August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Crossroads
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 3:57:10 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","body"]

Watching a far away base, the boring parts of this job, lacking in glamour and action; just him, and another. Project Lockbox? That was perhaps what this fell under, yet he didn’t mind, a moment for just him, his thoughts, and what he needed to do. His streak of failures had been weighing on him for a while, but his conversation with had at least lightened that burden just a little.
[break][break]
But he stood there, accompanied by Isaac, a stranger in this small, clandestine base. In such a compact and covert outpost, there was no room for unnecessary extras. ”Hey.” A small nod as the only accompaniment to his greeting.
[break][break]
A base such as this one was one in which each and every corner served a purpose, it’s compact size meant that even as a storage hub, there existed no superfluous space, and in that sense it added importance to their task, even as small as this.
[break][break]
”You been a part of Rocket long?” With a single raised eyebrow, his gaze fixed upon the other man, Kouji posed his question. With his arms crossed over his chest, his golden eyes like molten sunrays briefly caressed his comrade before turning towards the treeline which encased their secretive haven.

[break][break]

NOTES

-Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#ACDD70;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Crossroads
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 23:43:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The longer Project Lockbox rolled onward, the more carefully the operation needed to be handled to ensure it was clandestine. Bunkers abandoned in the heat of the moment were easy enough to infiltrate and scout out. However, months after the meteor had ceased to be an issue, that relief gave way to curiosity. Family members searching for their relatives' buried secrets. Treasure hunters looking to see what had been left in their wake. Perhaps even independent investigations from small-time rangers or officers.[break][break]

No official decree had jeopardized the project. But to keep that from becoming a "yet", caution and patience were the key. Only by lingering around in the base could Rocket ensure that nobody else was coming to take advantage. They needed these secrets to have an emphasis on the secret. Audiences to their meddling needed to stopped, and bases prone to such meddling needed to be abandoned.[break][break]

All of that importance didn't change the fact that this job was going to be a whole lot of sitting around. No wonder his companion for the day was striking up a conversation. It was for the best. If Isaac was stuck with one of those quiet types on a job like this, he'd probably go crazy.[break][break]

" 'Bout a year and a month," Isaac said. To some Rockets, that would sound like forever. To others, he was little more than a fresh-faced baby. For a moment, Isaac wondered which category Hitoshi fell under. "How about you?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Crossroads
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 21:42:08 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Kouji nodded slowly, his head turned to the side to look at Isaac as the man gave his answer, the Rocket Grunt didn’t know how long that was in the great scale of things, in the present scale of the organisation. But, he knew it wasn’t long, yet it was far longer than he himself had been a part of it.
[break][break]
”Two months.” The battle within the ultra deep sea had been his first taste of this life, and it had gotten him hooked. The smuggling that he had done with his father held a distinct place in his mind, rooted deeply in his memories. But even those days, those long days spent at sea were solidly in the realm of petty criminal acts, where the thrill seldom soared. A flicker of a pair of memories flashed through his mind, memories he held fondly, but those were the exceptions, he wouldn’t return to that life. His time at rocket, his time in this organisation had already given him so many.
[break][break]
Yet all the same, he found the blonde next to him a little interesting. ”Ain’t nothing long, but sure is always busy huh? Dewford felt like forever ago, and it feels like it happened just yesterday.” He had taken a while to recover from that ordeal, forced to sit back down like a child many a time, but in the end; here he was, looking out at a sea of trees, bored out of his mind. Maybe, it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, but he couldn’t see himself being anywhere else.
<p>
Was it true for everyone else, saw other uses, it was a means to an end, guys like could easily find work elsewhere, but guys like were him were stuck in this place with no prospects.
<p>
”You do anything else before this? Work wise; I just did some dumb crimes here and there, but you seem…I ain’t sure how to say it.”

[break][break]

NOTES

-Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Crossroads
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 3:27:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Two months."[break][break]

The Rocket of two months ago and the Rocket Isaac joined couldn't have been more different. To a degree, he found it difficult to imagine. When he joined, Rocket seemed like a better way compared to a failing League. What was the Rocket of today offering? A one-way ticket to the meat grinder?[break][break]

Always busy, indeed. Kouji didn't even know the half of it.[break][break]

"Some ways, it gets easier. Other ways, you'll never be used to it," Isaac cautioned. Even before Mt. Pyre turned everything on its head, Isaac had been running himself ragged on mission after mission. To a degree, he was still coasting on his reputation from those good old days. It was only recently that some started to wonder if he was truly a model grunt. "It's all the more reason to keep your feet on the ground, if you ask me. You can't just live for the mission."[break][break]

If Kouji did, there'd be nothing of him left.[break][break]

Kouji's next words left Isaac cocking an eyebrow. Oh well. The least he could do was give him an answer. "Little odd jobs here and there, usually," Isaac said. "Got myself something stable these days, though. Been doing a bartending gig." It was nice. It was just a shame, instead of an exit, it had only been a further in.[break][break]

"So. How do I seem, anyway?" That little comment wasn't slipping away that easily!

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Crossroads
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 3:34:25 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Kouji ran a hand through his hair as he listened to his senior Rocket, sure there was something of merit there but at the same time…
[break][break]
”Sounds vague. Well, I betcha I’ll get it if we talk a year and a half from now.” As he stretched his body, a luxurious stretch cascaded through his muscles, gently unravelling the lingering lack of tension in the atmosphere. Annoyingly soothing, this sensation embraced him. Engaging in conversation, Isaac proved a refreshing contrast to the typically imposing senior rocket personalities he'd encountered.
[break][break]
Maybe it came with the job of being a bartender, but he couldn’t quite pin it down on just that.
[break][break]
So he opted to answer, his golden eyes locked onto Isaac, almost unblinking, his voice was rather steady. ”Can’t tell ya, ain’t got nothing to put my finger on. Keep talking and I might be able to tell ya, you just seem different. Maybe it’s your eyes? Or the way you carry yourself. It’s just a hunch.”
[break][break]
He cracked his neck before he opened his mouth once more. ”Guys here look like they’re out for blood, whether it’s with the world, themselves, someone else, or their past. You got something like that?”

[break][break]

NOTES

-Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Crossroads
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 13:37:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The idea of even being here for another year and a half made Isaac's skin crawl. It wasn't anything personal to his present company, or to the Howling. It was the idea of the Hoenn region, his home, being ravaged for another year of this forever war. It was the idea that, for all he continued to doubt and question, he'd never find the strength to put his momey where his mouth was.[break][break]

It was the idea that he'd be back to being that sadsack drifter, small and grey, helplessly following a fate he didn't believe in.[break][break]

"Well, you have a point. Most people have two of 'em." Isaac couldn't help but smirk at his own joke. It had been too damn long since someome walked into an eye joke. Maybe by now, he carried himself with such composure that people didn't register the eyepatch. It was night and day from how frail he felt when he got the damn thing.[break][break]

Still, he understood what Kouji meant. He understood it even more as he laid his cards out on the table. He wasn't wrong about there being blood in the water. There always had been. The machine ran on it, even when it tried to play at wanting better. Playtime was over now, and the old guard demanded it flowed. This region changed since Meteno.[break][break]

Isaac felt increasingly like some pup trying to make it in the wolf's den.[break][break]

"Believe it or not? Lots of it." It felt strange to hear coming from someone so warm and outwardly serene, yet the conviction in his voice made it clear he wasn't messing around. "But not the kind that's helpful. At least, not anymore. So I keep it to myself."[break][break]

"How about you?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 1:59:06 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Kouji let loose a small little snort, it was a subtle sound at Isaac’s rather lame joke, with a roll of his eyes he returned back to a neutral expression, he couldn’t keep the ghost of a smirk off his lips though as a question was returned back to him, forcing him to consider it deeper; thinking on it more.
[break][break]
But his answer still came rather swiftly. ”Nah, I ain’t got none of that. I don’t have a bone to pick with anything, but I do wanna change everything.” He wasn’t sure how true it was, but he believed at this point at least. ”Things are too peaceful, people live in their own delusions, y’know.”
[break][break]
”Rocket’s put a dent in that, but it’s time to break it down properly.” He knew that the reactions to this kind of statement were manifold, but he put it out there in the open, in return for honesty. That was perhaps the thing that Kouji had more than anything, so he would continue to go for it.
[break][break]
It was almost dreamlike, the expression that sat on his face; dazed, as if looking at a scenery he could see. He had been given a glimpse of his ideal world, all the way back then, in that cave. But now?
[break][break]
It was just a matter of bringing it to light.

[break][break]

NOTES

-Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 3:40:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. This was where their chat was going.[break][break]

Isaac had always grouped Rocket up into a few mental groups. There were those who slipped through the cracks, seeing Rocket as their only shot at survival in a world where they had nothing. There were those who took a wrong turn in life and were now painted with the Rocket brush. There were those who, against all odds, genuinely believed in Rocket's mission and thought the world would be better under their rule. There were those who sought to exploit those true believers for their own gain. Then there were the psychos who just wanted to use their spot for sick, murderous thrills.[break][break]

Then there was Kouji, who seemed ready to tear down the very idea of public safety.[break][break]

"Really, now?" Isaac's quirked eyebrow wasn't visible behind his mask, but it was clear Kaname's response caught his attention. "We've had cannibals from another world, Ultra Beasts swarming the region, Necrozma's bloody rampage, the Dark Triad scheming in the shadows, and a meteor sent to wipe us all out thanks to a god that hates us."[break][break]

All that, without even addressing the Rocket-shaped elephant in the room. They weren't even in the top 5 causes of Rocket's turmoil. They were just there to make it worse and exploit it for all it was worth. This region was doing a perfectly good job hurtling towards destruction without them.[break][break]

"And you think all that's peaceful?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 3:58:54 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
”No, but they made us stronger.”
[break][break]
That was perhaps what led to the core of Kouji’s point, maybe there was a distaste there for those who had gotten the opportunities to live a better life, in many ways Kouji might have fallen into all of those brackets, but the last was the most obvious of them.
[break][break]
Just what was it that brought men forward, forced people to improve, and made them honest with themselves, was it battle, or was it the wish to continue their normal? Kouji believed it was the former, and believed it was the latter. It was that which stated the differences in their ideal world.
[break][break]
”What do you think? You want people to live in complacency? If those things didn’t happen, we might well be Kanto now.” He didn’t dislike that possibility, he wanted Rocket’s success, perhaps more than his own.
[break][break]
”Not like that’s bad either. Most people who lose just burn everything down.” He wasn’t sure how it worked on the big scale, but Kouji simply broke everything down into chunks he could understand easily.
[break][break]
”If you ask me, I think not enough has happened to this region, or any of them really.”

[break][break]

NOTES

-Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 23:08:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Hard times created strong men. Strong men created good times. Good times created weak men. Weak men created hard times.[break][break]

What a load.[break][break]

Isaac had been through hard times. He'd been through more hard times in the last year than many should have been through in their lifetimes. He didn't have the backing of a League. He didn't have the backing of a god. He didn't have the authority to make dozens, if not hundreds, hang on his every word. He was just one little grunt swept up in the tide, punching above his weight class time and time again just to survive.[break][break]

Was it those hardships that made Isaac stronger? Isaac couldn't lie, they were benchmark after benchmark, forcing him to rise to the occasion lest he be swept up in the high tides. However, they were far from the only hardships he'd faced. Before this year of frights and fights was twenty two slow, simmering years of neglect. These hardships took his spark and smothered it, to the point where he'd nearly surrendered his life to Maldacena.[break][break]

It wasn't hardship that made Isaac strong. It was his will that made him strong. Had the Isaac of then faced the Isaac of today's reality, he'd be crushed without a thought.[break][break]

"Seems like you've got it backwards to me." Isaac's tone wasn't harsh or accusatory. If anything, there was a curiosity to it, as if he was still turning Kouji's words over in his head. "Way I see it, hard times push us. And they push, and push, and push, until we have to bend. Some people can take it. Other people break. That's not making 'em stronger, its just getting rid of the ones who can't take it."[break][break]

"Guess to some, that might as well be the same thing."[break][break]

Maldacena pushed, and Isaac broke. The only reason he stood here today was because he got a second chance and used it to say "never again." Most in the region weren't so lucky. They wouldn't know how breaking felt until it was too late. It almost felt unfair to judge them for it.[break][break]

"Think about the strongest Pokemon in our region. Salamence. Metagross. Before they're all grown, they can barely fight their way out of a paper bag. You try to judge 'em then, you'll wonder why you're even bothering. But help 'em find their strength, and there's nothing that compares."[break][break]

"Feels like we can learn a lot from Pokemon, sometimes."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 1:29:53 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
”It might as well be the same thing.”
[break][break]
He shrugged, Kouji didn’t mind either way, he didn’t think it was the best world for everyone, simply the best world for himself. He couldn’t live in the world as it was now, it wasn’t a matter of finding it unfair, but rather, if he could get pushed out, so could anyone else.
[break][break]
The world was unfair, and he didn’t think his was any more fair.
[break][break]
”The ones that fold like paper bags get dropped by their trainers, or get toughened up until they don’t. People aren’t the same, some people can’t do it, and some can, I can’t tell ya which is which, and really; no-one can until that moment comes for ‘em.” It was a subtle shrug that rolled off his shoulder, he wasn’t sure if they agreed or disagreed on this point.
[break][break]
”But does it really matter? The average is still stronger, smarter, whatever else you wanna call it, better. If it were up to me, I’d never let the fight between the league and rocket end but I’m just a grunt, so what the hell does what I say matter, ey?” He said with a chuckle.
[break][break]
That was a difficult thing for him, his wants or that of Rocket, but in truth, domination over the region was such a vague goal, and he had seen bits of Kanto, he’d heard some of what’s happened there.
[break][break]
Was that really worth it? It felt like another kind of stagnation, yet at the same time, he liked that infinitely better than a free peace.
[break][break]
”We’ll just have to work for the glory of rocket, but what’s your ideal Hoenn?”

[break][break]

NOTES

-Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]insert code here
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 5:45:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The two agreed more than they'd thought, but the devil lay in the details. To Kouji, it was binary. There are the people who Can't, and the people who Can, and the world would be better off if the former got out of the latter's way.[break][break]

To Isaac, it was a spectrum. If a promising young Pokemon was cut down before its prime, what chance did it have to get stronger? A corpse couldn't learn. A ghost couldn't train. Wasted potential could never live up to itself. What was Isaac supposed to consider everyone left behind by an uncaring world? What was he supposed to consider everyone pushed under Rocket's thumb into perfect, controlled servants?[break][break]

Kouji wanted the League and Rocket to keep clashing, honing what little remained of their war a sharpened blade. Isaac just wanted them both to get out of everyone's way.[break][break]

"You don't get a chance to toughen up if you're dead," Isaac said. "War's no teacher. War's a final exam. And if you're making someone face it without knowing what they're in for, you're not giving them a chance. You're just giving them a death sentence."[break][break]

"That's what this is, you know? War. Not between the League and Rocket. Between our region and a cosmos full of dangers. We're in a war of attrition for the fate of our whole damn universe, and we're never gonna make it if we cut off everyone we don't think can handle it."[break][break]

"Wars aren't won by averages."[break][break]

There was no binary Make or Break. You could survive an Ultra Beast attack, but be picked apart by the cunning brutality of the Megalopians. You could survive their onslaught, but crumble in the face of Necrozma's overwhelming force. You could handle all of that, but how could anyone stand to Arceus? Each culling would make the region smaller and smaller, and their hopes of survival dimmer and dimmer.[break][break]

"My ideal?" It almost seemed strange going back to the subject. Kouji's ideal differed so heavily from his he'd forgotten this was how they'd gotten here. "I just a world where everyone's got a shot."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 5:56:56 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Kouji smiled, it wasn’t a crooked thing, it was a good wish, a good idea, it almost reminded him of Navidson, but there was something else behind it. ”Haah, you’re a good guy huh? That’s a really nice wish.”
[break][break]
”Yeah, wars aren’t won by the average, but the extraordinary. I don’t mind being wiped out though, if we’re weak, we deserve to be.” In that sense he was consistent with his belief, but that came from a lack of belief in their weakness. He had seen strength again and again, he couldn’t imagine a place holding more extraordinary people than he had seen on Hoenn.
[break][break]
Just as he had finished it, he properly stood up and stretched, kicked his legs out, and felt the joints cracking, his muscles stretched. ”Your dream, well, I hope it comes true, but I’ll do my best to crush it. I want mine to come true, I want a world that works perfectly for me, I don’t care about anyone else’s.” He said with a smile, he had no issues with that kind of worldview.
[break][break]
But he wouldn’t be able to live in it.
[break][break]
”But why the hell is a guy like you in Rocket? I hate to tell you, but we’re not good, have you ever been to Kanto?”

[break][break]

NOTES

-Social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]insert code here
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 5:36:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Used to think I wasn't. Too full of anger and spite for all that." He used to believe bice people were people like , sweet cinnammon rolls who'd never done anything wrong in their entire lives. Someone like him never seemed to deserve the title. "Guess I've had 'em aimed in the right direction all along."[break][break]

Kouji was an enigma, and Isaac was finally starting to crack the code. He wanted to crush Isaac's dream, but not out of disdain or hatred for it. Rather, he wanted to make sure it was worthy of coming true. In a weird, fucked up way, it was almost a compliment. In that sense, there was no way for Kouji to truly lose. If he lost, he deserved it. If he won, he was right.[break][break]

The last thing Isaac wanted was for anyone to throw their life away for some philosophy. But that was half of this whole damn war, aasn't it?[break][break]

"And I'll keep looking for the worth in everyone I meet. We'll see if I can bring it out before you can snuff it out." Maybe he'd inspire. Maybe he'd train. Maybe he'd just keep standing defiantly in the face of oblivion. Isaac had no idea what mark he'd make on the world, but he'd be damned if he didn't make at least one. "One way or another, this world's gonna be extraordinary."[break][break]

Perhaps it was a philosophy too nice for Rocket. "I knew since the day we met about Meteno," Isaac said, voice sobering up a tad. "Can't say I was too big on the news back then. Only paid enough attention to keep my ass out of the fire. I came here in the first place cause I stuck my nose where it didn't belong. They said I'd be spared if I joined, and, well, living was all I had left."[break][break]

"I met a lot of good people here. People that deserved better. I wasn't ways a bleeding heart, but I got my second chance. Figured they deserved one, too." Isaac always told himself he was doing more good for them through Rocket than against it. Way back then, before Meteno, he could actually believe it.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Crossroads
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 6:38:04 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”I wish you the best, but I ain’t gonna back down either, I’ll snuff them out if they can’t keep up.” He said with a smirk as he looked around once more, it really was quiet out here, wasn’t it?
[break][break]
Still, when it came to company, he could’ve done a lot worse than Isaac, the man’s philosophy, it wasn’t borne of some naive hope, or so Kouji believed. It seemed to be built up from experience, guys that experienced a hell of a time tended to go one of few ways, but this was the way that Kouji could appreciate the most.
[break][break]
”Depends on them, don’t it? If they want it or not, I’ve met all kinds of rockets. Those that didn’t have any hopes, and are just looking to hole up. Those that don’t know themselves yet, and those that think they do. Hell, we’ve got a good number of veterans who’ve frozen over, and others that’ve thawed. Rocket is that chance, first, second, whatever else. It doesn’t matter how much society shuns you here, places like this will always exist.”
[break][break]
Hell, he was sure in his ideal world, a group like rocket might well have been like Isaac here, pushing to protect people. ”Because they don’t want that hand to reach for them, it’s for people to drag themselves up while achieving the whole’s objectives together.” He seemed almost wistful, nostalgic as he thought about it. Kouji had spent a long time thinking about Rocket, well before he joined, hearing about it from his father, his siblings, those people he had seen during his trips to Kanto.
[break][break]
”But it’ll also drag some people to the abyss, well, that’s their own fault really. You going to help guys like that too? People who can only live by killing?”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

Aliquam malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed.[break]
Leo integer malesuada nunc vel. Consectetur a erat nam at lectus urna duis convallis convallis.[break]
Sem viverra aliquet eget sit amet tellus cras.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights