s beyond the league’s particular expertise but having her double check and reference WHAT IS AN ANOMALY will prepare hoenn for the future.

are those from atkin’s arrangements,” comes a harmless observation.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 5:23:14 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 His arrival only interrupts her for a moment. She pauses to look back at the Councilman with a welcome smile, “Making the late night rounds, Silph?” but far more intriguing than his arrival are the papers he holds in his hands. Her gaze flicks to them momentarily before it returns to the task at hand.

She inspects the writing on a vial closely before placing it with the others of its kind. She doesn’t spare the flowers another look, “Now, they’re from Fiorelli Floristry,” if she had time to stay up to date in the news, perhaps she'd know Elisabeth’s shop had shut down. She remains blissfully unaware.

“Aren't you a little young for reading glasses?”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 7:09:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

YEARNING

MISSION

“OH?”

her answers garner greater scrutiny to her décor of choice. the consistent symmetrical rim of their petals makes each flower petitely uniform. a structured appearance that makes it more suitable for his office instead.

ah, well,” he brushes off, leaving for illeana’s office. “my vision isn’t what it used to be.

the grimdark humor is preached with his trademark deadpan delivery. whether it can be construed as a joke is up to the listener.

the sound of an office door opening and closing marks his return. this time his hands are empty.

morales, what time do you come in?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 7:28:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Considering the depth of Eva’s sense of humor, she does find his joke amusing despite the unimpressive delivery. What is impressive is that Fernando Silph has a sense of humor. Although unconventional, she finds it mildly charming. Without breaking focus, she smiles, laughing lightly to herself as he takes his leave.

By the time he comes back, the smile has faded and has been replaced with quiet contemplation. It comes in the form of a signature Eva look when someone has caught her cataloging information into the deep vaults of her mind: tight lips twisted up and her nose wrinkled above them. It falters when he returns and a hint of disappointment accompanies it when he’s empty handed.

“Depends on the day, I suppose,”’ she rises to round her desk, leaning back against the polished wood, “Today I came in quite late,” she smiles as if she’s expecting that to soothe his disappointment in her working habits.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 7:42:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

YEARNING

MISSION

HER ANSWER BEARS SCRUTINY. the same wrinkled nose of her concentration finds a home on his forehead. creases that crinkle above his brow in an attempt to dissect any truth from her.

do you find it easier to work this late at night? i imagine you could come in during earlier hours, when everyone is here, if you didn’t stay so late.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 5:07:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 His dissection would prove unrewarding, for he’s already been privy to the turmoil that haunts her. She was honest with him, and would continue to be until he gave her a reason to draw back into her solitude, “No,” she absentmindedly traced the sharp edge of her desk, “I just like to be productive when I’m awake,” anything else would be a waste of time, a commodity she valued.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 6:33:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

YEARNING

MISSION

“I SEE,” belies the skepticism in his words. “do remember to take necessary breaks. the mind and will may be strong but the body can be surprisingly frail.

his eye flirts with her vials, then moves onto her pot of coffee. in many ways, the silphs are the same. whether they realize it or not.

do you mind?

it’s the first time he’s asked to indulge.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 21:18:22 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 She’s painfully aware of how frail the body can be. It’s a sobering realization that has her craving ’ unyielding stamina at times, though that likely comes with its own set backs, “I’ll rest when I can,” she assures him while being careful to make no promises. In truth, she would love to rest but her mind won’t let her.

Out of habit, or perhaps hope, Eva always makes a full pot of coffee as if she’s expecting company. It’s become rare to share it with someone. Eva welcomes his indulgence with a smile, granting Fernando permission to partake in the ritual alongside her with a gentle motion towards the mugs neatly set to the pot’s side, “Please do.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 21:40:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

YEARNING

MISSION

“THANK YOU.”

what she doesn’t realize is that her permissions extends beyond just a cup of coffee. when given an inch, fernando takes the whole mile. invasive. intrusive. he knows the boundaries of what she means but pushes past. it’s the method to his process. an obtrusive path to progress.

having found his ‘in’, his attention occupies the test tubes from earlier. the concoction of her focus cannot evade his attention. even reduced to one eye, he catches that, along with her new flowers. he knows what he’s looking for.

anything that exists outside of his ‘pattern’.

i take it you’ll be here for a while?

he looks ready to leave.

unless you’re not testing for a chemical reaction.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 22:25:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It’s difficult to determine the boundaries when they are blurred and their borders wax and wane as easily as the tides of her emotions. Time and distractions have callously healed some wounds but uncertainty still demands flexibility. The uncertainty and fear still settles like a heavy fog, he’d need to tread carefully to not find himself lost in it. The borders of her trust could snap under the gentlest pressure - in his benefit or to his detriment.

“Yes,” she confirms, sipping the coffee while her gaze moves from him towards the samples. She is no stranger to an invasive Silph; They all are in some way, “I will eventually, but first I need to process these,” they’re fresh, and must be preserved and treated delicately. They were not easy to come by. Dragon taming was ’s wheelhouse, not Eva’s. She notes his desire to leave so quickly and stalls with another question, “Busy night?” she inquires, glancing at the coffee in his hand.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 22:47:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

YEARNING

MISSION

“AH,” he passes with some semblance of familiarity. how true that is remains to be seen. after all, ’s specialty is obvious. too, is associated with a certain niche. who can say the same about him?

what does council or silph co. truly mean?

indeed.

his answer is a well refined needle. quick to burst the bubble of, what he assumes to be, an open invitation. the way she leans on her desk, the fact she even subsided from her work. clues. small behaviors to note.

or gross apophenia on his part.

but,” he raises his cup, “i’m quite particular about my creamer. it’s easier to blend the flavors while it’s still piping hot.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 4:31:15 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Fernando continues to surprise her, even in the most subtle of ways, “Hm, I didn’t peg you for someone who likes cream in their coffee,” he gives off a ‘no nonsense’ kind of vibe and he certainly isn’t the kind of man to make things sweeter, “What kind is it? The creamer you like,” It’s the last question she’d ask before releasing him back into the wilds of late night headquarters. She finds herself genuinely curious.

They both have things to do. To linger too long on mindless conversation is something she missed but urgency doesn’t provide such a luxury. So even as he answers or leaves she’s shuffling the samples into their respective bags to take out of her office for processing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 7:19:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

YEARNING

MISSION

“PEOPLE LIKE TO THINK THEY KNOW ME.”

a lot is left unsaid. there are proper channels for discovery. methods that, usually involve a bit more discourse then what is appropriate for a league laboratory.

a local brand sourced from cait alfric, if you remember her.

they’re comfortable enough, or have a hectic enough workload, that conversation that float in the empty halls is seen as normal. no need for a personal connection or the tapering sound of one’s voice.

it’s more about supporting a local supplier than anything else.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
YEARNING
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 6:12:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 "Hm,"Eva could sympathize with the notion and a wave of guilt briefly brushes against her for making assumptions. That was silly.

Cait Alfric; their time together in AQUA was brief, but the former avatar’s stand off with , the Malevolent, at their first meeting was unforgettable. Even early in her tenure the League’s bickering was unbearable. Not much had changed, just the pawns that played the game.

“Yes, I remember her . . . and Senon,” not fondly, but not resentful either. Cait holds a neutral place in her mind, Senon a bit more unpredictable, “Well, enjoy,” she intends to send him off with a wistful smile, but pauses as she clutches the samples.

“Actually, one more thing,” there’s the faintest hint of hesitation discernible in the way she twitches to regard him once more, “I could use some help tomorrow with the actual tests. Do you think you could accommodate that request?”

An unease bubbles in her gut when she asks for help. It’s a thin thread of trust she weaves between them. In this case, she trusts he won’t send her someone incompetent.