Ashley Shepard
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 6:52:22 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

It's gotten worse.[break][break]

Here they sit, in a small eighties diner, quietly watching from the window the pouring raining getting worse by the second. It was bad before, but now it was like a full ass storm was blowing through with no intent to stop, nor to slow down. Rustboro just had a good sewer system. He hoped that were the case, anyways.[break][break]

He winces at the thought.[break][break]

Still, sitting here with a strawberry-banana milkshake in front of him, covered head-to-toe in the rain, he felt content. With silver strands of hair matted unevenly over his face, he looked through where he could to his newbie; Naia. She'd done well the last mission. Now, it was just time for her to enjoy herself. Celebrate. Down a milkshake, maybe get a bite.[break][break]

"So. What's your story?" He smiles, turning his head towards the darkness of the streets outside, the streetlights even obscured by the downpour. He wanted to know Naia's story, at least. If he intended to work with her more, he wanted to know who he was working with.[break][break]

Little icebreaker, it was.

[break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, VIBE MUSIC[break]
- Rain is worse, but they got their milkshakes.[break]
- Ash asks about Naia's story, curious to who he's working with.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 7:27:15 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","postwrap naia"]

[attr="class","postpoke"]

[attr="class","postflower"]
[attr="class","postquote"]
Wash away the evidence
[attr="class","postnotes"][break]
[break][break]NOTES:[break][break][break][break]

- - -

[attr="class","posttext"]

Naia's stare was mainly outside of the window, her attention in that very moment solely focused on the rushing water and splatter of rain. Rarely did she ever get to see such a scene, typically whenever there were downpours such as this she was in her home far above the ground. Then she felt like she was above it all, and now she really felt like she was apart of the world.

[break][break]The wet barely bothered her, a heavy drop rolled down from a wisp of her hair and down onto the table, the sound pulling her attention away from that scene and down at her hands. Lightly she hovered her uncovered hands around her milkshake, she recalled just wanting to order the same thing as Ashley but after the thought of her Zweilous's messy chops decided to go for something not red. So just requested of them to hold off on the strawberries for now, leaving her with what they called a vanilla and banana shake.

[break][break]"So. What's your story?"

[break][break]Naia would steal a glance towards Ashley, and then back down towards her phone that was stacked in between a bunch of napkins, the best equivalent to rice. She pondered on his question, mainly on what he was trying to ask. Was he asking for a bibliography of her life? And the more important question, how much did she reveal?

[break][break]"Uh.." She'd look past Ashley, seeing if there were anyone who could have been possibility ease dropping, her tension easing as she found no-one. "My mother is a CEO of a marketing company, and my father's a surgeon." and she was this.

[break][break]Naia had no known accomplishments, and haven't made any name for herself. Condensation outside of her glass rolled down and over her finger, and as she thought of what else to say she'd put her finger to her mouth to lap up the drip of water.

[break][break]"I'm bound to take over the company, but there was no guarantee that.. they.." even if she didn't think anyone was listening it was probably for the best for her to avoid using Rocket and instead tried to hint on who she was talking about, ..would find me trustworthy. I guess.. I uh.. picked up a third job."

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","posttags"][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","postcredit"]
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=".naia"] --accent:#59709A!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:558px; min-height:615px; padding:25px 36px 25px 25px; overflow: hidden; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 20px,#121212 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap img]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postflower]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/4L7iTdL.png);background-position:center bottom;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap table] width:100%; min-height:591px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap td]box-sizing:border-box;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postnotes]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 800 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -3px 3px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttags]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 900 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext]box-sizing:border-box; min-height:591px; padding:65px 20px 20px 20px; font:12px Roboto, sans serif; text-align:justify; text-indent: 5px; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 14px,#272727 0); border-top:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext break] text-indent: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext b] color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext i] color:var(--accent); opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postquote]position:absolute; left:145px; top:15px; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-size:35px; color:#BFB9B6; transform: rotate(5deg); letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);font-family:"Oswald";[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke]box-sizing:border-box; position:absolute; bottom:29px; left:175px; width:320px; height:20px; text-align:right; padding:5px!important; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent); border-top: 1px solid var(--accent); background-color:#121212;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke img]position:relative; margin-top:-33px; margin-right:16px; margin-left:-9px; width:43px; height:43px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit]position:absolute;bottom:15px;right:10px;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit a]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 2:51:39 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Thankfully for them, not many people were around. Not a lot of people want a milkshake in the cold and the rain. It was staggeringly few, but those workers were paid to be there, and Ash and Naia could at least benefit a little.[break][break]

Still, her story was a lot better than his. A lot happier, it seemed. She got to have a mom. She got to have a dad. And on the mention of a third job, Ashley's silver eyes widened. "Three? Yeesh, and here I thought hustle culture was toxic. You're over here running the marathon." He jesters lightly, but quits as he looked over his own milkshake, swishing it around.[break][break]

He wanted to ask why, but maybe money was tight. Or maybe it was a trust thing. Or maybe... something else.[break][break]

"How is having a mom and dad, anyways?"[break][break]

It's an innocent enough question, and one that actually does plague his mind. Ashley never got to feel the real love of a mother, or the pride of a father. He never got to enjoy those things. They felt so foreign to him, and yet it seemed like she had them, and that was that. Like a cursory glance, and that was it.[break][break]

"Mom had to give me away when I was young. Dad was-" he bites his bottom lip, turning to the inky blackness. "Dad was real problematic." He finally finishes, not wishing to go into it further.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley... asks what it's like having caring parents. He doesn't know that life.[break]
- Talks about his own parents. What little he knows of them.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 3:33:20 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Wash away the evidence

- - -

"Three? Yeesh, and here I thought hustle culture was toxic. You're over here running the marathon."

[break][break]Naia's eyes drifted back outside, unsure of how she was supposed to reply to such a comment. To her this was just normal.
[break]What she was expected to do.

[break][break]"How is having a mom and dad, anyways?"

[break][break]This drawn Naia back to him. She may have not been the brightest bulb when it came to socializing but she understood the essence of a question like that. Only someone who doesn't have something would ask how something is, and she didn't have to wait long for him to explain.

[break][break]She must have had something wrong with her, because while he spoke she couldn't understand the pain he was feeling. But what she could understand was that it hurt and she didn't know how to help with hurt in the emotional sense. Maybe if she lived a life where her mother didn't exist-- then maybe she'd have some form of freedom.

[break][break]No.

[break][break]A new cage would be placed on her. Naia currently lived the life of freedom in a finical sense, she traded her right to being a human being so that she could live the cushion path her mother set out for her. At least what she could do for him is tell him what it was like, maybe that could help him gain some form of closure.

[break][break]"My mother.. She told me that she had a plan when she moved into Slateport. She left her family when her brother took the inheritance, you can say she wanted to proof them wrong. She said that even after picking out the perfect husband, she didn't calculate her child to be such a disappointment."

[break][break]Naia didn't need to think on the spot for this kind of information, this was just fact. Something she heard multiple times growing up.

[break][break]"She didn't want some school to teach me.. uh garbage so she homeschooled me herself. Once I finished all the curriculum she threw me into medical school. I guess she thought if I was going to be useful it would at least be an assistant to my Father. I'm sure she has a back up to take over the company if I don't manage to live up to her expectations then."

[break][break]Naia at this point wasn't even sad about the fact, she had given up a long time ago on the dream of living up to their expectations. She knew they were insatiable.

[break][break]"My Father.. hm.. I guess he's harder to explain. His existence is like water. I only really get to see him occasionally at home and at the clinic whenever I'm his assistant. He just listens to my Mother. If you want I can always set up a meeting for you."

[break][break]The awkwardness in her voice returned when it came to her father, finding it a lot harder to just regurgitate information on someone who just was so ambiguous in her life. Naia would pick up her drink, taking a few sips out of her drink, giving herself a moment to just enjoy the taste. After talking about her Mother so much she couldn't help but look over and check her phone, it was still dead from all the water.

[break][break]Not like there was much she could do about it now other than flipping it onto the other side, but she can imagine her mother eventually figuring out where she was and giving her a good slap. Naia could almost hear the venom her mother would throw at her, especially if she found out she was playing hooky with Ashley.

[break][break]"Oh."

[break][break]She remembered something he said earlier, placing her drink back down as she pondered how to ask him.

[break][break]"You.. uh- mentioned a partner earlier. Do you normally do.. outings like this with them? Does everyone eventually get a partner?"

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.postwrap]position:relative; box-sizing:border-box; width:558px; min-height:615px; padding:25px 36px 25px 25px; overflow: hidden; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 20px,#121212 0);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postwrap img]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postflower]position:absolute; top:16px; left:16px; width:150px; height:500px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/4L7iTdL.png);background-position:center bottom;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postnotes]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 800 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -3px 3px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttags]border-top: 2px solid var(--accent);font: 900 15px Poppins; line-height:5px;text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttext]box-sizing:border-box; min-height:591px; padding:65px 20px 20px 20px; font:12px Roboto, sans serif; text-align:justify; text-indent: 5px; background-image:linear-gradient(-45deg, transparent 14px,#272727 0); border-top:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postquote]position:absolute; left:145px; top:15px; width: 400px; text-align:center; font-size:35px; color:#BFB9B6; transform: rotate(5deg); letter-spacing:2px; text-transform:uppercase; text-shadow: -2px 2px 0 var(--accent);font-family:"Oswald";[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke]box-sizing:border-box; position:absolute; bottom:29px; left:175px; width:320px; height:20px; text-align:right; padding:5px!important; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent); border-top: 1px solid var(--accent); background-color:#121212;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postpoke img]position:relative; margin-top:-33px; margin-right:16px; margin-left:-9px; width:43px; height:43px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; background-size: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postcredit]position:absolute;bottom:15px;right:10px;transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 6:15:37 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

It sounded oddly comforting. Depressing in a way, yes, being seen as a disappointment. Ashley never knew how it felt to even be registered AS a disappointment, let alone as a child to someone. At best, foster parents had attempted. Most of the time, they were abusive. He never knew parental love from a parent. At best, he knew of it from a drug addicted mother who got him out when she could, but that was it.[break][break]

So alien. He sips on his shake, and leans back to look back to Naia as she asks him about . "Nah, nothing like that. You can work with someone often, like I do with , but... I'm talking more romantically." He gives a very big smile on his face, as he looks down to his hand, holding the shake.[break][break]

"Kep is the smartest, sassiest person I know. He's this sweet flower who you just want to watch bloom. He grounds me in reality, and anchors me to whatever happiness I have left here in Rocket. My moonlight in the night." He speaks so well of the apple of his eye, that as he takes another sip, he hardly needs to elaborate. "I... don't want him to see me kill. I guess I'm protective of my image with him."[break][break]

Who could blame him? After all. The last time he hardly came back at all. More of his soul burned away. The scales keep trying to tip him one way, and he has to course correct.[break][break]

"Parents... that's just so odd. My only experience is my father trying to overdose my pregnant mom when she had me. He's dead now though."[break][break]

And that one would sit in the air for a moment. Ash taking a long sip from his shake.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash remarks about having a partner like Kep, and explains how he feels about him.[break]
- Parents are weird for him.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 15:01:19 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Wash away the evidence

- - -

Naia wad following what he was saying, Slight nods of her head to his words, until he started going more abstract. She didn't really understand how a person could be like a flower outside of fragility and she sure as hell didn't know how one could bloom. But none of that really matters compared to the rest of his words, Naia understood that Ashley didn't like Rocket.

[break][break]His words afterwards contrast the joyous feelings he was having just a moment ago. She didn't like killing either, but that was because she didn't like the guilt to be on her conscious but her job with her father has always been life or death at your will. Death to Naia didn't feel the same as others may see it, it's an inevitability-- a promise, and lately Naia has just been pushing that hour hand.

[break][break]"Parents... that's just so odd. My only experience is my father trying to overdose my pregnant mom when she had me. He's dead now though."

[break][break]Why? There was so many things she wanted to make a comment on but she didn't know where to start. Maybe starting with this first and then working her way backwards would be best.. but.. Naia didn't understand that train of thought, was there something that wrong with having a kid? If anything this just showed the full extend to the selfishness people have that her Mother once told her.

[break][break]"My.. Mother said that selfishness is like a bubble. Everyone has one.. What's important is to tell where other people's greed end though. Because if you try to take too much from it, they'll bite back. You can say it's karma."

[break][break]It was probably why Naia can coexist with big personalities, she didn't really have much of a bubble herself so there was never a worry of how much someone took and if she took from others. Her mind was trying to trace back through their conversation, eventually landing on when he was talking about partners. In a weird way she was a big disappointed, it would have been nice to eventually have someone you knew would always take your side and back.

[break][break]"I hope I get to work with Jay--den a lot."

[break][break]A momentary slip up, as her ears would flush slightly. She was trying hard to beat that habit of calling by that nickname, she knew he didn't like it and the last thing she'd want is to cause any more grief. He was one of the only people that she knows inside of Rocket, and someone she was comfortable with-- well I guess she could add another person on that list.

[break][break]"A-and you too.. but I don't know if your.. uh.. spouse would like that. So far people have died on every one of my missions.."

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 6:32:53 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Like a bubble, huh?[break][break]

That made sense. Everyone had their personal space, and when someone invaded it, took too much, or did something in that bubble that the other person didn't want, that karmic bite would always come in like a bear trap. It made Ashley wince, but it had a certain element of truth to it.[break][break]

Though people like Isaac had none such to speak of.[break][break]

A familiar name leaves her lips, and Ashley's silver eyes light up with recognition, as he turns to face her. Part of him wonders if she and he had done jobs together. He felt a bitter pang in his chest. Why him? Why was it always Jay? He's not irritated, just a little curious now. Though when he understands why, he chuckles.[break][break]

"Nah. I always come back." He says, feeling proud now of his survival on Mt. Pyre during Meteno, and in the Ultra Sea. "Sides. I'm not cheater either. He trusts me." He shoots Naia a big ol' smile, twisting in his seat, arm over the back now before turning it to the window.[break][break]

Now or never, he supposes.[break][break]

"How... do you know Jayden?" he inquires, a brow risen.[break][break]

It was an innocent enough question, but one that would plague his mind if he didn't know.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash remarks that he always came back. So much so he doesn't even consider it an issue.[break]
- He's not even seeing it romantically. He knows Kepler trusts him.[break]
- He is curious... how does Naia know Jayden?

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 16:21:00 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Wash away the evidence

- - -

"Nah. I always come back."

[break][break]Naia face would have the slightly movement, a small tense at his words. She didn't know if it was because she was upset that he misunderstood what she meant, or the fact that he instantly assumed her partners kept dying on missions with her. If it was the former was there any point in correcting him? Not really. And if it was later, then that just showed how Rocket was just going to get more dangerous for Naia. Not easier like she hoped.

[break][break]"Sides. I'm not cheater either. He trusts me."

[break][break]His next statement had more of a reaction, one of confusion in fact. With a raised eyebrow Naia would watch him flash his smile and get himself more comfortable in his seat. With only her parents as a real example of what relationships were like, she never understood the anxiety or fear of getting cheated on. Her father could spend weeks staying late at work and her mother would still treat him exactly the same way when he came back.

[break][break]Was Ashley the one more scared about cheating?

[break][break]At that thought Naia tilted her head, staring him down as she was trying to figure out this conundrum. Then he spoked up.

[break][break]"How... do you know Jayden?"

[break][break]Did he know Jayden too? I mean that made sense. Both of them were Rocket and surely they have done missions together before. It wasn't the same sort of anxiety or concern she'd typically show when she furrowed her grows, her head tilting off to the side as she'd think of how exactly she wanted to word this. She didn't want to give too much, after all the reasons why Naia and Jayden knew each other was through their parents dealing and she didn't feel comfortable saying anything that could affect his company.

[break][break]"I.. uh used to see Jayden a lot growing up. You could say.. my mom and his dad were friends.. and we were just a long for the ride. He.."

[break][break]She didn't know how to word this next part, the bashful nature of the subject would brighten up Naia's ears once more as she'd avert any eye contact.

[break][break]"..was my only friend growing up.."

[break][break]Friend was a strange way to word. To Naia who never really interacted with any kid her age at that time, and was really the only peer she had. Only connection to the outside world whenever they hung out, but saying anything more than just friend felt awkward. As her mind was stumbling over these thoughts her ears would only deepen further and further before she'd eventually just blurt out.

[break][break]"H-Have you done missions together?"

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 21:28:15 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Another childhood friend? Ashley's jaw hangs slack a moment, and he finally readjusts himself. With a smile, he just takes another swig of his milkshake, and leans against where he sat, eyes looking away.[break][break]

Her only friend growing up, huh?[break][break]

Where had he heard that before? He knew. It was like that a long time ago for him to. Ashley could feel his heart hurting more now. He didn't hate Jayden anymore. He just... it was weird. It still was, it always would be. But what makes it worse is that her mom and his dad were friends. Which means, to some degree... Naia was in close proximity to a monster.[break][break]

So. As crap as it made him feel, he let it loose past his lips.[break][break]

"Jay and I... yeah, we have. I knew him in the Kanto days." That should be enough of a sign. A moment of hesitation, he can't look Naia in the eyes. He looks towards the jukebox instead, seeing it in its defunct state. "Best friends back then. Until I left."[break][break]

There. Out in the world now. Now, what were they?[break][break]

Coworkers.[break][break]

What else?

[break][break]

NOTES

- Convo gets on Jayden now. Oof.[break]
- Ash explains his past with Jayden to Naia, even using his nickname he gave him.[break]
- He seems troubled.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 3:19:45 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Wash away the evidence

- - -

"Jay and I... yeah, we have. I knew him in the Kanto days."

[break][break]Naia's eyes would light up when she hard him say Jay, the momentary excited causing her to recoil back and turtle slightly. She was just excited that someone else knew about his nickname, she was always so nervous of accidently letting it slip.. especially in front of Jayden.

[break][break]"Best friends back then. Until I left."

[break][break]"B-But.. y-you guys must have been re-really close if he let you call him Jay."

[break][break]There was this twinge of something in her throat when she said that. It felt like mud for a short second, something she really couldn't explain till she thought back on the conversation. It took a second before that feeling was quickly suffocated with the feeling of shame, her hands moving from the table down into her lap hiding the fact she'd grip onto her pant legs. She rarely felt it, but envy was a really gross feeling.

[break][break]"I-i uh- I guess it was hard to stay friends when you separated, huh?"

[break][break]Maybe this wasn't a conversation to have, most people don't like talking about things that they lost. She learned that lesson first hand from her mother.

[break][break]"A-actually you don't have to talk about it. Uh--"

[break][break]What else could they talk about?" Naia was nervous, one of her hands reaching up to her neck to rub it. It was a common tick she had whenever she felt a bit overwhelmed, but soon it'd eventually make it's way to her cup where the other would join soon afterwards. She knew a topic Ashley liked.

[break][break]"H-How did you and.. uh-- Kep.. met?"

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 6:45:46 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Months ago, hell, half a year ago, Ash would have snapped at her. To hell with him, but nowadays that demeanor shifts. He doesn't hate Jayden. Sure, they can't be as close as they were before, but they could be friends again. They WERE friends. Kind of.[break][break]

"Yeah. We were. Turns out though, when I wanted out of Rocket, he had a problem with that. We had an... altercation, and I left." Ashley says it plainly, before throwing his hand to the side. Now he can make fun of it at least. "Then he tried to kill me near Dewford a year ago, I got back in Rocket, and well. We're good now."[break][break]

You know. Kind of.[break][break]

At least Naia asked for a change in subject. Ashley needed it, and the moment that she gets nervous, he's combing through his own topics, before Naia asked about . And he brightens considerably.[break][break]

"God... alright, so. There I am, getting lunch with an old friend of mine. They bail on me, whatever. I catch getting some groceries, right? Best friend, we're homies. Then all of a sudden, I see this skinny guy near him." His face is red now, cheeks heating up enough as he looks lovingly towards the table. It's a fond memory. "Idunno what came over me, but I want to make sushi for the duo. We go to my place, and I make food for the two, and uh-"[break][break]

He rubbed his cheek.[break][break]

"It's where my Scorbunny hatched. Sunny's birthday. I saw Kep's own Raboot, and figured hey, it's near Halloween, let's go trick or treat. And he comes in this cute Dr. Victor Frankenstein outfit with his Raboot as the monster. Kep and I kiss under a streetlight. Rest is history."[break][break]

He's babbling. He's red in the cheeks, and yet his grinning so much, he just focuses on it enough that it clearly airs out any dirty laundry from before. He begins to laugh, as he rubs his neck. Did he really have to explain it all like that?[break][break]

"Isaac was the reason I even had a chance with him. Love that guy." Ash is grinning now, begins to drink more. He was in such a good mood now. And he had to ask. "What about you? Any romance?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley is vibing, and tells Naia about his stilted relationship to Jayden. It is going okay now?[break]
- Talks about meeting Kep, the story of sushi day. Isaac is the reason he had the chance.[break]
- Inquires to Naia about her own love life. If she had one!

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 9:00:23 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Wash away the evidence

- - -

"Yeah. We were. Turns out though, when I wanted out of Rocket, he had a problem with that. We had an... altercation, and I left. Then he tried to kill me near Dewford a year ago, I got back in Rocket, and well. We're good now."

[break][break]Even for Naia there was so much to take in. She merely thought it was a distance issue that strained a friendship but now it seemed so much more than that. If he would have told her months ago, no, hours ago, Naia too would have been shocked about the mention of Jay trying to kill him, but that seems to be the norm in Rocket.

[break][break]But seeing the shift in his demeanor and face was more than worth the conversation change.

[break][break]"God... alright, so. There I am, getting lunch with an old friend of mine. They bail on me, whatever. I catch ISAAC MERLO getting some groceries, right? Best friend, we're homies. Then all of a sudden, I see this skinny guy near him."

[break][break]While he spoke, Naia took this as an opportunity to just sit there and listen and it was also the best time for her to focus on actually drinking her shake then letting it melt on the table. It was truly a wonder, the more matter of fact kind of way he was speaking before had completely disappeared and he was far more animated; it was such a change that Naia was beginning to wonder if this is what his true colours were actually.

[break][break]"Idunno what came over me, but I want to make sushi for the duo. We go to my place, and I make food for the two, and uh-"

[break][break]Her attention was completely on him, even lingering on his bright cheeks and the nervous way he touched his face. It was such a vastly different reaction then she had ever seen, especially when it came to her mother talking about how she came to meet Naia's Father. It felt more surgical than this.. Naia's head would tilt as she tried to find the word.. fluff?

[break][break]"It's where my Scorbunny hatched. Sunny's birthday. I saw Kep's own Raboot, and figured hey, it's near Halloween, let's go trick or treat. And he comes in this cute Dr. Victor Frankenstein outfit with his Raboot as the monster. Kep and I kiss under a streetlight. Rest is history."

[break][break]There was already a lot of backstory, names being thrown about and the most confusing part to Naia was that just because they had similar Pokémon that they kissed. It wasn't like her and Ashley were going to kiss because they had different kind of Zoruas, so maybe there was something more fundamental she was missing. Maybe it was the cuteness he keeps mentioning, or the fact that she and him weren't flowers as he had described before.

[break][break]Still he seemed really happy none the less, and while Naia was trying to digest it all his voice pulled her back. Isaac was also a named that got mentioned a lot too, though since he isn't saying that he was cute she can't imagine that this was a three way relationship.

[break][break]"What about you? Any romance?"

[break][break]Instantly he'd see her furrow her brows. This was awkward, she didn't know if she should lie or not about this. It wasn't a special story, it wasn't like his escapades with Halloween costumes and-- She bit down on her straw, her face getting visibly darker before she'd let it go and take in a breath.

[break][break]"Uhm... So-Sort of.."

[break][break]She didn't want to lie to him, it was far harder to lie to someone than it was to tell the truth. But what did she say? That she talked about fake dating someone to appease her mother and his? That he was who is practically a target for Rocket? Or-- her ears would slowly start to glow when she recalled the embarrassing way they met, her hands gripping onto the cup for any form of support.

[break][break]"I-I've been on.. a lot of dates before. My mother likes to set me up on.. blind dates with potential suitors. There is no.. uh.. It's just awkward a lot of the time.."

[break][break]She dreaded them honestly, they were always days of her getting degraded and berated by her mother, forcing her to pretend to be someone else and still having the dates turn out horrible. At some point Naia just gave up trying for them, and just found ways to subtly ruin it, well.. until--

[break][break]"W-W-Well.. I guess.. I'm engaged now, just to stop the dates.. My mother is starting to get really pushy about.. me getting married and stuff. S-She's uh.. really invested in this relationship too.. so.. uh.."

[break][break]What was she saying? Where was she going with his? Her head was spinning trying to find ways to beat around the bush and avoid certain topics. She needed to find a way to end the subject.

[break][break]"Th-There really wasn't any like.. kiss - kisses like yours I guess."

[break][break]Why did she say that?

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 3:38:50 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

He drinks more of his shake, deciding to listen to Naia. She had listened to her the whole time, might as well return the favor. And so, he sips his shake and lets her go off.[break][break]

So Naia was dating, and thanks to her mother setting up suitors. Potential ones. This was alien to him. Ash just had to gawk. "Parents do that shit? God, now I'm glad my parents are gone. That sounds awkward." He laughs, but he knows that his inability to understand stems from the lack thereof. He wanted to understand. But he did not.[break][break]

Oh well.[break][break]

Quite another thing to hear the word engagement, and he just kind of drops his shake, though it thankfully lands flat. A marvelous feet. His eyes shoot open. It was to stop her mom pushing her to people, and he just kind of... blinks.[break][break]

"Oh my Arceus, I didn't realize it was that bad." The fact they didn't kiss doesn't even register, it's simply the state of it all.[break][break]

This was a trainwreck.[break][break]

He tries to find something, anything to say, to find some kind of footing. So he focuses on what good he can. "You even like them? Your fiancée, that is." It was kind of important. A relationship built on no grounding? He couldn't imagine that. He could hardly imagine parents forcing relationships.[break][break]

Parents. Fuckin' weird.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash is... dumbfounded? Smeckledorfed?[break]
- Parents and making suitors for kids? Fucking weird.[break]
- He asks if she's even into their fiancee.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

.Yandere

She/Her
September 3
Slateport City
Graysexual
Business Heir
Grunt
Destined to be
Single
22 height
22 height
awards
140 posts
Naia Kayode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @naia
Naia Kayode
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 5:42:22 GMT
Naia Kayode Avatar
[nospaces]

Wash away the evidence

- - -

It was quite a spectacle if anyone were to listen in onto their conversation, the level of ignorance that both of them had towards what real, healthy parental relationships spoke more volumes than the actual topic of their conversation. And as he laced in his comments in between her words it wasn't like she was ignoring them but more she couldn't help herself in her train of thought.

[break][break]Perhaps it was the anxiety and nervousness that was keeping her brain running, but one of his comments stuck to her.

[break][break]"...I didn't realize it was that bad."

[break][break]Was this considered bad? To Naia this was her entire life, the norm her mother set out for her. It would make sense if he misunderstood her anxiety earlier as her being very uncomfortable with this whole ordeal instead of being scared her infidelity to Rocket was about to be exposed. And then came the question that would completely shut her brain off.

[break][break]"You even like them? Your fiancée, that is."

[break][break]Now it was Naia's turn to stare back at Ashley, a bit wide eyed and confused. It was almost as if gears were struggling to turn for a short moment before her eyebrows would furrow deeply. What did she think of ? This entire time she had been placing the thoughts and opinions of other people about him above her own, and she never really considered how she felt.

[break][break]"Uhm.. W-Well.."

[break][break]Tilting her head to the side, while closing her eyes she tried her best to picture what he looked like on their date.

[break][break]"I mean.. he's attractive..."

[break][break]She'd finally open her eyes, an eyebrow raising as if she was question her own thoughts on the matter and after another second of thinking it over she'd nod. No, yeah, he was attractive.

[break][break]"I think I spent most of the date.. to nervous and scared to really think about it before, but he was really nice.. a-and accommodating. I-I mean it speaks volumes that.. he was willing to do this with me.. I highly doubt we'll get married though.."

[break][break]That last bit was Naia muttered under her voice, her face tensing up when she realized that she said it out loud.

[break][break]"Ca-can we keep it between us though..."

[break][break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break][break]

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
pour [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 16:51:15 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Of course it was bad. Ash didn't really think much aside from it BEING bad. How else can it be seen? Blind dates, lots of suitors, forced to be engaged by an overbearing woman? Even if Ash didn't have an understanding of parents from having grown up with them, he knew that shit was wack.[break][break]

So when he starts hearing about Naya's words, and he stares, blinks, and waits for a response.[break][break]

So this is attractive. But she's too squeamish to even speak? Ashley's face droops even more. Geez, this was... he can't even imagine it if it were him. What the actual fuck? His facial expression says it all, as his jaw is subsequently picked off the floor. Left a bad taste in his mouth.[break][break]

"Yeesh."[break][break]

He tries to throw back some more milkshake, but he no longer likes the taste. Soured in his mouth, he gets up, to throw it in a nearby trash bin, before sitting back down. The pouring rain outside starting to let up just a little.[break][break]

"Yeah, I'm not telling anyone. That's crazy." He doesn't get parents who want that for their kids.[break][break]

He decides to make it a little lighter, so she doesn't have to focus on it. Better than letting it sit like it is.[break][break]

"You know what might make you feel better? You should come over to our place sometime. I'll feed you, and you can meet my boyfriend." He says, as he looks out the window now. Part of him wanted to show her what actual love was like. Because he knew the feeling. Maybe it would make it worse for all he knows.[break][break]

He may not know crazy parents (psycho, sure, not crazy), but he knew what love was.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley is still dumbfounded here. She finds this guy attractive, but it was to appease her mother?[break]
- That's not love to him. So he changes the subject, tells her to come over sometime.[break]
- To meet Kep, and to get fed. To show what it really was like.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]